cramps and pressure after Endometrial Ablation
Hello. i just had the Endometrial Ablation, Novasure done on thursday the 2nd, and I still have pain, pressure, and cramps. I barely bled afterwards. I was wondering if this was normal. i have alot of pain, pressure, and cramps. shouldn't i have more bleeding after this? i was told i would. Please can somebody help me? If someone can i would be so grateful. thank you
Surprised at your experience of the ballon ablation. I had one done yesterday. I was numb from the chest down and also had a light sedative so I slept right through it. I didn't want a full general anaesthetic so this was perfect. When i woke up in pain i immediately got a pain relief injection. Yes I have cramps and bleeding now but it's bearable with the drugs I got from my gynaecologist. That you suffered during your experience is wrong. Yes she should have done more to make you comfortable. I hope things are better now
I agree...I had the Novasure Ablation done in June 2010 and a few months later I started having the worst cramps.  I still have my period, it is lighter but the cramps are unbearable....I traded one problem for another.  I never had cramps like this before.  I went to a new doctor and she said that basically I had a failed ablation.  There are those percentages and unfortunately I was one of them.  My new doctor recommends a hysterectomy, leaving my ovaries though...so we will see.  
i had the Novasure Ablation done 5 days ago in the outpatient ward of my local hospital; I am surprised at everything I am reading here; I was completely out and do not remember a thing. When I woke up I felt no pain at all, only the sensation to pee; the nurse insisted i take 2 anti inflammatory pills and 2 perks as she said there would be some cramping to come. I only took one of the perks and left wondering if they had even done anything to me. Later that evening I experienced bad cramping for a few hours; had a hot bath and slept like a baby. I have had no bleeding and just today (day 5) have noticed a VERY small amount of VERY light yellow discharge. I have felt a little bit bloated, however I can imagine some swelling is to be expected until after the uterus has had time to heal. I think perhaps although everyone is different, maybe it is not the procedure that is the problem but maybe the doctor that is doing it? ... I suggest that anyone who is thinking about getting the procedure find out how long your doctor has been doing the ablations for and maybe get a few references.
May 23, 2011.. I had a Huysterecomy, endometrial ambulation, &  D & C .. I had Day Surgery.. I did not wake up with any pain. However, AS the day and night wore on I felt like I had cramps and pain. I have had quite a bit of gas and diarrhea.. We shall see what tomorrow brings.. I have decided to work from home and see how the day goes. Oh FYI... Not sure but do be careful what you eat, And I would suggest very small amounts.
My friend just had this done one week ago and all went well until a few days ago she begn very heavy bleeding. She is anemic and the bleeding gets worse when she gets up or walks anywhere. It's worse than a heavy period, she is soaking through pads and feeling very large gushes (gross I know). I have not read anywhere about the heavy bleeding and her Dr.s seem to disregard it saying it's normal - I've looked all over the internet and can't find any information on that.
I had the ablation procedure yesterday in my OB office as an outpatient visit. I was not asleep and was only given a valium and a shot of ibuprofen. At the start of the procedure, I was given a shot in my cervix with a huge needle. This was excruciating. It was supposed to numb me but did not completely. The entire procedure was painful. I was sent home with Ibuprofen 800mg and Hydrocodone and was not really given any other instructions or advisement other than possible light bleeding, mild cramping, and watery discharge. A couple of hours after getting home, my cramping became so intense that I couldn't do anything but cry. Very similar to labor contractions. The contraction seemed constant and lasted for almost 12 hours. Nothing would relieve the pain. I then began throwing up and did so several times. I was so uncomfortable that I could not rest. I was crying and unable to care for my 2 year old son. Thank God for my wonderful husband. I did not have a lot of bleeding, only severe cramping and horrible low back pain. I called my doctor this morning and she called me in a prescription for nausea which did help me keep the pain medicine down and I finally was able to rest. Despite the procedure being much worse than I anticipated and the post op pain was horrific, I am hopeful the long term effects will be worth it. I am glad to know by reading these posts that I am not alone with the pain that I was having. I thought I had a high pain threshold as I delivered a 10 pound baby with no medication. I guess not! I would strongly encourage anyone considering this procedure to do some research and speak in detail to your physician.
I am 24 hours post op and I have to agree with most of you women who had the Novasure procedure done...waking up after the procedure produced SEVERE cramps for me as well...I was given medication for the pain and medication to offset nausea...within 2 hours I was released to go home and slept for like 4 hours straight...so far I have had no more spotting and no cramping...I have taken 1 of the 30 vicadins my doc prescribed and I am thinking I won't need anymore...My regular period is supposed to start in 4 days so I guess we'll see how things go from here but I am praying this will help minimize my flow and save me some money on tampons and pads...I would have to say for those considering having this done DO NOT OPT TO HAVE IT DONE IN OFFICE!!!!...if you have it done in the hospital they can manage your pain a lot better than in office...they made sure my pain was under control before I left...the doc and hospital staff were amazing...overall I would have to say my experience with Novasure was great!!!
I just had my ablation done 4 days ago and also had a fibroid shaved. I was put out for the surgery at the hospital. When I woke up in recovery I had some cramping but they gave me narcotic to relieve it. I had very light bleeding and it only lasted until that evening. The cramps are not very bad, I am taking 600mg Motrin. I am on day 4 with no bleeding, no discharge and mild cramping. My lower ab/pelvic area is a bit swollen but I am sure this is normal and will go down after uterus heals. I also have endometriosis and adymosis. I had suffered very heavy, clotting periods every 2 weeks for years so I am very happy that I had this surgery. I feel fine today and am expecting to be 100% in a few more days. I have been lying down and not lifting anything. Also have not excercised yet. I want my body to completely heal before doing so. I am sorry so many of you ladies had such a horrible experience but thus far mine has been just fine and I am very pleased.
I had the endometrial ablation done on August 8,2011. It has been the worse thing that I have ever experience. The pain after was unbearable, as with everyone else I was given pain medication in the hospital when I woke up.Upon reaching my home things was great until that friday.I couldn't get out of bed the pain was so great and I was bleeding as if I was getting operated on in my sleep.I thought my body was going through this change due to the procedure that I just had. I than called my physician the following monday because the bleeding got worse.She gave me an appointment to come in to the office for that thursday.She gave me an examination and than she tells me that I have a high uterus and the ablation didn't burn the top of the uterus, so that's why I had all that bleeding.But the doctor said that the bleeding should be less.I wasn't told that the procedure was a success or that the device couldn't reach the top of the uterus in the recovery room???My doctor begin to tell me that I will still have some bleeding and it shouldn't be as much as before. But it was similar to what was happening before without the heavy clots. I still had to change my pad every 45 minutes.Now she want to talk about another procedure. So right now I still have cramping and now with backache.I am miserable.My doctor still says to give it time and have a little hope.
I had my Novasure procedure done about 5 weeks ago, and I have to say I wish I would have had a hysterectomy instead.  Intense pain after the procedure, ended up with a raging bladder infection, and I have the worst constant cramping on the lower right side of my belly.  Awful.  My follow up appointment is tomorrow and I am definitely going to tell my doctor that this procedure *****.
I had the Novasure Ablation in Sept 2010, at the age of 46. No medical issues at all, except for heavy, long lasting periods.  I bled/had a discharge, requiring a pantyliner, every single day, and had a backache, and pain in my tailbone,  for 4 months straight, until my GYN put me on hormone therapy for 30 days. 30 days estrogen plus 14 days of progesterone the second half of the month. The bleeding stopped after that, but as of 7 days ago, a year since the procedure,  I have started bleeding, again, nonstop, and having cramps, pressure, bloating, and a dull burning ache in my right side, requiring using something beyond a pantyliner.
Had I known what "could" happen, or that it could fail, I would not have chosen to have the Novasure Ablation procedure done. PLEASE, check all the facts, and read as many message boards as you can before going ahead with this procedure.
I am 35 years old and had the novasure done today and i woke up with the worse pain in my life . i had 3 surgerys in the past and they hurt but nothing like this i was doubled over in pain. the nurse looked at me like i was crazy and set their while i was in pain telling me i should not be hurting this bad . all he sent me home with was over the counter mortrin. all the meds they gave my at hospital never ever touched the pain . so my mom gave me a pain patch and i can actually walk now till tomorrow .
I had the NovaSure procedure, a D&C and a Hystereoscopy done on the 23rd of September 2011. I can't say that it didn't hurt, and that I was all grins and huge smiles like the ladies in their stupid brochure. This thing seems to be working, although, I am still hurting. Cramping on the right side, is worse than on the left. I too, suffered from a heavy menstrual bleeding condition called menometroagghia. I have been batteling this condition for 16 years nearly, and wishing they would just take the whole uterus out. My surgeon does not want to take out my whole uterus, and told me flat out that he would not perform the surgery. I told him that if I let him do this NovaSure procedure that on the off chance this doesn't work, that he is going to take it out. He agreed. Here is what I can tell you about my recovery and personal experience with this procedure at nearing a week into recovery time...
1.) severe pain in the hospital after waking up from the anesthesia. nurse was a jerk, and when I did wake up they were taking the tubes from my throat, and what not, I felt clear headed, and let her know I had to go pee. She told me that I didn't have to pee, because she just took a cathedar out of me. I told her for 15 mins that I had to pee, and she insisted I didn't, but finally took me into the bathroom after tossing me a bed pan, and telling me to balance on this little tiny chamber pot, I think was actually a puke bin! and to "go". I told her to "GO and get me her supervisor, and that I would ask them to take me to the potty instead." This got her moving. I did pee. If you have to pee, keep insisting, ladies. The post operation nurse team seems to think they have all the answers, and the way I told them is that "I've had a bladder for 31 years, and I am more than certain that I know how to operate it." Insistance is key ladies. As for the pain: It hurt yah, I walked like a little old lady. But I got where I was going, and mission accomplished. By god they were not going to keep me there with nurse wench face any longer! Drink, hold down crackers - Check. On my way home a half hour later. I will bet they were never so happy to see someone leave ;) <3. Their little 2 tablets of vicodin did nothing for me. I'm wondering if they didn't give me some placebo crap instead. A few hours later, I took some of the Vicodin that they gave me from my obgyn office. Apparently my surgeon has a habit of not prescribing stuff for pain afterwards. (I didnt have that problem with him though, so I ended up with two vicodin scripts.)
I puked in the Mcdonalds parking lot on the way home, from surgery, and I felt better instantly.
2.) This procedure is painful. Ask them to knock you out. Do not fall for the  in and out 90 seconds and everyones awake and smiling crap. This is something that hurts, and I reccomend they knock you out. I was fortunate that I was knocked out, cept for the anethesia *****. But its better than being awake and nervous.
3.) I'm still sore at nearly a week later. I am not taking the vicodin anymore, because I feel that I'm gonna have to not rely on those if I want this to be over faster. Stopped yesterday at 5 days into recovery. Today I feel pukey, and look a bit pale. Been having bouts of Diahhrea for 2 days now. Will see what happens at 7 days to the T.
4.) Would I do this procedure and reccomend it to someone? I don't think I would want to suffer this again, but just remember a hystorectomy is 6-8 weeks to recovery. I don't think I'd be here chatting if I had gotten one of those. I still might need one, we will see. As for reccomending it I think you should know you can be knocked out, and are allowed to ask how many they have performed. if it's anywhere below 25 I'd opt for another doctor.
5.) appetite is not really there. feel like I am a kangaroo with a pouch full of high heels in my belly ;) Healing still, so I guess we will see what happens.
Wishing you all the best,
Meli
Got Novasure ablation 3 days ago.  My main problem is that I have very bad low back pain with spasms.  The cramping is there, too, but not as bad as when I first woke up in recovery (those felt like contractions).

I had to call the doctor yesterday because the vicodin and 600mg Ibuprofen weren't helping.  He told me to double the vicodin dose and also to stagger the vicodin and ibuprofen doses. It seems to be helping with the pain more but now I'm getting low on the vicodin!  The doctor will write me another script for something tomorrow (a Monday) for sure but I was hoping to feel better by then and work this week.  Now, I am not so sure.

I have hardly any discharge at all.  Oh, and at the same time as ablation I got laproscopic surgery to remove bilateral ovarian cysts and to clear up any adhesions that he saw.

Finally, if I didn't check this site I would have thought my lower back pain (cocyx bone, pelvis and hips) was not related because the back pain started the night before surgery.  HOWEVER, I think that pain started because I was due for my very irregular period.  Then the procedure and its accompanying swelling caused the back to get worse.  I'm hopeful that when the swelling goes away I will be ok.  Crossing my fingers!

Good luck to all!
I have a 3 part procedure (D&C, hysteroscopy, endometrial ablation) done on 10-7-11 (5 days ago).  I was so used to horrible menstrual cramps for over 20 years that when the blogs I read online talked about recovery consisting of bad cramps, I was prepared for the worst.  However, I am so very happy to say that other than very mild cramps for the first 6-8 hours (controlled w/ibuprofin), I have been 100% cramp/blood free.  By the next morning it was hard to believe I had anything done at all.  In the last 5 days, I have had slight pink when going to the restroom..maybe 4 times? I had dinner plans for the following night and was able to keep my plans, go out and even had a few drinks (I was not taking presc meds!) I downloaded a journal app for my ipad to start tracking my recovery for a few friends who are using me as a guinea pig..lol  So far, I couldn't be more pleased with my results.  Also, the fact that my doctor is amazing and the hospital facility I went to were great!  Some women have had bad experiences b/c of crappy hospitals/nurses/doctors.  This was not the case for me, so I am all smiles. =)  By the way, I am 33 years old and have 3 children.
I believe what I had about 14 months ago was the balloon ablation, because he mentioned something about putting a balloon in there and it slowly burning the lining.. I had some burning pain for about a week afterwards. But he gave me an option as to which ablation I wanted, one that just lessoned my periods or stopped them completely, well since the experience I have had with bleeding in past I chose the stopped ones... I still 14 months later have yet to stop spotting and cramping. True sometimes I'll go about 2 months with nothing but then ill cramp and spot sometimes to where I need a pad. This month however the cramping didnt stop after the first day like it always does, 3 days later I am still cramping and feeling awful.. I had my surgery done through same hospitial company that did my gall bladder 15 years ago and they messed that one up too.. I think I see a pattern here hmmmm... i have no way to the doctors right now to get retested.. when i told him at my my checkup, he said if it dont stop completely soon then he would recommend the hystrectomy.. I havent went back yet cause I am not sure I want that done....
I had my ablasion 3 days ago, age 44, 3 week periods. All went very well. Was put to sleep, doc said it would be to painful for me because I've never had children. Woke up without pain, had some cramping a few hours later, but nothing to cry about. Very little bleeding, some watery discharge for a couple of days, not a big deal at all. No pain second day, but today I've had some discomfort, doesn't feel like cramps, feels more like spasms, not very painful but not painless. Not sure whats happening, period time is close, that could be it or it's just side effects of the healing process. So far a great experience. Just remember everyone is different and some doctors are better than others.
I had NovaSure done about a year ago.  My doctor made it sound like it was no big deal and like a miracle cure.  It was not what I expected.  The recovery was awful and I was in terrrible pain for days. ( I had it done due to heavy bleeding and which caused severe anemia and the need for iron infusions every year.)  The cramping got worse with each month after having the procedure and I began to spot almost everyday.  Now the pain has become so bad that it brings me to my knees in tears.  I thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room yesterday.  I called my doctor and she said the procedure had failed for me and my only option now is to have a hysterectomy.  I really don't want to have a hysterectomy and am going to get a second opinion and check into any other alternatives.  I would never ever recommend this procedure to anyone.  
I also had the novasure done about 3 years ago and I am also experiencing the cramps. Do they ever go away? I was told the cramps would be minor and would go away over time. But I didn't have any cramps after the procedure until just recently. What the heck? I have made an appointment with my Dr. and I guess I will see then.
i had balloon ablation, hystescopy and d+c...i have dad four large babies and the pain i experienced when i woke up was excrutiating..they loaded me up with pain meds and nothing except the final dose of demerol even touched the pain...honestly...it is day five, the cramping has not been that bad..just leaking a clearish fluid...but feeling nausous off and on...it disturbs me that all docs say we will be back to our old selves in a couple of days...i have a very high threshold for pain...and am fit ...but this has knocked me on my butt...i have not had to take the naproxen or percocets that they gave me...i just want my energy to return and feel normal again...
I had Novasure done on April 2, 2010. I had it done because I had such heavy periods, it made me anemic. I was soaking pads every hour and unless I had to go to work (and then at work, I always had a change of clothes because of the many accidents), I would stay home.  It seem after the birth of each of my girls, my periods had gotten heavier and heavier.  I was tired and felt I couldn't go on living with such heavy bleedings so after 10 years of dealing with the situation,  I went to my OBGYN for a hysterectomy.  She gave me all the information, but also gave me other alternatives that I can read about.  After reading all the alternates, I opted for the Novasure.  I was told the procedure would probably just give me lighter periods, which is I said I could live with a normal period.  After the procedure was done, I was in so much pain, it was hard to get rid off.  Being allergic to Percocet, I was only given Ibuprofen.  The first night was pretty painful and nothing seem to take it away, and the next couple of days,  I was still feeling cramps but not as bad as the first night. I was able to go back to work 4 days later.  My first period was just spotting - very light spotting and so me cramping. After that, my periods were  just a few spots or nothing at all. It was such a relief. Some cycles I still feel the cramps - and some are strong cramps, and I aslo experience headaches but no periods or just a few spots, and trust me, I can deal with the cramps for a few hours. It's much better to have to deal with the hoover dam periods I felt I had to live with until I reached menopause. I am 47 years old and I have read of others having to repead the procedure, which I have said I would not mind repeating if it would stop the heavy period if they come back. I am sorry to hear many had bad experiences. Unfortunately, that is the case with any procedure. Every woman is different. And I hated to read that the nurses were not sympathetic to what some of you experiencing after the ablation.  I had a friend who opted for a hysterectomy just because she didn't want to risk having to deal with the heavy periods again.  She is happy not to be living with the nightmarish periods she also had to deal with at one time.
Hi, I am having the same problems you describe.  I had my procedure in March 2011.  Up until last month, it was great, no periods, no pms, no cramping.  Then last month cramping, then a very very light period.  This month, I have had cramping now for 5 days.  It comes and goes, and sometimes it is so bad I cannot stand up.  No bleeding at all.  What happened in your situation?  Did it continue, or go away, or did you have to have the procedure done again?
I had a novasure ablation done with hystroscopy on the 10th of January. The first couple of days were bearable but since day 3 I still have the most horrible lower back pain. I've been back to the consultant who thought I could have an infection and put me on antibiotics. He didn't think it was anything to do with the proceedure. I dissagree. I've also seen the gp and although he was sympathetic I was made to feel like I was making a fuss over nothing and I was basically imagining it. The pain feel a lot like my 'backache' labour I had with my son. Still have a pink/brown discharge which is what I expected but he continious pain is getting me down. Hoping things will improve soon as its my birthday today and I couldn't feel less like celebrating
I had a similar experience, I am on day 4 and I feel great! Severe cramps the first day, took my meds and woke up the next day feeling so good.
I had the procedure done Monday 30th January 2012. Same reasons as others on here..heavy, painful periods, plus I had a growth in my uterus and endometrial cells in my cervix. No results back on growth yet, but doc is confident the procedure will clear out anything that was about to turn nasty!
Same deal as you - the pain on wakening was so intense! Felt like labour pains. I was vomiting, sweating and nothing seemed to stop it. I was admitted over night and the drip of tremadol and panadol finally helped. Home now with panadeine and panadeine forte but it was only by day 3 that I felt able to move around. Its now Friday and pain still present. Nowhere near as bad, but still cramping and uncomfortable - eases with panadeine. I thought it would be over by second day - so am glad to read I am quite normal - especially as it appears right side is common to be most painful? Not sure why? The nurses were great and did tell me the doctors often down play the recovery of this operation. Not as quick as one would think! I now just have to wait and see what happens I guess - fingers crossed !
Have them check out Ur ilinguinal nerve. It comes from the back around the hips to the groin. I am going for my 2nd nerve block n maybe an ablation. My symptoms have been opposite of yours. Bad groin pain with even worse pain with my cycle. I'm seeing dr. Hibner at st. Josephs in Phoenix az. They r wonderful. They treat chronic pelvic pain.
No sexual side efffects.  But, I will tell you, that there are complications to be considered.  If your endometrium is scarred, there is no where for the blood to go and the uterus becomes engorged.  

I had the procedure performed in April of 2011.  Prior to that, I had two C-Sections and a tubal ligation.  I still bleed somewhat, spotting is not regular, and the pain is 10x worse than before.  The pain starts about two days before my "active" cycle, and is so great it feels like I am being stabbed, I cannot complete a day of work, and I get a sudden onset of nausea, along with gagging in response to the pain.

I would consider having an ablation only under the most extreme case of bleeding.
I am scheduled to have the ablation done Friday..my PA I work under is the one who recommended it..She had it two years ago and other than mild cramping after the procedure, she was fine and no period since then...I have severe cramps and bleeding and I am in clinicals so a hysterectomy at this time is not an option..They have made me comfortable about the procedure but now I am worried.
I had my procedure done today. When I woke up from the procedure I was fine..I used the bathroom and the cramps started. They was really painful. I slept most of the day away with the help of pain meds and I am feeling 95% better. No bleeding so far. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better!!
Please bear in mind, that only around 10% of women under-going this procedure experience further complications, usually happening within on year.

Ablation is an alternative to a hysterectomy.  Simply, sometimes they do not work.  Once a woman has passed this step, there is no option but to have a hysterectomy because of scarring and pain.  Also, this procedure is not reccommended for woman who have a history of C-sections or Tubal ligations.  I hope the procedure is effective for you!
I had the balloon ablation done in feb 2011 after suffering heavy periods, I was told I could not be asleep because of other medical conditions which I argued against but lost.   I was give tablets etc and told I would feel no pain, the procedure was so painful that giving birth to my two kids was easier, after the ablation I was so spaced out thank god my daughter was with me as it was done in hospital,   it took me 3 days to recover  I had a few months of only very light spotting for my period. But then everything changed my heavy periods returned along with very sharp intense pains which my doctor told me was part of the course, so now one year on I am going to see another doctor and I hope the will understand what I am telling them.
I had a therms choice ablation 8 days ago. Pain wise after was not pleasant but after a few extra doses of morphine I was sent home. The first 2 days I slept through most of the pain, and now, 6 days later the pain is like constant period pain although it's a lesser pain than I would have from a period it's been constant for 8 days now. My worry is the amount of times I need a wee! And long ones too.. I never been for a pee so much in my life! And I am constipated too although I do have ibs (irratable bowel syndrome).. I havent been out the house since and feel a bit down and feel like I don't want to do Anything or go anywhere.. I'm not eating am losing weight but have a bloated stomach full of wind that pains me too.. I know in the long run its for the best but right now I hurt and am miserable... And from reading some others I'm relieved I'm not alone x
I had a thermachoice ablation 8 days ago. Pain wise after was not pleasant but after a few extra doses of morphine I was sent home. The first 2 days I slept through most of the pain, and now, 6 days later the pain is like constant period pain although it's a lesser pain than I would have from a period it's been constant for 8 days now. My worry is the amount of times I need a wee! And long ones too.. I never been for a pee so much in my life! And I am constipated too although I do have ibs (irratable bowel syndrome).. I havent been out the house since and feel a bit down and feel like I don't want to do Anything or go anywhere.. I'm not eating am losing weight but have a bloated stomach full of wind that pains me too.. I know in the long run its for the best but right now I hurt and am miserable... And from reading some others I'm relieved I'm not alone x
I have had the same issues. No one can tell me why and I am about 90% sure that it is from the endometrial ablation. Nothing takes the pain away from my monthly pain. I am on extensive pain meds and it still does not cover the pain entirely. Have you had any changes since then?
I too have experienced extreme cramping during my periods and in 2006, started bleeding all of the time. I was put on birth control to resolve the issue but nothing changed so I decided to have a D&C. They gave me Demerol before putting me to sleep, which didn't bring any relief whatsoever and so I cried until the lights went out. I was giddy when I woke up because I no longer had any pain...none. The nurse told me she'd never seen anyone act the way I did after having a procedure done. I had zero pain and felt great!! Unfortunately, I still bled so they finally took me off of birth control and the bleeding stopped. Years went by and I didn't experience any other issues until around 2011, when my periods started becoming increasingly more painful. However, I was not experiencing any bleeding in between. I had an Ablation done on July 12, 2012, thinking everything would go smoothly, just like the D&C. I couldn't have been more wrong. I bled for a month and have been cramping ever since...the cramping is extreme!!! In my lifetime, I've only refilled a prescription for pain medicine once, when I had my 4 wisdom teeth chiseled out (and that was only 1 refill) BUT now, every single time I run out of pain medicine, I feel completely miserable. Nothing else seems to help me. I've tried stretching, lying in the tub and on heating pads. I'm popping Motrin 800 like its candy and am now on muscle relaxers. I CAN'T STAND IT!!! The pain is in my lower abdomen and runs all the way down my legs to the bottom of my feet, hurting even more in my knees. My doctor doesn't know what's going on (I certainly don't) and is starting to make me feel like I'm just wanting pain meds even though I've never had an issue with pain meds before. I don't know what to do and am now wishing I never had the surgery to begin with; at least before, the pain was once a month but now, it's ongoing. I used to be active...played tennis, went to the lake, worked out, etc...now, I don't feel like doing anything except curling up in a ball BUT even that doesn't work. Suggestions?
I want a hysterectomy, now!   Left side stabbing, excruciating pain every month.  I had novasure 2 years ago.  I can't take the pain.  Nothing helps.  I just roll on the bed and moan every month for 3 days straight.  I had open heart sugery and a ruptured colon and NEITHER hurt like this!!  Do not get this procedure, it's not worth the risk.  And oh, after 6 months I had my period again.
I had the novasure,hysteropsy,and a biopsy on a discovered leison,had it done 2weeks ago,still getting achy feeling in my legs and still passing a browny discharge,the dr said I also had a cyst blocking my womb entrance,really worried about the results of biopsy,and im starting to feel abit nerotic,should of gone back to uni today,but just feel tired and achy still,is this normal:|x
I had NovaSure Endometrial Ablation done over a year ago. I had no pain after the surgery and even went home and did laundry after a few hours over rest. My surgery was done in the Hospital and I was knocked out for it. Took about 30 minutes. I do get very light spotting every 4-6 months for about 2-3 days but the cramps are so painful! Honestly even with the cramps Id still have the surgery again knowing what I know now. Not having a period is wonderful. Im very sorry that so many of you had such a negative experience with the procedure. My experience hasn't been bad at all...just very crampy when Im suppose to have my period. Which is relieved with Tylenol and a heating pad.
Hi.
I had the Endometral Ablation & Hysteroscopy Procedure carried out on the 2nd Sept, due to suffering from very heavy periods, I was in a side ward with 5 others, I was 4th to go down all the ladies in front of me were away for 30min's, I remember looking at the Clock as I went through for my Procedure, when I woke I had actually been away from the ward for 1.5hrs.
I was allowed to go home within 2hrs after having a drink/something to eat & a wee.
When I got home I felt groggy due to the Anesethetic (I had a General) & THEN THE PAIN STARTED....I have been to see my GP who thinks possibly I have an Infection, he prescribed Antibiotics, but the Pain is so intense radiating from centre of my stomach to my right side(I actually thought at1 time I had Appendisitis)
I had a watery / pinky loss for 10days, but this has now turned into a Period, albeit not with the Clots as I had previously, I am now day 15 PostOp & wondering if I will ever feel 'normal'
The pain is still there, as already posted this is worse than 'Labour'
Not sure I would Recommend it to others, however feeling 'Positive' that in the coming months it would have been worth it....  
Hi DixieM, I too am considering this procedure and have read lots of Interesting comments.  Only one regarding sexual activity.  I read your comment about everything turning out just fine for you in this area after the ablation.  I was told it could take from 2 to 6 weeks to resume sexual activity.  Is this accurate In your situation?  Thanks
I had a novasure ablation 8 weeks ago DO NOT HAVE THIS after it I had to be readmitted because of blood infection.  I bled for 5 weeks, I also had severe discomfort the pain.  Now today/ last night I've felt intense pain like period pain but worse.  I'm on Warfarin and have a disability my husband has been wonderful.  I had the embarrassment of my mum having to put a nappy type thing on me horrendous
I had mine 4 days ago. My husband has kept me in bed until today. The pain after surgery was horrible and I had 3 shots of morphine and I am only 96 lbs. My 3rd day I also had back pain, legs and right hand swollen and pain on right side. Today I have same symptoms but pain in abdomen has also started on the left side. I was put completely under because my cervix is closed, my uterus is upside down and has now fallen. I have a wonderful doctor that listens and said we will probably look into hysterectomy. This has been a frustrating experience and I hope that all of you can find understanding doctors.
Hi,after suffering very heavy painful periods,i lost so much blood in the first few months of 2014 i needed 2 blood transfusions,my gynae suggested uterine ablation and  on the 27/06/14 i had the op thinking this would solve all my problems,oh no my periods had other ideas,I have been unable to go out without some sort of pad ever since,by the september by blood count was so low after such heavy periods i was using 2 night time pads every 1/2 an hour,after visiting my GP she sent me back to the gynae,who informed me i now needed a hysterectomy which i'm having in 16 days, i hope this will finally sort things out.
Sorry to hear of you ladies scheduled for hysterectomies due to ablation side effects despite ablation being sold as a hysterectomy alternative. I had a hysterectomy and it has been a hellish road. I hope you fare better.
Yes! I am having the same problem. I hurt so bad in my lower back that I cannot do my daily routines. I also have cramping so severe that all of this is interfering with my life. I am my moms caregiver and it makes it hard on me to give her a bath. I had MRI of my back and I have mild problems starting but the Nero said it should not cause me to have severe back pain like I have been having. I have always been an active person so this is causing more depression for me.
I have that same problem and I have been just bearing the pain until I can see a doctor. Has happened for the past year but no one could find anything. Period has come on about five times this past six months...
I had an ablation  five days ago and feel the same way. I woke up in pain and have episodes  of severe  pain and bouts of crying daily.  I am 49 and have 3 kids. Trying to find similarities.
I was thinking about having this procedure done also. I read it can be done in the office. Was yours? Did your doc say anything about when you could have intercourse? A lot of the bad comments that scare me are from years ago and I wanted to get advice from someone who recently had the procedure done.

Hello my procedar was done in office. They will tell u when u can have intercourse.I would recommend  this surgery too anyone.
Just had mine yesterday and am having severe cramping they gave me 5 percs and refuse to give me any more but due to bypass surgery I can&#39;t take nsaids... I was told I should only have minimal cramping but this is worse then my 3 csections and I was worried if this is normal....minimal bleeding tho
Hello. I am 34 and have 2 children. I had the ablation yesterday afternoon. My doctor told me the pain would be minimal and I could return to work in 2 days. Well post op was severe cramping and pain. Exactly like after birth. I have vicodin and 800 motrin. The bloating in my stomach is bad. It feels like 4 months pregnancy. I was up all night sick and in severe pain. I had to give myself an enema to try to relieve some bloating and it helped. But I will not be going to work for 6 days per the doc and cannot leave the house lik I had hoped. I wasnt properly informed of the down time I feel. The pain is much worse than I anticipated and I hope this was worth it. Also noticed hemorrhoids this am and never had them but after birth!!!! This was way worse than the doctor described. I ddont feel he gave me realistic expectation preperation. But then again he is very clinical and unsympathetic toward woman so I should have guessed this might be the case. So far Im regretting this. Also having burning and trouble urinating which was never listed as a side effect. Please think this procedure through!! Weigh the pros and cons and I would suggest talking with others who had it, and seeing more than one doctor.
Hi sorry  your going thru all that pain and discomfort.  I had mine done April 30 2015 didn't have any bloating no cramping went too my sister n laws cabin the next day. Did u try pamperin for cramps? Hope u feel better  soon. If u live any where around Dubuque Ia I recommend  Finely hospital.