cystocele rectocele surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

cystocele rectocele surgery

I am 57 and scheduled for this surgery next week, I have been told that the surgery will take 2 hours and I will be in the hospital overnight.  I am assuming that I will be back to work in 2 or 3 weeks.  Now, I am reading that most of the women that had this procedure had no idea how major it was... Is this true?  Has anyone had good results ?

This discussion is related to I have questions about cystocele and rectocele surgery.
was your surgery successful, i will be undergoing this is 2 weeks and I am having second thoughts. Any info would be great
mo
I am also going to be having recotcele surgery, at least I am pretty sure, I get the final word next Wed.  Hoping the recovery isn't as bad as everyone says it is.
   I just had a double surgery Rectocele and Hysterectomy at the same time.
Expect to be in the hospital at least 3  to 6 days.
And don't be fooled into thinking it won't take 6 to 8 weeks to recover,  cause it will.!!        you will start to feel great & like you can do anything,  
but don't,  or you'll be bed ridden,  I know from experience!  
Don't be alarmed,  when you realize that horrific smell is coming from you,
expect to have discharge for 2 to 3 weeks,  its blood & bodily fluid from surgery. Also right after surgery you can expect to have a lot of gas, from surgery, that's where most of my pain & discomfort came from.
The worst part is trying to take a poop, im not sugar coating the facts,
you will be crying with every poop for at least 2 weeks, you have to have a high fiber diet and take a stool softener, morning & night,
don't worry if you go several days without a bowl movement,  Doctors say that's normal, I would go 3 days without,  & 1 with.
Rember no house work,  no normal routine,  even if you seam up for it,  don't.
    The Doctors also say no sex for 6 to 8 weeks, this is very important,  because your insides are healing & they are moving around finding their new places & they have to reattach in a different way, sex can brake everything apart, & cause more problems.  
Good news after about 3 weeks,  foreplay is fine,  but nothing is to be inserted,
  you can still achieve multiple organisms,  witn no pain!
I don't know any long term affects,  because I'm still recovering my self,  but if I can pass along my experience,  maby it will help someone,  wish I had someone to warn me of what to expect.