can blisters on my perineum be something other than herpes?
I recently had sex with my partner. I am very sensitive so it started hurting after a whie. A day later the skin of my perineum tore and my vagina felt itchy and sore. I figured it was a yeast infection. I've had them many times before. I actually started to worry that my problem was chronic. So i took the meds my doctor told me to take and applied "Macmiror" cream. I started to feel better but I woke up one morning with tiny blisters on my perineum. I dont see their presence on my vaginal lips or anywhere in that area. I went for a blood test today and did the HSV test. I have to wait for another 3 days to get my results back. I am worried and confused because of the place of those blisters. They dont  hurt or itch that much and they're not red at all. Could this be something other than herpes? I am very worried. My boyfriend had herpes 6 years ago and cured it. i, however, know herpes can come back.
Please help
I'm afraid if your boyfriend had herpes 6 years ago then he still does.... its a virus that once you have it, it doesnt go away - even if the blisters or lesions do.  He is less likely to spread it if he doesnt have active ulcers but it is still transmissable.  There currently isnt a "cure" as such, only treatments.
The most common cause of  blisters in that region is herpes unfortunately, and the blisters can occur anywhere in the region - internally within the vagina and externally around the vulva, perineum and anus..  The other things it could be are:
a dermatitis or allergic type  reaction to the creams or yeast treatments you've been using,
or a staph aureus skin infection (these are usually painless) but don't look like "blisters" as such I'm afraid.
What did your gyno/doctor say? ususally a gyno can spot herpetic lesions straight away.
Good luck, let us know how you get on....
PS you should definitely use condoms till all is sorted out! (and make sure your partner has STI check too) I always recommend that people (even those who are strictly monogamous have regular STI checks because you just never know :) )
ik its been a while but did you figure out what it was?