can you describe ovulation pain?
This is my first month off the pill in about 7 years, and I don't remember if I ever had ovulation pain before starting the pill. Now that my husband and I are planning to start a family soon, I am really anxious to know if I start ovulating right away off the pill. I am charting my BBT but haven't had a thermal shift yet so I know it hasn't happened so far. I feel like I am paying such close attention to my body that every little twinge could be ovulation! Could you desribe what it feels like, where do you feel it, how long does it last? I hope I know it when (if) I feel it!

Thanks!
i think i am overly sensitive but to me its a strong pinching pain on one side. it can even be sore to pressure. it would last for a day or 2, but not always every month. using OPK's could be a great way to help you see exactly when you O.
To me it feels like pressure on either the right or left side.  Sometimes it bothered me so much that it hurt with every step I took.  It doesn't feel the same as cramps during your period.  It only lasts a day or a day and a half.
I ALWAYS know when I ovulate because of the sharp stabbing pain in my side.  I am very pain tolerant, yet it is still very painful for me.  It's not like menstrual cramping.  It's a constant pain for hours or a day or 2. I was on the pill for years because of my endometriosis & forgot 1 month, and I ovulated 17 days after my pill period. My period started 17 days later so I knew it was ovulation.
I had a period on Jun 20 and felt some weird pain on July 7, is it possible for it to bee ovulation? I had never felt it before but I know for a fact it wasn't cramps. But it hurt on both sides and it hurt when I would walk, bend, and even cough. It lasted like almost a day. I really want to get pregnant. I hope my period doesn't come on July 20th.   :'(