cramps without period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-245 comments:
Hi, I am worried i might be pregnant my menstrual comes on every 26 to 27th day and this is the 27th day since my last menstrual and i am experiencing cramping and when i eat something i get like a full feeling in my upper stomach. What shall i do ?
I had missed my period and about to miss this one now and have common cramps morely at night. My lower abdomen hurts when I press on it. I went to the doctor to take a urine test but I drank so much water that it was diluted and was barely lighter than clear water which must have given it a false negative. I am going to test again on the 1st because I will be over 14 days late. I have some symptoms like lower back pain,eating alot more but also getting a little nausea.I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I dont want to take a million more HPT if I dont have. I am hoping that when I go to the doctor on the 14th the test will come out positive as long as I dont drink too much before I take the test.Anyone have this and found out they were indeed pregnant
I'm having these exact pains! I'm on the pill but was on antibiotics for my kidney and UTI infection, ive had pain from that but for the past three days I've had severe cramping like period pains, I never get these only the day my period comes usually depending how bad my flow is. But pain killers will not dull it down and a hot water bottle only kills it for a bit :( My period is due next week and several times last month I've had unprotected sex, I had a pregnancy test a few days ago and was negative, someone please tell me what's going on as its Freaking me out and all other sites are very unhelpful x x
Ok. It's been 2 weeks since the day i had sex. I've been cramping for almost a week now and absolutely no sign of a period. i'm also 3 days late on my period. My friend said i'm just being paranoid. Could i be pregnant?? I'm not having any other early pregnancy signs. Just the cramping. Should i take a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side and make sure?
Hey,
I'm experiening the same as some of the women on here, i am 12 days late for my period, i have been having period pains for about the last week and a half, feeling as if its going to come but nothing happens. I did a HPT a week ago but it came back negetive, have now got really sore and tender breasts! i think maybe i could be pregnant, what does anyone else think, should i wait and do another test or should i get myself to the doctor? I would be greatful for any advice?
I have had the same thing for the past two months. I have been to two different doctors now, and both did blood work which came back negative. Since I am going through the same thing I would say to just save your money ( from seeing the doc) for a few more weeks. Unless the cramps get to be too bad, then I would def see a doc. In a few weeks if you see a doc you might ask to have an ultrasound done, if your insurance will cover it. Because if its in there IT will show up on an ultrasound.
   I am going next week for one. Also, I was told that if you think that you are pregnant then you should act like it. Dont carry heavy things. Dont try to overdo anything. Also if you wanted you could start taking prenatals. Its just vitamins so it wont hurt you if you arent. Sorry but thats all I can say. Good luck though
I'm 16 years old and I've been taking the Pill for a little over a year because I had bad acne. I was 12 when I got my first period, and for that whole week, I was in agony. After that, it got easier, but I was still in a lot of pain. When I started taking the Pill, I still had bad pain, but I could take painkillers and be fine. Well, for the past 4 months, I have been having severe stomach cramps like period pain in my lower abdomen, despite being on the Pill. This pain has been so bad that on more than one occasion I have been screaming and crawling because I can't walk. I have been to the GP more times than I can count. At first, he thought it was IBS, so I was put on a wheat-free and dairy-free diet for about 8 weeks and given more pills and tablets to take than I can count. I had blood tests and dairy tests and wheat tests but they all came back negative, though he told me to still keep on the diet. However, this didn't work, and when I told him how the pain was more severe a few days before my period, he said that he now thought it was endometriosis. I was placed on a different set of pills and told to monitor the pain, all the while keeping my Pill back-to-back, so I never had a period, to see if this helped with the pain. So I did. About 3 weeks ago, I was suddenly struck out of the blue with the most severe cramps yet. They were so bad I was screaming and sobbing in agony. My mum took one look at me and took us both to A&E. There, I was given morphine and kept over two nights, being given co-codamel every four hours. When we saw the specalist nurse, she told us that she didn't think that it was endometriosis, but more likely a cyst on my ovaries, since I was so young. However, when I had a scan last week, it showed my ovaries, my womb and my kidneys were all fine. The same specalist nurse then told us that I should keep on the Pill, and if I got the same pain again, I should have co-codamel and anti-inflammatries for three days straight to keep the pain managable; and if this didn't work to return to A&E. I should also try and avoid dairy for the time being. Unfortunately, the co-codamels and the anti-inflammatries make me constipated, so I weaned myself off them and have been fine for a few days, until now. Since yesterday morning and today, I have been experiencing the same cramps, though the pain hasn't just been to limited to my lower abdomen; after the cramps, I get a lingering pain in the rest of my stomach, as well as gas and the need to use my bowels. Yesterday's cramps weren't so bad, but today's woke me up in the early hours of the morning and have been on and off since then. About an hour ago, I had the worst ones of the two days. I took ibuprofen about two hours ago, but it barely took the edge off, and so I have just had co-codamel and a hot water bottle. I now feel sick and like my stomach is churning. Because of this pain, I am too terrified to leave the house in case I get cramps, which is awful because I'm starting school next week. I can't continue like this. I don't know what to do. My family and I are at the end of our tether. Does anybody have any advice about what I should do, regardless if you've had this type of pain or not? Please, I really need some help. Thank you. xxx
I am super late with my period. I've been having horrible cramping pains, feeling like I would start but I don't. I've been constipated and feeling very, very sick recently.  Currently I am a different kind of sick, as in runny nose and sore throat, lots of headaches, feeling like I'm going to throw up at night. I really need help. I don't have insurance so I'm scared to go to the doctor, and my pain is all over my stomach and in my back and neck.  
I am in my early 30ies and i have never been pregnant. My period is about 3 weeks late. My husband and i have been trying to get pregnant but after a while we stopped trying. My doctor told me that there are a million explanations for a late period and if you really want to get pregant you actually start feeling pregnant and have all the signs and symptoms even when the test is negative. The only way you can ease your mind is to take the test and if it turns out negative then you know for sure. Like  a lot of  people on this forum, i am scared to take the test because i dont think i can handle another disappointment. Goodluck
Hi all
I am currently on the pill,but have skipped a day or two! I have had serve breast tenderness and bad cramping 3wks before my period! I am in denial. Is this common! Or could it be something besides pregnancy!  Please advise, thanks, tash
I have been having period like cramps for about two weeks. But my period isn't due for another 11 days.does anyone have any idea what these cramps are.........
Good day Ladies,

I am using Yaz contraceptives, 24 active tablets and four inactive placebo tablets.
My husband and I had sex (using a condom too but broke / tore) on the 16th, the day I  drank the last active tablet of the pack.
The following day I was supposed to be drinking the first of the four inactive ones.
My pharmacist recommended that I should drink active tablets for the following three days and then move back to the inactive tablets, which I did on Tuesday.
Just anxious whether I may be pregnant or not?

I will appreciate your opinions and experiences.

Good day Ladies,

I'm in the same boat as you. I am 5 days late for my period. i have taken a PT test which was negative but i am getting cramps like my period is going to start then it goes away. Me and my partner desperately want to get pregnant so its very fustrating. I know you wrote this a week or so ago so have you had any joy?
i have cramps but i dont see my period does this possibly mean i can be prgnant? my perios (periods) is late also?
A lot of the time, even if you don't see anything on a scan, you can still have a cyst. Sometimes they're so small, they can only be seen with a vaginal ultrasound (uncomfortable, but the results are worth it). Don't give up! See someone else if you don't get any results. Some doctors are better than others when looking for things. Believe it or not, there ARE uneducated medical professionals out there. I had a cyst when I was 18 & it was the most miserable I have EVER felt!! Luckily, my doctor was the same one who delivered me when I was born & he was very knowledgeable. With the imaging tecjnology we have today, someone should be able to give you some answers. BTW: if you have to take painkillers & get constipated, either use a suppository or an enema every so often to keep from a potentially life threatning obstruction. I take painkillers & have for the past 3+ yrs. & even though my body is used to them, I still have that problem every so often. You're failr young & from your post, it sounds like you don't live in the US. I don't know much about foreign doctors or what kind of medical services you have, but when one person doesn't seem to get any answers, move on to someone else. What one person doesn't see, someone else will. Good luck to you & I hope you get some answers so you will feel better!
ive been having severe pains in the bone of my vigina (vagina) for a really long time now ind idk what to do cuz i still havent started menstrating and its hurts realllllly bad. and help??
My husband and I are TTC since Oct 7, 2011 which was the first day of my LMP. We had sex till 18th day of my cycle on alternate days. Now I am due on nov, 7th or 8th. I felt cramps 2 days ago as if  i was about to have my period. My breasts are tender but they mostly are before my period too. So, I did a pregnancy test yesterday on 27th day of my cycle and it came out neg. I am very disappointed as I was really hoping to get pregnant. I have had 2 medical abortions about 3 years ago and I am 28. I am very worried. Could I still be pregnant even with a neg HPT??? Please help!
Ahh sorry to tell you, but "pulling out" has no contraceptive effect at all, pre *** can, and most of the times, does contain sperm, hope you're not pregnant!
im 17 and worried. so its been 46 days since i took plan b pill and 2 days before i had unprotected sex since then till now i havent started my period but i have been cramping as if i am going to start it but its been like this for a week already ? i wanna know if im pregnat or not ?
My last period was october 7th. My boyfriend and I had sex the 15 and 16th. On the 19th I started what I thought was a second period. It was a lot lighter and only last three days. However heavier then spotting should be. Although only only showing when I whipe. Now it's November 9th a week after my periodj is due and I still haven't started.
Two hpts came back negative.
My nipples hurt and are swollen.
Lower abdominal pains
Tired and always hungry.
Please help!
I had cramping (period like pains) in the past week. late period so I decided to take hpt. They turned out positive. I missed one or two birth control pills. Hmm doctors appt on Thursday :( don't even know how to tell my boyfriend
Umm basically i had my last period on the 16th of october and it hasn't come yet :/ they haven't beeen this late before :( my boyfriend and i have had unprotected sex between now and then but i have an IUD and we didn't have sex during my ovulation time but over this last week when i was supposed to be menstruating i have a had slight cramps ever so often :/ i dont know if i pregnant but i really hope this is due to my weight as i am 5ft 10 and barely 9 stones can anyone help ??
I haven't had a period since October 18 I have taken 2 HPT and even went to the Emergency Room and all the test are negative but still no period and it's going on a week. My breast are swollen and I'm having mild period cramps but still no period what should I do
I Got Off Of Birth Control On October 22 & I Have Been On And Off Birth Control For A Couple Of Years, But When I Would Stop Taking The Pills I Would Always Get My Period Almost Immediately. This Time I Stopped Taking Them I Have Not Had A Period Since. I Have Period-Like Cramps Every Day But No Period, Just Clear Discharge. I Took A Test On The 22nd But It Came Up Negative. So i Called My Doctor & She Said I May Not Have My Period Because My Body Is Getting Back To It's Normal Cycle. But I'm Convinced I May Be Pregnant. I Think It Was Too Soon To Take The HPT. She Told Me To Wait Another 2 Weeks & If I Still Haven't Gotten My Period Then, Take Another Test. That Will Be Dec. 7th & I Will Be Almost 6 Weeks Pregnant By Then. I Hate Waiting... ):
Okay, so I am 17 and worried that I am pregnant.. because i have had unprotected sex with my bf.. I am having pains in my lower abdomen, a thicker milky discharge, heat flashes, frequent urination, and feeling nausea at random times.. could i be pregnant? HELPPP!!
Well I'm experiencing that now, but I can remember my last period mine don't always land on the same day, and my symptoms are cramps, dizziness, tired, and some smells seem to bug me idk what to do should I get a blood test or HPT
Hi ,  

i had my last period NOV 24th , and it's now JANUARY 2nd and still NO PERIOD . me and my bf have had unprotected sex since DECEMBER 3rd and it happened like 2 to 3 times a day up until this day . eversince our first time , i've been feelinq sick . nauseated , headaches , fatique , mood swinqs , crampinq but no blood , sore breast , frequent urination , and i eat a whole lot now . i really do think im preqnant but im scared to take a pregnancy test cause this has happened before and it was NEGATIVE . i don't want to be upset seeing tht aqain and idk if it's too early to tell or what . BUT , if i am preqnant HOW FAR ALONG AM I ? .. i searched the Internet and it said 5 weeks and 4 days but is that possible since we only had sex for like a month and he's the only one i had sex with . i went a few months without before him . HELP PLEASE ?!
Hi, I'm a 30 year old female. I am NOT pregnant. I have a history of having pretty severe menstrual cramps during my period. But the last couple of months I've been experiencing pretty constant menstrual-like cramping no matter what time of the month it is. These cramps feel much less severe than the cramps that I get on the first day of my period. But they are still bothersome, and more so they're beginning to concern me. I don't understand why I suddenly always feel like I'm about to start my period at any moment, even when it's not due. So far, I haven't had any unwarranted bleeding. Nor has my flow changed when my period actually arrives.

I've tried to look online for some answers, but everything that comes up is about pregnant women experiencing this. I am absolutely NOT pregnant. So has anyone experienced symptoms like this? Is it some sort of early menopause symptom?? Am I going to need a hysterectomy??

Thanks in advance for tales of experience, etc.
cramping and feeling very sick to my stomach ...... could i be pregnant

i am diabetic currently taking byetta, metformin and gliclacide.. some of the side affects match up to early signs of pregnancy!? but its never felt so strong before {if that makes any sense)

My period is two days late an I'm cramping like its comeing its only one day left in this mounth can I be pregan we have been trying for the last two years didn't take a test yet
My period was due on the 28 an didn't come I'm haveing cramps like period is comeing but its one day left in jan to day is the 30 can I be pregan
My period is late and i have back pains and horrible cramps,  however i also feel like i have the flu, could being sick mess me up?
Try it again i am sure you are pregnant.take a preg test when you wake up in the morning your first pee should be use,the urine itself to test if it is positive.good luck:-)
i had the same thing bout 1 month ago but not after going to a party lol, erm yeh i had tht then i had a period for bout 3days and then i havnt had one since its been bout 1week since ive missed mine, im trying to ask someone if they know what it is because i feel movement near my lower abdomen and i know wat it feels like as ive already got a child tht is 3yrs, hope u find out what is ron with u goodluck :)

I need some help too please!  I have had really bad cramping for about 4-5 days now, just like period pain but no period which couples really nicely with the constant backache! :) Even wore a heatpad all day yesterday! Today I feel really run down and nauseous.  We have been trying to concieve (conceive) but I'm only a couple of days late and don't want to jump to the conclusion of pregnancy due to dissapointment.

Any help would be great thanks! :)
Hi everyone, could someone please help me as i am also having the period like cramps but no bleeding. My breasts have been extremly sore and sensitive on the outside but the pain only lasted for 4 days. I usually get cramps 2days before my period but these cramps have been caring on for almost abit more than  a week now. My period has been late for a few days already. I suddenly started to feel very irritated a few days ago and still do, i get headaches that i never usually get and now and again i feel all woozy, dizzy and stuff. I have also been getting alot of milky discharge (sorry i now its gross)but i would appreciate it if ANYONE could give me advice.
Hi Everyone,

I left a comment a few days ago and thought I'd update as I noticed no one else really does and I'm hoping it'll help a few of you as I was really puzzled by it all!

I read through nearly all of the comments on here saying most got negitive tests..  Mine was POSITIVE today! :)  I read up on the pains which said they were 'implantation' pains for the early stages of pregnancy (after which are usually picked up on pregnancy tests as your hormones are strong enough.  I used the advice of someone on here to wait as long as I could.  My pains stopped after after 5 days which, i read should last on average between: 1-5 days. This happens around the 4th week of pregnancy aparantly, so i'm now in my 5th week...

Not sure if this will help but I thought I'd write down how I felt the last week:

Nauseous - (PSI bands or Sea Sickness bands from Chemists)
Sore teeth (I didn't have sore breasts, just a tender spot on my right one)
Backache
Stomache Cramp (exactly like period pain)
Feeling Tired all the time!  But not sleeping very well.
Odd Headache
and milky discharge (sorry).  I read this is one to look out for for signs.
Peeing more often
Sensitive to smells like meat.... (uncooked ;)
Thinking seems to be too much effort this week.... Not sure if thats just me.

I'd recommend waiting as long as you possibily can even if it's a few days, I know how hard it is!  Plus don't pay attention to any pregnancy tests that say you can use it anytime.  Use it for your first pee of the morning always!

Hope this helps! and good luck for whatever outcome you are praying for :)
my period was due may 27 . and my stomach starting cramping on the 24 .so I thought my period was going to come on a little early but its had not and my stomach been cramping for a week but no period.
hello, i don't know when my period is but i haven't had it in the month of may . i had unprotected sex may 11-12  and i have been having mild cramps and no period my periods are irregular but i still should of had it by now bc tomorrow is June 1 . i took a pregnancy test 2 weeks and 2 days after sex and it was negative . what do i do? how long should i wait to take another one im only 16 and DON'T wanna be a mommy yet :((
Congrats!
well i actually and having the same problems, I just ended my period a few days ago but occasionally ive been getting these terrible contraction/cramps that will just stay and pain me for a few seconds and then go away. perhaps there is a possibility it is something else because it seems like maybe we have the same way and i know that I'm not pregnant but i have no idea how to help you i have been searching all over the web and cant find anything sorry
Hi, just wondering how long you waited to test? I've been having cramping for about 4-5 days now, subsided a little just today. Just started feeling nauseous/retching also today. Breast are a bit tender. Dizzy, headachey and irritated! Basically I have been feeling as though I'm about to get my period any moment now but haven't and I generally only get PMS cramps 1 day (2 max) before my period. My last period started 28th June but my cycles tend to last up to 40 days. We had unprotected sex since 22nd July, so I'm thinking I'd be too early to test now... It's driving me crazy not knowing though!
I think your extreme cramping could be in relation to having HPV.  HPV is a virus and there are actually over 100 varieties - some cause genital warts while others can cause cancer or polyps.  You need to go to a gyno to see if you have any visible signs of HPV that might need to be surgically removed (cysts/polyps, etc) and checked to make sure they are benign.  HPV can lie dormant for a long time, but if you have been monogomous with the same guy for 2 years, then although I am sorry to say this, but there might have been some cheating going on if he passed it to you (I'm not sure how long you have been diagnosed).  Anyways, go to the doctor and I wish you well.
Ive been having cramping i just went off my period 2 weeks ago , ive had unprotected sex since then idk whats wrong someone help !!!
Ok I need help I had unprotected sex sunday gone I've not yet came on my period but I've been getting stomach cramps  I'm really confused
well let me ask this question , for the ppl who dont c the doctor u should , dont sit there n wander go to the doc
I finished my period 2 weeks ago and I've been spotting blood randomly but I'm not due for another 2 weeks? I'm also going to the toilet more often?
its almost been a year since I had unprotect sex and ever since that happen I have been having stomach pains but I get my period also can someone help me out please  
Viewing 201-245 comments: