can pregnancy occur while having sex on the 7th day of period?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Me and my girl friend had sex on the 7th day of her period. she said that her period was ending.
but during the intercourse when i felt the urge that i was about to ejaculate i immediately withdrew. specifically i did not penetrate her fully i was only on the outer vagina. can that cause pregnancy?
to add more info the sperm that i ejaculated went on my hands.
but i'm paranoid that i could get her pregnant
Well, the timing is great for getting pregnant, since sperm can last up to 4 or 5 days in the woman's reproductive tract.  The methodology is not so great for getting pregnant, since you only ejaculated on the outside of her vagina.  However, if you had been having sex by then, she might have had plenty of vaginal fluids on the outside of her vaginal lips.  You're not out of the woods.

Next time, either use a condom or time things differently.  4 days before her period is actually much better than 7 days after her period, though no timing is perfectly safe for unprotected sex.
what do you mean if i had been having sex by then?
what are the chances of her getting pregnant?
What I meant was if the bratwurst had been going in and out of the baby hole for a while (whether or not you had ejaculated), there would possibly be vaginal fluids brought out to the vaginal lips.  Vaginal fluids are friendly to sperm, at least at a time when the woman is likely to be ovulating or coming up on ovulation.  Sperm could swim up the fluids and into the vagina, and into the cervix, and into the uterus.  Like I said, it's not the best way to get pregnant but it is not impossible either, especially given your timing in her menstrual month.
what are my chances?
Under 20%.
That being said anytime you have unprotected sex there is a chance of pregnancy. Some women ovulate earlier than others, and some women ovulate later than others. The best thing to do if you dont want to get pregnant is to use a condom every time you have sex, no matter if you think its a "safe day" or not.
Risa615 commented on photo
1 hr ago
Risa615 commented on photo
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on Des92's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals