Women's Health Community
dark spots on tongue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dark spots on tongue

I am 38 years old and I have been to the dr. for my yearly check up and everything is great.  I  found out that I was very anemic so he put me on iron pills.  For about 2 years I have had these dark spots on my tongue.  They came when my anemia started to get very bad because I was eating ice ALL the time.  The spots that are on my tongue don't hurt nor are they sore but, they are kind of ugly and I am self conscience about them.  Do you have any suggestions on what it maybe?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
You should seek advice from a dental professional - either a dentist or hygienist.  They can take a close look and refer you to an oral pathologist if necessary.  You should go soon so you can rule out anything dangerous.
Blank
I am 32, have suffered with severe cases of anemia with my pregnancies...all 6. i noticed black spots on my tongue a few years ago, but i dismissed them as being an emergency because they dont hurt. In fact, i dont even notice they are there until i look in the mirror.
Please let me know if u have found any more information about this strange outbreak...for lack of better terminology. I too am beginning to get a bit self concious about the way it looks in my mouth.

Blank
I'm a 21 year old black female and if suffered from this for a long time. Except my spots are scattered all over my tongue. I'm a really pretty girl but this has made me really self conscious. Please let me know what you guys find out because I'm so depressed over this and i've this for as long as I can remember. I just want to be normal.
Blank
I am 37 and I too suffer from this. I had my first spot at 9 years old. I am so insecure about this. Mine are getting worse on the tip of my tongue. Have an appointment with cosmetic dentist will post results.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank