can drugs be passed through semen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

can drugs be passed through semen

I am on random drugtesting my boyfriend uses crystal meth is their any possible way that meth can be passed on to me through his semen?
Im not sure about meth but I have heard marijuana can & that girls have actually tested positive. Not to be rude but Crystal Meth is a very dangerous drug & should consider seeking helping. If you are having unprotected sex & doing drugs there is a chance in harming a baby. Use protection.
if i were you, i would be more concerned about him using that nasty, life destructing drug. get him help and if he refuses, leave. he's going to bring you down with him. however,im sure its not as simple as that. as far as your question goes, i would assume it does get in his semen and into your system just as alcohol can. good luck out there.
You are smart enough to get on the internet and ask such a question, but are dumb enough to not use protection with someone who does crysatl meth? There's a great father figure. You think he'll stick around when you say 'I'm pregnant"? He's too busy supporting his habit. If he really loved you, he'd stop using with you! At least then you'd have a support system.
If I were you, I would not stay with your boyfriend.  If you are having sex with him use protection.  Think about this though.  Where do you see the relationship in the future?  Try and help him to stop using the drug, and if help is not wanted then move on with life.  Look after yourself and your future.  If you plan on having kids with him someday, what type of role model do you think he will be?  As to the semen thing, I would not doubt it?
i am a parole officer and no, drugs can not be passed to you through sex. but, as the other members said, id be more concerned you are having unprotected sex with a meth user. also if you are on random urinalysis, you are probably in a situation where you should not be hanging with a user! FYI meth is extremely dangerous to even be around due to its toxicity and flamability... its so toxious that if a person had a lab in an apartment and they moved out, the next renters could get seriously ill or DIE from the toxicicity left in the apartment!
* correction, i should say you can not test positive by receiving semen from a drug user*
I want to know if cocain can be passed through semen? My sister had to take random urine drug tests. She claims that she hasn't been taking any drugs, but she just tested positive for cocain in her urine.
My daughter has ADHD.  I have never did drugs or marijuana.  Her father is a daily user.  Could his semen somehow caused this disorder?  I have a healthy 14 year old son by a man who was not a drug user.  But, my daughter has all kinds of mental problems.  
I personally do not think that is the cause of your daughter's ADHD.  My son also has been dx'd with ADHD.  ...if that disorder actually exists.  I think several deficiencies or toxicity in the body loads us (them) with several symptoms that doctors have just come to call ADHD.  Have her mercury levels checked.  I'm still trying to get this done with my son.  High levels of mercury given  in childhood vaccinations has been linked as being a cause of ADHD, Autism, Allergies..etc.  Treat each symptom individually....  Of course, this coming from a person who doesn't believe in traditional medication.  I prefer to use vitamins, minerals and herbs...along with changing dietary consumption, limiting or doing away with certain triggering foods.
Is it oral or vaginal and I would like to know because my sister just tested positive and she said it was from oral can any one answer this one?
is it possible to test positive for marijuana thru having  anal intercourse with someone who smoked marijuana????? some body please answer me tonight because i get random u/a's and i am worried about having one tommorrow
My bf is on  the chemotherapy drug Mexotextrate(sp?)  for RA...is it possible to pass residue to me thru semen during oral sex?
How much dose of meth will affect an unborn baby. And how much will it affect the unborn baby?
can you become positive for weed through your sexual partner
Well you need to imagine what that drug does to an adults brain and then imagine how a being with a small developing brain could be affected by those chemicals! Not a healthy situation at all. However, of the exposure was accidental and has now stopped i.e you didn't know you were pregnant, you should consult a proffessional. The general consensus is that exposure of drugs to a foetus is defintely not a choice to make, but that if unavoidable it is very hard to predict if the baby will be attected. Links to learning difficulties and behavioural problems have been suggested but it is just not a nice thing to subject a developing child to wherever avoidable. Good luck with it all, hope that helps, peace and love be with you xxx
can meth get in someones system if sombody touches you and the are sweating a lot. i know it comes out through the pres real bad but i was just wondering if thats possible?  my second question is can meth get in your system or hair through the smoke if your in the same room with it but not using?
yes you can test possitive for drugs especialy illicit drugs, oral anal, or vaginal, CPS. will use that against you
Like everyone else, I too have been trying to figure out if meth in semen can be passed  to an unborn fetus.  My son is now 4 and I am no longer with his father, but my son has some medical problems and he would have night tremors after he was born.  Those lasted till he was about 2.  I have never done any drugs so I just want to rule this out.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Can depression medication be passed into my system through semen?
I HAVE A HUSBAND  I THINK HIS USING SOME SORT OF DRUG I FOUND A PIPE UNDER MY BED...I WANTED A BABY FROM HIM BUT I DNT KNOW IF IT WILL AFFECT THE FETUS?HELP WILL BE BIG FOR ME..
okay my sister just had a baby and they did a toxicology test on the baby and the baby tested positive for cocaine my sister has never used cocaine but the father did is there any way through the sperms that the baby tested positive for this
i feel it is unkind to post comments about what the person should do with there relationship.the question was simple. if she needs advice on how to handle the relationship she would not be here. i am looking for direct answers not advice on what to do with an addicted partner.
Let me start by saying that there's a huge difference between someone who uses meth & someone who cooks it! While there might be flammable chemicals being used in the production of meth; meth itself is not flammable. She is not going to get sick & die simply because she's living in the same house as a user. Meth has caused many problems in our society & it has ruined lives, but you are spreading false information! Being a parole officer does not make you an expert (obviously) but it bothers me a little bit that you're not more knowledgeable than this! As far as drugs being passed through intercourse, I don't know but I have heard Dr. Drew say that it's possible to pass it through intercourse. I don't know where you get your information, but please stop talking as if you know what you're talking about when you obviously have no clue!
i think you are very brave to get on here and ask a question like the one you asked,and as far as what some of what these other ppl said to you i would have to say i disagree with them.I think you should stand by your man and what you beleive in,of coarse use protection untell he can come to a place in his life where he is ready to settle down.You have to understand the drug meth and have been there before to understand what he is going through.This is a very ugly and hard drug to come off of and with out some one there by your side saying we can do it, he will never will,Ive been clean off meth for 7 years and with out my loved one i wouldnt have made it.stay strong things will get better,and god bless you and your family.
Ok none of anything that one person said was helpful at all. This question is not stupid or something to look down on. So I just want to say bravo for even asking in first place. But honestly without all the smartass remarks does anyone have the true answer? Seriously next time if someone really has a rude comment on someones question maybe try skipping it. Your comments are waist of time
Can you please give me some advice! I need HELP!!!
thats true what that person is saying cuz i have very same proble an stupid me went an have a child 4 himan he never has the time to carry him no where if he works all the money goes behind his habit so waist ur time wild u could get out of it do it noe
Exactly, no offense but she never asked for relationship advice. Giving unwanted advice is very harmful, especially if you're not properly trained and know the situation and persons involved.

I also wanted to know if it can be passed through skin because my brother is a meth addict and I'm scared when he picks up my dog or pets him that my dog can be harmed. He doesn't smoke it but his room smells weird after he uses.

and trolling the forum pretending you got pregnant while on meth is horrible. You are not only harming the mother but the child who grows up with a attitude they weren't wanted.

Making so much noise you don't know when to listen
Think it over
There's the air of the height of the highrollers
Think it over
You aint got nothing till ya know her - Issac Brock
If my boyfriend used a week before and we had sex. If i am not a user will i test positive even if he pulls out before he cums
actually i would like to ask the exact same question. i am dating a guy and have an arm bar as not to get pregnant but he is a drug user and id really love to know if meth(he took it orally) or pot, he smokes it) can be transferred throgh intercourse becuase i have been having sex with him.
Does it matter???? A person that gives birth to a baby with Meth in it's system needs their head examined.  No amount of drug is safe for the baby or mother.
Using drugs while being pregnant is not only a dangerous thing to do, but is also a criminal offense in most states. I am speaking from experience here.  My daughter just gave birth to a baby that tested positive for Meth.  She has lost her baby.  And is now facing charges of injury to a child. A first degree felony, in this state, punishible by up to 25 years for a first offense.  Please folks, Meth is not a recreational drug.  It destroys families and lives.  Now I will be raising my grandchild and praying every night that the baby not have problems in the future.
Well as far as the meth goes no clue..but a couple of Years back I was in drug court for marijuana and I hadnt been smoking did the program the way I was suppose to then I got confident and thought hey I can hang with my old crew no big ( bad idea) I was in a bed room a small one and they we're smoking all day and not me again still wrong to be there I thought at the time I'm playing video games with these guys their smoking no one will know( I'm glad I was caught changed my life and thinking) next day I showed up to drug court and failed the urin test for marijuana ..and unlike the probation officer they didn't believe me either so I was forced to lie and tell a fairy tale that didn't exsist and write and essay that I should have written stating my wrongs for being there thinking I could be around it..but I shouldn't have had to lie..the judge told me I quote never forget it" well I can stick 8 ppl in a telephone booth and give them a joint and everyone smokes it but one and drug test them all and the one will be clean" I've seen a lot from ppl who use I've seen the places ppl will go to lie..that's the only complaint I have on drug court probation prole etc yes I shouldn't have been there but get past that and trust that I'm telling u the truth if I've been honest and upfront for months why start now..about any other drug I have no clue sorry and u should defiantly get a new boyfriend..marajiana is kick able I was using it to medicate being bi polar I am very fortunate that it wasn't a worse drug ..it took a very short period of actual drug rehabilitation to correct my problem but I am still seeking and will always seek and be on healthy actual medicine for the rest of my life..ur bf journey will be a twisted long friggin ride that ends with help, prison, or death period
Ok I just found out my husband is a Meth user. I have frequent drug test with my job. We have sex quite often. Can it be passed thru his semen to me?? I've heard different answers. Is their a site I can go to. To find out true medical facts?? I'm very worried on this one!"
It was a long time ago but this man came into the apartment I shared with my roommate, a woman.  I thought it looked odd what he was doing and my roommate crossed her legs.  After he left she said he was spreading his semen around and I was probably pregnant.  I was.
I'd really like to know more about the effects of second hand exposure to meth because I just found out my soon to be ex-hubby been using it in our house for about a month or so.  I've had all kinds of strange things going on with me that all started about the same time.  I've never used meth, but I'm afraid the second-hand exposure will turn up in a drug test.  I've suffered headaches, dizziness, hive-like skin rashes, strange sores/infections on my skin, shortness of breath (and now in less than 6 weeks time I appear to have developed COPD cuz symptoms differ from my life-long asthma), anger issues (I'm normally a peace-loving tree-hugging/ humanitarian/ pacifist, but now I get cranky and anger easily). and it seems to be affecting my brain too.  It also seems to be affecting my cats.  I need help to prove my innocence in case I do test positive due to this second hand exposure.  What can I do?  How do I get it outta my system?
I want to know if its possible to get high from someones semen because my fiance is a frequent meth smoker and i gaave him head and swallowed and withing a short period of time my heart was racing my hands were numb i had a ringing in my ears and shortness of breath not to mention i could not stop grinding my teeth. I have never used anything other then pot and im kinda freaked out about getting high from being intimate with him we hadnt been intimate in a very long time due to his habits and he smokes the meth all day everyday so does anyone know does it sound like i got a contact high or am I just freaking out
Yes you can I was tested positive for Meth at a Research Study after by boyfriend who uses it came by the night before..I do not use no drugs!!
yes, be careful and use protection, i did the Hep C treatment and the Doctor's told me to use protection for my girl freinds safety, Better to be safe than sorry !! alot easyer to stay clean than to get clean that is forsure !!
U know ur one to judge. U must be first in line to heaven. Someone like u should've been an angel by now. With ur stupid comment u must have a perfect life. U don't even know jack. People sometimes just had it bad, u probably wouldn't last a minute in some these /women's shoes. Sex offenders DON'T CARE whether or not u want a condom or not. So keep harsh comments to your self if u don't know. Dam
I came here like many others, looking for an answer to a simple question. My thought being, if a breastfeeding mother can pass drugs/alcohol to her child through her breastmilk, then it seems likely that passing drugs through semen is also possible. But as many have pointed out, too many people are giving out relationship advice, unsubstantiated opinion and/or flat out misinformation. Posting a reply without any evidence to back it up is just a waste of everyone's time. I didn't hear any compelling evidence either way but there were a couple of personal experiences that if true would lead me to believe it is possible.
As soon as I posted my last comment I stumbled on a research paper (Klemmt-Scialli.pdf) which confirmed my suspicions. The answer is basically - yes. Most chemicals/medications in your blood will generally have an amount equal to or slightly less that in your semen. Although most of the inquiries were concerned about the possibility of it causing you to test positive on a drug test, I would just like to point out that a powerful drug like meth can get a non-user high in very small dosages.

I would think the chances of it resulting in a positive drug test would be higher if the semen came from a long-term, hardcore user and lower coming from a recreational, weekend warrior  type user. And from my observations and feedback from people getting tested, people with a lower percentage of body fat are more likely to test clean than someone with a high percentage of body fat.
Is it possible, that a man taking cancer medications for colon cancer, to have this medication in his ejaculation?
I wish people would actually answer the question instead of looking down on the person. How rude, if you have something rude to say don't say it, you don't have to talk smack about someone who has a question they need answered. You don't know thier situation.Shame on you people. Go get a life people.
falcon..i asked that same question to my dr's and they stated No not possible. however every time we have sex i get the infection were the good and bad bacteria in my v is fighting each other. never had this before. the ole man is going through chemo and radiation treatments. my thought was the semen killed all the bacteria  and as it try's to heal itself my body starts fighting each other. dr's said no but i think they have no clue. they can not find the cause of this. hope this helps some what. good luck
To answer all your questions..NO! Drugs can not be passed through sex, anal, kissing, touching, hugging, drinking. Only through ingesting it yourself and or of course being around pot smoke. You'll be fine, just drink plenty of water! Water cleanses the body of all toxins!
they have radioactive pee that glows lol but your sating there pipes get totally clean of all traces? and that it is not possible at all?
stating  *
weed dose not affect kids with adhd. ADHD is passed from the mother or father it has nothing to do with drugs or the use of drugs she has ADHD cause of you or her father or grand parents I have ADHD and it was passed to me from my mother but my son does not have it I smoked pot when he was in my tummy and my son is just fine and healthy
perhaps it has to do with some correlation between the pH of his semen - which may have undergone changes from repeated drug use - and the vaginal infections you experience. Maybe an abnormal pH (most likely to acidic) is serving as an irritant to the delicate tissue within.