"clot" in the uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

"clot" in the uterus

Hello everyone. please help. thanks a million in advance
my friend missed her period for a couple of months and she felt a great pain in her womb. she visited two gynecologists who urged her to undergo a caesarian section to remove "maybe a clot of blood" that accumulated in her uterus. she ultimately underwent the surgery and now she feels well. it has been now a year. she is getting married soon but she is worried and has some questions:
1) what are the causes of this?
2) can she get pregnant or does she have to wait for a couple of years more ?  noting that women who deliver with a caesarian operation must keep a period of at least 4 years between deliveries (i have been told)
3) will she be able to give birth naturally  or has she got to undergo a caesarean section every time she wants to deliver?
4) she is 27 now, what can she do to avoid such menstrual problems?
What you mean by caesarian section is lapratomy which is surgical exploration of the abdomen after cutting open the abdomen. The clot of blood may be ruptured ovarian cyst which can cause severe pain and is a life threatening condition causing emergency.

Some ovarian cysts can be associated with decreased fertility. However, it depends on the type of ovarian cyst (endometrioma or PCOS). Some cysts like functional cysts, cystadenomas and dermoid cysts can cause infertility when they are very large. Whether your friend will be able to conceive or have normal delivery depends on the treatment of cysts and the condition of pelvic and fetus at that time.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.