cuts and a tiny open sore on the skin from my vagina to rectum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi I have been experiencing for three months now a tiny spotting of blood on my toilet tissue.. I thought it was from my rectum and went to the Docs to tell him my roids had flared up. The Nurse while taking a smear test had a look and said there seemed to be a skin tag on the anus area but it didn't look like it had bled. This was about three months ago.. The smear test came back normal. The Doc gave me some Anusol which didn't seem to be working.. AT ALL

Thursday I went to Back to the Doctors because my husband found a spot like raised area on the perineum and when he dabbed it with a tissue, blood and a little yellowy green (Sorry Yuck) came out of it. (It really is a tiny little hole with two like paper cuts by the side of it.. So of we both my husband and I trundled back to the doctor and had him take another look.

The Doctor said no anul fissures and no external hemroids. However it was a bit red and gave me some Betodine Iodine , this was Thursday.. WOW does it sting.. Any way after a few days its now Monday I seem to have a baring down feeling around the rectum area and it is very painful to sit on.. Hubby has continued to put Iodine on it after I washed it with a watered down Tea Trea solution.

The little whole abscess like thing and the paper cuts do not seem to be healing. I have stopped putting so much Iodine on the cuts now and covering it with Vaseline

Has any one else been expereincing this.. I am at my wits end and even talking about if I wernt here.... Over reacting?

Poor hubby has his head and face forward there a few times a day..OH Dear
Sounds to me like a fistula, but I'd think your doctor would have seen that...
"How long have you had the actual sore (or cut) that hurts badly?"

About 3 months
The glands around your anus can get infected, and fistulas can develop as a result. I had that happen a few years ago, and it felt and sounded very much like you describe. However, my doctor had no trouble diagnosing me, which makes me think that can't be the problem. If you're not seeing your family doctor, start there. If s/he isn't helpful, I'd get a second opinion.
Yah - I would definitely avoid tight fitting clothing there.. I think constant rubbing can irritate it and prevent it from healing. Can you wear long skirts and boy-briefs for a spell? :O)
Hi thanks for your support. I am seeing the Nurse in the Morning and she will call in the Doctor so will let you know tomorrow.  

Another Idea is I have been up untill now cammando style no nickers (OOH er) and I wonder if the rubbing from the lining of my leggins could do this sort of thing..??

Uhm?
I have experienced the same thing recently...thought I had yeast, thought I had BV...and then I realized---Oops.  I have this "girdle" thing that I wear under skirts and such to avoid panty lines, etc.  It is made of spandex and nylon.  That was the culprit for me.  I don't like underwear, and like you, would rather be without.  However, I'm going to have to go to cotton underwear in order to avoid this problem.
You know - I don't really know what your sore is or what it could be - but honestly, it sure sounds like you're jabbing at it an awful lot. Maybe that is why it isn't healing? Can you use the ointment on it, then just leave it for awhile and avoid tight clothing there?

I wonder if it isn't re-opening every time it gets visited!
Ouch - Oh yes the Nurse and the Doctor have had a good prod about.. It seems to be fungal..

Come to think of it. I have had rubbing up there for some time, from my leggins and joggers. Uhmm?? You know where the lining goes up the crack of the ass. I have ignored it for months. And then gettting my scratching bar scratching it when it got itch,, No itch now just a few Painful sores and some hydro cream
God does it chaffe when you put it on

Now to look for cotton nickers....
No more commando style for me

Thanks for your support

OK Guys..

The little whole seems to have healed

I am left with three little paper cuts between my anus and vagina.. I am using Hydro cream.. wonders now how long it will take to clear up.. any Ideas.

I am not wearing tight trousers.. Although I do sit alot at the computer...

Any Ideas how long this might take to clear up?
Oh bugger the litle hole like fissure is back.. I stopped using the hydro cream a week ago to use anusol..

I am fed up .. lots of bright red blood from a little hole.. Right on my perinium... GGrrrr any one else having this problem... Do these thing re - ocurr

Thanks for any support
I have tiny cuts; like paper cuts from my vagina to my rectum. What is that? Is it an std?
i experience the same thing. only on me it seems that they appear right after or even during sex, just like a tear, and they last for a few days or even a couple weeks before they heal up. then they next time i have sex it happens again. i have just kind of gotten used to them and figured it was because i was too tight but this has been happening for a few years now. and i dont know how after being with the same guy for almost 2 years i would still be too tight? its is rather painful. and im a fan of commando also so maybe that has something to do with it?
Hiya.
I had this problem right after having my first child. I kept tearing and my skin down there was ultra-fragile. Turns out it was hormonal and I was prescribed estrogen ointment/cream to apply once or twice a day to the external areas and just ever so little inside. It strengthened the tissues and kept me from tearing after just a few days of use.
I swear, my clit hood would split open (talk about PAINFUL!) and my perineum would tear if I even thought about having penetrating sex. It'll also help with lubrication. :)
Another concern that you might want to consider...if you're having redness and this sore, and you're wearing anything with latex/spandex or your partner uses latex condoms, it might be the cause. I worked in the medical field and wore latex gloves all day, every day and now I'm super sensitive. If I'm exposed to latex, I get open sores and my skin swells and splits and if I miss fabric content lists and there's latex (like around the top of support hose or stockings), I'll get redness and irritation. Might want to check that.
Other than all that, I'm out of ideas. It seems like something a doctor would have already picked up on.
oh god sounds painful. Well i don't know if this is the same thing but i did have a paper cut type thing in the same place once- the nurse said to put neosporin on it and it really worked- try that if nothing else works
Hi guys, uhmm.. I don't know how to say this, but I've had these "cuts" since my early youth and later I was diagnosed with Herpes, now I still have the idea that its Herpes that causes these cuts?

I am not 100% sure about the comparison that I am drawing, as the Herpes outbrakes were very different (sort of pimples with puss in them, and a perticular infection smell).

Has anyone figured it out yet? I mean, even the Docs don't know..

I have had the same problem for a while. After sex I get these cuts down there. So fustrated, I have asked 3 doctors now and this is not in any medical journal. I was diagnosed with Herpes but they said this has nothing to do with that.. I have tried iodine, rubbing alcohol, tea tree oil, neosporin and nothing. Its almost as if the skin does not want to heal..Soo fustrated, its almost as if I had a baby and the skin did not heal..If anyone hears anything else besides that estrogen cream(which I am going to try).. let me know.
have small cuts in vaginal area it comes every so often after intercourse, I get itchy like as if it were a yeast infection, although these are small little paper like cuts that burn immensly when urinate or when touched also i have noticed swelling of the clitoria area..... any ideas......what's going on....
This is herpes.  I have the same "whole" on my anal sphincter.  It is an open wound, and bleeds bright red blood with bowel movements.  It was misdiagnosed as hemorrhoids for the longest time.  Also the "paper cuts" from the anus to the vagina.  This is a common manifestation of herpes, the sores do not always appear as "cold sore" type appearances.

I know this is terrible news, but I am 100% positive that this is herpes from what you are describing.
So I have this open sore from my vagina to my anus and it hurts like heck. I don't want to pee, and it hurts just sitting here or moving. Its kind of odd shaped and redish yellow. It also has white thick mucus. and my anus hurts really bad. Anyone have any ideas?
This is a lot of information, but please read though it, even if it doesn't all sound like you. I want everyone to know about this:

An autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing vaginal sores, cuts, fissures, folliculitis and or inflammation in the genital area. Other symptoms develop many years later. It is different in everyone who has it. . Your immune system is in over drive. It is an autoimmune disorder caused by enviromental damage to your immune system.  It could get better or worse, depending on how well you take care of yourselves and how well you are treated.

My symptoms started at age fifteen with itching, inflammation, then folliculitis (ingrown hairs), then cuts all over the vagina from time to time. It is different for everyone who has it. Some people just have inflammation where others may get cuts, or sores aswell. Folliculitis is a type of acne and is very common in Behcet's and occurs during or before a "flare" and can be on the face or anywhere. Chronic yeast infections and BV come hand and hand with Behcet's because it is a immune system disorder that weakens the immune system because the immune system is working in over drive. You are now allergic to more things. It is not contagious and it doesn't run in families. Researchers around the world think it is triggered by strep throat or from other enviromental causes. It has been proven to not be genetic. Gential (genital) to Gential (genital) contact will cause a reaction "flare" in these people, so will a common illness, injury, or stress. It is very important for people who have this to rest often, use condoms, and take good care of themselves to avoid flares. They will also need medication like steriods and or immune suppressants, depending on their case.  Someone who needs a lot of medication to start, might not need that much with a little time. Common symptoms later in the disease, if it goes untreated, are digestive symptoms, bowel inflammation, possible bladder inflammation that feels like a bladder infection, arthritis, fibromyalga (fibromyalgia), and very late in the disease serious eye inflammation and possibly central nervous system involvement. People rarely die from this illness, the main thing a person has to be worried about is quality of life. That why you want to be proactive, not scared. This disease can be managed if properly treated.

For about ten years I had the gential (genital) symptoms and was sure it was herpes. My doctors said there was nothing else it could be wvwn though all my cultures came back negative and never mentioned it again. None of the medication for herpes had ever helped me and I also noticed my husband never got sick from me. The inflammation was the worst and I was using hydrocortisone on my own by then for some relief.

I started having other symptoms like irritable bowel syndrome and fatigue. Then after I had two children my symptoms got a lot worse. FIbromyalga (fibromyalgia), Interstitial Cystitis, Epi-scleritis (inflammation of the small blood vessels in my eyes), and things like that. My immune system was attacking my body. It took years before I had enough symptoms and saw enough doctors to start getting it treated. They are still not totally sure what is wrong with me. There is a lot of misconceptions about these things because they are thought to be rare. The truth is that they are just highly under treated in the United States. They think I have something called Behcet's Syndrome, the world's oldest known disease. It is an autoimmune disease that can be very mild or more severe. It is hard to tell what it is unless you are able to get enough of the symptoms well documented and you have just the right symptoms even though your symptoms might be totally different than everyone else's symptoms. The stress in your life plays a big role in how bad your flares will be.

There are no tests that can tell if you have Behcet's. It is based on symptoms only. Vaginal symptoms that look like herpes (herpes causes inflammation, cuts, or sores), canker sores in the mouth at least three times per year, and inflammation in the blood vessels in the eyes. It can take years for enough of the symptoms to show up and they usually don't show up at the same time. You really need to fight for answers. Go to the American Behcet's Association for more information, but remember when you are there, those are the worst cases, most people with Behcet's don't have it that severe and do well with treatment.

I don't have an offical Behcet's Syndrome diagnosis yet is because I have yet to have any serious organ damage documented, which can actually be really hard to do. Not everyone has to wait as long as I have been waiting. A lot of the time small damage from tissue and blood vessel inflammation can not be seen by any tests. Often, surgery is required for them to find vasculitis. That is how they found vasculitis in me during surgery looking for endometriosis. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't still be waiting to start treatment. I am lucky because my symptoms have not been as serious as some, but it has also been a big problem because I have been suffering greatly and not gotten the help I needed many times. Most of my symptoms cannot be seen and it's been very hard to prove that something is wrong.  I have had to fight back against people thinking this was all in my mind. I have had to find a medical cause for my symptoms on my own and a lot of time was wasted because it came on over a long period of time. Only one of the hundreds of doctors I've seen had ever even heard of Behcet's Syndrome, he was a GI doctor. They do not look for it. One doctor, my Rheumatologist, told me he didn't even believe it existed. This disease is very real. It's treated all over the world, but most American doctors no nothing about it. They do not know the symptoms or how to treat it. They rely on old information and still think it only happens to people in the middle east even though research has shown it happens because something has damaged the immune system and not because of your genes. It does not run in families and it is not always a text book case. You would think it would show up on MRI's, but often with Behcet't it's the very smallest blood vessels involved, and those don't show up most of the time. It takes a big incident for them to see it and prove that you have it . American doctors don't want to be liable for treating anything until they have enough medical proof to be sure that you require the treatment. It is not easy to get that far. For us, it is more important to get the treatment before something bad happens, not afterwards. I have all the symptoms and I am being treated with immune suppressants and I have had several doctors diagnosis my symptoms as Behcet's Syndrome, but with this disease the ultimate decision is up to the Rheumatologist. My rheumatologist says it shouldn't matter if I have an official diagnosis as long as it is being treated. He says he is more concerned right now that I will lose my ability to qualify for insurance once I have a diagnosis. One thing to look for as far as tests are concern would be a a slighly high white blood cell count...your nerophils mainly, but others white cells also. It could mean just that you aren't feeling well at the time to have it be a little high, but if you can gather your records and show that you have an on going problem with a high white blood cell count, that would be a first step in showing your doctors something is not normal.

One more thing....I've seen over twenty GYN's as well as other doctors and I did my own research on the possible causes for the inflammation and for the cuts some people with Behcet's Syndrome get. I can tell you from what I have learned  that these symptoms are not caused by any type of HPV. They also would not be caused by Herpes 1 in people with no other apparent serious health problems like HIV. Bacterial Vaginosis and Yeast Infections may cause inflammation and small cracks in the folds of the skin, they do not cause cuts in center areas of the skin, and they heal without reoccurance once the infection is treated. An anal fissure can sometimes occur in the center area of the pernium (between the front and back) because of straining or constipation. Unless you have developed more than one cut at a time at some point, or have developed cuts in different areas of the genitals other than the pernium, a pernium cut may just be a fissure. An anal fissure would be a single cut that keeps happening in the same place over and over again on in the center of the pernium. An anal fissure is caused by repeatedly tearing open the thin skin in that area from straining. Not like the small cuts that just happen for no reason the way they happen with the Herpes Simplex Virus and Behcet's Syndrome. I have one cut the comes back over and over again on my pernium area, but I also get cuts in other areas from time to time aswell along with severe inflammation. All of my hormone levels are normal. Those are the only things I've found that could be the possible causes for these symptoms. Just having the inflammation is a symptom, not everyone get's the little cuts. Not everyone get's full blown Behcet's either. If you take good care of yourself, you can do really well.

I wanted to add I have herpes 1. Just about everyone has it. It should not be causing your symptoms unless something is wrong with your immune system. I had the new herpes blood test that showed I have herpes 1 but not herpes 2. We started doing culture after culture of my cuts trying to see if it was herpes 1. I have never had a culture come back positive for anything. It took a long time to prove it, but we have finally established my cuts are not caused by herpes 1. Herpes 1 is much milder than herpes 2 and should not be causing ongoing vaginal symptoms. If it is, it still says something is wrong with your immune system. The white blood cells were the only thing they could find abnormal with my tests. They found them in my blood and in my cultures every time I wasn't feeling good. For years they would say, well that's because you're not feeling well today. Until I gathered 15 years of records showing that I am not feeling well on a regular basis, that was the first clue.
I'm having tiny cuts on my genitals and they sting when I pee they also itch and I'm getting a little white discharge I've never had a yeast infection before so i don't know how the symptoms are but i also have a cut in my perineum that hurts every time i wipe leaving little patches of blood, this is very confusion to me and i dont know what to do.
until recently i was on antibiotics for chronic sinusitis and wonder if this might have triggered this reaction.
the skin between my anus and vagina feels really hard and i itch so much esp at night sometimes i shed a little blood but maainly its the itcing i to have a small cut on the left side of my bottom and it does sting a hell of a lot i am scratching loads in the night in my sleep which i know isnt helping but i dont know im doing it
im to embaressed to go to the docs and i have just bought anusol do i have to live with this forever im wondering
sorry i forgot to mention that i also find the inside of my bottom to be really itchy and at times quite damp sometimes i have like a wet patch in my knickers ok it might be a bit of sweat but my bottom does feel wet when i wipe it with a tissue it dries once my knicers were really wet where the bottom goes and i was really worried about this but it hasnt been too bad since tnx for reading any advice would be appriciated as i have spoken to noone about this till today and ive been suffering for over a year x
I been getting yeast infections since 2006 about,s and every time get,s worse and these last two times my vagina lips are so red and getting paper cuts looks like and spreading to my anus and got a cut in between and I took something and it doesn,t go away but when I did went to see a doctor he said I maybe had herpes but then I got myself check and came out neg and no again I have the same problem papaer cuts and worse then ever. I know I have aproblem when I have intercourse I have spasm and couple nights I didn,t use lub maybe that make it happen I don,t know. And now I,m spotting bleed also while I have the yeast infection did that ever happen to any one.
with regard to the herpes .. is that something you get from haivng sex as i have been with my partner for 13 years and noone else x
inside my vagina lips i have an open sore that itches at times, i jus brought some cream cuz i think it mite be a yeast infection can u plz help me with sum answers
There is an ointment called Calmoseptine ointment that is an excellent moisture barrier used for many skin irritations like cuts, scrapes, burns or diaper rash etc..  It has menthol in it and really helps with itching/burning (instantly) and helps to heal quickly.  I have only found it online but it worked better than Neosporin, Anusol and many other treatments I tried.  You might need to reapply it though when you go to the bathroom.  Walgreens.com sells it for $7.99.
For those of you experiencing these cuts/sores, etc., from the vagina to the anal area, or for that matter, even around the inner thigh/buttocks area, I would strongly suggest you request a screening for Herpes (HSV I & II).  The descriptions I am reading about are far too familiar, something I went through myself about 2 yrs ago and I was diagnosed with herpes (HSV) as well.  Yes there's something most definitely to be said for Behcet's Syndrome, however, it is a rare syndrome...though if herpes testing is negative, I would certainly recommend being tested to rule out Behcet's Syndrome.

Okay, so here's where it gets tricky!  Depending on what kind of HSV test is done, has everything to do with how accurate your test result is going to be.  If you request to be tested for herpes, you should clarify and insist that you have the most up-to-date testing.  The problem for so many years, is that the older tests (which are still commonly used) can't determine which type you may have, so if you suffer from cold sores (which is almost always HSV I), that means the results will come back positive but they won't be able to tell you for which strain, or for that matter, if you might have both HSV I & II.  Not to mention, it can take anywhere from 4 - 16 weeks I believe, before the HSV antibodies will appear in blood work...meaning, if you do get tested for the virus before the 16 weeks, the test results can come back negative when you actually do have the virus.  The older tests for HSV are not accurate enough and have been far too often misleading with 'false negatives'.  PLUS, with the older tests, herpes zoster (shingles) and other strains of herpes-like illnesses (i.e. chicken pox) can also give a 'false positive' result due to the issue of not being able to determine which strain.  This is why it is so very important to have the newer testing done, so as to determine which type you may be carrying.

Now for those of you who are saying you've only been with one partner, etc., etc.  Unfortunately, herpes is not necessarily transmitted through intercourse...you can actually get herpes on the genitals through oral, if the person performing the oral has HSV I (cold sores, etc), and a person is highly contagious 2-3 days prior to a breakout/obvious sores.  It can also be transmitted simply by touch, it is a skin on skin virus and has nothing to do with bodily fluids and such.  Yes, any fluid from a genital and/or cold sore is also contagious, but it's transmitted through the skin.  Plus, not every person actually has outbreaks and more than 50% of those who have the virus, don't even know they do...hence the reason there's almost no way of knowing when, where or for how long you've had the virus.  In can also happen that a person contracts the virus and it lay dormant for months (and sometimes even years), then suddenly a first outbreak occurs.  It's rather unsettling really, and it's why the herpes virus has a statistic of 1 in every 3 people are infected and more than 50% of those are unknowingly spreading "the love".  Sorry folks, but it's true.

And FYI - it's not uncommon for a female who has genital herpes (which is usually HSV II though it can be HSV I), to have monthly outbreaks that tend to be connected to her menstral cycle, as well as being sensitive to intercourse, or even both.  It is usually the first 2-3 yrs after the initial outbreak, that recurrent outbreaks are most frequent...once the body builds up enough antibodies, etc., to fight off the virus when it becomes active, which can take up to a full year or so, that is when the recurrent outbreaks become less and less.  So there is light at the end of the tunnel.....

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but it said much to often, "I don't see how it could be herpes when I've only had one partner....etc"  The question is, how many partners have they had, and when was the last time they were tested for HSV?  Don't forget more than 50% have no idea they have it and many of them won't ever have an outbreak...scary fact indeed.  Btw, I thought my b/f was faithful AND truthful when he told me he had been tested for the virus...he lied.

Best of wishes and good luck to all.      

I'm only 18yr. and I'm going through the same thing. I have small cuts inside my vaginal area on the lips, and even in between my anal area, and it comes and goes, I haven't had sex in about 8months since the last time I visited my boyfriend. I got checked out at the clinic but they never called me about anything. sometimes it even smells down their, and recently I went to the doctors and the lady just looked and assumed I had a yeast infection. But even though I've been taking the medicine she gave me, the cuts still appear, and sometimes It even hurts. I used to get this really deep itching irritation down their and just feel the need to scratch, and even scratch inside m anal area. What do I do????
Yikes! I have the same symptoms as most of the above! I have three paper like cuts on my perineum.  These paper like cuts have been here for about 7 months.  They don't go away.  I also have spots of blood on my tissue when I go to wipe.  I went to my OBGYN and she diagnosed me with a yeast infection and told me to watch the area and if it didn't heal we would do a test for Herpes.  I had a blood test done to test for herpes and it came back negative.  These paper like cuts itch so bad and I would just like them to go away so I can enjoy my sex life again! If anyone has any updates or remedies please share! Thanks!
i just read all of these and im freaking out. ive had the hot and cold chills and body aches since wednesday. its now monday and ive been waiting for my fever witch never came. ive been experiencing pain on my vagina when i pee or whipe and recently i found a sore down by my vagina whole. i freaked out and went to the doctor. she told me that it just looked like an ingrown hair and to put bacitracin on it and it it will heal within a few days to a week well as two days or so went by it grew a lot in size and was very puffy and had a white layer in it. it also has some blisters that were full of puss i decided that i was going to just pull the hair out myself. i found 11 hairs in the area. since i pulled them out the pain isnt as bad but the area hasnt healed in anyway. it still looks exactly that same. that was yesterday. this morning when i woke up theres another sore that looks exactly how my first one did but this one is more at the top of my vagina. (both sores are on the lip) im so scared. can someone please help me? i need to know what this is. im only 18 years old.  
I also have a sort of tear right at the outside of my vagina, near to the anus. It doesn't bleed!
I'm new at sex though- so I could be really tight, or just not turned on enough.
Either way, it takes any pleasure out of sex. It really hurts.
I have noticed that a lot of women on this forum seem to be suffering from the same symptoms that I have been suffering from for about 8 months.  I get thin paper like cuts on the folds of my vagina, on the inside, the skin is so thin if I wipe too hard it will tear.  It itches sometimes insatiablly, it gets red and I think that I have a yeast infection. I went to a specialist and had my thyroid checked..no problems there.  I had blood work ran to test my hormones, I was a little deficient in testosterone and Vitamin D.  I have been on a testosterone troche and med. grade vit. D for about 3 months.  They tested me for yeast infections, a rare yeast infection, STD's and it was negative, except for a slight yeast infection.  I am trying to find a common ground here,  I was wondering if anyone has a form of dermatitis anywhere on their body?  Around the time when these symptoms began I also developed dermatitis in my scalp and in my ear.  I looked up dermatitis of the vagina and the symptoms are exactly like the ones I am experiencing.  I also have what I think is dermatitis at the top (crack area) of my bottom, there is dry skin and it itches and if I scrath it or wash to hard it tears.  I am going to the doctor on the 7th to have them check my vagina for dermatitis.
Does anyone have dermatitis, any form?
same problem itching, little cuts around vigina (vagina)...tearing between anus and vigina (vagina)..u should all go see a doctor soon..im going on monday!
little FYI(cant wait to heal this my sex life was starting to get good after 13 months of trying to find ourself,lol (just had a baby))
I have had these tiny cuts for going on 10 years and still no answer. One was near the anus and the doctor called it a cyst. Eventually, it was removed. Now, I'm having tiny cuts that swell and hurt terribly on the fold in the same spot each time. This time, my gyne gave me three very painful injections in the sore! It numbed it,then he removed it for biopsy. The test showed no cancer.That was three weeks ago. In the same spot once again, it itches and is becoming painful!!! Here we go again! My husband is not going to be happy when I tell him no playtime.
I do use premarin cream and I'm 57. I had a hysterectomy when I was 31. I have severe bone pain(arthritis) and unexplained rashes. Sometimes, I'm very tired for no reason and I experience malaise. Fibromyalgia???
I have also been experiencing these small cuts from the bottom of my vagina, perenium and anus..i have had pap smears and they have come back clear, do u have to have a blood test to identify genital herpes? I have never had 'sore' breakouts just sypmtoms such as redness, itching and sensitivity..if i scrath or wipe myself too hard the skin tears. sometimes the itchiness sensation is a little inside my vagina also.

does any one know what this is....i have gone on a stronger pill incase it was lack of eastrogen, but will have to wait for results.
Im only 17, and i have some of these same problems. i hate little tiny cuts and they itch and burn when i pee. It sorta scares me because i dont know what it is, and after reading all this, it freaks me out that i could have herpes! but i wouldnt know how. But i am too freaked out to go to see a OBGYN and ask them. I havent been yet, But i dont wanna find that out and my mom have to know!  

someone help?
I am 19 and have had the same small paper-cut like slices on the inner lips of the vagina, also near the anus and the top bit of the vagina.

I had a breakout of dermititis from stress just before these cuts appeard and think it may have been related to that. The cuts were there for about 3 weeks and would not heal and I couldn't wipe or touch down there because I would have sharp stinging pains from the cuts re-opening.

I went and had a checkup and smear tests for it and it wasn't anything but the GP said for me to wear cotton undies and use the dertimitis cream down there if it got too dry or itchy.
it was aqueous cream BP(AFT),just reading off the label.
I applied it to the cut areas 3 times a day (in the morning after my shower, midday and before bed) for about 2 weeks and now the cuts have dissappered.

So maybe its the undies you are wearing, I was wearing synthetic based ones with lace and stuff. try wearing simple cotton undies and keeping the area moisturised.

:)
I am so glad to read about something that has been stressing me out,I feel so blesses.I have been trying everything that was totally natural.  I seemed to have the best relief when I used Aloe Vera from the plant, I drink Aloe Vera juice and use A and D ointment  along with an antibiotic cream.  I drink cranberry juice,water, and a lot of aloe vera juice.   I use wet ones instead of tissue, and I do best with cotton panties. I try not to stress out and that's hard to do,finances will always stress you out. I don't have the burn,cuts are healing  and I don't itch any more.  All I can do is hope for the best,and see things in a better light.
Okay I'm officially freaking out after reading through the responses. I've all of a sudden started having small vertical cuts around my vagina opening/anal area. I have been kinda celibate for a little over 2 years now (that is not having actual intercourse). I know this is not an STD, I don't know how it could be. The cuts HURT so bad and burn when I pee to the point where I feel like I could cry and just not pee at all. And lately I've been noticing a foul smell coming from there. This is so frustrating. I finally got my health insurance back and have an appointment with a gyno in a couple of weeks. I do however use my vibrator once a week, if that. Maybe that could be the cause of my problems? The cuts go away and come back and there are also a couple of little cyst looking things around that area too. Ugh, I just want to scream. My mom told me to use Monistat. I hope this will make it go away :(
everyone with cuts or tiny sores! get checked for yeast infection and HSV (herpes) - most people don't realize that cold sores on mouth are herpes, and can be transmitted orally to genitals, causing type 1, but still genital herpes.  it is much better to deal with than type 2 - fewer if any breakouts and less transmittable. but you can give / get without symptoms / sores being present.  get tested!  and don't freak out - it's manageable. good luck!
This is not only physical but it's also emotional pain. I'm only 14  years old and I am scared beyond belief. Iv cried and everything of the such. please help.

I have what feels like a sore between my anus and vaginal opening. And then I have the hard bumps on my and around my vagina. Some are a little sore and others are seriously sore. there's about 4 or maybe 5 of these bumbs. One of them is about the size of a bee - bee gun bullet. Sorry I have no other way of describing it.

I though maybe I have a yeast infection from earlier articles.. And then I heard about the
HSV 1 or herpes. Does anyone else have this ? I'm so scared.
hi i have the same problem i have had kids and was with the same person for 10 yrs it started after my second pregnancy nd after i got a iud.i recently changed partners and gotton checked for everything so i highly doubt its herpes i think its something with my hormones that my iud makes my body do im going to the doc again but i have had a bacterial invection and yeast invection often after i got the iud.i change my underwear often never wear thongs to sleep wash often nd use wips.i honestly thing im allegic to something.
I am currently experiencing the same thing. I have had the urge to urinate frequently...and to try doing #2 (with little success) The frequent wiping from the toilet paper, and maybe wiping a little too rough definitly caused this. I am going to the doctor tommorow if I hear anything else I will let you know. I also was first diagnosed with a fungal( jock itch) type thing. The cream doesnt work.
Hi Everyone,

I've been having this same problem for a number of years. I have developed yeast infections since I was 17 almost every month. Now I've been married for 6 years and we are being faithful with my husband. I have been tested for so many dieses and the tests are always negative, except for very minor yeast presence. The doctors give me either oral medication or some cream. It helps for a while and then the cuts, itchiness come back. I have noticed that I cam get the cuts not only during sex, but even without it. I really don't know what to do.. I have spent so much time and money on doctors , but they all keep saying "you are healthy". I know I am not, but I really want to be.
I used to have HPV, but now Pap smear gets back negative, so I don't know if these cuts may be caused by HPV.
Can it be just chronic yeast infection? Anyone? I will go to see gyno again after my period, but I am sure that he runs some tests again and tells me "you are healthy".
These cuts are very bad. I keep wearing only cotton underwear, eating healthy, doing sports etc, but nothing helps. I can even see some scars from cus that re-open from time to time. The most annoying one is in the vagina opening that is extremely painful during sex.
There are days when I don't have cracks - this feels so good. I really hope someone can advise something or share her experience on how she dealt with these "yeast-like" problem.
Please help.
As I got out of the shower a few days ago, I started to drip blood. The quantity of blood increased each second. After about 10 minutes, I would estimate that I lost about 1/2 cup. It finally stopped and I tried to find the source of the blood. I verified it was not coming from my vagina, but was from one of three dark red discolored dots inside about halfway to my clitoris. That day was Sunday. On Monday I made an appointment with my GYN for the following day. Because of a cancer history, I just knew I had it again for the 3rd time. After entertaining my GYN during the his examination, he told me that what I had was vaginal varicose veins. He then told me that I had four others on the other side. The bleeding on Sunday was from one of them that had burst or ruptured. My Dr. used silver nitrate and corrderized them which should prevent any more ruptures or bleeding. Because of my 2nd cancer history with melanoma, he suggested that I be checked by my surgical dermatologist who removed the melanoma.
I sure learned something new about the female anatomy. I had no idea that we girls could get vericose veins down there. I am  54 years old, 5'8" and weigh 137, so obesity is not of issue. I know this story is somewhat amusing and I hope you get a good chuckle out of it. I also to encourage everyone to establish a professional relationship with a GYN you can trust, also an Inernist. Mine is the best of the best if you ever need a recommendation.
The last 54 years have been something. I can't wait for the next 54. Take care ladies,
Omg oam havin the same exact issues goin on. Wow
Hi.. Not sure whether its the same thing or not but I haven't evacuated my bowel for 7 days now and I tries to go but I'm getting a lot of pain and bright red blood :/ can any one help me??
I end up getting them when I wear a pad.. It ***** but when I have long days at class and walking around I sometimes get were my pad creeps up by my butt annoys the hell out of me but from the rubbing there I get it... I use neosporin.. every time you pee wipe gently and then look at it with a mirror with your other hand (finger) wipe some neosporin on the cuts it will feel a lot better especially if you get the one the helps with pain.. mine usually take about a week to go away and also try taking a bath in Epsom Salt you can get it at walmart or walgreens or where ever really it will help cleanse it!
Wow sounds like the problems I have been having..