cystitisever since c section 8 1/2 years ago

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi firstly does anyone no why none of the expert forums are taking any new questions?

I have suffered with cystitis on and off for several years now, it all started after I had a  c section with my daughter. In the past I had blood work that came back normal, water samples sent to hospital that showed nothing now I await a ultrasound of kidneys and bladder. Why have they made me wait so long.

I get about 3 a year sometimes one or two more here really bad so I have tablets on standby from the doctors so I dont get the worse of it and take them as soon as I feel one coming on otherwise I get slight pink which is blood when I wipe as well as the burning, stinging, and needing to go toilet every 5 minutes.

has anyone else had this?
Hi there.  Yes, the expert forums are undergoing a required compliance review.  It is temporary and will be back soon.

As to repeated cystitis, that's too bad.  Some people are more susceptible to these than others.  This is a super personal question and I'm not asking you to answer here but I've heard of this from those who frequently engage in anal sex or when partners during sexual activity are not careful.  ??  
Hi i have been with the same guy for 7 years and we have not ever had anal am borin lol.

I wash before and after sex and i always have a wee after.

I only had one in my life before my daughter was born and since the c section they have been repeat and was interesed to no if c sections can cause this
I was the same I dreaded going to pee, a tsp of baking soda in a drink once a day and it has gone. Its what the main ingredient is in the over the counter chemist drinks, it neutralizes the acid in the urine so you can pee without wanting to scream...
You should push your doc a bit more because repeated bouts cause scarring on the bladder and that makes it unable to fill to capacity and the bacteria can spread to your kidneys which is even worse.
Good luck
Poppy x
That does make you wonder.  I tried an internet search to see if there is a link between c sections and cystitis.  Maybe a vague correlation but it wasn't clear cut to jump out at me.  but it's YOUR reality.  Those infections are painful.  Does your doctor have any info on a connection?
Thanks poppy I may give it a try.

Special mum I get about 3 infections a year, it all started after my c section.

The doctor prescibes antibiotics 2 a day for 3 days and they work every time. 3 weeks ago I had water samples sent to the hospital one normal and one with infection and not heard ought back. Last year in January 2013 I had blood work which came back normal now I am booked in for a ultra sound scan of the bladder and kidneys.

This is a new doctor who has done all this straight away where as the other doctors just kept repeating my prescription without even checking my wee x