cramping in abdomen and rectum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

cramping in abdomen and rectum

Hi, I'm a 28 year old female and while I was pregnant with my daughter (almost 5 years ago) I began having severe cramping in my lower abdomen and rectal area... it feels like labor pains... and I have continued to have them occasionally, sometimes once a month, or more, and sometimes once every couple of months. I have not been to the doctor to see what causes this pain. Whenever it starts, it's usually somewhat mild, then begins to get very severe over the course of about 15 minutes. When the pain is the worst, I have to double over and clutch my stomach. The pain is so severe I start to cry, and I have a high pain tolerance. The peak of the pain varies, sometimes lasting 15-30 minutes. The longest it ever lasted was an hour. Nothing significant brings on the pain. It just starts at very random times. Does anyone else have this problem, and does anyone know what it may be? Thank you.