can you get pregnant if you haven't had a period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-369 comments:

My husband and I are trying for a couple months now to conceive.  I get a period every two to three months and when I get it, cramps are very painful on the second day.  I have had diarrhea, sweating, been lightheaded and thrown up from my period.  My periods have been like this from the start but not always this painful.  Any thoughts?  

Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks in advance! :)
Your period shouldnt really be a factor to much into it, it really depends most on ovulation. If your period is that irregular and you are having all those problems though it could be due to an ovarian cyst or something along those lines. You should see a doc, and get an ultrasound. as for the diarrhea that is fairly common with everyone, and the lightheadedness could be a lack of Iron. Try taking a good multivitamin, and figuring out you ovulation cycle. and like I said before see a doc.
Ps, PreNatal vitamins are some of the best and should be taken while trying to get pregnant anyways ;)
So my boyfriend and i have been trying to have a kid I had my last period like a month ago. Please someone help me is there a chance i can be pregnant. I havent taken a test yet but i will plan on it soon like probably 2mrw or something! but i really need to know if me not getting a period for over a month means im pregnant
Hi, when i was 19 and 20 i have cancerous cells in my cervix and had two LEEP procedures, ive always wanted a baby , and never really have used protection. I also have PCOS .. and havent had a period in a over a year, but now im getting signs of getting pregnant but im going to take a test in the morning. I feel for all of you, its horrible when all you want is a baby and it just doesnt happen. My husband and I would be great parents and its breaks our hearts that we have concieved yet. Ive been through the meds to start my period then the clomid .. and that didnt work either, i know some people get pregnant without there period so my fingers are crossed! Ive been having morning sickness and very tired and napping every day for the last week.
sportyshorty86 you have to understand that some poeple are unable to get pregnant naturally therefore they have to source other ways. Like IVF this is not a bad thing nor wrong it is still your eggs that are being produced and even if it is not your eggs. Having access to those services provides people with the chance of becoming parents a gift that would not beable be given with out having these fantastic advances. You have to ask your self are prepared to not beacome a mother if you are unable to become pregnant naturally ? I
I went off the pill this time last year and only have a period every two months. Its so depressing Yes I run allot like 70km a week but atheletes get pregnant. Why is my body so F$#t up I am seeing a specilast. I am getting married in November but I just want my body to have regular periods. Its really frustrating as I get now and then spotting. I dont mind if I do become pregnant either. We are not using any protection either. Grrrrr I really am upset with my body
Hi I was wondering I have always had an irregular period it will start and go for about a week but the last time I had my period it was only like a day then stopped and I have not had one since and that was 4 months ago and ever since then I have been really mean. Can that mean I am pregnant or can that be caused by it just being irregular.
Hi everyone,
I've posted on here before but recently got my period back, and I got it back naturally!  
This is no scam.  this is a real person.  I haven't had a period in 6 months.  Actually I haven't had a normal period since before I got married in 08'.  I went on depo and it killed my period.. in 2010 i went on birth control pills.. and after a while I decided I just wanted a regular period.. I waited and waited.. 6 months.. nothing.. the doc put me on progesterone.. and it started.. but didn't stick..

The gyno put me through some tests.. nothing.. everything was normal. .she said I had secondary amennorhea (amenorrhea).. Which means there is really no reason as to why I wasn't having my periods..as I sat there and talked to her.. she pretty much told me that I should start on fertility meds immediately if I wanted to have children.  I told her well I didn't want to go on anything with hormones.. and that I'd try to lose some weight first.  Because I had gained a lot of weight after the depo and the pills... I had no hope.  all the doctors wanted to do was put me on pills to start my period.. and even then I may not even be ovulating.. .I cried so much that day.. Thinking to myself that I would never be able to have a regular flow.. and possibly never be able to get pregnant...

I decided on Feb 8 2011 to start taking **** Quai .. I researched it quite a bit.. and was hoping that it just might help me start my period.. I later saw that I should be taking Vitex with it because the **** Quai doesn't work well by itself. So everyday religiously I took a brand called Solaray **** Quai 550 mg  I took 2 pills in the morning and 2 at night. I followed the directions on the bottle.

I also took Solaray Vitex 400 mg I took 3 pills in the morning and 3 at night.  The reason I took 3 in the morning and 3 at night is becuae on the bottle it says "take up to 6 capsules daily with a meal or glass of water".. I figured if 6 were to be taken that I'd just split it so I'd take both the **** Quai and Vitex together.

I had been taking **** Quai for 76 days when my period decided to show herself... I was only taking Vitex for 70 days ( I didn't know to take the Vitex with the **** Quai till a bit later).. I took these pills and they helped me get my period back.  Every day I took them and I also exercised and tried to eat healthier.  Either way these pills helped me get AF back.

For anyone who has lost their period due to birth control .. I'd recommend these herbal pills.  They worked wonders... When I thought I'd never be normal again.. I can't say that I'm ovulating at this point.  I did start charting again and will let everyone know once I get there.  I am just so happy to announce that I have my AF back and I did it naturally and without hormone pills.. All I have to say is gyno's and doctors aren't always right.  I was told that I'd have to go on Clomid to get my cycles back.  and I didn't.  I swear by **** Quai and Vitex.  I will keep updating as I progress through my cycle and let everyone know if I am indeed ovulating..if I am ovulating.. then there will be a chance to have what I've always wanted... a baby..

Also I have read up on Vitex and have read many forums on women who have used Vitex and several have been able to conceive.  Even women who have PCOS, or other conditions that have rendered them "infertile."  So to those women who have given up and have gone to hormone therapies, I think you should try Vitex and see how it works for you.  That's just my opinion. It worked for me..
I came off the implant a month befor xmas and still not had a single period and really.wantin a baby is it still posible to get preg plz give me some answers
I need help or advice. I'm gona be 22 n I havnt had my period in a year . I did test I don't have a thyriod prob everything normal. Bt the doc said I must c a doc . Any1 knws what be wrong
I was told the same diagnosis *Secondary Amenorrhea* after going thru many testing I got discouraged. I have 2 healthy kids a girl 13 & boy 11 yrs old. My husband & I don't have a child together. It has been really stressful trying to concieve (conceive) being that it was not a problem before. What should I do at this point?
I can tell you that after I was diagnosed with secondary amenorrhea I was very discouraged by my gyno... she told me I would never be able to conceive and should start taking fertility meds. I started to take a herbal medicine called : **** quai, and Vitex. I took those two together for about 70 days and now have regulated.. I am still taking the Vitex to regulate myself.. I'd try that if I were you ..
I am sitting with the same problem I had a baby last year may and July went for a depo injection I took it last Desember had to go back in Feb for another one but never went,because I wanted to change to the pill! Now it is end of May nearly and still have no pms. I started getting heartburn,nausia and headaches! I don't know should now wait or have a test as I am getting abdominal pains and had A previous attopic pergnancy! I am so affraid of having another attopic again because of the injection!
I havent had my period and im 21yrs old  is that good or bad cause I really want my period and im not preganant and never was I just want my period :( and I dnt take birth controls either
Hi...I had sex but saw my period on time and its been a little over a month and still no perio. I know its early nut could I be pregnant? Is that even possible?
Hi all i am 34 years old and havent had a period for almost a year now im on i wanted to kno if anyone knows how many days after should i try to get prego
hello everyone, im 22 yrs of age and my boyfriend and i have been tryin to conceive for almost a yr now n nothing has happened yet. Its been a year since ive been off the shot n goin on 6 months without a period n its been driving me crazy lol. So please if anyone has any answers for me that would be great
i havent really been getting my periods lately. and sometimes when i have sex wit my partner i bleed a little. one time i even bleed for 2 weeks but a lot just maybe spotting. i used to be on bc pills but that was about 4 years ago and i only had 1 depo shot which was 3 n half years so now i dont know wat is wrong with me i spot once in a while and then i dont. so i wonder can i still get pregnant if i wanted to later in my life? plz anyone can repley to me.
Im 25 of age never been on the pill i was told i have cyist in my ovuries im desperately tryin to fall pregnant if been to a gyn who was useless how can i fall pregnant
Why di I keep cramping for the past week and no period..
I'm a twenty year old women and I'm getting married in august of this year and me and my feonce have been trying for the last eight months to conceive our first child but no such luck ...... I started the depo in November and bled irregular for two or so months but nothing normal... it said it takes six months to a year to get pregnant after using depo but I base only took the first shot .. well hoping for good news please help.
I've never had a period because I have pcos.. I went to a party 3 nights ago and a guy friend had sex. My lower back and abdomen have been killing me and I dont wanna be pregnant because my parents and husband would flip. How can I tell if Im preg after 3 days...i cant go to a dr because they would have to bring me and I want to hide it from them....what should I do and how can I tell
I am now 31 but when i was 16 i had a tubal pregnancy and had lost the baby.I married at the age of 18 and was trying to have another baby, within in 3 years i still could not get pregnant.My doctor recommended for me to have a dye injected into my tubes to see if i had a blockage.there was no blocked tube.i had a normal period for the first 2 months after the dye then i had missed my period for 3 months on the 3rd month i had a pregnancy test done and it said i was pregnant.I had an ultrasound and the doctor said i was only 4 weeks along so i had gotten pregnant when i was not having my period.
Well ladies, first of all any doctor who tells you that it's ok not to get a period is NOT a doctor you should be going to.
        I am 27 years old and NEVER had a period w/o birth control. I have only been on the ortho evera patch, and the depo shot ,on and off from the time i was 16. I had irregular periods on the depo, so i stayed on the patch for regular periods. I stopped using the patch o few times for about a year or so at a time because i was married for & years and have only had two long term relationships. The man i'm with now i badly want a baby with..... but since i was on birth control for so long and that gave me REGULAR periods i ended up with what's called "endometriosis" which makes it very hard to get preggers. With that said,.... endometriosis is thought to be caused from getting periods and the blood and scar tissue backs up and scars the outside of  your organs that you need to get pregnant. Now it's POSSIBLE to get pregnant, but WAY harder. I also have NEVER had my period w/o birth control so now i have NO period so im not ovulating NEW eggs and im 27 so most of my what i call "Good baby making eggs" are gone.
So im seeing a specialist because i badly want a baby and i cant get pregnant,I have been trying for over a year but having unpertected sex for EVER because i have only been in 2 serious relationships. (so dont have unpertected sex ladies unless you want a baby w/ him)...... and I have sex everynight, sometimes more than once with out protection and it's NOT my boyfriend because he is fertile. If you are not having your periods, there is defenitly something WRONG.. go to another doctor you could be enehmic, have  thyriod porblems or in my case be way to skinny. The skinnier you are the harder to get periods, then leads to harder to get pregnant. So if your trying to have a baby dont loose weight this WONT help, if you have no period you may need hormones, but i would stay away from anything that will give you a period but not get you pregnant quickly, for you dont want endometriosis because that lowers you by atleast 20 percent or more depending on how bad it is or can get, and if your over the age of 21 remember that your EGGS depreciate (die) 10,000 or more every year you wait.
So if your skinny like me, have endo, never had a natural period, and may have a thyroid issue and are older than 25 and you got pregnant...PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DID AND HOW because i desperatly want a baby and my doctor wants me to have a operation to remove my Left ovary because it;s filled with polysystic cycts and remove endo before even trying hormones and i def dont want to wait and dont think i have that much time.. Ladies no period , not a good thing whatso ever.
So to sum it up if you havetrouble getting pregnant ask you specialist or doc. if they can test you for ENDO, THYROID, FAT CONTENT, CANCER, and if your not having a period you need for sure to get to the bottom of that because that is def, a factor in not having a baby..
Hi, I was on Yazz from October 2010 till the end of May 2011. With this pill you have a four day window to get your period. My last period was January 2011, all months following till may I didn't get a period. Sense I wasn't having intercourse and prefer getting a period I decided that in May at the start of that four day window that I wasn't going to go back on the pill. June 10th I had intercourse for the first time in 10 months. In that following week had major mood swing my breasts are tender and nipples are sensitive to the touch. So June 18th only 9 days after intercourse I decided to take a test. There was a faint positive line in the results window. I have two children, have had one miscarriage and a tubal witch lead to have a DNC. and have never had a false reading on a test before......So is it possible to get pregnant if you haven't had a period in 5 months???...Today is June 21st and I go to see my doctor for a blood test in a week. So I will probably be answering my own question but will post again to let you all know.... Elaine2627
Hi ladies,
Let me all break this down for you as quick as i can.
Had my first period at 13, went on Depo at 14 for 2 years and that really messed with my periods so i've been irregular ever since. I thought it would be really hard to get pregnant. At 17 i went on the Pill to regulate my periods and it did but when i got off the pill my period didn't come every month, i just had to wait for it -_- So i never knew if i was pregnant until i took a test even then you cant be too sure. So in January this year at 19 years old, i got off the pill completely and i had a period in Feb & i missed my March and haven't had one to this day 27/6/11, but i thought that was normal as i'm irregular.  I took a pregnancy test in April that came up negative. But on the 22nd of this month (June), I found out i was pregnant after taking 2 hpt's & then a blood test confirmed it yesterday that i am around 3 months pregnant. So to everyone who is wondering whether or not you can get pregnant without a period, YES you can, i did :) Just make sure you don't stress, as i didn't, i wasn't trying at the time cause of not getting my period. I thought you had to but clearly from my experience, you don't! So stay positive, be happy & it'll happen when you least expect it!

P.S I didn't know as i haven't had barely any symptoms, NO morning sickness at all, just grumpy, heavier breasts and cravings, that is all i have had so far. & i didn't magically get so hungry i raid the fridge and only lately have i been needing to pee constantly. Everyone woman is different, you may or may not get all the symptoms so stop trying to notice them, just enjoy life and it will happen when its the right time.
hi everybody..
i need some helpp :( i'm 15 and i haven't started my period yet and my boyfriend and i have been talking about sex. i was just wondering if i could get pregnant? and how much it's gonna hurt? \:
I'm 27 years of age, I have been tryin to conceive for years now, but have yet to succeed. I was on the depo shot for 7 years got off and got on the pill for a year got off, been tryin to conceive ever since then but has had no luck. It seems like the only time I see my cycle is when I'm on some kind of birth control method other than that I don't see it. Are you still able to conceive without having a cycle? I would love to experience motherhood.... WISH ME LUCK IN TRYIN!!!!!!

honeybee360
Hello!
YES, you can still get pregnant without having your period for a time period. My period has always been irregular since I was 16 or so. In 2010, the last time I had my period was mid July 2010, I got married in October 2010, was intimate with my husband without using protection and found out I was pregnant on Dec 1st 2010, by then I was already throwing up, having sickness etc. so I was probably a few weeks into the pregnancy already. Sadly, I had a miscarriage on January 22nd 2011 which is the worse thing any mother to be can imagine...but my point is, it is possible to get pregnant without having your period for a while. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant again, so wish us luck. And best of luck and wishes to you all as well!
I have never gotten a period officially and I'm 16. I had protected sex with a condom but it broke.  I'm really nervous about getting pregnant.  How can I tell that I will not become pregnant.  What should I do to know that I am not getting pregnant. Can I do anything now to stop it?
Hey there im nearly 21 years old,always have had 28-30 day cycle's and regular periods,however in october 2010 i had a mis carriage,and my periods were normal still,in march i had an ectopic pregnancy which resulted in me having my right flopian tube taken away,my periods have been normal until june this year...i came on june the 2nd which was 1 week late for me.and i was due on about 1-2 weeks ago and still no period! :s ive taken preg tests all negative which isnt suprising for me but im wondering why else my period would be late?
i am 31 years old. i have had a very intensive spinal surgury 4 years ago. since then i have had no periods. the doc said my hormones are low and gave me provera which induces periods. Can i get pregnant after using this. i really want to

jen
i stop taking my bc in march but havent had my period...
Hey all . I'm 21 and me and my bf is trying to have a baby. I had my periods on the 12th MAy and on the 2nd June me and my bf had sex and he came inside of me and many times after that coz we reali want a baby. Iv done 3 home pregnancy test since then coz my period is late.all of them was negative. Could it be that its 2 earl?or should I be worried
i think you like sex so much
heyyy, i haven't been on my period in 2 months and 3 weeks ago i had signs of pregnancy and i went to the clinic 2 weeks ago and i had a pregnancy test done and it come back negative but i still havent come on my period and still got 6 signs of pregnancy's what shall i do can any one help me pleasee
im 13 i havent had my period yet everyday i just feel like sex and having kids  plz help i have never had a boyfriend
my periods have always been irregular ive had 3 kids i was given provera bc i went almost 4mos w/o a period had my period 6/14/2011 from the provera and that was a normal period and i bled for 7 days then i had another period wasntnt normal was light bleeding and it only lasted few days that was 6/29/2011 i havent had a period yet my husband and i are ttc and my DR wanted me to go on BC after provera to have a cpl normal cycles but i chose not to take them bc im ttc if i dont have a period how do i know if and when im ovulating tnx and good luck and god bless ev1 thats TTC
Hi this is LaShorty2784... My man n I are trying 2 come out pregnant but my period is irregular on may it came down on the 15 n left on 19 on june it came down on the 20 and left on the 25 but for july i haven got my period n the thing is that on the 15,19,21 i had sex n he came in side off me but i haven had any sing of blood n my chest heart n there r time that i cant smell food i tock a home test n it came out negated how i could come out pregnant pls i need ya help thank u for ya time god bless ya all  
I read about a herbal supplement that's supposed to help start your period it's a chinese herb called **** Quai I just started it so i'm not sure if it works yet but I've read alot about it and I've heard nothing but good about it and there are alot of pro's about it it does alot as far as i've read I to have irregular periods want a baby never been able to get pregnant some call it luck I call it bad fortune this herb is supposed to help with infertility in both men and women as well and I to have tried prenatals but nothing has happened well good luck to us all and I hope I helped some.
I started having my period when i was 9 and i was always really heavy then when i turned like 13 they became irregular and they took me to the doctor and they said i had an infection and wanted to do something down there but mom didnt let him. so they took me to another dr. and she said the same thing and they gave me birth control pills. they were making me fat so i stop taking them and my period started fine regular and still heavy sometimes. them when i turned 17 it started again skipping days so i went back to the dr. and said that i was overweight i had gain some pounds but i told her that it had happen even when i was skinny but she kept on with her dignose. and now am 19 and i havent had my period for like a year and i been trying to get pregnant and i havent been able to. we dont use no protection and its been like 2 years already.
When you have taken for a while can u gives us a heads up if it works or if ti doesnt please and thanks God bless us all and Good luck to all of us cuz we need it.
Hi everyone• Interesting comments frm everyone| I had my first baby when I was 26 and 6 months after I started taking deproprovera injections~ I took 3 doses n it really screwed me~ hvnt got my periods ever since n the gynos say u shud give it atleast 6months for the periods to start~ I went for an ultrasound n its all normal I even hv a lot of eggs~ I wanna get pregnant but m not gttng my periods~ is there any possibility that I cn b pregnant> m feeling very naushous my lower back hurts but sadly I tested n the results were negative
I will for sure let everyone know I was also to told to take vitex with it and i've heard from many people that it works and they like swear on it also theres something called a fertility cleanse you can buy and i've heard it works great and that most everyone that has done the fertility cleanse got pregnant shortly after. So for right now I am only taking D O N G quai but am gonna look into getting some vitex. The vitex as well is a herbal supplement. As for the fertility cleanse as far as i've read it's diferent tea's so as well a herbal cleanser and gives you energy and makes you feel great altogether.
We tend to want something so bad that we play tricks on our minds i to have been in that position. I have irregular periods if they come at all and it tends to play a big roll in being tired and irritable. I had ticked myself cause I wanted it so bad to the point I felt nausus tired I was bitchy eating alot I seriously thought I was pregnant but the tests kept saying negative and sure enough I wasn't. Try either a fertility cleanse or start the herbal pills D O N G quai and vitex it should help start you menstrual and get your body ready for pregnancy good luck everyone
thank you am defenitely trying all of those and do u think i should make an appointment with the dr. to see if anything is wrong with me. Cuz ive read a lot of these comments here and some don't sound that good LOL a little nervouse.
i didn't mention this but one time i thought i was pregnant cuz i was having the symptons. but then i started bleeding really heavy and having a lot of clots so i went to the dr. and she told me that it wasnt normal i ask her if i had been pg she said she didn't know anymore because my bleeding had stop i bled like for a week i waited to long and i had bad cramps that i would cry it happen like7 months ago. do you think that after that i could still get pregnant. i still sometimes have cramps like am going to get my  period but i dont.
Hi I'm 20 I didn't get my period for 3 months n I started to used birth control n I stop I would like 2 knw can I get prego?
I have been irregular since I started also. I started taking bc in 06 because I thought that would help it get back on track but I guess not. So I stop taking them march of this year. My last period was april 21,2011 prengnacy tests are still negative. And anyway help me please...
I would first try the fertility cleanse it takes a month than go from there i've been to the dr for my problems on not having periods and not being able to get pregnant and all they tell me is take bc for 6 months to regulate ur period than try after stopping it well as you can see it didn't work so I would wait personally on seeing a dr and try the herbal way first i've even heard of girls that were getting like ther fertility shots and it didn't get pregnant after months of treatment but got pregnant like a month after the fertility cleanse.
Also I have been through the whole super bad period pain and clots and I to went to the dr it's happened a few times but all they do is give you pain meds and tell u ur not pregnant and it's just a bad period look up the fertility cleanse as well as the D ONG Quai and the vitex as I have and read what people have had to say about it I did research on these and love all i've heard.
Thank you for your comments i appreciate it a lot am defenitely going to try it THANKS AGAIN LOL. MAY GOD BE WITH YOU.
Not a problem I know what your going through and god bless you as well.
I am 24 my period is very irregular and im hurting so bad that i believe that i cant have children and im hurting ..im on bc to regulate my period but still no period ...what can be wrong
Hi I am 23 and I was on the pill for almost 10 years (Yasmin 7 yrs & Yazz 3 yrs). I stopped taking the pill at the start of May 2011 and it has now been over 3months and still have not had any sign of getting my periods.

I went to my Dr and had blood tests which all came out normal. I am now going to get an ultrasound in a couple of days. I think I may have a cyst on my ovary because I have some lower back pain and sharp pains occassionally. However a cyst should not stop my periods.

I have heard it can take up to 8 months for your periods to return. My husband and I really want to have a baby so my mind is completely consumed with all the WHATS IF'S. I know that I am fertile because about 5years ago I came off the pill for two weeks and got pregnant.

Tomorrow I am going to get an ovulation kit to try and work out whether I am ovulating or not. If my ultrasound comes out ok and my periods don't return in the next couple of months I am going to have to take further action because I have heard the longer you leave something like this the harder it can be to become pregnant because tissue can grow over your womb.

Does anyone know if maybe going back on the pill for a month then stopping it again could help?? Also I have heard its possible to still ovulate even if you are not getting bleeds.??
I haven't been having my period and I'm over 300 pounds and I feel irregular like I should've had my period no matter of how fat I am I need help
Can i get pregnant? But I'vll never had a bithcontrol pill. I'am married. Oaky.. I have'nt had a period in 5 month can i get pregnant?
I need help ive been having unprotected sex im 18 gna n 19 here it is august 30th n no period I usually have my periods at the begoning of tha month buh idk wuys wrng plz help me !!!!
my period is not steady sometimes it comes every month some times it stops for 3-4 months.can i get pregnant?i have tried but no successfull result.
I REALLY DONT HAVE MY PERIODS MAYBE 3 OR 4 TIMES A YEAR THERE WAS A SMALL CYST ON MY OVARIES BUT THEY SAID IT WAS SMALL NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT MY LAST PERIOD WAS JUNE 2011 IM OVAULATING AS WE SPEAK BEEN HAVING SEX REGUARLLY AND NOW IM HAVING CAFFEIENE CRAVINGS LOL BUT I DONT KNOW IF I AM I TRULY WANT TO BE UP TO THE POINT NOW IMA PUT IT IN THE LORS HANDS
well iv been tryin to get pregnante abt 3years going on 4yrs i cry and think soo hard about havein a baby and Nothing comes my way iv always said 2012 is my due date well i guess wrong on that i have had irragular cycle every since i took birth control knw my cycle mess up becuz i dont take them anymore please pray for me becuz i will pray for u im wanting my ANGEL FROM HEAVEN AND SPREAD ME AND MY  BOYFRIEND FOR 4YRS REAL LOVE
I too have had irregular periods and had to suprises...findding out at 3 months for both kids. I now have a 5 and 7 year old trying for baby #3 for few years...well see..God willing it will happen soon. I did get pregnant in jan and lost it so hope I get pregnant again.
I don't remember when I had period last time. I am trying to get pregnant so bad. I was diagnosed with PCOS but not on meds or anything.plus I hv hypothyroidism. My question to all of you is: Should I keep taking Pregnancy test every month? Can I get pregnant?
* am 27 yrs old.
I'm just wondering if someone  can help me as i am becoming very worried,
I am 17 years of age and came off the pill at the very start of august 2011 after being on it for 2 years. However since
then i have not had a period and it is now the middle of september so over a month.

Since then i have not been having protected sex with my partner at all (we usually have sex often) however, i have not fallen pregnant. Something which worries me as most people can fall pregnant straight away. I went to the doctors and they did a pregnancy test and it was negative also told me not to worry but im freaking out. Does this mean im unlikely  to have children.
Please help.
Hi, I have poly cystic ovaries disease and I was told by a few doctors that I would never have children, I haven't had a period since march 2007 and even before that for the 6 years I did have a period, they were erratic and unpredictable. I got pregnant and had my first son in 2009 and I have been pregnant again but lost it. By the sound of your symptoms you may have what I have because if I ever get a period it is hell on earth for me. If you want to know go to your doc and tell him you want an ultrasound on your ovaries, there is a reason behind everything.
I'm 29years old I was on depo shots missed it and its been 3 months and I havent had a period went to the doctor and he said i'm not pregnant and that sometimes it do take time to start back having one he said it my be a year before I start back
Hi very new to this , I'm in of some advice because I really don't know what to do .
I met this lovely lady just over 3 years ago and I told her everything , ie that I was divorced and had 3 children told her all about them , she then told me she had 2 children in there teens as mine were also , I even told her that I had a versectomy after my 3 rd child , my girlfriend is 39 now and has just informed me that she is leaving me because she wants another child knowing that I can't have any , this has devastated me because I really love her , I can't have reversal because I can't afford it and it may not even work and would take to long . To be honest and this hurts saying this but I think she may even go and have sex with another man just to get pregnant and have baby . This has really stressed me out . Why would she do it ? What have I done wrong ? : (
I hope since you have written this that you did end up pregnant. But I do know that when my sister tried to fall pregnant she couldn't so someone suggested that if you stopped concentrating on it and occupy your  mind with other things then you might. Well she bought a massive dog to look after and with in a few months she fell pregnant. If you want it too bad sometimes it just doesn't  happen. Something to do with your body being too up tight. Good luck anyways.  
i hate my period but i want to have kids what should i do?
after going off the pill I did not have a period for 2 years.

Gave birth to a beautiful baby boy 6 months ago.

Just because there is no period does not mean you cannot get preggers. I think the pill threw something off and it just never got back on track, Ive spoken to lots of woman who had a hard time getting their period back after being on the pill. It does not mean ur infertile. If your having unprotected sex, watch out for soar breasts, dizzyness stuff like that because chances are that you can and will get pregnant :)
Well I have one child a 5y/o and wanting another baby for the last 5 in half years I didnt have a period for a year and hald straight, I finally got my period back 10-14-11 it just came back,and i was tested for everything under the sun the said I was just fine I was just to fat. But I hope this a sing that god is letting me know that its time to have another child. I paryed for so long and it finally happened!!!!!
Hi im 24 years old..i got on the depo on feb 4 2011..i was.on my period wen I got it..till this day I havent had a period.i spotted the ends of june.n the begining of july..i have been having sex but not regularly.n its bee  unpertected.do u guy thin I could get prengant like that n he does the pull out method..i would really like to read ur comments on that..n wat r the chances of being pregnant
no period for two years just had a baby 14 months old. me and my husband have unprotected sex daily but i'm on the depo shot but i hve pregnacy syptoms (symptoms) can i be pregnant? not ready for a third baby right now my 14 month old is still breast feed.. what should i do?????
so are you pregnant or not, curious, about to ungergo leep. beta quant came back positive, leep canceled, then beta quant repeat came back neg. waiting on doc explanation. leep rescheduled in meantime. beta quant to be repeated before then.
me and my.husband have been trying forever to.get pregnant. but my periods are irregular. and i havent had one in awhile. which isnt unusual for me ive always been irregular. everyone says i cant get prgnant because i dont have a period.????:(. but i want to disagree with them. ive been so sick in the mornings for months ive took several pregnancy tests they all come back negative.. doea anyone have an idea whats going on. can u get pregnant.without my periof??. im sick in the mornings but my.pregnancy test are negative?. does anyone know why this could be?. any.suggestions.?. we really want a child!!!:)
I always been iregular on my period. I don't have a period for over a year or maybe more, I been trying to get pregnant but nothing happends I guess cause I'm not ovulating :( I been to the doctor and don't tell me anything. Wath can I do to get prego?? Or wath test can I ask to get sinse they ovisly aint nothing about it??
Ive been off birth control for 4 months and I was on the depo shot and still have not had my period and I'm trying to get pregnant. Is it possible to get pregnant?
hi iv recently had  a period in Sept. after not having one since Nov. 2010 well i only had that one period in sept and not have had a period after that is there any why i could get pregnant even tho i dnt start a period??? i have been having unprotected sex.
im the same way as you i never had a period until i got on b/c and i had my period for seven months and i came anemic and passed out at school in the bathroom and then the doctor put me on some other b/c and i came anemic with that med and now im not on anything and im not having my period but me and my husband has been married over a year now and try everynight more than once  and no baby and we want one bad but it is not going to happen with me like this and the doctor told me i had a irregular pap so now i got to see this other doctor so i dont know what to do it very hard to understand
Hi well am have a 9 month baby boy and a 2 yr old and 8 months in both I have brestfeeding and I don't get a piriod and am worry don't know how to tell if I get pregent if I dont have a piriod to guide me:( I took the test and all 3 camed out negative but I feel really bad cramps only on my right side any one know if that could be bad???????
is it possible to have get pregnant if you have never ever got your period?
I haven't had a period in two years does this mean that I'll never be able to have a baby trying with no success
i am 26 years old, and have not had my period in 3 years. Am I going to be able to have kids? I really would like to have children soon and i'm so worried I'm not going to be able to. Is there a test that I can take with out going to the doctor to see if i'm able to get pregnant? (i don't have insurance)
I have been off my birth control pills for over 2 years now and only have had 3 periods each year. I want to get pergnant more than anything but didnt know if I could or not. I went to the Dr already and they say nothing is wrong with me or my husband. They wanted to put me back on birth control pills to make me start again but how can I get pregnant if on the pill? So why cant we get pregnant?
am a 31+ year old. married. you all will be surprised but the fact is i never have mensis in my whole life so far. am married but do know if i ever have a baby. somebody pls help

I haven't had a period since April 13,2011 due to ovarian cysts. Today's date is December 29,2011 and I was wondering if I could possibly still get pregnant? Lately I had some small symptoms of pregnancy but nothing to go crazy about. Except, fiance thinks I might be because I been eating a little more but not to my much ( I never been  a heavy eater) and my stomach is starting to come out as if I were to be pregnant. I told him that is not the case I could be just getting chubby. Except, I exercise often and only eat a little more the normal. So I could I possibly still be pregnant even though I haven't had a period in over 8 months due to ovarian cysts?  
hi im 25 years old and im tired of going to the doctors and seeing the gyno koz all give me the same speech....but this time really hit me when they said that my internals are abnormal...

oh and i have never ever had my period at all and i really want to get pregnant i want my own family and my partner has no idea yet that i cant get pregnant koz my internals are abnormal....

ive lost weight and nothing has happened so i went downhill and gained weight well quite alot now i weigh 97.2kg and it goes between 90 and 100...

i really need some advice or help cause i want my own family and i want to be like all the other ladies out there....
I had a baby in january last year via c section since then I have had like 4 periods should I be worried as my partner and I would like to start trying for another baby? Has anyone been through this and can assist it would be great
Hey my husband and I have been wanting to have a baby but I havent had a period in 3 months. i have had both blood and pee tests done and yet im not pregnant. I do have hyperthyroidism but have treatment for it and it is level. I was taking birth control but stopped because we decided that we wanted a baby. I have had more than one doctor do blood work and they still havent found the cause of why I dont have a period. The weird thing is my period was regular and just stopped out of the blue. I really would like to get my period back so that i can conceive and have the baby that we have wanted for a while.
I Am 23yrs old and have not had a period for three months. The last one i had only lasted for 3 days and was just spotting. I also wake up soaked in sweet and have been having lower abdomanal pain. My question is could i be pregnant.
I had the implant in since my little girl was 8 weeks old and now she's 2yrs old I had my implant out in november 15th 2011 and its now january 2012 and still no period I was wondering if any one else has had this problem? Iv had the implant in before and when iv had it out my periods were back within 4 weeks can any one help xx
Was born with DBA, Diamond Blackfan A-Plastic Anemia. Diabetic, & so on. Just about 4 years ago I got off of the depo, I was getting cyst' after cyst on my overies the size of softballs. In order to stop them, they had to take my period away. I started having my periods back but but VERY irregularly! But now I'm not having it at all any more. Over 6 months. No cyst's or anything. I want children with all my heart & so does my soon to be husband. It's tuff, I love him but I knowhe wants children from OUR blood & genes. I just keep praying & asking God for children despite my condition.

Keep a positive mind & heart women.
heyya do i need to have a period to get pregnant
im going through the same thing... Ive been uprotected sex but my period is irregular, but now ive been nauseous sleepy and my breast been extremely sore
hi i haven't had my periods a long time ago..maybe its 4 months now and , so worried because i had sex with my boyfriend 6 days back ,it was my first time and now i have this negative thinking that i am pregnant,is it possible that i might be pregnant?

i have not gotten my period for 6 months im 19 i already had 2 surgeries took out 2 cyst .. can i easily get pregnant like that ?
i have had sex about 4 times without using a condom, and i hadnt had a period for about 5 months .. apart from haven a bit off blood not like a normal period and getting sore back all the time. and feeling sick and feeling dehighdrated. and also sleeping all the time. is this normal or is there a chance i could be pregnant??
I'm scared have not had a period in years. Does that mean I maybe infertile.
I haven't had a period for 5months they are very irragular I will go months & months without a period! Would like to know that you think about this? I was trying for a baby but due to getting a new job I'm going back on the pill but can't start taking it till i have my period I'm very stressed :(
I did the fertility cleanse which I really liked but I'm still not pregnant so I did some more research and found out I have pcos so now I got to change my whole life style we'll see how it goes.
I have irregular periods some momths ill come on some months I don't back in august I didn't have a period and I am now pregnant there is a possiblilty you can get pregnant and there is no way it works back to my last period that would make my ultrasound date 6 weeks wrong x
Hey I'm 21 years old and don't get my period anymore  I haven't had it for at least a year and a half I have been to the doctors but just said it will come but it still hasnt I'm very worried can some one please help me
im 5 days late i av realli bad cramps but no period wat does this mean?
im 25 5 days late but still av realli bad period pains wat does it mean?
I havent had a period in 5 years...in december I had a really heavy period...i have unprotected sex with my husband because I want kids but I think its impossible... I have pains here and there but cant seem to get pregnant...any comments?
Hi I'm curious..my last period was Dec18-22 I didn't have one January & were already middle of February & still nothing..although my pregnancy test are reading negative but my ovulation are reading positive..can someone help here I'm confused could I really be ovulating if I haven't had a period since December?!?!
I need help please...iam a diabetic  and I have not had a period in 3 years...so my question is can I still get pregnant ? Plz help!
I have been on the injection for 6 years now, and now my fiance and i are trying to get pregnant but nothingi took and ovulation test but it showed negitive.. What do i do to find out when im ovulating? I havent had my period in six years so how do i determine my ovulation cycle? to know when we will be able to concieve (conceive)???
hi ladies, is it normal to get a lil bit of blood in your femine discharge? This is the first time this happened... What does that mean?
Hi ladies, what does it mean if u get a lil bit of blood in your femine discharge?
hi, i am 42 and my period stop on day and that was it . i have a 15 year old son ,but badyly want i more.i started taking quai in a tea form &vitx in a liquid form and iot thats like pine needels and dirt yuck! so how my day be for you saw  that nice bright red blood that i am surcheing fo. wrer youable to get pergo? i check back with you in a few days thank you snakeshow
hi.m 28 years old i never got periods naturaly......m so tens m gona marry ...........m upset that will i b pregnant?
I am 34, I havent seen my period over ten yrs, can I still get pregnant?
im 16 years old and me and my boyfriend are thinking about having a child next year when im 17 but the problem is my periods are irregular and i really want to know can i get pregnant? i also went to my doctors about it and they said sorry cant help you so now i dont know what to do.
Did the dr ever put you on metformin?
My husband && I have been trying to conviece for almost over a year now...i have had many female problems..i had my cervix frozen do to precanerous cells....i went from not having a period at all to having a period every other week && now im back to not having periods at all....i want to find some advice of what i can do or take to help me get pregnant...i love kids && all i want is to be able to conviece && carry my own baby...please give some advice..
I haven't had a period for years and about 5 weeks ago i had unprotected sex with my ex and he came in me. 4 weeks later started getting lumps in my stomach do anyone know what this might be?
Hi Deb,

I wish you the best of luck.  :))

I had a LEEP a few years ago but, thankfully, I already had one child years ago.  I'm sure you know some of the possible risks of a LEEP (and like me, you had no choice)... one of them being Cervical Stenosis.  This happened to me after the procedure which made it impossible to have a normal PAP without having a procedure to dilate my cervix.  It was very painful for me... in fact more painful than labor although literature calls it "gentle dilation".  I am a wimp when it comes to pain.  LOL!  

Another problem the LEEP can cause is "Cervical Incompetetance" which means the cervix is unable to stay closed during a pregnancy. Cervical incompetence can result in miscarriage and pre-term labor. However, a cervical cerclage (means that the cervix is sewn closed for the duration of the pregnancy) can be done to ensure the cervix remains closed during the pregnancy.   On the bright side, only a small percentage of woman who have had a LEEP will require a cerclage in pregnancy.    

I mention this because it's very important that your doctors know about your LEEP (in case you are seeing a different doctor now).  My daughter was recently diagnosed with PCOS so I'm just now learning about that and it scares me that she may not be able to have children (my grandchildren).  Her weight is an issue and she still has to followup with an OB/GYN.  

I know what it's like to want a child and not be able to have one so I really wish you lots of luck.  I also know what it's like to love another person's child as though the child is mine and from the child's point of view I know how to love a parent that isn't biological so if the worst case scenario presents itself... don't give up.  Give it a little time to sink in and consider an alternative.  There are lots of children who need genuinely good parents like I know you would be and they wouldn't care if you gave birth to them or not.  Either way, I wish you the best!  

Tam :))
Hey ToriAmber,

At your age, you never know when your body might be ready to start so I would advise you to either not have sex or if you are going to have sex anyway, BE SURE that you have PROTECTED SEX (at the very minimum use a condom).  

If you can't talk to your mother about this, you might be able to go to the health department to have a physical exam and possibly birth control without your parents' consent (Btw, I'm not encouraging you to go behind your parents' backs... just giving you some facts).  Write down a list of all your questions and concerns and don't be embarrassed about to ask the doctor.  The more information you can get to protect yourself, the better.  

VERY IMPORTANT:  I'd also like to mention that if you've never had sex and you can go to the clinic before you have sex, PLEASE, PLEASE talk to them about the HPV virus and vaccines.  I believe it's only good if you've never had sex and it can protect you in the future (ask the doctor about this) from getting cervical cancer since HPV is a cause of cervical cancer.  It's very important.  It could prevent you from having cervical cancer in the future.  Even young women in their late teens have been diagnosed with cervical cancer which can cause problems with pregnancy later on wheb you are older and want to start a family.  So again, it's very important.

Here is some info about HPV and the many types of it:  http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv-vaccine-young-women.htm

Being educated on STD's could possibly save your life one day.  There are some we can live with and some we can't.  

Bottom line is if you are going to participate in adult activities, be an adult, educate yourself, make good choices, and NEVER let anyone pressure you into something that you are not 100% sure of.  Be 100% sure especially if you are a virgin because that's something you will never get back.  :(     To answer your other question, YES... first time sex will probably hurt a LOT but it also depends on how you prepare for it.

I had nobody to talk to me about these things when I was your age and wish I had made better choices so I hope you don't think I was preaching to you.  I have a daughter and I was very open with her about sex ed. when she was your age and I just want you to take care of yourself first above anything else.  Please be emotionally ready because it is a big step for someone of your age but also a big step for anyone when it's the first time.

Good luck to you.  :)

PS- Btw, please don't interpret my "all caps" as shouting.  :))  :))  It's just that I gave you a lot of detail... probably more than you wanted.  LOL!  :D
I'm nearly 18 and I haven't had a period for months then I came on randomly but every light so I started tracking when I was ment to come on next. The problem is the date I was ment to come on I had sex with someone I was seeing he came in me and ever since I haven't had a period. I will be nearly 8 weeks pregnant if I am. I have taking 3 pregnant test 1 was too early tho. They all came back neg the last 1 I took was when I was about 4 weeks after when I had sex. I've been feeling odd, such *** aching boobs but not sore they also have lumps in them, nipples gone a little darkish but bait veiny. Also been very tired, been dizzy now and again, get headaches sometimes, feels like I'm going to be sick sometimes not very offen tho, Been getting mild cramps in my hips/sides and cramps in the top of my legs, need to go toilet more , heartburn sometime and sometimes a weird taste in my month. I don't understand this could I still be pregnant?
Hey im so confused right now. i am 17 going on to 18...the last time i got my period was in July 2011 and was pregnant in Aug 2011 and had a miscarriage in the same month Aug 2011 haven't got a period since i spotted a little bit in January 2012 but still no period..went to the doctor and told me it was normal...i was tired of always hearing that so i went to another doc. and they but put me on the MEDROXYPROGESTERONE  pill for 10 days the month of April 16 2012 took the first pill and spotted alittle bit...finished up the bill April 26 2012 and didnt get my period at all...waited 6 days and doc put me on the 2 dos of the MEDROXYPROGESTERONE so started takin that pill again May 3 2012, finished taking it April 12 2012 and still no period... I know its only been 3 days but no sign of my period..im worried that i wont get it....PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
How do u know when you are ovulating if you don't get your period?
Well by reading everyones comments I'm still lost.I'm 24 years od. My period use to come on like clock work, but now I have not seen a period in 8mth. I was scared to do to the doctor at first but I got married and been having the baby talk. I had blood test, urine test, 2 different types of hormone test, 3 types of ultra sounds and all other kind of test. Thank God everything came back normal. Doc said that it is fine if I don't have a period but if I want she could put me on the pill. Now I know every things okkay down there my husband and I try to have sex as much as we can to make a baby. Lol its crazy I need help can anybody help me?
Well am really scared!!! Ladies help me out here last month i did not had a pariod it was more like spoting for a day. I was on the shot for 9 months.never had a piriod sence i found out i was pregnant and when my baby was 9 months is when i firts got the shot. I been off of it one month would it be posible to get preggo? sence i I dont have a period?? I  want to be pregnant :-(
So im 20 years old, I had an ovary removed a while ago and i used to have regular pds until my surgery. After my surgery was when my pds started to be here for 2 months and skip one come back for the next 2 months good and skip one... My husband and i really want a baby. So i recently started taking the cuerpo amarillo fuerte shots. I was told to take one every other day until the 6 shots were finished.. I still have not gotten my pd and just waiting for the right time to test. Ill keep you all updated...

P.S my sister was having a hard time trying she tried for over 2 years and that same month she took the cuerpo amarillo shots she got pregnant.. She now has a gorgeous baby girl. SOO lots of baby dust to all of you ladies and good luck!!
Hi ...I haven't got my period for 6 months ..im the  same  I dont no want to say no more or what can I do I want to get pregnant...
HELLO LADIES I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGO MY FIANCE AND I FOR 3 YEARS NOW HAS NOT HAPPEN YET SO I FOUND A WEBSITE DHEALTHSTORE.COM IT HAS HERBS FOR EVERY ISSUE U CAN POSSIBLY HAVE THE WOMEN'S TOTAL BODY CLEANSE HELPS TO REBUILD THE UTERUS AND TOTALLY CLEANSE THE FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE TRACT TO BECOME STRONGER AND AND HELPS WITH INFERTILITY I CANT WAIT TO GET IT GO SEE ABOUT THE WEBSITE U WONT BE DISAPPOINTED
debba i am 22 what did you try to get pregnant any tips i have been dignosed with PCOS for 4 years now and am trying to
i havent had my monthly in years can i still get pregnent
I was on the depo for a little over two yrs from 2010-2012 my last shot was Jan 2012 n still no period n its Sept 2012 my doc said without a period a female still ovulates n on n e bc it can can take 6 months -1 year before u actually become prego
No period for 14 months i am currently having blood tests done and am hopin to get pregnant in the next year or so, all this talk of thirod and cyst is very worrying, has anyone been throught anything like that and still had a family? Am hoping that the pill has just messed up my system a little and things will sort themselves out, always had normal periods till i came off the pill 14months ago.
I would like to ask you guys a question I haven't have a period sence june and I'am iregular too but before june I was starting to be regular know I haven't had my period i've done alot of pregnancy test and it comes positive sometime negative I'am confused then I went to the clinical they did a pee test and It came negative now I dont know what to expect Please help me could I be pregnant or no ...:)
Hi I haven't had a period for two.   Years and I wasn't on birth control or anything I'm 17 and I've been to gp gynaecologist and for two scans and i still don't know what's wrong with me  
I havent had a period for say 5 to 6 mos does that mean i'm not ovelating
While I've had irregular periods every since I've started mine. And my fiance wants 2 have a baby, and I'm scared I MIGHT NOT be able 2 get pregnant! I'm 26 and haven't had my first child yet!
I'm having the same problem I got off the depo birth control shot 3 years ago and was only on it for a year and I went to the doctors and they said everything was normal but for some reason I don't believe them and I have talked to multiple people about and they do too idk what's going on.. Am I still able to get pregnant even tho the doctor said I was
My period has been irregular for the past 8 years. One month on next 5 months off then back on.. the last time my period was on I had real bad cramps n clots of blood n my period also stayd on for 3weeks. Why.? Was this a miscarrage (miscarriage).? and I have been tryn to get pregnant for the past. 5years but still nothing what should I do.?
I haven't had a period since September i have taken a pregnancy and it came back negative should i go to the doctor? Could i be pregnant??
You should see a specialist. You might have entered Early Menopause. I entered it 8 months ago and was put on hormone replacement therapy. It helps a little. I still desire another child though.
I have been ovulating alot but no period am I still able to have children?
Hello All, I've been stalking this board for several hours, reading all the comments. Here's my little story. I started my periods when I was 10, all of a sudden, BOOM there it was.I remember that day like it was my wedding day lol. I was never very regular, it always happened around the same time every month but it was never like clockwork. As I got older it got worse. My Doctors told me I had a "touch" of endometriosis, but it was nothing to worry about when it came time for me to start trying for a baby, just enough to make my time of the month a living hell. Fast forward a few years. I got married when I was 20. So when I was 19 my Mom and I decided that going on birth control would be a good idea, (I did not become sexually active until I was married.) just to regulate out. I was on birth control until last July, so about 2 1/2 years. My sister in law very unexpectedly got pregnant and my husband and I decided we were tired of waiting and wanted to start for our family. I had a regular period in July when I went off the pill. I skipped August and had a regular period in September (my last day "riding the white pony" as my husband calls it, was Labor Day). I took a pregnancy test before Thanksgiving and it was negative and one after Christmas and it was negative. I read on my birth control "disclaimer," if you will, that it can take up to a year to get back on track with your cycles, so naturally i was scared stiff. i thought "great if I'd known that I never would have gotten on the pill." My husband is several years older than I am and he and I both don't want him to be an old man by the time he becomes a father. Many a night I have cried myself to sleep thinking I was broken and that my husband had thrown away his chance to have a family. NOW, however, I'm very encouraged by reading these posts, seeing that you can still ovulate without having a period, reading the true life experiances, and learning the everyday woman signs of ovulation. My Mom and I were shopping for Thanksgiving dinner and I doubled over with a pain in my ovary and my mom instantly recognized it as an ovulation pain. I show the thick mucas that goes along with ovulation. I am taking the Chasteberry Vitex daily and a prenatal vitamin daily and just waiting and hoping. It's been very hard especially since my sister in laws baby was born right before the new year. I assure him every time I see him that it won't be too much longer before I give him a playmate.  To all those like me who are TTC and nothing is happening yet, know that when I ask God for help conceiving myself, I ask him to help you all as well.

May prayers, and as I've seen written on here, "Baby Dust all over all of you!"
Hi! where can i buy Vitex and Quai?

regards
Chooky
My period has never been regular. I'd have it a for a few months then nothing for a few months. When I was in high school, I didn't have it for 13 months. I wasn't sexually active at all. I went on a weeks worth of birth control to regulate my period, and it helped for a few months. It became irregular again after a year- months with and months without. It's been seven years and I'm 23 now and married. My last period started 12/12/12 and ended 12/16/12. I skipped it in January and February. I took a pregnancy test mid-February, mostly to amuse myself and also I was feeling quite nauseous, bloated and puffed up everywhere, and constant nosebleeds. Those symptoms happen before I get my period so i didn't think anything of them. Although, as the weeks progressed the symptoms got worse and I took another pregnancy test. It was positive. I proceeded to take a few more tests just to be sure but they all came out positive. It's been 4 years since I started having sex with my now-husband, never on  birth control. I don't know why or how I can be pregnant because it was looking really hopeless, but it happened and I'm elated. I don't have a clue when I'm due since my periods are irregular but I'm going in for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. Good luck and best wishes to everyone!
Well I don't have a period at all. I was on the Depo shot for 2yrs an I stopped getting it. I went to my doc to see about me not having a period. He said nothing is wrong with me. Did exams test ect. I've had one successful pregnancy way before I had the shot. My first period ever was age 10 lasted till age 13 an haven't had one since I am now 21 an now trying to conceive baby #2
hey i have the same problem i haven't a period for almost a year and i feel like iam pregnant..i was wondering if u was prego??
I am in the exact same boat...got my monthly bill from God at age 10 it was sorta good until bout 12ish and then poof nothing...birth control pills help in the beginning months but then again nothin. So I don't take them, mainly because I do not like the side effects (I am really moody normally but bc pills wowza look out lol)..I am 28 and am talkin marriage with my fiance and children but am afraid of what the docs have planned for me as far as fertility procedures...yikes!!!! I did get pregnant in 2006 made it to 8weeks and then a miscarriage. If what I am writing gives you/someone hope in that YES, it is possible to get prego without having periods then I am happy to give u hope. Even though i didnt go to full term, pregnancy is still possible. When I had the miscarriage the doc said i was under extreme stress which he believed cause the miscarriage (sad to say he was right bout the stress).
   Babyblues13 or anyone reading this if you have a child or children and are/were in a situation like this please write about your blessing. I would sure enjoy reading about hope. I am starting to get worried due to I am a year and a half from 30....another yikes!!!!!! :-)
Im 27 yrs old and I've never had a period without being on birth control.. I went to the bathroom yesterday and my panties had blood in them so I started using a tampon well every time I check the tampon there is barely any blood on it but it looks like fresh red blood! Sorry for being so detailed but I'm concerned... Is it possible I could b pregnant or does anyone have any idea what could b wrong?
Ive also been extremely nauseous for a few months now.. Can't hardly eat and stomach feels really weird at certain times.
I have always wanted a child, but have mental issues and a lot of stress and have not had a period in 4 years, and they were never normal when I did. My husband has a vasectomy, but years ago he had one and still got someone pregnant and had a daughter. Do you think there are any chances that I could get pregnant? Hopeful.
I have PCOS and have not had a period in 13 years am 27 now. I would really live to have a child but every time iv mentioned it to any doc they all say ohh not having a period is safe and you can still get pregnant.  How ever I have been trying for 4years now (with my husband) and never get a positive result. Its heart breaking..
I had my son a year ago and I only got my period once after he was born. Is something wrong
Will I am 22 and I haven't had a period in 5 months and now I am 6 weeks pregnant with my second child and I was on the pills for 1 month...so yes you can get pregnant
I'm an lesbian me and my wife is thinking about having a baby but I was on the birth control shot n I don't have an period can I have a baby?
Viewing 201-369 comments: