cold clammy skin with profuse sweating
IOver the last 6 months I am sweating profusely whilst my skin is cold and clammy to the touch both to myself and to others e.g my daughter.  I am nearly 60 years old and about a year ago came to the end of a 12 month period during which I was given strong anti biotics (metrinodizole and Cceflax) in order to over come passing blood from diverticulitis.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what might be causing the problem please.
You have an interesting and vexing problem that can have many etiologies. Unfortunately, physicians don't often pay a lot of attention to such complaints.

Many autoimmune diseases produce this kind of a "package". Ocasionally cancer does.

In addition a cardiac problem has to be ruled out. Profuse sweating from the forehead (cold sweats) and clammy skin are hallmarks of myocardial ischemia. In other words the heart isn't getting enough oxygen.

Let's look at the bright side. It may not be so serious.

You have to find a physician who will do a complete work-up and pay attention to you.

Nowadays inexpensive finger meters are available that determine the percentage of oxygen in the blood. Purchase one and check the levels while you are having an episode and compare the levels with the times when you are not.

A good guess is low oxygen levels. But what could be the reason?

That's the million dollar question.

But you need an in-person evaluation by a team of physicians, preferably at a teaching hospital.  To include a blood work-up. A low hematocrit will cause these symptoms. If your regular doctor doesn't pay attention, get another.