dark yellowish discharge..........6 weeks or 4 weeks pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi everyone, I just noticed that i'm having some discharge (dark yellowish)sometimes it looks dark yellow and sometimes it looks dark beige. IS THIS NORMAL AT 61/2 WEEKS PREGNANT???
And the other thing is that the first day of my last period was March 24 and I ovulated on April 10 and 11 ( I know this because I used clearplan fertility monitor. When I called my doctor she asked the first day of my last period (March 24) and she said I am 6 to 61/2 weeks pregnant. But I ovulated on April 10 and 11 when conception takes place. So my question is that from April 10 and 11 it is now 4 weeks. Shouldn't i be only 4 weeks pregnant??? Does anyone knows anything about this or has been in this situation. This is my first pregnancy and very nervous and stressed.
Thank You,
Mary
when u get pregnacy they count it from the first day of ur last period and by my calender u are 6 1/2 weeks
Sorry if this does not help, I'm not doing the math.  I just wanted to point out that they count the first two weeks of your cycle as the first 2 weeks of pregnancy.  This is based on the assumption that you Oed on CD 14.  So when a woman is 6 weeks pregnant, the actual embryo is only 4 weeks.
Oh, I don't know about the discharge.  It may be nothing to worry about.  Some women report having a golden-tinged discharge during pregnancy.  I would watch it closely though.  If it continues put a call in to your OB just to make sure it's not some type of infection.
Thank you for your comments. Do you know anything about discharge during pregnancy??? I just went to use the toilet and I noticed again I have dark beige discharge is this normal???
thanks, Mary
Dark yellow discharge is not normal, pg or not.  I would get that checked out.  You might experience an increase in discharge during your pg, but it should never be yellow.  Mine was like milky white.

As far as counting, the standard practice is to count from the first day of your LMP.  It's a little weird, I know, because they are counting 2 weeks before you ovulated and you're not actually pg, but that's they way the standard 40-week counting works.  They may adjust your due date after you have an u/s and they measure the baby, but since a due date is just a guideline anyway there isn't an extreme overemphasis on it.  Your doctor will let you deliver anywhere from 38-42 weeks.  This is to account for the fact that women ovulate at different times in their cycles.
thank you all for your comments. I called my doctor she said the brown discharge is normal, nothing to worry about. I explained to her that it's not really discharge it just that when I wipe the tissue gets a bit brownish.
My first appointment with the doctor is in 6 weeks. my doc said the first prenatal app. is at 12 weeks. and first ultrasound at 11 weeks.
Thanks again
mary
I'm not sure what it is. but it's like you said its golen-tinged discharge. But it doesnt have any odor and it does not itch or burn like infection.
Thanks for comment, I greatly appreciate it.
Mary
First LMP is the standard for dating the pregnancy, so I would agree with the 6.5 weeks dating. When do you go in for your first appt? Ask about the discharge then it could be something very minor, but you want to make sure.

Andi

Andi
IT'S NORMAL TO HAVE MORE DISCHARGE WHEN YOU ARE PREGGO.  YOU WILL NEED TO CALL THE DOC WHEN YOUR DISCHARDE HAS A FOUL SMELL OR IF IT BECOMES ITCHY DOWN THERE.  I WOULD GO AHEAD AND MENTION IT TO YOUR DOC AT YOUR NEXT APPT ANYWAY.
is bledding through the anus normal during pregnacy?