can you get pregnant if you haven't had a period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hello ladies! i have posted here before and just as an update it has been almost 4 months now since i stopped taking BC pills and still no period! Does that mean i won't be able to get pregnant since i am not ovulating? A few weeks ago i was getting really bad cramps but no period, what does that mean? I want to be pregnant but with no period yet i don't know if its possible?? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
Viewing 1-200 comments:
You need to see your doctor and figure out what's going on.  It shouldn't take this long to get your periods back.
I went to the doctor she said after stopping BC pills it could take this long she told me to wait about another month!! And that they usually don't start checking things out until i haven't gotten one for 6 months!
well I'll give u my thoughts on this I think there is a possibility u can still get pregnant because Drs say that u r most fertile after coming off birth control so if u have been having sex and haven't had period yet I'd do a test maybe u r pregnant good luck to u if this is what u want keep me informed I'm very curious to know
I'm going to disagree with your doc.  Perhaps occasionally it might take that long, but not often.  It may take a few months to get regular periods back, but not to have completely stopped.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/amenorrhea.jsp

Note under "Secondary Amenorrhea" that it says your period should start within a month or two of discontinuing the pill, but OCCASIONALLY it may take up to a year.  

How old are you?  If you are in your 30's, I wouldn't waste a lot of time getting this investigated.
I meant to say you shouldn't waste a lot of time before getting this investigated.
since i always been irreguar i think that you should tell them to give you an ultrasound and look at your ovaries, in my case i had an ovarian cyst, which was causing the irreguar periods for me.i think 6 months is too long to wait and see, did you check if you were preganant?
1.)  In direct answer to the question... Yes, you can get pregnant without periods, I have a 14 and 9 year old to prove it.  Both were suprises and I was about 3-5 months pregnant when I found out.

2.)  6 months to figure out why you haven't had a period is far too long.  I went 16 months without a period and my doctor freaked out when she found out (I recently changed doctors).  Cysts can make you irregular, as can thyroid conditions.  I'm sure there are other reasons.  I know that when it would go for extended periods of time, I would take test after test after test and they would always be negative...... just got my first positive result in about 3-4 years yesterday, and confirmed with blood test.

Good Luck and you have my thoughts.
i have to agree a little bit with everyone, myself i am almost 22 and am expecting my second child. i've had irregular periods since i first started getting periods. i would go well over 6 months without periods, but i never got diagnosed with a cyst, thyroid problems or anything of the sort. but i promise it is very likely that you could be pregnant...that's what happened to me. good luck and congrats if so!!
I agree with waitingonbaby#2 I have never been regular and never taken birth control, but I have a 12 yr old and I was pregnant with a little girl, but God needed her more. So i think you can get prego without having your period, I would go months without one and well, I was preggo 2 times. I am 34 yrs old!
Yes absolutly I basically do not have periods except for right after having my children. I have a 10 year old and a 15 month old and I am 30 weeks pregnant now with really no previous periods. It is defanitly possible hang in there.
i have a 10 yr old , after i had him i went on the depo shot for 3 months and had to stop it because it made me so  sick but it also took usalmost 6 months to concieve (conceive) our son, so no 10 years later no other children and  not from lack of trying... i went from not having a period for months and months and months to bleeding for months and months and  i went to many different drs and even to the er a few times and they kept telling me it was a just a heavy period i finally callaped due to the fact my iron was so drastically low yet no one could explain for almost 3 years as to why finally a dr said oh you have cysts we have to do a complete hystorectomy i was 26, got a 2nd opion they said no way because of my age  this went on for almost 6 years  then last year my periods went back to normal and in july they stopped again hada test donw came back neg still no period did a 2nd preg test  a month ago  neg again now still no period and yet they were like cloack work for almost a year  so now i have heart burn every night at 5 pm my finger nails are long, which i  have never ever had heart burn except when i was pregnant and the same with my nails they never grow except when i was pregnant so i will be  going for a 3rd test  and i was wondering the same thing if your not getting a period  but having unprotective sex can you still get pregnant ?  please conact me

confused mom in wny
rachel_schreiner***@****
The last time I had a period was july 6 .so its been almost 5 months without a period and i took like 10 or more test they all neg. So i dont know what wrong im going to the dr. friday to see whats wrong . If u have any throughts let me know.
I can see your concern for not having a period yet, but it is normal to not have one yet this soon.  I would wait it out and see another month or so.  It is possible to get preggo with no cycle, but probably more than likely not either.  Maybe go see your doctor if there is no period or pregnancy soon.  Good luck and take care...
i've been off the pill for almost 5 months, had regular periods since then. just recently i've been told i have a small ovarian cyst. I'm now 10 days late, took a test about 3or 4 days ago and it was negative, talked to my doctor and he says my cyst shouldn't affect my cycle. I'm tryin to conceive but have no clue when to really "try" because my periods non exhitant. Can i get pregenant now or do i have to wait till my periods return? any input would be great!
Are you really underweight?  That can cause you body to not have a period.  Your body requires a certain percentage of fat in order for you to menstruate.  Or if you are under a lot of stress.

When I was going thru a divorce I lost a lost of weight quickly and didn't have period for 6 months and wasn't preg.
I haven't got my period since July 2007.  I had the pelvic ultrasound and everything is ok. They said that you'll know when you're ovulating because of the thick mucus that comes out of your vagina. I haven't seen any thick or unusual mucus. I am 30 and healthy. I gained about 20-30lbs in the last two years from work/school stress, but it's so hard to lose it. I know my weight has a lot to do with it, but what are my alternatives. Can a fertility doctor really give you something to get pregnant? Can anyone answer that for me?
Well i have not had a period in about a year in a half, i have been to doctors, i had a pelvic exam everything was ok, there is nothing wrong with me. but my period comes on when it wants too. i am trying to have a baby, will i be able to if does not come on,   just like the doctor say u will know when u are oavulating because of the thick mucus that comes out i have that all the time but sill no pegnancy. what should i do
hi ...
ya my first is 11 months an i havent got a period in bout that long...an just with in last months stopped nirsing but like couple times couldnt get preg....now not nursinf except like 1 every few weeks maybe at least....want a baby trying.....an have sex like every night maybe 2 times a day an took test after test after test an still havent seen a positive......an last march an april ive had mucusy stuff each month one time with a tint of blood next it was like a light period....gay...

so idk ...write me if any one has any advise or anything to help...

teryn*
hi all i was haveing truble geting pregnate i have one tube open and one closed i do have two kids now one is 13 and the other is 15 but any ways i an now pregnate i have been takeing some natural herbal pills called FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE PILLS you can find them in a health store if you want a baby try them i been on them for 3 munts now and it worked for me you can serch for FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE pills on the net and read about it and good luck to all that is trying to have a baby i know its fustrating
i havent had a period now in 6months and im trying to concieve (conceive) im so scared theyre gonna tell me im infetile or something else im 23 and need advice help please xx
I was on BC for almost 10 years and I went off BC in DEC 2007 because my husband and I decided we would start to try for a baby, I had my period like usually do at the end of the pack. I didn't have one in Jan 2008, but I figured it was because I had just come off the pill. I got my period in Feb so I figured there was no problem. I skipped my period in March and thought maybe I was pregnant, but took 2 tests and both were neg so I figured maybe I skipped it. In April- nothing, took 4 tests all neg and now it's May, still nothing I thought maybe I was preggo, but again I took 6 more tests all negative. I had been tracking my BBT, but I can't seem to find a pattern so I'm having sex all the time just to cover my bases, but today I can't seem to concentrate. All I keep thinking is that I'm broken and can't be fixed. I scheduled an appointment with my doc, but they can't see me until the 19th and I think I'll go crazy until then! :( I'm only 26, I didn't think there would be any problem. I tried so long not to get pregnant and now that I want to it isn't happening. I'm healthy, I exercise regularly, I eat a good diet, I'm taking a prenatal vitamin, I don't know what to do from now until I see my doc and I feel like there is no one to talk to! :(
You're young and healthy, see what the doc says. A lot of people stress so much about trying to get pregnant that maybe it hinders the whole process. Make sure you're following all the rules a pregnant woman has to follow and I'll keep you in my prayers, keep us updated.
Thank you so much for your kind words! You know how someone just says something nice to oyu and it brings you to tears? Well this did it, but I really do appreciate the reassuring words. I feel like I'm defective.
How was your check-up? Is everything okay?

Here's my own story... I've been ttc for the past 1.5 years, never been on birth control but till now there's no luck. About a month back, hubby and I went to see the doctor, and to track my growth, i have to go back every 4 days to see the doctor, besides my boss is unhappy, we have also spend a bomb on consulation and scan.

I'm about 33-35 days cycle, and it is my 28th day today, and I'm not ovulating. Am very sad, also feel defected, very stressful cos hubby went for a sperm count and shows he has got excellent results. So.. the problem lies with me... I'm 30 this year and family + in-laws has been asking.. hubby and me also wanted a baby badly... but... docot say my eggs are just not growing and doesn't mature.... tomorrow is day 29th... if i'm not ovluating, how can i get pregnant? Stress, feel like crying... but i don't dare to tell anyone... am very sad yet cannot show... I feel like the same as you, like i'm broken and cannot be fixed...
i am 17teen years old i was on bc but i stopped and never seen a period yet is there a posibility that i can be preggo
hey everyone i'm new to this board so i just wanted to see what everyone else would say.....well i'm 20 year's old and i haven't had my peirod in FOREVER!!!.....i'm just as everyone else i'm IRREGULAR.....me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex and he came in me and all...like 7 times already the first time i was excited because i thought there might be a chance i'm pregnant but i took a test like 5 days after and it said negative...i told my doctor...and she said i might have took it to early....so i waited and so me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex AGAIN haha..and well, i WAITED like 2 weeks...and the test still said NEGATIVE??....i've been feeling lightheaded, tired, hungry then usual, moody AT TIMES and i threw up a little......when i press on my stomach is feels hard...but maybe it's just my mind????

any ideas??? is there a chance with out a peirod?....

so.....then last night, i went out to a dance and i went to the bathroom an i was bleeding a little......so WEIRD....but today i'm not?!?!...wtf....seriously lol....help!! someone....any one...
hi im 24 i have a 2 year old son whom i got regnant with when irregularly taking the micrgynon pill (i was very forgetful) i started taking the pill 2 years ago but 3 months ago i came off it completely as we r hoping to have another baby i have had 1 proper period now nothing my period is 5 weeks late and pregnancy yests show up negative??? any answrs????
I hope this comment finds you well.  My husband have been trying for the past year, but I have not had a period in over a year without the help of medication.  My doc has me on an estrogen/progestrone cycle...which still has not jumpstarted my periods  naturally.  My doc tells me that we still can have a baby (but no luck yet), but I too feel broken.  I am a personal trainer, so I exercise daily, follow a very clean diet of organic and farm fresh foods, take organic prenatals, and even increased my bodyfat levels, decreased my running...still nothing.  My doc is recommending cloymed (spellings wrong), to jumpstart ovulation (after my periods come.  I am 28 and 1 month ago, I thought I was for two weeks.  I showed some classic signs, but 2 tests later I was negative and very depressed.  

