cervix feels open

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

cervix feels open

i am 11 weeks pregnant and i have lost a baby when i was 8 weeks before and i think it may have happen again my cervixs feels open but i have no bleeding i was spotting at 6 weeks went for U/S saw the babys heart so i dont know what to think anymore i am afaid to call the doctor and tell him the i think i lost the baby cause my cervixs feels open and him say that i lost the baby i dont know what to do i dont know if i am just afaid that i did because of what happen last time or what but has anyone ever had a open cervixs with no bleeding ??????? and if so was the baby ok i dont know but i will keep praying till i go back on the 27th and hope the get a heart beat
why not call and get an appt sooner for peace of mind? I agree when you are pregnant you should not be feeling your own cervix.. if nothing else because you do not want to get an infection or anything else
How can you tell if your cervix 'feels' open? Are you looking or examining yourself. A word of advice...if you're pregnant - leave that area alone and only let a dr or ob/gyn examine you internally. You can irritate the cervix doing that manually or even give yourself an infection.

Second of all, I would think if the cervix were open then bleeding would already be occurring and the pregnancy would be starting to come away. This would be an inevitable m/c if the cervix is open at this stage.

Third, I know you might not want to hear the worst case scenario from a dr because you're afraid of what the response or answer will be, but it is far better to deal with the truth and with facts instead of being in limbo. This is not good for you or the baby even if things are going ok, psychologically or emotionally or physically. So please, bite the bullet and see a dr. Better to let them tell you you have nothing to worry about than one of us who don't have the medical background, just advice! Best of luck to you.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
AppleBr Loreena is home driving me ... Comment
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals