cause of itching of the vigina(vagina)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

cause of itching of the vigina(vagina)

i am seven months pregnant, and i discovered there is an itchung in my vigina (vagina) after sex, and there is a yellowish/white discharge. what is the cause of this and is there any remedy? is my baby okay?
it sounds like a yeast infection. go to the doctor just to be sure but im sure your babys fine. yeast infections are VERY common during pregnancy
i believe its a yeast infection, you can go see your gyn to prescribe you some medicine
Men can get yeast infections but show no signs of it. It is usually the woman who becomes the victim of this. Everytime my husband takes antibiotics, he gives me a yeast. And everytime I take certain antibiotics, I get it too. The doctor tells us that using Lamisil for jock itch is an anti fungal and can be used by my husband to treat it. while I use the pill and monostat. but we cant have any sex whatsoever until we are both treated completely. Also, if he doesnt get treated, he will just give it back to you over and over again. If you want to hear something funny, I even get yeast infections with condoms too. make sure you wash often when treating yourself to help get rid of it faster and better and you'll feel less itching too. also, you can use pantiliners throughout the day as the yeast cream starts to come down, so that you can help not reinfect yourself.