My friend's sister was in a similar situation and went on cloymed (spelling's wrong), and after 2 rounds is now pregnant.  Maybe discuss that with your doc.  Good luck and my prayers are with you.
i have not had a period in 11 months. went to the doctors and they say everything is fine i have been trying to have a baby and i am still not pregnant.the doctor told me that i should get a cat scan to see what wrong but my insurance dont kick in until october. he did a ultrasound and said that the lineing of my uterus is really thick and that why i get cramps. but there nothing else that he see's. when i was 15 i had a cyst on my ovaries but they dont see this now. my mother has thyroid problems and problems with her iron. what should i do. i have took severl test and still nothing. please help
Hey I am in the same boat almost...I had my daughter in Dec 2007.. and only had 2 period since then... I had a period in April  28 2008 and then nothing  so I went to my ob/gyn and she provided me with Provera 7 days 10 mg and I started my period on Aug 6 2008 and now nothing so I am soo depressed because I`m also trying to get preggo again and be trying since May 2008. !! I took a test on  Sep6th but NEG so  Im not sure to test again ro what because my period hasnt came or just not going to come again like before.. soo hang in there hopefully you weill get ur miracle.. BABY DUST TO YOU!!!!!
I'm with all of you too! I'm going to my doctors soon to find out what's going on with me because I haven't had my peirod since the beginning of the month & then it stop! =/ Me & My Fiance have been trying!! & nothing!! I took a test at the end of August & It came up NEG too! Soooo, I have no idea! But, We are going to try again and see what happends and and if nothing then I'm going to my doctor! I'm pretty sure nothing's wrong with me. But, Maybe it's not time for a baby, But Hopefully SOON. The best thing is to not try and just let GOD do his work.

Baby Dust To ALL OF YOU!!!...GOOD LUCK!!! as well.....If something happends.....I'll let all of you know as well...
I mean I haven't had it since the BEGINNING OF THE YEAR.
I have the same issue.......I went off of birth control pills January 08 & got pregnant in March of 08. I had a natural miscarriage at 6 weeks. I bled lightly on & off for weeks. June 1st is the last time I bled. I have not had a period since the miscarriage. My OB thinks I am normal & doesn’t want to do anything until December 08. So I have not had a period for 3 months! I want to conceive again now. I am 27 years old & I have a 7 year old son. I have no health issues what so ever. My OB also told me I can ovulate without having a period but strongly recommends I wait till I have 2 normal periods before I try again. I am not pregnant because I have taken many tests. I am frustrated and don't know what to think. I have cramps all the time, but no period! Does anyone have advise?
I am having the same problem. I got my first period when I was 13, I am now 25 and suddenly like 3 years ago I stopped getting my period. I've always been irregular, but had my period every other month or so. Now I simply don't get it at all. My Doc has me on Provera and told me to take it either every month or every 3 months as long as I don't go more than 3 months without a period.  If I don't take my Provera, I don't get my period, will I be able to get pregnant in the future?
Just wanted to let you know I am about 5 or 6 weeks pregnant! So you can get pregnant without a period! ovulation happened without it! My miscarriage was in April and I never had a period after that. So stay positive ladies ANYTHING is possible!
we are trying....but my periods are irregular......every pregnancy test i take is negative......i keep hoping  they are positive.....any pointers?
Hey im new to this but i was searching on google and stumbled on this you all seem very nice unlike on the yahoo question place..were when ya post things they are rude:(
But anyways Im 24 and am wanting to get pregnant my boyfriend and I have been together for almost three years and dont use protection...but have never gotten pregnant. about a year and half ago I stopped getting my period, I have been to the doctor a few times all i got from there was that i had H-pylori which the doctor said was a minor disease not transmittable or wouldnt effect having children in the future as for the no periods she sent me for further testing ...im not sure what it was..but i do remember i had to swallow some chalky liquid while the doc did his xrays ..Kat scan? Anyways they said they would get ahold of me with the results but never have and that was about 9 months ago (and trust me i have called lots) So i guess my main thing is since they wont give me the info im trying to seek it else where. Not having my period im wondering if i will be able to get pregnant with no period and honestly i know ya have sex to get pregnant lol  but is there important extra steps? seems everyone else i know looks at each other and gets pregnant :P
hi everyone, i am 20 years old and i will be married for 1 year in october... my whole life my period has been irregular and i havent been to the doctor yet because we are waiting for our second level benefits. Anyway, i would go 5 months at at time with no period then i would get it for 9-10 days pretty heavy then it would go away and not come back for months, i got a 3 mo sample birth control at my college and while on that i was regular but once it was up i started becoming irregular again. well its been a little over a year and i havent gotten it so im really hoping to go to the doctor soon....any advice? my husband and i have had unprotected sex for over a year(pull out method) and im not pregnant or anything... i am somewhat over weight after HS i gained about 25-30 lbs-- i have been extremely stressed with bills and finances so maybe that can be a part of this... my mom was kind of the same way when she was younger but not this bad.... and my sex  drive has totatlly gone down hill could this be an effect of never getting my period? also am i more likely to get pregnant without getting my period or will they tell me that i might not be able to reproduce?

answers will be greatly appreciated ... thank you!
hey, i am 23yrs old and havent had a period since june, i am getting married in dec and am trying to get preg, ive taken 3 test all neg and went to the doctor today and the test there was neg, my last pap was in march and it was ok, i also had an ultra sound, reg and vaginal, and both were ok, no cysit or anything like that, ive been having pains like cramps but no period, is it possilble to get preg with no period? my bf and i have reg sex , im very worried that i cant get perg, i also feel broken, any advice???
I TRIED FOR 9 YR WITH IRREGULAR. MET MY HUSBAND  3YRS AGO GOT PREGNANT WITHOUT PERIOD AFTER 5 MONTHS NOW HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. DR'S ALL TOLD ME I HAD A 40% CHANCE OF CONCEIVING. PLEASE GET SECOND OPINIONS THEY WANTED ME TO GET A HYSTERECTOMY BECAUSE OF EXCESSIVE BLEEDING AND DNC'S. IM HEALTHY,SHE IS AND I WAS MISDIAGNOSED.GOODLUCK LADIES YOUR TIME WILL COME.
I am 22-yrs-old and haven't had a period in three months. I talked to the doctor about it and she started me on provera.  You take this pill for seven days and it is suppose to jump start your period.  I have been off of it for three days and nothing yet.  My husband and I want to start having children soon and I am really really scared something is wrong with me.  I never thought I would want a period to come so badly. Does anyone want to share their experiences about Provera? Did it work for them? If so did they get pregnant after taking it? Thanks for any suggestions.
hello and yes provera works after taking it for 10 days straight as instructed by my M.D I had my period a week later. she told me to take it every other month so I take it for ten days...seven days pass....then period for about 7-10 days. it works. I'm not ready to have any kids right now Lord forbid but I would like to in the future, I want to prepare my body right now so that when I get married I can concieve (conceive). well best of luck to you all God bless.

Sophie.
I just turned 25 a few weeks ago and also just became sexually active. I haven't had a period in 2 years I also went to the doctor and she can't find anything wrong. Weight could be a factor but there r woman out here 3 times bigger than me that have babies and get periods. I got my first period at 9yrs old and it's always been irregular could that be a factor please respond.
hello everyone I do not have know period I mean I do but never know when can I still get pregnant please tell your thoughts I want a baby so so so bad hanks alot  my name is kristen
I am 28 years old with 10 year old twin girls which I got pregnant with on birth control and I also have a 4 year old daughter which I got pregnant without having a period for 18 months. And now I just found out I am pregnant and haven't had my period since March 2008. I am not sure how far along I am but I know it's not 9 months..LOL
So I am living proof you can get pregnant without getting a period. My doctor explained to me both times I got pregnant without getting a period I was just about to get a period but I got pregnant instead. So there is hope.
im 23 years old i have not had a period in almost 2 years the doc said that it would b hard for me to get pregnant....but here lately i have been feelin weird and i take pregnancy test and all came bak negitive..i have NO kid but would like to have one....if ne one has ne advice or ne thing for me please fill free to e-mail me ***@**** would really like to no if i can have kids if i am not have a period and if i am still ovulating even if i havnt had a period...PLEASE some one help me
i have done lots of research on not having a period.......
   1- coming off bc can make your period irregular for up to almost a year in some cases
   2- the medicine that should "kick start your period" is just a medicine to help you shed the lining of you uterus. that usually happens 7-10 days after finishing the pills. sheding your uterus lining is a very good sign.
   3- blood test should be taken within the first three days of your "period" ( from the provera). this will determine if your thyroid, hormones or iron is all on track.
   4- there is a herb called chasteberry (vitex), it is a herb that helps to regulate your pliturity(sp?) gland. which comunicates with your body to help you ovulate. it can be found at mothers market in tea or pill form. it has been used for centuries in europe to help with irregular period, pms, pcos, and menopause.

i have been doing a lot of internet search because i to am hoping to get pregnant. i have been through all the appropriate steps to try to regulate my period after coming of bc in june 2008. i had one in july and then none since, not even pregnant. i had a little brown spotting in december for 4days and am now taking chasteberry tea before trying clomid. (chasteberry is not to be taken with clomid, and can take up to 3 months to work) i'm very hopeful, and try to stay positive, with lots of prayer. my husband and i are praying for all of you.

*babynerd*
Can I get pregnant without having a period for a year
i am 48 years and i have 6 kids 31years 24years 16years 14 years.and 10year old twins.everyone is due for another birthday this year. i have not had a period since october 2005 and i would love to become pregnant one more time.,what are my chances? and what should i do to make it happen i wanted to know if  was still fertile and if i can still have anymore children
hey i haven't had my period for 6 months and i haven't been to any doctors but i play sports alot. And im still a virgen!!
what do yall think!?!
i am new to this, but ok.so i had a miscarriage on jan. 10.08 and still no period. married. 21 years old. no other kids.i have been having unprotected sex, wanting to conceive. i dont know if and when im ovulating. can i still be preg?!..no period?....on feb 14.08 i bled like 2 spots....while having sex. but after that nothing. and still no period. tested back in feb. and test was neg.!! i dont have ins. what shoudl i do!?any advice?
Hey Everyone! This may take a minute or two so please bare with me....  I need a lil advice. My husband & I have been tryin for a baby for months! I'm 20 (about to turn 21) & my husband just turned 22. My whole life I have had irregular periods & in the last year & a half I've had to be on birth control to even have a period. Yikes! I believe I may have conceived in Jan of this year & have been playin it safe by eating healthy, exercising regularly, not drinking ANY alcohol, & taking prenatals. Back in Feb I took about 5 tests, all NEG! And just the other day I went to the docs and got a urine test, also NEG! She thinks I may have somethin wrong with my thyroid. I've had so many of the symptoms of pregnancy......Sore back, cramps in left ovary in Jan-Feb, Hungry all the time, frequent urination, bigger breasts and nipples, montgomery glands are showing, extreme moodiness, hot flashes, occasional headaches, excessive gas :s, thick sometimes dried mucous in panties almost daily, major bloating, sore hips & joints, the tips of my nipples are a whiteish pink & the little bit of skin right around that is dark but not the whole aereola, and since about two weeks ago, I swear I have started feeling little movement in my lower abdomen....definately not gas bubbles, I can feel the difference. I go back to the docs tomorrow for a pap and blood tests. I'm so scared they are gonna tell me I'm infertile! I want nothing more than to have children and I've been worrying myself sick about it! Please does anyone have any advice for me? Could I be pregnant? Thank you all so much for listening to me. I really appreciate it!

God Bless all of you and Baby Dust to All!!
Somebody plz help me im 20 years old and have been ttc for the past year. But i dont have a period been to the doctor numerous times tested for PCOS and had all my hormone levels had ultrasounds done inside and out she tells me its normal what do i do.  I try to eat right and im taking prenatal vitamins. somebody plz help
I'm 23 been married for almost a year and 7 months. we dated for two years before that.when we were dating we always used protection.and the day we got married that changed for a year and seven months with no protection and sex at least once a day i am not pregnant.
I have always had weird periods 2 weeks in a row ill get one back to back then after that i wont get them for like 3-4 months then i get one again. I want to have a baby more then anything in the world. Can i still get pregnant even if i dont have a period every month or every few months for that matter.

Please someone email me at ***@****

Thank you all
I am 21. Haven't had a period since February and it was not normal only 2 days spotting. My chest size has grown from a size 36 b to a 38 C. I've gained weight in my stomach too. like rounding out.  I've taken home preg tests, and two came back positive out of like 30 tests. I'm trying to get pregnant, and worried that if i'm not pregnant now. That something could be wrong. I have no health insurance and no one will see me with out insurance. And i can't get on medicaid until i prove i am pregnant. Which is what i'm trying to figure out. any advice?
you have no insurance...i dont think ttc is the best thing because your going to need insurance to see a doctor througout your pregnancy as well as your child will need it....and i know you said "i cant get on Medicaid until i prove im pregnant" i havent really heard of that.

"Who Qualifies for Medicaid?

Recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), automatically receive Medicaid. Individuals who receive Old Age Pension (OAP) are eligible for the Old Age Pension Health and Medical Fund. OAP recipients also receive Medicaid if they receive SSI. Individuals can also apply when they or a loved one need intensive in-home or nursing home care. "

BUT you have gotten at least 1 postive hpt. you need to find a clinic and get a blood test
Hi everyone. Iv just joined this website as i too dont have many periods roughly one every 3months. im so scared i cant get pregnant. I am 22. Last year me and my then boyfriend tried for a baby without any success, just wondering if those with irregular periods planned babies or did it just happen?
I have had all the test about 1 and half ago and everything was apparently normal. I dont really have any advise for anyone as im totally in the dark, but if u have really irregular periods you must see a doctor to rule things out.
Any advice grately appreciated
Thank you
Hi ladies im new to this site i came off my pill 8-6-09 i was havin a period that same week so decided it was silly to start a new pack of pills as me and my husband had decided we wanted to try for a baby ive been on cerazette for 2 years and dyanite (not sure spelt right) for 6 years b4 that! Since i came off pill ive not had another period but i have sore breasts tummy cramps feel bit sick done test but was neg im not sure what to think if its signs of coming off pill or what can any one give me advise as im desperate to b a mummy as im sure u all r its such a pain when u want something so bad and it just dont happen straight away
HI I AM A 41 YEAR OLD AND HAVE NOT HAD MY PERIOD IN OVER A FEW YEARS DOC SAID I WAS FINE BUT LATEY I HAVE HAD
SOME WEIGHT GAIN AND VERY MOOD WHAT DO U THINK

FROM LITTLEC
She can indeed get on the States insurance which is equilivant to Medicaid. Some call it Medicaid...others call it other names like MEDICARE or Medi-i-CAL. Still the same thing. There are also ADDITONAL programs that will pay for her WHOLE birth as well. So if she does go to the family planning when she gives birth then her birth bill will be paid for....and then her child AND her will qualify for state insurance if they dont have any.

My girlfriend had insurance but the birth wasnt covered so she found a program that helped them by paying for her birth bill when she was pregnant with her first child...Now 9 years later..same guy they have 3 kids and bought their first house last year. He was 15 and she was  19 (yeah, i know..crazy) but they are more in love then ever and doing very well.

For the first two they also had help with childcare. The state paid for their childcare until they were able too...which after 4 years they were fine.

So I wouldnt be so judgmental. Sometimes a baby can bring more strength and happiness to someone....and judging someone as to whether or not they should be able to have children based on insurance is mean...I hate the way americans think...even though I am one. But I have lived outside the country and no one complains if someone doesnt have the "standard insurance" and stuff. Nor does anyone ever JUDGE or look down on a person do to the TYPE of insurance they have.

We must get over this. We are all humans. We are not listed a grade of human by our insurance type.
i was in no way being judgemental of the type of insurance she has.  i was saying that she should try and hold off trying to conceive until she actually HAS insurance. she said she doesnt have insurance. i said that to benifit her. its completely up to her if she wants to go through a pregnancy, labor, and raise a child (at least for a little bit) with no insurance. i mean if she has the money for all of that then great go for it. but i think it would be a LITTLE on the expensive side

so no i wanst being judgmental on her insurance. she doesnt have any insurance anyways. but i was saying she should try and wait till she actually has insurance because if she does become pregnant..the doctors vists and hospital cost will really really really add up without insurance.

so they are two  totally different things
I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome back in 2000, I was 24 years old. I've been irregular since the day I first started my menstrual. I got it and would get it every 3 - 6 months. But the doctors always thought it was because I was a physically active teenager, playing sports. I've had ovarian cancer and ovarian cyst throughout my life. Never thought I would get pregnant. I was on birth control to keep me regular. One month I accidentally forgot to take several pills, so I decided to wait until I started my period and get back on track. Only I never got my period. I was having real bad pains in my bottom. Went to the ER they took a prego test and it came out negative. I was told I have a spastic colon and I was told to go to the DR the following day, they thought I had endometriosis. I made an appointment the next day and I couldn't be seen until 2 weeks later. First thing they did was give me a prego test and guess what? I was pregnant. I had my baby and am now trying for baby number two. I think you can get pregnant having irregular periods. It may be harder, but I believe it will happen if it’s meant to happen.
Good luck to all the ladies trying and don't lose hope.
Hi, I'm 35 years old and have never had a period in my life.  I was told by Doctors several years ago that my uterus was very small and that I could not have children. I was not too worried about it then but since have found someone that I love very much and would like to give him children, so I want to research the possibilities as much as possible before I give up.  I was also told that you are born with all the eggs you will have, that they are not produced.   Any information would be helpful.  Thanks!
if it helps I never have my period it comes when it feel likes and thats not very often. and I have two kids.
i have been on different kinds of birth control since i was 13 and recently quite 5 months ago. since then i still havnt had a period and am not pregnet... but i want to be.. im scared that because of all the birth control i cant have a baby..i dont have insurance for a doctor and cant afford it so i was seeing if anyone else nas the same problem at some time
hello to all like every one here i have problems with me period, im over weight and i been trying to get pregnant but my problem is i did get me period at the age of 8 it was normal for a year. then  it stopped  the only way i get my period if i take bc  other then that i never get my period ..... my question is can i get pregnant  i want to have a family and im 29years old please help me. right now im taking provera can that help me or hurt me
hi everyone im about to turn 25 and my husband and i have been ttc for about two years. after ending birth control i had no period for ten months i waited that long to go to the dr due to not having insurance when i finally did go i was diagnosed w pcos it was pretty heartbreaking when i actually found out what that meant no thanx to the dr. since then i have been on emotional rollercoaster. it seems as though dr.'s are not interested in helping you unless you have health ins. every appt . she was like did u get ins yet...theres not much we can do without ins. i had to practically beg for every test i had not to mention pay out of pocket then when my husbands sperm was tested we found out the motility was low another heartbreaker. the only thing the dr. wanted to do for me was put me back on birth control of course i said no so she put me on progesterone stating that this probably wont work but u can try it. well i did get my period but only while taking it. finally i started doing some homework and found out that herbs and accupuncture can be 80-90 percent succdessfull treating pcos i have been taking pcos herbs for a month and actually ovulated i think for the first time ever  i have lost 16 lbs w herbs and radical diet change my husband is also on perscribed herbs and we are both doing better and headed in the right direction still cant help feeling a depressed it really sux to feel like u are broken and u can not do the one thing women were meant to do when all of your friends around you are getting accidentally knocked up. if anyone took the time to read this i would really love a response or to hear about anyone going through the same thing.
I am 39 my wife is 34. We each have 1 child from previous marriages. She was on the pill up until 2 years ago when we decided to have one together. Or rather she decided to give in to my pleading. In any event she didnt have her first post-BC period until this summer...about 20 months. and it was very heavy for 2 days and then stopped.

She refuses to go to the dr and says its because we arent doing it often enough or at the right time. She has also veildly blamed me but i have been to a urologist and my swimmers are good.

Whats a guy to do?
ive been of the pill for 1year and 3months! still havent had a period, its really frustrating because me and my partner are tying for a baby.

any help and advice plz. xxx
I know your pain i am in the same boat!!! i am going to the dr. asap but one question does anyone know if a guy cums in you almost everytime if that puts off your period?
Hello ladies

I am 39 years old, always had irregular periods (doc said there is nothing wrong with me), been married for 15 years, but been with the hubby for 19 years and never had protected sex in those 19 years; so I always thought I just couldn't get pregnant,

Or so I thought

I got pregnant in Aug of 2009, unfortunately I lost the baby on Oct 13th, 2009

So just got my regular period the other day after the MC and D&C and we will surely be trying again as soon as we can

IT CAN HAPPEN!!!  Keep the faith ladies

as everyone else says and does.. BLOWS BABY DUST all over
I am 33 yrs old and my husband and I have a 4 year old.  I came of the pill in April 09 and only had periods up until July.  we are trying for # 2 but OPK's are very expensive and hard to tell when to start using because i don't have reg periods.  I took it upon myself to go see my doctor last week and was sent for bloodwork and an ultrasound next week.  Hopefully all goes well and its just a timing thing.  She is recommending I go see my Gyn and they might give me a lil somethin to make me ovulate :)   My doctor assured me you can get preggo if you don't get your period!!!! She said to have sex every other day or every 2 days so you don't miss ovulation!!  i'll let oyu all know how it goes
I have recently found out i was pregnent and im doing some looking around on the internet and i seen the question above. Yes you can get pregnant with no period I got pregnent with my daughter last year and since november 13, 2008 to now i have not had a period. IM NOW PREGNENT!!! please remember this you dont need a period to become pregnent you can still get pregnent on the pill and with a condom. Im a walking example
hi to all, this is my first time ever doing this. i have only one tube and my period only comes once every three to seven months, but in the last week of november i spotted for one day only could that mean that i am pregnant?
I have not had a period since July of this year and I have spent alot of $$$ on OPK's with no luck of becoming preggo.  I have just purchased my clearblue monitor so we'll see how that goes.  I have my ultrasound this week to make sure everything is how its "supposed" to be.  Im hoping the monitor will help me out but with no period hard to tell when you ovulate!!!  Its funny how my hubby used to want sex all the time and I was uninterested  because of a lil one running around but now that im making him do it everyother day - im getting the  "im tired", not tonight, etc... lol  
i haven't had my period in 6 months. my boyfriend and i have been trying to have a baby for about a year. everytime i thought i was experiencing it, i got let down by all of the negative pregnancy tests. he ejaculates in me a few times a month. lately, i've been feeling different. i smell random scents,, really bad period cramps every other day,, my breasts are sore,, i throw up when i'm smoking,, i'm exhausted and i've been getting up in the middle of the night just to use the restroom. could my period be coming or,, do you think that maybe this time.. i conceived? i've never been on the pill or anything like that,, what do you think it is?
i dont get my period  unless on meds but i have been doin ovulation tests every morning and i think i ovulated my husband and i had sex but what i want to know is how soon after intercourse can i do a pregnancy test as i will not have a missed period?
earlypregnancytests.com is a great site for cheap opks and they always have great specials and deals buy the test strip format its a much better deal the only difference is u pee in a cup then dip the stick in rather than peeing straight onto the stick. hope this info was a lil helpfull
The test strips are too hard to read...  I have tried them. I used the clearblue digital and takes the guessing out of it - they're just expensive.  With the money I spent on those I should have just bought the Monitor instead.  So hopefully soon.
i was on the depo shot for a little over two years and it stopped my periods all together... I have not had one in over three years... But i have recently had sex for the first time since getting on the shot and i appear to be pregnant. I have had four home pregnancy tests that have came back positive... but when i went to the doctors i got a negitive blood test... however i did it only days after haveing sex for the second time since then.. i was scared that i was from the first time... but according to the doctors i wasnt...  i havent made an appointment to go back yet but i am having every symptom in the book and i have been for almost two months... but it has only been a month from the second time we did it... i have learned that it is possible to fail a doctors blood test because of a)the level that the doctors say in their own opinion is postive meaning ur hcg is lower than they want... or u r not producing enough, or u tested to early (at least seven day after conception).... but it is possible to continue to fail tests pee and blood alike and still be pregnant and have a healthy baby... i seen it on tlc one day recently... i hope i have helped all and will let u know if i find anymore out on me... by the way i am only 19 years old...

Christmas eve baby
Everybody is different when it comes to "the right time to take HPT" I have very irregular periods when I'm not on the pill, but I've been on for the last four years and it keeps me very regular. I went off the pill in August then had my period pretty exact in September then when I missed my period in October I took a home pregnancy test the day first day of my missed period and it said negative. Then, six days later before we were going to a party I decided to double check right before and it was possitive! I took like 4 that day (clear blue and first response) They were all possitive. Some people can take the HPT a week before their missed period and it can tell, others could be a week after your misses. I would wait three to four weeks after you think you may have conceived just to be safe. Good luck
if the month is o most done and my period havent come can thAN mean i can be pregnat please some one answer me
I was told that I have low estrogen and can only have periods if on birth control. I am 5'5", 115 lbs, 33 yrs old and active. The dr. put fear in me by stating if i do not stay on birth control pills I can develop breast, ovarian or uterus cancer. Not having periods can promote cancer???...Is this true? Has anyone else heard this? I hate taking birth control because i become the devil at times :-)

I went to an endocrinologist and she said I have a sluggish tyroid, so she put me on a thyroid medication. Is it Ok for me to stop taking birth control pills??? Can I stop taking them for 6 months then go back on them? Please advise :-)  Thanks.. Brooke
Hi everyone, I am 20 years old my husband and I have been ttc for a few months now. I haven't had my period since september, like everyone else I also have irregular periods. Does anyone think there is hope for me, I really want to get pregnant. Is there anything I can do to better my chances of getting pregnant.

Any help is appreciated
should talk to your doctor about pituitary tumors. very common. and cause lack of periods for long periods of time. weight gain, mood swings water retention. and so on

I am 25, went off BC in Aug, had reg period Sept and Oct, but missed 3 months in a row now.  I have a 16 month old already and got pregnant first try with her. Un-sure if I should be worried?? 3 Negative preg tests. Want to have 2nd child soon!
I went off BC in march and was reg until July.  I have not since had a period so I went to my doctor and told her I was TTC so she did bloodwork to check my hormone levels and then did a ultrasound to check my insides.  All seems to be ok and doctor told me its just a timing thing and you can still get pregnant if you don't have a period.  She reffered me to my OB from the first child I had. So if I still have no period in Jan/Feb then he will give me something to have as well as ovulate.  I had bought a Clearblue fertility monitor but with no period I can't start it!!!  
I am 28 years old and my periods stopped once I came off BC 3 years ago. The docs xrayed and interal scanned me - I have PCOS and a blocked fallopian tube. I have been prescribed northisterone (excuse spelling) and something else, I think it was cyclomode(speling) to force periods this worked but they did not last. I still ovulate but I still am not pregnant!! Does anyone have any tips on how to help the process along without resourcing to medical treatment?
i also have pcos and i am currently reading a book called pcos and your fertility which is very informative it says that accupunture and herbs are very helpfull in treating not only the symptoms of pcos but also tubal blockages i have been seein an accupunturist for four months and have radically changed my diet ive lost twenty lbs and may have ovulated a couple of times which was not happening b4 but still no period going to see a real dr soon hope this info was helpfull comment me back if u ever wanna talk or look me up on facebook (tiffany ciolino)its really hard having pcos and it would be nice to have someone to talk to.
well I like other here am very irregular and have not had a period since July 30, 2009.  I went off BC April 1, 2009 and was reg until July.  I decided to go ahead and start using the clearblue fertility monitor (although it asks for your start date for period in which I just put in f orover this past weekend) it showed yesterday as low fertility and today as High fertility!!! so my question is if after a few days of high you don't reach peak fertility does that mean you havn't ovulated?? Can you still conceive if you don't reach peak?  The website doesnt really say - just says high gives you more days to concieve (conceive).  Any help is appreciated as I've been TTC since April and am  new to this monitor
i just bought the monitor also but have not used it yet wish i could return it cause i probably wasted my money didnt realize that its not accurate for women with pcos ne way the site i bought it from there were a bunch of reviews and one in particular stated that she never reached peak fertility only high so she tried during that time and did concieve (conceive) hope that helped.
I'll wait to see if I reach peak as I know it can take a couple cycles to "get to know you".  I'll let you know how it goes!!   You have up to day 5 to put in your period so day day 6-9 was low fert and today (day 10) came up high so we'll see. Told the hubby to get ready  lol.   Our daughter turns 4 at the end of this month so we were trying to time it for an august baby as she will be starting school this coming Sept.  Oh well I'll keep trekking
i am 17 years old... i have a different type of bc.. (i dontknow how to spell it but its called the implonon bc) and i got it in Feburary of last year and they said i could have little or no period. and i have gone 7 months w/out a period. do i still ovulate???? i had sex with my boyfriend for a while now without a condom and i was wondering if i could still get pregnant???? nothing has happened. in a way i want a baby. but i no im to young..and i dont know wat to do.........
can anyone help
Thanks for the info on the book....i've just ordered the book......and i'm booked in for acupuncture. Im doin the dietin and excercising routine tooo.....If nothing happensin the next 3/4 months then I will go through the normal medical route. I will keep u posted. Good luck and let me know if anything changes :-)
Yes you can still ovulate without a period!!!! So i'd start using condoms if I were you if you're gonna be intimate.
My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and we have been able to.  I am worried that it is because my periods are so irregular I have maybe 3 or 4 at the most in a year Im so scared because I want a baby so bad and I would give anything to be a mother.  I have considered adoption but I really would love to have a child of my own. I feel awful becaue I may not be able to have my own child and I think every woman should be able to expeirence pregnancy I really dont know what to do please help
my period is highly Irregular..i go like 4 to 6 moths with out it.. i just got engaged to a guy and we have talked about having kids and i don't know if im able to get prego..i was wondering if neone had any ideas as to what i should do..i have concurence b/c before we got engaged we had unprtected sex all the time..and i never got pergo.. i took test after test and they all showed up negaitive..i was wondering if it was possiable for me to get prego.. i  don't have good health insurance and i don't know where to go to get these test done that everyone is talking about.. i also am not good with trems so if u could as they say dumb it down for me it would really helpfull..please let me know..

