cramping after missed period. . . . . . help?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I just wanted to know if anyone can help me out with my situation. Now I have been trying to get pregnant for nine months and have always had a normal period. I have been over two weeks late on my period and had cramping for almost a week. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I thought that the cramping wasn't normal so I went to the hospital and they ran a bunch of tests, Including a pregnancy test which was negative also. They couldn't find anything wrong. I still feel like there is something going on and hope its a pregnancy.

So my question is what causes someone to miss a period and why would it follow with cramping?
Avatar n tn
have you been extra stressed out lately? that could account for the late period. i dont know about the cramping though. sorry i couldnt be more of a help! good luck
Avatar n tn
Hi! I had a similar experience last month.My date was over by 8 days though i had been very regular before this.I had exactly period like cramps on and off.Since all my preg tests were negative so my gynac said i'll get my period.I did get it on cd 36 but it was hardly for half a day.I dont know what caused the delay and scanty flow.It possibly is caused by stress.I have also been ttc for 8 months.I think we keep on thinking abt the same thing all the time and so our body tries to fool us.
Avatar n tn
Went to hospital again and discovered that I not only had ovarian cysts , but one had ruptured. It was pretty painful.
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 26 weeks, feeling blessed a... Comment
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals