could i be preg?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

could i be preg?

Hi, my name is louise and im 18 years old. I had a long period which lasted 14 days. On the 8th november i was spotting, me and my b/f made out and he cummed in me. Do you think i could be pregnant? we have been trying for nearly 2 moths now and no luck i think! Haveing a examination monday to see whats wrong with me because of my long period. I did hear that a longer period could increase your chances but i dont no what to believe. Could you give me some advise please!
Louise
You say you were spotting on November 8th but what days was your period (started-ended)?  Anytime you have unprotected sex there is a chance of becoming pregnant. Im not being judgmental but 18 is young to start planning to have a baby expecially not being in a very committed relationship, such as being married.  Have you thought about expensise and such when the baby comes along? Where your going to live? Im 21 and my husband and I are TTC but I know financial it is going to be difficult for us.
Best of Luck!@
Jen

my period started 25th oct and ended 7th nov and spotted on 8th nov. I am living with my mum at the moment and she said i could stay as long as i like. He has talked about proposing but is going to get a job and flat first. He has already got his flat and said that i could move in with him if i am pregnant. Yes i know babies are expensive but every one said they are going to support us all the way.
oh and how can you tell if you are ovulating? yestuday i had white stuff and this morning it was clear and stringy now its clear and watery!
You are as old as my oldest niece so I will tell you as I would tell her. I will not put you down for ttcing, I have wanted a child my whole life, BUT make sure that the man is truly the one you want to have a realationship with your whole life. Not married or dating but that will be the baby's father and will be in your life forever or at least should be for the child's sake. Also, do not do it for you and your boyfriend!! Guys come and go and most do not think that they have to stay with a child or be faithful when you get pg that young because you "trapped" him in the relationship. So if you want a baby for YOU and will do anything for your baby including raise it yourself Then go for it.
You ovulate about 14 days before your next period, but everyone is different.  Usually it is safe to count 12-16 days back from the first day your period is due, thats when ovulatuion should occur.  It all depends on how many days your cycle is, such as 28, 30, 31, so on, it also depends on if your cycle is regular.  Usually when you ovulate your cervical mucus is egg white.  If you know when you are ovulating it is best to have sex at least every other day. Heres something I found that describes cervical fluid"

"Cervical Fluid - Your normal cervical fluid (often offensively referred to as "discharge") changes very distinctly and predicatably throughout your cycle. After menstruation, there is typically a period of dryness followed by fluid of a sticky, pasty consistency. Prior to ovulation, this changes to a creamy consistency and the vagina begins to feel more moist. This is followed by the most fertile type of cervical fluid often referred to as "eggwhite" as it is extremely slippery and wet. Your peak fertile day is the last day during which you experience this eggwhite cervical fluid. Because of the estrogen peak and drop associated with ovulation, the cervical fluid then often changes consistency abruptly, remaining scant during the remainder of the cycle."
Thank you for your replys! I have wanted a child since the age of 14yrs old. I am propeared to take care of the child on my own if he does leave me. I do believe this is the person i want to stay with and i know this will trap me! but when i think about it i have been through all of what i wanted to do in life and now i want to settle down and have a baby of my own. I am going to the doctors today or tomorrow to have an examination and then going to let my doctor know that my b/f and i had unprotected sex on 8th nov.
Louise
You are 18.  Do you really think you have experienced everything you want to experience?  What about college?  Seriously think about this.  If you feel you are ready, think about the little one you will be responsible for for the next 18 + years.  Take time and think about this before you get pregnant.  Good luck.