cyst or boil on labia

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

cyst or boil on labia

I have been treated for yeast infection after yeast infection the last couple of months and we all know the itching just drives you mad. I noticed last night after itching down there, i felt a pea sized hard knot, and i was wondering if anyone knows what causes these and what i need to do to get rid of it. Sex has really been painful since my hysterectomy last year, so i thought the yeast infections were caused from the hysterectomy and not having the hormones i used to have, please help, do i need to go back to the gynecologists office, or should i just let it pop on its own?
If it's smaller than the size of a pea and white-ish, it might not be a cyst/boil.

I've heard of a lot of women getting these on their labia (I currently have one) and they usually go away on their own.

All of my cysts (HS disease) swell to be the size of a quarter or bigger, turn purple with a black dot in the middle, surface and drain on their own.

If it is a cyst/boil do NOT pop it. Let it open on its own, pushing/applying pressure can just make it more infected and cause it to abscess.

If it's painful and lasts longer than a week or so, I would go to the doctor just to make sure!  
Thanks. i ended up going to obgyn yesterday, they are doing a bunch of tests and i have to go in 2 weeks for a biopsy of the vulva, she told me it just may be a really bad infection that wasn't treated correctly the first 3 times. I knew the itching wasn't right, she also said it may be some type of skin disorder. I hope this helps with anyone else that reads and thanks for your response.
Vency commented on Saw the babies again ...
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals