can it be positive if a hpt has a faded line?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hey everyone!
I've tested three times btw last wkend and this wk. i am on cd27. I just took the third hpt right now and got two lines but one is veryyyyyyyy faded, i compared it to the other negative test i got this past wk and none show the faded line, is very light but i can see it. oh my good i am so nervous could it be a BFP, could it im in tears right now :') I have been ttc for 2yrs. now.

If you see a line, no matter how light, you are more then likely pregnant.  Just very early in the pregnancy.  I would guess CONGRATULATIONS are in order!  

OMG could it? i am sooooo excited. I just don't wanna put my hopes up so i'll test once again tommorrow morning. Thank you!
The same thing happened to me after my IVF. I had 3 or four very very faint lines. I had to hold it up to the light to see it. I went to Dr. next day and my hcg was 123!!! Good Luck. I am finally pregnant after 3 years.
I would agree--if you see any line at all, you're probably positive!! Check in the AM, though, when the levels are the strongest.
Good luck!
Chills and tears hoping that this is it for you! Sure sounds like it!!!! I used to work as a Med.Asst. and we did the testing in the office. The rule was, a line is a line is a line! It was considered a positive and then confirmed thru a blood test. Never had one, even faded that was wrong!
Stay POSTIVE! You and those tests!
congrats, im so happy for you. Make sure you take your natals!!
Congrats!!!!! I'd say you're definitely PG. First morning urine is the best but if you can hold it it for several hours (at least 4) you should get a good result. I found the 1st morning urine didn't make a difference because I was getting up to pee a million times a night anyway! Good luck and a happy and healthy 9 months.
I would say that if you have taken 3 tests already and one has a faint line then you are most likely pregnant!  No need to waste your money on another one....go to the doctor's and get a blood test to make a certain confirmation!  Congratulations!
OMG i don't wanna get my hopes up. But the reason why i think this is it guys, is because none of the other tests that i took the past few days (i saved them) look the same. The neg test don't have that veryyyyyy light pnk line, is veryyyyyy light tough. i'll keep you guys all posted.
Did you do another test to confirm your other test?

NEVER MIND!  I saw your response to a different individual!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  I am so happy for you!
hi everyone,  I took a test a few days ago and the line was very faded i could barely see it  a friend said that the line has to be as bright as the control line, is this true? I'm confused..
OMG same here I took a took just a week ago and I had a very faded line.  I didn't know if I'm pregnant or not.  My boyfriend's sister in law said if I see a line even if it was faded Im more likely am.  But I'll wait this weekend and take another one.  
i'm confused too. I have the IUD and i went to see the doctor for other reasons and they tell me that my test came back positive with a very faded line. I also took the blood test with the same results. Am i pregnant?
i have taken 2 pregnancy test and the first tiime it was an almost white line the 2nd one was a very faint pink line and i dont want to get my hopes up but i cnt help it am i pregnant
i took a test yesterday and its *** up with a veryyy faded pink line i cud barely see it i took another one this morning my first wee of the day and its was faded again but cud see it abit more ive jsut took another one and there is a pink faded line as well am i pregnant
I was lawsy told a faded line is a positive and i hope it is for you too. I have a 3 yr old and have been trygin for my second. A few montsh back I tested teh day of my missed period and the line was faded. We were excited except my periods started that evening and I'm not pregnant. The next few months never got a faded line and the suddently today ( -2 days period), I have a faded line again. I heard that early abortiosn within the first week of the expected period may give a false positive in the form of a faded line. I totally understand what you are going through and I hope you are pregnant!
In my experience even a very faded line on a pregnancy test meant that i was pregnant. I went and got a digital test to make sure when i got a faded line and the digital test stated that i was pregnant and low and behold i was definitely pregnant. :)
Have only missed a few days of cycle, was meant to come on my period a few days ago, have taken 4 tests which all have shown a very faint line.
Would appriciate a reply as i am only 16yrs old, 17 next month. Am very nervous and a quick reply would be so GREAT!

Thanks to all
x
So I took a pregnancy test last night because my friend is pregnant and she said that i have all the symptoms she had when she first found out and told me to go take one. So i did but the only thing is that there was only one like and it was negative BUT the line was so faded that i could barely see it... And the control line was completely dark. My unpregnant friend took one just because and her negative line was as dark as the control line... Can someone help me? Am I pregnant or not? Or should I wait like a week and take another one?
A week from today I came down with what I thought was the stomach flu. Had all the symptoms, throwing up, achyness, head ache, etc. That lasted until Sunday. Since then I have had on and off hot flashes, cold spells, and fevers, as well as always being tired. As quick as they come, they go. My friend told me I should take a pregnancy test, so I did, midday, yesterday. It was a Clear Blue and I got a VERY FADED plus. I went home and threw up. This am I took an EPT and got a negative. I am two weeks away from my period. Do I test again? Could that have been a false positive? I can't get my hopes up again. We have tried in the past and it's ALWAYS been a negative.
so i am almost 16 years old and i found out i am pregnant. i took 2 hometests and they were very positive and i went to the doctor. he told me my hcg level was too low but the test was positive so he figured i miscarried so i went home and took another test and it said positive so i decided to go see a different doctor and got another tests. he told me my hcg level was doubling and in the mean while i was spotting and told me well your probably having a threatened miscarriage. he set me up for an ultra sound coming up next thursday but now i took 2 more tests and im concerned because the bleeding stopped but these 2 tests that i just took are barely showing pregnant but you can still see  the lines . did i miscarry?
I was due my period sat, going by what was my last cycle (28 days) but my periods are irregular! Anyway, i took a preg test which showed a VERY faint line! Due to my periods being irregular, could i of ovulated later than i thought and could this be the reason for the faint line? I still have not come on and dont feel like im going to either! I did have all the cramping, but that feeling of going to come on has passed! Am i pregnant or not?
everysince i had my baby boy march 4th .my periods been coming on every first week of the month...on july 15th i came on i was 2weeks late and i was spotting than august came around i still didnt come on.and now is the second week of september still no period....i took 3 preg test 2 said i wasnt and one was a dark line and the other faded ...am i preg
I have taken four pregnacy test an three off them showed a strang line an a faded line I have just did one this morning an it has showed a strong line an alight line so I think am pregnant but I have also have been bleeding in the last 20 min do u think I am pregnant I so won't a baby been tying for 6 months
I took a pregnancy test today and had one very strong line and a very noticeable white line so i took another test and it was negitive im so confuseed???
I took a pregnancy test this morning and there was one line that was obviously pink. There was another line though that was only white but I could still see the line, it just had no color to it....does this mean I'm pregnant?
This same thing happened to me this morning, and I am very confused too..I am hoping someone will answer the question soon..
thank you you just anwsered my queastion i took one yetserday and their was one dark and the other line was faited but was there
Hello everyone I took.a pregnancy test at home and one line was dark and the line was light so I took another hpt and it said I wasn't pregnant so I waited until the nexts day and I took another one and it said I wasn't pregnant. Could I be pregnant or not...