cystocele repair

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

cystocele repair

My sister had a partial hysterectomy with cystocele repair and now my bladder seems to have prolapsed again. It has only been 2 1/2 months and she was released from my dr to lift and move things. She has to wear pads because she is incontinent. She is afraid to have another surgery and the same thing happen again. Any advice on what she should do. Anybody know what will happen if she doesn't get it repaired. Is this normal, has anyone else had this happen to them. I am worried about her. Any advice would be appreciated. Tigger7
go to hystersisters.com

alot of ladies there had the same surgery your sister had. it's a great website, lot's of info
I meant her, not me
What do you mean your sister had a a partial hysterectomy and now your bladder seems to have prolapsed again?

Are you asking about her or you or both?
I had a complete hysterectomy in 05 and then cystocele repair in 07 I am now needing more surgery for vaginal wall prolapse. I am told by many doctor's that this is normal. It is a genetic thing.
My surgeon told me that you can never lift heavy things or strain yourself or this will happen.  I have just had vaginal hysterectomy with vaginal and bladder repair and rectocel repair....its 5 weeks post op onTuesday.
P.S.
This is a much better site than Hystersisters! Check into the expert posts with the physicians in here...especialy urogynocology for this specific problem!
Also, my surgeon used netting of some kind to suture things up in place..........did they do the same with your sister? Did she have a urogyn specialist? Thats who she needs to see.

I have been diagnosed with a cystocele and my gyne says she could easily repair it. However, when I asked about keeping my other organs such as my uterus she replied it would all depends on how she assesses the scene. Anyway I also read that it is not healthy to remove the uterus as this serves as a support in that area. Are there any doctors out there who can offer their opinion?

Belli
I had a hysterectomy, cystocele, and vaginal wall repair in early Jan.  Only had slight stress incontinence prior to surgery.  Two weeks after surgery I was almost completely incontinent.  I went back to my urogynocologist who then referred me to a urologist.  I just had a second cystocele surgery two weeks ago.  The original bladder sling was put in properly, but apparently the tension was too loose for me.  The urethra was stretched and the new positioning made me leak at the slightest movement.  The second surgery has been good.  No leaking at all.  The urologist replaced the sling, positioned it the same but attached it from a different angle.  There were two sutures (strings) left on the outside of my lower abdominal area that he used to adjust the sling a couple of days post surgery.  The strings have been cut and removed (no evidence they were there).  Life is much better now.
I am 7 days post op total hysterectomy due to prolapsed uterus.  I also had a A&P repair.  let me keep this short.  2 days ago the pain coming from my rectum was literally buckling my knees when i stood up.  I went to the Dr. today and he did exam.  says it is swollen up there where he did the stitching on the postierior side.  Gave me a  enema to do, 2 stool softners. and Vaginal antibiotic.  and percocet.
I felt relief from all of the above however when doing the enema it leaked out my vaginia.  Now i am having loose BM's and some of it is comingout my vaginia.  I know this b/c i
A. felt it
B. wiped pooh from that areaand
C.  went to put in the vaginal antibiotic and the applicator had pooh on it as well.
IS THIS NORMAL??  anyone else have this kind of pain?  The Dr. told me this was the darkest before the dawn so i am just trying to stay positive!!
Any advice??  
I had a vaginal hysterectomy 3 years ago. then my bladder became prolaspsed and no persori would stay in. i had trouble emptying my bladder and bms were intermitint. Despite excersise and dit i continued to gain weight alarmingly fast. all in my stomach. my low back hurt all the time despite my stretches or zumbz or weights. my gyn referred me to a urologist. I had surgery 3 weeks ago and from day of surgery have felt great. i only had to cath for a week and haved steadily lost weight even without excercise.  HOWEVER things dont look normal down there. will I ever look normal again? and when is it safe to resume sexual activities and excercise?