cuts on labia and pain during sex

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

cuts on labia and pain during sex

I'm 20 years old and in a serious relationship. I have been having sex with my boyfriend since September, and it was fine in the beginning. After a few months I started experiencing burning after sex and pain during sex. I went to the gyno and got tested for all the STDs and was totally fine. I stopped having sex for awhile and then we started again about 2 months ago being really careful. Everything was getting better, but then last Monday we had sex twice in a row and it really hurt the second time and has been hurting since. It's a constant stinging and itching and intense irritation that won't go away. I saw a doctor who said it was cuts inside the labia, and I think I can see a lot of tiny little cuts on the skin outside the inner labia as well. I do have really sensitive and thin skin there. Is this just caused by lack of lubrication? And why hasn't the pain gone away? It's been 5 days. What can I do to get rid of the cuts and stop the pain? I've been using lidocaine jelly, but it's actually not really helping the discomfort. And how do I prevent these cuts in the future? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Avatar n tn
I have the same problem. refrain from sex untill the itching/burning stops. if you don't produce much cervical mucas like mem then use lubrication. if you are trying to concieve (conceive) (i don't think you are but just incase) use preseed. if your not use any lube you can get. works a treat and feels great i swear by it!!! don't foget to use it though or it will just be sore again,.
Avatar n tn
do you know if shaving could have caused the problem? because it happens a lot and im just not sure what's causing it...
Avatar n tn
see my post under "vaginal tears" a bit further back up the page
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
52 mins ago
AlyssaWhite0908 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
1 hr ago
AnnieBrooke commented on Jade59's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals