depo provera and weight gain
has anybody that has been on depo provera shot gained weight? i you did how much did you gain,after your first shot when did you start gaining and what was you weight before depo
I have not used this But I do have a friend that does and the only drawback she says Is weight gain :/ Unfortunately . She has gone up 2 dress sizes been on it almost 1 year. But she is hoping to get on a diet maybe start exercising and get some of the weight under control. have you talked to your Dr about this?
Her doctor gave her this answer:
It could be that the extra progesterone lowers the body's metabolism, which promotes the storage of fat, or it could be that it increases appetite. We don't have the answer at this point.?
Good Luck and I would talk to your Dr. the next time you go for a shot maybe there is something he/she can help you with?
I got the depo shot on July 25 this year. I did weight 145 before I got it, and now I'm almost 160. I'm not even going to get the second shot. It took me forever to lose weight and get down to 145. I'm very upset about it. Other than the weight gain, though, I've not really noticed any side-effects.
Depo is NOTORIOUS for this.  You can seriously go from thin to fat taking this medication, although not all patients experience this and the weight gain amount can vary from patient to patient.  

I would seriously talk to your prescribing physician about other options if you are experiencing weight gain in regards to this medication.    

As sekaiend stated, the weight doesn't come off easy either.  
so you started gaining weight on the first shot?
Hi You should really google depo, from what I read, I would put my daughter on it.
Good Luck
I had the depo for a year I hate it because I was 149 and now I'm 185 I stpped it nd its been reali hard for me to loose weight!
Unfortunately for patients who have experienced weight gain with this med have a difficult time getting the weight off.