WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
can u still get youe period when your pregnant
by sha-baby, Oct 19, 2005
okay heres the story, i got my period the 6th of this month. and i had sex with my husband, the 7th-11th but my period went off on the 10th. i just found out that i was 4 weeks pregnant.and last night and this morning it felt like my period is comming back on.i mean u know the feelings you get when your period is around the corner. should i be woried or i shouldnt be woried at all?
Member Comments (88)
by waterskigirl, Oct 19, 2005
It is possible to get a period while you are preganant.  I had one at 12 weeks.  But if you are pregnant and you have ANY bleeding especially bright red blood, go to your Doctor or the ER immediately!  I had to have three internal ultrasounds to discover that I was indeed having a period.  I have a unique condition (bicornuate uterus) where my uterus is almost completely split in half and the "unpregnant side" had a period.

Good luck!
by oceans3, Oct 19, 2005
dont be "worried"/concerned until you actually get it (if you get it). you said it FEELS like its coming. i experienced the same thing when i was pregnant very early on. i had, cramps and everything else that goes along with having my period but it never came. woman have gotten a period while pregnant but from what i understand, its pretty rare.
by sha-baby, Oct 19, 2005
oh my god, this sickness is really drivivg me crazy, today was one of my worst days, i was sick alday i mean i had to stay in bed. my side was killing me i was sick to my belly. i cant even eat anything without feelin so sick. is there any home remedys for pregnancy sickness, or do i just have to sick this out for 8 more months?
by ateague, Oct 19, 2005
4 weeks, huh?  You and I are in the exact same boat.  I'm 4 weeks preg.  (gestationally 2.5 weeks).  Anyway, I know what you mean by "feeling" your AF is around the corner.  Cramps, discharge, moodiness, but don't worry.  It is normal, remember, pregnancy symptoms go hand-in-hand with PMS symptoms.  We're just fine.  Unless you are discharging blood like AF, I wouldn't worry about it.  If you are having your period, please go to the doctor to make sure it's not a m/c.  Congrats on your preg. and keep me updated.
by ateague, Oct 20, 2005
Does it help to eat anything?  I've been told to eat saltines or some other bland type food to calm your stomach.  Are you sure it's not gas pains, pregnancy can cause you to have an increase in gas bubbles, which is what I'm going through today.  Also, constipation is a factor too.  I would check with your doc. to see if you can take any sort of antacid like tums or pepto-bismal.  It is safe to take tylenol during pregnancy, and if these pains are due to cramping of some sort, it might help.  Tylenol always helped me during AF cramps.  I hope this helps.  How are you feeling today?
by sha-baby, Oct 20, 2005
oh yea i spit alot all day long its like i have to spit, cause if i dont i will throw up. hav you ever heard of somone who did this when they were pregnant?
by sha-baby, Oct 20, 2005
well today i was feeling a little better, besides the back pain i woke up with, but i had a advil and it helped alot. see the thing is i can dill with the back pain, cause i can just take a advil for that. its the sickness that get to me the feeling like throwing up. but all in all today was not a sick day so i am fine so far!
by Nicole19, Oct 23, 2005
its weird but I have heard that lollipops help with morning sickness. and hard candy. hope it helps.

god bless
by 19sara86, Nov 03, 2005
I am 18, and i am currently on my period. However, it hasnt been normal. Very light... but its  been very dark. I normally do not have pms, but have terrible cramps. This time however, i dont not have cramps, and Ive been EXTREMLEY emotional. i can see a commerical on TV and ball my eyes out... ill see a baby and his mommy on the street and ill cry. I kissed my boyfirend and i cried. It seems as though any time i see a baby i cry. is there something wrong with me? i cry over EVERYTHING!!!! and im no baby... what does this sound like to you?