can't figure out what's wrong
I itch so bad that I have created sores. I am 41 and have had a long history of bv and yeast infections. The docs can't tell me what's wrong. Cuurently, I do not have  bv or a yeast infection. Doc noticed that I am red. I do have an odor but no discharge other than a slight clear,  watery one.

This discussion is related to Vulvar Cancer?.
Have they checked your hormone levels?  This could be hormone-related.

Have you changed laundry detergents or soap?  Use scented pads or tampons?  Use scented creams or gels in the area?
Have they done/taken cultures?
Itching can be caused by a number of causes.  It could be allergies to soaps and detergents and about anything, infections, dry skin, fungal problems, hormonal problems.

Itching skin can also be caused if you have glucose intolerance or diabetes.  And it may be a good idea to have a glucose test done and a blood test to check your HBA1C levels.  Undiagnosed diabetes and uncontrolled sugar levels can cause itching skin as well as encourage fungal growth.

Only use non-biological washing detergents.  Don't use bath gels, shower gels or soaps with perfume.  Only use non-perfumed soap, soaps that have the same pH level as our skin, you may be OK with baby washes.

Your doctor can prescribe (or you can purchase these from the pharmacy) emollients to use instead of soap.  You may also benefit from an anti-microbial bath solution called Dermol 600.

Having a bath with a big cupful of Epsom Salts and a little baby oil will help to neutralise the pH level of your skin to avoid getting any fungal problems.
Having baths with oats may also help.  No, they won't clog up your bath plug.

Fungal infections can occur on the skin and this will cause itching and redness.  A swab taken from the skin and sent to the laboratory for analysis will be able to show it there is any bacterial or fungal problems on your skin.

If you have been using antibiotics to treat your bacterial vaginosis, it is highly probably that you have a fungal infection on the skin. Antibiotics do encourage fungal growth.   If the skin swab comes back positive for fungal infections, you will need to be treated with antifungal medications to take by mouth for a few weeks or more as well as use an antifungal cream or spray to apply to the area that is itching and sore.  As the skin heals it is likely to be very dry and that will cause itching too, so you will need a moisturiser like Emolin spray.  

Once your skin condition is under control, you will need to maintain good health of it by taking frequent baths like I mentioned above and using the antifungal spray and oil spray from time to time.

Make sure that you always wear cotton underwear and do not wear any tight clothing and no tights.  Allow your skin to "air" as much as you can.

If you have broken skin with the sores, your doctor may need to prescribe an antibacterial cream for you to apply.  Broken skin is an entry for bacteria which could lead to other skin infections, which you want to avoid.

Try not to scratch as hard as it is.  By scratching, as you already know, you now have the sores.  Scratching will also damage the skin causing it to thicken.

If you are overweight, bear in mind that sweating in the folds of skin can also encourage fungal problems and sometimes also under the breasts.

If the itching is unbearable, have a cool shower and also as a home remedy apply natural set yogurt to the problem area.  This will cool down the itching and also helps to reduce any inflammation on the skin.  You can do this as often as you need to.

Ask your doctor to refer you to the gynaecologist if you are still having itchy problems in your vaginal area.  If the vaginal area is very dry you may require a hormone cream to apply and the gynaecologist will advise you with regard to that.  

Best wishes.