thanks
do u have pcos or ne symptoms of it? if so u can get pregnant it will just be tough and most likely u will have to be on some form of medication. i know what its like with the insurance thing i had to pay cash to get answers. an ultrasound will let u know if u have pcos but that will cost you over 200 dollars. what area do u live in i might be able to refer u to a doc.
well I finally got my reffereal to see my OB!!  March 11th it is.  Im hoping he will give me somehin to enduce my period since I haven't had one since July. And give me somethin to help me ovulate!!  Its been a year of trying
good luck i have my appt on the 1st im in the same boat
hey! since i was in middle school, i have always lied to my docotors about having my period. im now 19 and just about 1 yr ago i finally told my new doctor that i really never had a period. i asked her if i could still get pregnant, because one day when i get married i want kids. she said that i should still be able to get pregnant its just goin to be harder than a female who have a monthly period. for some reason in the back of my mind i feel that i will never be able to have babies. and lately i have been having pains where my ovaries are. i think something might be seriously wrong but i cant go to the doctor anymore because i dont have insurance anymore. thats y i am asking for help...can i still get pregnant even tho im having problems? it would be very sad to me if i couldnt have kids later on in my life. thanks! melissa.
Hi My name is monica i am 26 almost 27 i have never had regular problems i used to go to obgyn every two weeks for pogreston shots and been on pills and shots to give me my period dose not work. She told me that i wouldnt be able to concive which kills me becuase i want a child more than anything in the world. I havnt had period for 6 moths almost seven now but in last 3 or 4 months been feeling really weird. I get heart burn so much that never had before have gas alot wich never really had and my belly fells like it throbs alot it really weird to me but took  3 4 test all came out negative i have bunch cyst on my overys but my doc said that they were ok and not hurting me in any way
Good luck on Monday!!! Let me know how it goes.  I don;t wanna wait til March  but my OB is booked solid so I asked to get put on a cancellation list :).  Thank god for Canadian health care cause I prob wouldn't be able to do all this testing in the states.
thanx hun had my dr appt today it went really well i liked the doc a lot she sent me to get some blood work done rigjht after and my husband is gettin a sperm analysis done tomorrow if blood test comes back that im not pregnant i will start progesterone immediately to start a period then on day five i think i will start clomid then i will go in for an ultrasound to see if my fiolicle size is good around day 14 then we do our baby makin thing then around day 25 or somethin i go for a blood test to see if i did ovulate im sooo exited to get the ball rolling although if we do find out that my husband is still having motility problems she will do an iui rather than the natural way either way i dont care lol i just hope the clomid works cause she will only try it for three months then i will have to go see another specialist. i also have an appt with a reproductive endocrinologist the end of this month that i had been waiting for for like 4 months so we will see what he says also ne way i just have a renewed sense of hope and im really excited so keep your fingers crossed for me!
Awesome!!! my fingers are crossed.  I just keep teeling myself one more month  lol  I hate waiting
i know how u feel hang in there!
I was on Depo-Provera throughout my twenties. I was taken off of it 3 years ago after a bone-density scan came back as showing that I had the frame of a 60yr old and was noticing more hair in the bottom of the tub when I got out of the shower. Since then, I still have not had a period. About a year a ago I went to my Dr. with this issue and he put me on a low dose birth control pill and that same month, my period returned; however, this is defeating the purpose. What is the point of being on the pill in order to have a period, if the only reason I want to have a period is so that i may get pregnant??? So, i only took the pill for a month and then decided to quit with it. Afterwards I didn't have another period. But, about once a month i experience signs of PMS. My breasts become so sensitive I can't even stand for my clothes to touch them. I have mood swings, etc. I was just wondering if anyone else could share her experiences with the Depo shot and trying to get pregnant.
I am 20 years old and i havent had my period in almost a year they just stopped one day and never came back, my husband and i are trying to have a baby and i have taken pergnancy tests but they all come out negetive. i have talked to my doctor and she couldnt find anything wrong she said that i was perfectly healthy. I have never taken birth control or anything else so if anyone has any advice please share with me :(
I am kinda in the same boat.  My husband and I have a 4 yr old and after I had her I went on BCP.  I stopped taking them back in march 2009 as we were starting to try for #2 and my periods stopped in July.  I have had bloodwork done and a trans vag ultrasound and have now gotten my refferal to my OB. He will prob start me on provera to make me have my AF and then start me on clomid which in turn can help you ovulate!!  My advice would be to tell your doctor you are trying to concieve (conceive) and would like to know about the 2 prescriptions i mentioned.  It is possible to ovulate without a period but you may have PCOS which would make it very difficult to concieve (conceive)
Hi everyone. I have some questions. I have been off my birth control since Nov, 08... I have extreamly IRREGULAR periods. Like every 4-6 months. Am i still ovulating? I have been to my DR about this. I possibly have pcos.. the only way to be 100% sure is to do a ultra sound and there over  $200 in my area..
I'm just wondering is it possibly to get pregnant? My boyfriend and I don't use protection at all. This past month I have been feeling Odd..
Dreams of being pregnant, and feeling nauseated in the mornings , and i cant taste the foods that I know taste good. I have been super super emotional... I can not get enough sweets...
COULD I FINALLY BE PREGNANT?!?!?!
I took a test on Monday and it was INVALID.
yes it is possible to be pregnant but not likely most women with pcos dont ovulate on there own. i say if u can afford the ultrasound go for it i had to pay cash also to get mine done i know it sux but its worth it to know for sure. your symptoms sound encouraging but pcos can do that also i get nauseous a lot and emotional but that is because pcos throws your hormones all outa wack i hope its a pregnancy though that would be wonderfull. btw if u do have pcos u should really stay away from all sugar if possible it makes our condition much worse just like a diabetic. good luck and keep us posted!
I had no clue that sugar is bad for our condition... I crave it like crazy.. :(
I hope its  a pregnancy also!! I will Keep you posted.Thank you for your Input!
Just having a bad day ladies- need to vent.... still have 2more weeks of waiting to see my OB. So by the time I  go on provera and then clomid  will be like 6 weeks.  I know there's light at the tunnel but it ***** to just sit back and wait and wait and wait. I don't think my hubby really understands me about this whole topic.  He could care less about having #2 and doesn't understand why i need to go have all this testing done ..but would be very happy if we did get preggo (as he was the one who said he wanted to try for #2) He is a Heavy Equip operator and his busy season will be arriving in May which means he won't be home much........possibly missing ovulation.  Im glad i found this forum and look forward to hearing everyones stories and know I'm not the only one.  Most informative site I've found thus far.  So on that note!!!!  Good luck to everyone and happy dancing!!!!!
hi i am 33 years old i to has cyst on my overies PCOS ia wht docs called it i had a operation to remove them but when they went in they were gone said they bust idk but anyway i dont get a period for years i tryied the birth comtrol pills but stop i want to have a baby but i am also in a same sex marriege any advise besids IVF CANT AFORD IT
I'm 21 years old, and i've been trying to concieve (conceive) a child with my fiance for over a year now. I haven't had a period since June, 2009. I've taken plenty of pregnancy tests, some were positive & some were negative. we've been to the doctor's and he said that everything looks alright. I also get Slight cramping in my lower stomach, some spotting, dizyness & tender breasts. is it even possible for me to concieve (conceive)? I'm getting married in five months and i don't want to ruin his dreams of having the one thing he wants most, A family. Advice anyone?
Hi, my name is Bady D. I havent had a period in 4 years and still and got none. My family call me the lucky ones, cause i don't have a period. I want a child so bad i cant stop thinking about it. It hurts me inside cause i dont have a period like the other woman in my family. I have told my boyfirend that i don't have a period but he don't believe me.I am 21yrs old. This women on her has cougar me to write a comment about me.
Well ladies I finally had my ob appt on Mar 11 and he told me I have pcos. So he started me on Provera for 10 days (im on day 7 today) and gave me 100mg of clomid to take cd 5-9.  Im not sure as to why he's starting me on 100 as most women start with 50mg. (posisbly because I havn't had a period since July 2009?? )  Anywhoo...  I can actually say I excited about finally getting a period hopefully next week!! and starting my new journey on clomid!!
Guys its been a year and a month since my last period I went to a doctor 6 months ago and she said I was fine but it scares me cuz I want to have kids and I'm afraid it this problem won't let me =/
how old are you bonnie? Are you trying to concieve (conceive) or is this for future?  It is not normal to stop your period for that long!!!  If you are ttc I would tell your doctor that you are trying and how long you've been trying for.   I am 33 and haven't had a period since july 2009.  I told my doc i was ttc sice March 09 so she did a bunch of blood work and referred me to my ob who in turn would put me on provera which would make me have a period then put me on clomid (which makes you ovulate)  My doc has told me it is possible to ovulate without a period but highly unlikely which is why tehy give you clomid.  I am on my 8th day of provera today so hopefully within a week i'll get AF and start taking my forst round of clomid on cd5-9

Good luck!!! and be persistant with your doc!!! Again its not normal - could be any number of things - menopause, pcos, some other homone imbalance etc....
I am a 52 year old woman who has stopped having periods for about 6 years now my doctor said I can not get pregnant i wonder if this is the truth can someone tell me the truth? thanks alot Lisa
Hey whats up, i have a girlfriend that have never seen her period and she will be 20 soon and she is worrying about her menstruation, so i told her not to worry because their are a lot of woman out der like urself that have kidds and havnt seen der period yet!....send me an email with ur replay plz....***@****
hi im 22 and was on the depo provera shot since oct 08  and it april 2010 and still no menstrual but my stomache cramps every once in a while like im going to start.... my hubby and i decided to ttc so i got off my shot in dec 09 and yet not spotting or anything.... can i get pregnant???? and one more question how can you tell about the mucus thing when you ovulate like does it show up in your undies or?????? PLEASE HELP i wanted some advice before going to the drs
hey im 18 last time i had my period was jan20 me & my husband r trying to have a baby i have take test after test they say negative i have be to the dr but they say i look good & i ask them if i could have kids they said i could but i dont know y im not getting pregnant me & my hubby be dating for 3 years now i hope one day we will have a baby email me at earl.***@**** tell me what u think? thanks for read this
Hey! I have not have my period for almost 4 months now. me and my hubby are trying to have a baby...I want one so bad...I feel so sad and broken. We been having sex and Yes, he came in me all the time...So, I went to the Dr. and SHe did  two blood test to see if i was pregnant or do I have P COS  and Thicdy ( spell wrong). The result say that I was not pregnant and everything else was normal. So, I really don't know what wrong with me...So, yesterday I throw up no where..the smell of cooking oil get to me... I thought I might be pregnant but I took a test and it was NEG too...so Yeah.. I really do want a baby so bad..I'm 21 and my hubby is 26...Also, I don't take any med..but lately, i been stress out since I go school, have to two job and taking care of house and paying bills.. I also gain a alot weight too... I'm think it might have to do with my weight. But, I seem people, whoa re bigger them me can get pregnant too..so, I don't know... do u have a advise ....
Wow well I have irregular n been witout a period for 5months so far I've been tryin to get fo the longest but still no luck I went to doc almost a month n a half ago I wasn't preg but now I actually thnk I am now
im new to this but i was taking birth control (depo) for a year then i stop i been off of it a year an still no period i just feel like somethings worng wit me but my doc says im fine an thats normal
my name is joanna and im 39 years old.im writing this letter cause i havnt had my period for 2 month now can i get pregnant even tho i dont have it.i would love to have a baby i realy do.
I have never had a regular period but I've never been pregnant either....my paps are all regular so what should I do?
Hiya just a quick answer to help ease your worries..

I had had periods like clockwork on the pills up until around 5 years ago when they stopped and never came back due to having salmonella poisoning on holiday abroad.

So I haven't had periods for 5 years and my partner was not releasing sperm inside me as I just thought I might get pregnant.  I was told I would need help to get pregnant as I had had high prolactin hormones in the past.

In Nov 2007 we had sex and he ejaculated inside me and that was it...my sister was pregnant at that time, I was really poorly with a kidney infection but I was so so sick.  I am also on a lot of medication with a bad back so wanted to be off my medication before getting pregnant.  Six weeks later I was hospitalised due to the kidney infection.  I have frequent kidney infections so know what they feel like but my tummy was very painful and hurt differently...

A consultant did a pregnancy test without me knowing and came back with a doctor to tell me the news...I was pregnant despite not having any periods for at least 5 years!!! They asked me to get my partner into the hospital from work and as soon as he arrived I was in for a scan, the normal ultrasound couldn't see anything so they did an internal ultrasound and we heard a heartbeat and saw it beat on screen.  I was 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant.  I'd also taken a pregnancy test at home when I found out my sister was pregnant and was negative!!!

They monitored me closely throughout the pregnancy, I had took a lot of fish oils as they helped my back so i do think they had something in me getting pregnant but despite all my medications... Abby was born by elective caesarian at 38 weeks in August 2008.

Abby is now almost 2 years old and is a miracle child the nurses and midwives always commented when they asked my last period but of course I didn't know as it was 5 years of no periods before getting pregnant with no periods!!! Thus it can happen.  My sister had a child, Kayden who was really 1 month older than Abby, (cousin) but as Abby was 2 weeks early there are 2 weeks between them now.

The research also says that it can take 14 days or almost a month to get pregnant so if you do a test before that time it will be negative, especially as it takes times for your body to build the baby and umbilical cord and produce enough Hcg hormone to register on the pregnancy tests!!!

I also really wanted a baby at that time so much and I got my wish - to those of you who are trying GOOD LUCK, relax and it will happen.

Take Care

Helen J
Hi everyone,
Well I do not know what is going on with my body. We have been ttc for a year or so now. Up until Nov of 09 I got my periods every 3-4 months, pretty well like clockwork for me because they have always been like that since I started. Well since I went to the gyno in Nov I have not had a period. Had a few days of a spot or two here or there after the appointment, but nothing as far as a period goes. They said that everything was normal etc. I am unsure what is going on, I have only gained about 15 lbs in the past 3 years, I don't exercise a ton and my job isn't stressful enough to interfere. I know my husband is not the problem, he has 2 kids in previous relationships. We really want a baby of our own, and I have done tons of research but I don't know what it could be.
im really confused cause i get my period once a month but i have alot of sex and i never get pregnat then i dont know what to do im old enough to develope but i dont know.
Hey I am 21 years old and I have never had a period on my own. My doctor put me on birth control at the age of 16 so that I could have a period. Once the pack was finished I had a period. I only have my period whenever im at the end of a pack of birth control. I have been off the BC for awhile and haven't had my period in forever because of it. Doctors say I don't have to stay on it. In  the next couple of years I want to have a baby but I don't know if its possible because I have never had a period without the help of birth control.
i have always had irregular periods but i got pregnant with my son in jan 2006 after i had him i bleed for the six weeks and had a normal period and then i got kidney stones and they had to surgically remove them in june 2008 and i haven't a period since then i am now trying for baby #2 but not sure if i can get pregnant as i have been trying for over a year anyone have any advice
Just to shed some light...I'm 25 yrs old and have been trying to conceive for over 2 yrs. I've always had regular periods since I can remember. Six months ago I spoke to my doc about my issues w/ getting pregnant, I had an u/s and the doc said I had pcos. Which is weird b/c I don't show the "normal" symptoms. I did two rounds of clomid and failed. During the last round in Feb I took provera to induce period (period stopped coming on its own after 1st round of clomid). Period was extremely abnormal lasting 17 days, doc performed D&C hysteroscopy and removed some polyps. Its May and I still haven't seen a period. Doc prescribed prometrium to start period still a no show. Turns out I'm actually pregnant! It is possible to ovulate and not get a period. I was worried about egg quality but doc said not to worry he sees it happen a lot. Good luck to all! :)
Hi, i am 20 years old and have been married for a year. My husband is in the Marines and we are trying to get pregnant before he gets deployed!:(
I have always had irregular periods so I got on BC, I was on them for about two years and had regular periods. As soon as i got off of them I didn't have a period for four months. Not wanting to get pregnant I tried the Depo shot. I only got the shot once in January 2009 and decided to not go back for another shot (which was suppose to be in April 2009) It is now May 2010 and I still haven't had a period. In the past year due to my husband being away for his job I have been stressed, I did loose some weight, now weighing 110 pds. but now I am happy healthy in shape and can't see why I don't have a period. Didn't know if anyone might have any advice on what is wrong or what i need to do?!
hey everyone,
im 21 and havent had a period in 2 years. 6 months ago i had a scan which confirmed this was due to PCOS (ovarian cysts). my gyno told me there was pretty much no chance i could get pregnant at his stage without menstruating in so long and when i did decide to have children i would need medical intervention.
As me and my partner (23) did not plan on having children for 5 years or so i did not start any treatment. I am not on the birth control pill and we only use condoms occasionally, but this did not worry us because we were told i wouldnt be able to get pregnant.
Last week i began getting abdominal cramps and sore breasts, and we were stunned when i had a test that confirmed i am now pregnant?!!
How is this possible if i havent had a period or any sign of even a little spotting in the lat 2years? and because of this is there a high chance of me miscarrying?
Cant seem to find any information specific to cases like this. someone please help!
I have a beautiful little girl, who will be 4 next month. I had her when I was 20. Before that I never took birth control pills and I had a period at least every month. Anyways I breast feed my daughter for 13 months. I had the normal bleeding after pregnancy and I think maybe one period when she was about 4 months. After that nothing til she was about 2 to 2 1/2 years old. I went to the doctor when she was 3 and they took all kinds of test and nothing came back strange. So he put me on birth control and I started having periods again at the end of every pack, but I never took the pill at the same time and there was times that I forgot. Well I have been off of them since March, because I was only to be on the for 6 months. I have yet to have anything since, almost three months.... We want to have another child, but I can not afford to go back in forth to a doctor. Thinking of going back on the pill to keep things regular again, but it will take about 6 months to a year and I do not to wait that long..........
Hello, I am 21 years old and i just have a question . I  was on seasonal for about 6 months then stopped cause it was making me sick ... I ve been off it for about a month or so ..  I was suppose to get my period 2 weeks ago and went to the doctors a week and a half ago and everything came up negative for pregnancy  I 've been sexually attactive and unportected these weeks and . now my nipples hurt and i have really bad cramps but still no period ..could i be pregnant or just something else ...and i ve never had these signs for Pms or anything like that. Just curious if anyone knows what it could be
Hi EveryOne I Am Sophie  I Dont Noo What Too Doo I Really Want A Baby But I Haventt Had A Period And I Havee Donee Test And Even Obvilation Test And There All Negitive Does Anyone No What I Could Do :).....X
Hello!!!! my name is Stacy I'm a 25 year old married women with 2 beautiful kids ( a 6 year old Lil girl and a 2 year old Lil boy) my husband and i have been trying for one more ( i want a Lil girl) off and on for about a year now. We miscarried in may right before my birthday ( may 31 )  i had my cycle monthly up until October of 09 and never seen it again since then.... I have blood test and ultrasounds done, they say they found a very very small cyst but that it was nothing to be concerned about. We go back to the doc June 8th to see what it is we can do to get our last one. but i fell as if i might be pregnant now. very sick and tired all the time dizziness, cramps that are out of this world my breast hurt, i thought it was my cycle but it wasn't. really don't know what else to do??????????? but if it's not meant to be then i will be happy with the two angles God has given me.

YOU ALL ARE IN MY PRAYERS....... GOOD LUCK
i was on the depo provera for 6 years and did not have any periods, when i came off it..it tooke me almost 14 months for my periods to resume, i was very worried and thinking that they would never come back, i got pregnant 4 months later and had a little girl who is now 4, i went back on the depo provera shortley after having my daughter as it did work well for me..well no periods!! what more could a women ask for!!! i felt like i did not want a second child for quite some time...i came back off the depo 11 months ago and still have had no period! but i am now 7 weeks pregnant!!!!! so yes..you can still be fertile if your periods have not resumed from taking birth control!!! x
I'm 18 years old! Today i found out that i have a really low chance of having children. My dream was always to have a big fmily but today it was all crush! I have not started my period! At all and the doctors thought it would be good to put me on bc to start a period without ovulation so i would feel like my friends and family....but i won't knowing i might not be able to have children! : '(
hi im 18 and i have not had my period for 5months me and my fiance have been ttc for a real long time but all the test i do come back negative but i have all the signs like gaining weight boobs getting bigger. t is my only dream to be a mum and im just wonerig what to do i dont care how much it costs i will do anything to become a mummy
hi am new and i wanted to know i am 21 years old and never had a period and i wanted to know if its possible...
ive always been regular as clockworkwith my periods ive been havin them since i was 9. i started taking birth control and i kept missing the so ive come off it now im ready for a baby but i havent have a period since april? and pregenncy test r coming back negative? help me?? xx
Hi Im 10 years old and i have not started my period and im trying to consive i have had sex 5 times trying to get pregant and i bought 4 pregancy test will u help me try to get PREGANT...... :)

Thanks,
                                                       so much for helping me  
I use to have the same problem, I talked to my doctor and she said it is a condition called pos {witch is genetic} There is and easy way to fix it. Lose a couple of pounds. I am not saying you are fat because lord knows I wasn't either, but I lost a few pounds got regulated and my fiance and I are trying to conceive our first child together.

Best of luck to u :D
I have alway been irregular as well. It has now been about 5 years+ since my last period. I'm 27.  I haven't been to the doc. Cause of the answer I might get. I no, it's better to know then to not right?! My girlfriends stress that all the time. I have though went through every measure I could on my own.  I ovulate every month on the 3rd. And counted 14days after when I took the fertility test. I am aswell fertil. Now my love and I are trying. Today is day 7!!! Let you know the out come. And the last time I went, 10years ago, he said I had a clear pd and could still get pregnant.
I am goin thruy the same thing as u . im 16, i haven't had a period all of the 2010 year except for one. I may be pregnant now. i really was confused about it bc i havn't had my period, & didnt think i actually could get pregnant, but after reading all of these stories, i might actually be. Its crazy to think that after you havn't had a peroid, you can still get pregnant. & i have a question for any one to answer, Is Birth Control Like a Prenatal Vitamin if you take it while pregnant?
im scared i really want a baby i omly have a period once a year if im lucky how can i get pregnant and when do   i know if i am ovulating.
ii hAv3 n3v3r hAd a Regular period i ....cNt rEmemBer wHeen ii diid. iiM 19 yrs 0ld && i nEED a bby B4 iM 21;; i nEEd hElp!!!!!! iiM to0 yUng 2 bE deAling wiiT thiiS!=[

-lisa love BABY DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3
I'm 25 and was on levlen for about 3 years. I quit taking after getting married and haven't had a period in over 9 months. Can I still get pregnant or is there something wrong with me.
I'm 23 never been pregnant before. I took birthcontrol for 6 months. My last period was after my 2nd to last birthcontrol packet. I didn't get a period after I was done with the last packet and didn't get a period for 3 months after that. I took a pregnancy test at home, it was negative. A week after taking the test I went to my GYNO and they told me I was 2 weeks pregnant. So yes, you can get pregnant without a period. I think this is confusing but it happens. What I think is confusing is that my home-preg-test said negative, yet my  urine sample at the GYNO said positive & they were only 2 weeks apart, plus the fact that I was already supposedly 1 week "pregnant" by the time I had taken the test at home...
im 17 I BEEN TRYIN TO HAVE A BABY BUT I HAVENT HAD A PERIOD IN A YEAR BUT I JUST GOT OFF OF DEOP WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Girls,
No matter what the doctors say miracles do happen. I am 22 and have a 2 year old son. I have never had a normal period (just like all of you) since I was 12. One doctor would say it was cyst and I would never be able to have kids, and the others just agreed. I proved them wrong. I've been 2 years without a period and know I'm pregnant again. so don't give up!!! God or whatever religion you have will help you! Good luck to all of you!!!!
im 15 and i dont have periods i had one period july 14 it last 4 days i had sex august 13 and i been feeling sick when i eat i dont get full so im wondering if im pregnant. I been using the bathroom like every hour. So do that mean im pregnant. How long do it take a egg to Develope To know if you pregnant. It been 1day and im already feeling sick and using the bathroom alot and when i eat i dont get full. am i pregnant.
i am 22years old and i have try getting pregnant for almost 2 year and nothing i have it had a period since like 4 months all ready and mi dont get regular periods i am so sad and depress:(
please take a little time to read my story.

I've been married for five years now to a wonderful husband. the first two years of our marriage we used protection (condoms and pull-out method). finally on the third year, we've finally realized that we want a baby, so we've been trying for about three years now. no luck. i visited obgyn, and all she said to me was to lose weight ( height is 5'3, weight 190), i am very over weight; exercise and go on a diet. she then prescribed me provera, which consist of 5 pills to help achieve your period for that range in time. i took as i was told, started my period three days later, lasting one week long. she then also prescribed me low-ogestral birth control (excuse my spelling), it's been a year since my visit to the obgyn, and all in total of the bc i consumed was three, because everytime i ate one, the next day i start my period, so i was excitied and wanted to try to conceive, every time this happend ( for five months) it all failed me. now, i'm just relying on hope. just recently, i visited my mother in fresno and she told me to this hmong massaging old lady (future-teller), and she said that i will be able to have kids, just not my time. i am patiently waiting until the miracle day comes sweeping in.

thanks for your time to read my story, if any advice to boost up my chance of conceiving, please help.
I haven't had my period in well over 2 years and I went to the doctor to see why and they charged me $120 to tell me that I'm fat and they didin't even run any tests on me.... I'm 22 and I've tried losing weight and I work out regularly but no luck. I've weighed the same for about 5 months now. What shouls I do?
MY SITUATION IS A LIL BIT DIFFRENT, I HAD A MOLAR PREG A FEW YRS AGO, AND DOC TOLD ME IT WAS VERY DANGEROUS AND I HAD TO GET IT REMOVED RIGHT AWAY ABORATION AND I HAD TO GET SHOTS LIKE EVERY WEEK OR ALSE SOMETHING WOULD SPREAD IN MY BLOOD AND CAN EVEN BE DEADLY.AFTER THAT PROG I HAD THE DEPO ONE TIME. AND I HAVE NOT HAD A PERIOD SINCE 2006.I STARRIED TO GET REALLY WORRIED AND I HAD A PELVIC EXAM 2 YRS AGO AND ALL WAS FINE,I EVEN TOOK PILLS SO MY PERIOD CAN COME DOWN AND NOTHING.IM WORRIED I DONT THINK I CAN HAVE KIDS ANYMORE BC HAVENT HAD A PERIOD ANYBODY EVER HERD OF THIS???
I have the same story most of you do. I ended up in the hospital with severe stomach pain, thinking I had appendicitis but found out I had a cyst rupture on my ovary... Ta da! PCOS. They put me on BC and I was on it for a year before I lost my health insurance. I couldn't afford the birth control but after I stopped taking it I still got my period for several months so I wasn't too worried for awhile. My last period was May 2008. I'm now married and still have no health insurance. I want children, so does my husband, I feel the same way alot of you do. Like I'm broken, and I am so scared that I will not be able to have children. I've read every story posted on this page and it feels really good to know I'm not alone with my fears. I'm going to try some of the suggestions I've seen on here and hopefully something will work. Thank you all for making me like I'm not alone, and for the feeling of hope you have given me.
Hello

Me and my boyfriend been trying to conceive but we have no luck, we have been trying for about 5 months now and still no luck, i didnt have my period for about 3 weeks and now i have my period for a lil over 2 weeks now, is it normal for a period to go on for this long. this is TMI but also when having sex on your period and your having irregular periods is there a chance that you can ovulate while on your period and a possible chance you can get pregnant while on your period?

Anything will help, we really want to start a family.
Hello! To all the ladies and gentlemen out there in internet land, Don't lose hope! I have been trying to 2 years for number 2. I have pcos. I haven't had a cycle since febuary and am going in to have a psycial in the next week or so. I got pregnant for my son while I was on birth control. My hubby and I have decided that my body needs a break ( Been prego 6 times in 2 years... no baby made it past 10 weeks of development.) Just know, that you're not broken, and medical advances are helping all kinds of people, giving them the babies they truley want. Good luck to you all and Baby dust to all!!!
Hi, every one I'm 31 years old and I started my periods at the age of 13 as far as I can remember my cycle has ALWAYS been irregular, I met my hubby when I was 19 and we have been together ever since. The whole while we had unprotected sex still NO BABY, I have PCOS and have been reading about it none stop, I'm amazed by all the stories that are so similar to mines, I don't feel so alone anymore knowing there's other people going thru the same thing I am. On my next cycle which i hope comes next month "fingers crossed" I will start clomid to help with the ovulation. I will put it all in the lords hands to bless my womb and all of you lovely ladies who are wanting children.
........................................sparkling baby dust to all of you.....................
I have always been regular since I started my period. I have 3 beautiful girls and I'm 32 years old. I had an IUD placed in 2005, now it is due to be taken out (a little pass due actually). The NP says to act as if I'm not on any BC so there is a chance of pregnancy.  I was having normal periods when the IUD went pass due until now. I have not had a period since July. I have all the symptoms of pregnancy including the bloating to where my clothes will not fit. I have taken test after test. I got 2 Neg. then a Pos. then 2 more Neg. I went to my health department and it turned out Neg. They say they do not know what is wrong. Does anyone think I could still be pregnant and having the IUD is making the tests come out with a false Neg? Please help I am so confused.
I got off bc last month and at the end of the month I had reddish brown on my tissue and nothing on my underwear why is that then I took a test and it was negative and now its september im cramping bad but no peroid so should I worry or not
im 28 we've been ttc for 5 years now doctor FINALLY called me today (so excited) ive been waiting almost 1 years for this endocrinologist to call hopefully he can give me clomid and provera and hopefully i can get prego thats all i ever wanted anyways my point here is i saw some people were asking if it was possible to get pregnant with no period my doctor told me that i can still get preggo with a MATURE EGG so it is possible
Well, I feel like I am the ONLY girl in the world with my problem.
When I was 13 years old, my Dr. put me on estrogen and provera. I had no idea why I was on the pills. All I remember being told by my mom was that I was short and the Dr. wanted me to grow.
So I thought those pills had something to do with me growing. Well, I noticed they help me get bigger / fatter, so I stopped taking those pills when I was 18 years old.
I am now 31 years old, and since I stopped taking estrogen and provera, I had about 6 natural periods. My last natural period was about 4 years ago. I went to my Dr, and he really didn't seem to care. It didn't sound like a big deal to him. He told I couldn't ever have babies because I don't produce enough estrogen and that my ovaries are too small.
I know I should see a real Dr. But I feel so numb and hurt too..
I'm trying to trust God, but it's so hard.. But I'm sure God has a better plan for me.
Hayy I actually went Thur the same thing. But i haven't have a period since my junior yr in High School and I"m now a sophomore in College. I went to the doctors plenty of times and they gave me the run around! One thing I remember is them giving me a test to make sure my thyroids were fine. They were!! The doctors had no explanation why i wasn't getting a period. I have never been on birth control pills or anything. I still haven't had one yet, but i also find out my 7.5 wks pregnant:) so the doctors don't understand how i got pregnant. Everything will work out I promise just have faith and don't give up. It also helps to not think about it so much. I was always like I wanna get pregnant i wanna get pregnant and i got a negative test. Now im back in college pregnancy was the last thing on my mind now look at me.
Hello.

I got my first period when I was 12, since then I maybe got my period once or twice a year. I finally started the BC pill when I was 17 because I wanted a normal period. I'm now 32 and have gotten off the pill so I can get pregnant. I got off the pill 5 months ago and still have not gotten my period.  Prior to getting off the pill I donated my eggs. The doctors told me they have never seen anyone with as many follicles as me or anyone as sensitive to the hormone medications. One nurse told me I need to watch out for PCOS because I have a high number of follices and a 3:1 LH to FSH ratio.  My current gyn wonders if I have endometriosis. Doctors have run blood tests, my thyroid looks ok. But every month I get cramps, and still no period.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
i had my cycle last month and had sex it got lite tha next then it stopped and started again lite and now its october and i had six on the fifth i still have a few days to c if it show  but just wondering if i can get pregnant without it ?
i really want to come pregant though but i do get tired though sometimes but im onl my pired now but i just really want to come pregant cuz im only 13 i really want to have a baby but i gusse im promble not old any to have a baby yet i just really want on though x

Love from Jessica
i want another kid and after my second one i cant get a period and i never had birth control they did blood work and everything is normal, has anyone else had this problem? they also did an ultrasound and they said everything was normal to.
before my first child (daughter)my period was regular after i had her my problem begans with periods its not regular.my daughter is eight now so i trying to get pregnant again and i had my period 29th october after that i tried with my husband two times.after couple of days later i saw clear discharge is coming but little and i exprienced back pain.but after couple of days more later i dont have no discharge.and i have weired felling like i might pregnant do u think there is any possible to get pregnant or not.i am still wating for my next period.please i need some help.....
i am sorry i gave wrong information about period i had my period 29th september now i am waiting for octobor to see whats gonna happen???
Hi guys I just got my period after six months of not knowing wat is wrong wit me, I'm so happy now I hope we get pregnant we have been trying for a year
I have PCOS, I came off the pill in Feb of this year, my next cycle was in March a lil behind normal, I haven't had a period for bout 8 months now! Bout a week ago my boobs began having a somewhat throbbing sensation, around the sided and even some pain in the nipple, felt a lil ill this morning, figured bc I hadn't eaten felt better after food but boobs r still sore, to the point I gave someone a hug and the pressure hurt them, took a HPT with negative results, could I still be prego, never felt pain in my boobs like this before and I'll be 25 in a few months! Help me please!
i got pregnant at 15... my parents forced abortion on me... i got pregnant again at 16... and my aprents forced it on me again... both times were an accident... i always had a semi normal period, and believe me, if it was my choice i would have kept BOTH my babies. but i could not do anything with my parents saying no /: SO, after baby no. 2 i got on nuva ring and i looped it for 1 year and 2 months. meaning i changed it and put in a new one on the same day so avoid period and it worked. i took it out 3 days before my senior prom and didnt have a period for like 6 months. then i had a period every other month starting from there. then in july of 2008 it completley stopped... then i had one a period in june of 2009 havent had one since... although, in july of this year my dr tried provera and i had a period... i never got to go back though... i do not have hormone problems, i do not have a thyroid problem... does ANYOE have an iea what could be wrong? i have been TTC with my fiance for 2y3m. buuut my mother in law said i had a special glow the other night... and i have been kinda sick. with a strange feeling in my lower abdomen... idk if i would call it flutters... it just doesnt quite feel right... i have been longing for a baby since mine were taken away. my fiance and i both own homes so were more than ready. i may only be 20, but i want a baby so badly. i gained 30-40 lbs in the last 3 years from depression of the abortions and stress with school... but everyone knokws weight is hard to loose :( what can i do? could i be pregnant right now? i have NEVER had protected sex... i just want to have my baby back and bless the world with it.
Hi ladies!! I'm hoping that you can offer me some advice. My fiance and I are trying to get pregnant. My last depo injection was at the start of july which would last me until the start of October. Is it possible to get pregnanat without any sign of my period? I havent had any bleeding since I went on the depo in October last year.

Would ovulation sticks help me to work out wen is best to try and concieve (conceive) or do u need to be having a period for this to be effective?

any advice would be great :-)
Well BeckyRx I'm in the exact same boat as you! I've been on depo for 7+ years and my last injection was mid July 2010, which would have made me due for another one in october. My husband and I were married at the end of July and decided not to stay on depo as "we would just see what happens". In october I had a few days of anxiety and mood swings, followed by incredibly painful cramps and back ache, but no period.

cramping pretty much every other day, not has painfully , but a constant dull ache, as well as in my back. My boobs (especially the sides and my nipples) are really tender, and I don't have much appetite.

Took pregnancy test a few weeks ago, negative., but wondering if I should do it again. Surely not having a period in 7+ years,I couldn't be pregnant, could I? My husband and I havenever had protected sex.....HELP
thats  not true i had a baby and i have no started
hey. im 18. i started my period when i was 13. i had a few more over the years mostly medication induced though. so i guess you could say i havent had a period in about 4 years.. the doctor says theres nothing wrong.. but i want to have my owns kids someday, and i worried that i wont be able to. i did start taking the depo shot about a year ago.. but that wont explain the years before that. i just wan to know if ill be able to have kids someday..?
well i havent had a period but has the symptoms of a preg person took a test said neg so wat should i do?
Hi Everyone, When I was 15 i started my period.. when I turned 18 I lost it for 4 months.. I was put on progesterone and in 10 days my period started and I had a regular period for a very long time.. I was getting married and decided I'd go on birth control that was in 08 .. i went on the depo shot ...I decided to stop that in 09 I went on ortho tricyclen so I could get my period back.. stopped that in feb 19 2010.. I had my last period feb 23 - 27... then nothing ... I went on progesterone and I had a period from august 18 - 23 ... then nothing .. my husband and I have started trying to get pregnant.. as of august 24.. and so far no baby and no period.. any idea what might be happening? My doctor said that I am not ovulating every month so it's going to be difficult for us to get pregnant.. .. she said that I can try to lose weight and see how I am in a few months... I don't believe in invitro .. or anything that would help me to get pregnant scientifically .. so I'm trying to do this all natural.. Could losing weight really help? can I get pregnant without a period? and how would I know if I'm pregnant without even having a period?
I came off the pill in march this year and had on/off periods since then ( was nvr a normal period) Last time i bleed was august and i took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it was positive so yeah it is possible :D
I just had a baby 4 months ago, I had unprotected sex twice in the heat of the moment. I haven't had my period since dec.09. I'm a throwing up now, could I be pregnant?
hi all i'm 20 years old, i have never had period on my own when i turn 16 they put me on birth control so i have a period. I never use condoms during sex. sometimes when i miss a pill i will start bleeding earlier than i should. im afraid if i stop the pills to see if i have my own period i wont does this mean i'm infertile  
I don't have periods at all I had one natural period and when I'm on bc pills I do but when I stop taking them the periods stop...I've been like that long before I had sex... Could I get pregnant?
What about if you never had a period and you started bc pills and it made me have a period but no cramps just bleeding..
hi, me and my fiance are gettin married in october and we have been trying to get pregnant for a year now but my periods have been irregular sence i was 13 {started at 11}. I had gone on bc and had periods but every time i stopped taking it my periods would stop.for the past 3 months i been getting the symptoms of being pregnant and take tests but they r always negative.We would love to start our own little family very very soon....any suggestions on what we can do? i would love to see a positive sign one of these days
Hello I am almost 22 and am having problems with my period. I was on the mirena for a year and had no period which was normal but then i started having problems with it and had it taken out and was put on the depo shot that same day. I was having periods on the depo shot but it made me have them every week and for several days and then i went to not having any so when the first depo shot was up i didnt go back on it. I then had a period for a day for every week for a month. Then back to nothing and its been two months with no period but i am having mucus type stuff so i am ovulating. But i have recent not had any of the discharge type stuff. I have taken preg test but they are negative. What should i do?
Hey ladies! I went off the pill in July and my last period was in September I was freaking out alittle bit since the doctor told me they should go back to normal even after going off the pill. They gave me some pills to bring one on and that worked but after that nothing for another 3 months. They checked my thriod and it was "normal" she said that was the only thing that would throw it off. I started taking a prenatal about 3 weeks ago WITH iron and bam I had a period all on the own! I just wanted to pass this along to some of you ladies. It worked for me because I am iron deficant the doctory didn't even say anything about it! I just wanted to share and hopefully help somebody : ) I would try this before taking anything the doc gives you to jump start your system. good luck!
i havent had a period in i cant even remember how long.. it could have been as long as a year but even before that my periods have never been regular! i could probably count how many periods i have ever had on my fingers and toes. i am 19 going on 20 this year in may. my fiance and i have been trying to get pregnant now for a few years. i am overweight but i see girls way bigger than myself getting pregnant all the time! what is wrong with me? could i possibly never have a child of my own!?
Hey
Hay all yes u can 100 percent still get pregnant without periods hope u all sucsed i have a 7 month old bby and want another bby i had one injection after my bby my period r regulur can i fall pregnant my injection ran out 4 months ago and still no luck
i had posted that i didnt get my own period without bc so i have been off of them about a month still no period. one of you ladies had mentioned that if there was mucus that meant you ovualted. awhile ago i had a yeast infection but i went to the dr and it was negative my now im having discharge again is that mucas that you had mentioned? any ideas on what to do so i have my own period and how do i know im ovoulating
I'm not an expert, but most of us plays tricks with our on minds. We want to become pregnant so bad that we overwelm our own bodies, we miss our periods, feel light headed, even sick. The fact is if we can come to a conclusion and admit to ourselves it's not our choice to become pregnant at all. That's mother natures job we need to relax our body & minds so that it can be easier for us to conceive. I never tried to become pregnant & have 3 children, but my family has a history of infertility & it hurts to see that they hurt from it. My sister in-laws have been trying for over 7+ years & it has been a struggle for them they see kids all the time & wish it could be them that was a mother. I know one thing for sure if you really want a child you need to take care of your body, soul, & mind. If you can care for yourself you can care for anything, good luck to you all God bless all of you.
hi ladies i have a question, is it common to have a lot of cramping in the early stages of pregnancy?
Viewing 1-200 comments: