ct scan showed fibroids
I am 31yrs old and I was seen in the hospital for pain in my right side. The Dr. there thought it could have been kidney stones so he ordered a ct be done. It wasn't any stones but he said he saw four fibroids on my uterus. When I went to my ob/gyn he said I will be fine and he thought he told me that my uterus was enlarged and I told him that he didn't. He referred me to a pcp because my test results showed an elevation in my blood sugar and he wanted me tested for diabetes. i went and took the test and that dr. said i'm border line to watch my diet and lose a little weight. My main concern is the fibroids I don't want to wait until the last minute and things get worse. Lately when I have sex it is painful does the fibroids have anything to do with it?

First of all, relax....
Fibroids can grow with stress!

I have 2 small fibroids (both about the size of a quarter.  There are foods you should avoid such as anything with caffeine.  Caffeine can also "feed" fibroids.  Problems occur when they get too big.  Make an appointment to see a specialist referred to you by your obgyn.  You should get an internal ultrsound (painless) and they can measure them and monitor them for any growth (usually every 6 mths to a year).

As far as pain during intercourse, it depends on exactly where they are located and their size.  It makes sense that if they are large and located towards the bottom of your uterus, that they may cause discomfort.  It could be other things too so you should follow up with a specialist for sure.

I have actually heard of woman going to physical therapy for that.... you could have a stressed vagina... do you get muscle spasms down there?  Also, something to bring to your docs attention.

By the way, many woman have fibroids and never know they have them.  It's all about monitoring their size!

Best of luck to you....