can too much sex cause a yeast infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

i went to visit my boyfriend and we never get to see eachother so needless to say, we had sex. i was there for 3 days and we had sex 3 times. i came home yesterday and on the flight noticed some irritation and itching. the last time we had sex, it was very dry, so i figured it was from that. then right when i got home i noticed i had started my period...i had been expecting it.
ever since this morning i have had a lot of internal and external itching and noticeable white stuff on the outside of my vagina. i have had a yeast infection before, but it was from taking antibiotics. could having sex too often have caused a yeast infection?
Yes, especially if you haven't been having 'it' for a while.
well i went to the store and bought a monistat 1 day treatment pack and used it last night and it made the itching really bad for awhile there...so i took a wet wash cloth and just wiped down the outside of my vagina and went to bed and it seems to be doing better this morning....we will see.
Be careful with that 1 and 3 day treatment stuff.  Many women react strongly to it and end up in a worse situation with greater pain.  It's really safest to go with the 7 day treatment, even though it's a real p.i.a.
:)
well day 4...and the itching isnt going away....i am probably going to the urgent care after work...
I would too.   Ask them to culture you for yeast and get the strain typed with any known sensitivities.  This will help you make sure that you are using the right med for the right strain of yeast.

To ease the itch, you can soak in an epsom salt bath, or use a cold pack for 15 or so minutes.  Make sure you don't wear any tight clothing or use a perfumed laundry detergent, toilet paper or sanitary products.  These are things that can cause a reaction in the first place but especially when things are already tender and inflamed.
thanks...i got some diflucan hopefully it helps...they didnt do a culture or anything...they were nice enough to get me in on such short notice...
Call your dr they have a RX for this its 1 pill and it will take it away in 2 hours flat!
I didn't realize too much sex can cause infections in the vagina.
Yesterday my vagina started hurting awhile after intercourse
and i though it was just normal.
Then last night it started to itch inside and outside my vagina
I called a nurse and she told me to take 3 or 4 baths a day a sit
for 15-20 min...Unfortunately with my busy schedule there is just no time for that...
any suggestions ?????
im very open at this point of time and in some pain!
I read something about the epsom salt bath im willing to try that once a day does it work?