dark brown spots under breasts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

dark brown spots under breasts

I have about  4 areas under my breasts that are dark brown patches. The skin is dry there too.

I have never had any spots like this before (i am 25).

I started getting it about a year ago and I have asked
the doctor. He just says it is dry skin??

Why is it brown then? If i use cortisone cream they will go away
but my concern is am i going to have these ugly brown patches
forever now?

Has anyone else had this problem and could it be anything other
than dry skin?

Thanks!!
i have the same thing, only it is not under my breasts, they are on my arms,and face. i was diagnosed with  ecxema. it is bothersome and the cortisone cream does work, but to answer your question, yes if it is ecxema or something very similar it is something you will have to do the rest of your life. just use it every day and it shouldnt be so bad. it is something you have to get used too. i also have a little in my t-zone, and i made the mistake of using it until it cleared up, then it would come back, so now i put my cream on daily just so i dont get the flare ups anymore.oh, and i also was only 18 when i got it so age doesnt matter.
i have the same thing and was wondering if it was anything to be concerned about!!!....thinking of even going to the doctors to get it checked out!!
I am 55 and I just noticed them about 3 months ago...I am thinking it is just my age..I will mention to the Dr though...The things we women have to go through!
i had that. but it was because i was wearing bras that did not offer enough support. i got a better bra and they went away.
Did one of you get an answer from a doctor? Is amazing how many questions related to this you can find... but at the end nobody gives a feedback of what was it...
Eventhough, every case it is not the same (and you should go to your doctor regardless) this postings can give you at least an idea how serious or not can be this issue.
I'm Only 13 And I'm Really Shy And Uncomfortable With My Body So I Don't Really Want A Doctor To Look At Me And I'm A Bit Over Weight To The Point I Don't Want To Weigh My Self Any More But I Have Brown Spots In The Center Of My Breast And A Little On My Stomach And Back And I'm Scared That It Is Harmful To Me And I Could Be Sick I Really Need To Know About These Spots I'm Scared