dilated 3 centimeters...ugh..38 weeks full term come out!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

i am 38 weeks pregnant.. 3 centimeters dilated.. how can i speed this dialtion up and get this baby here?
Apart from dilatation, cervical effacement is also required. Cervical effacement refers to a thinning of the cervix and is a component of Bishop’s scoring which pre-labour scoring system which helps in predicting whether induction of labour will be required. The 5 components are cervical dilation, effacement, consistency, position and fetal station. The cervix should dilate naturally and certain medications like prostaglandin gels and suppositories, sweeping and stripping of the membranes and insertion of foley’s catheter can be used. But these should be done only by a gynecologist and should not be attempted at home.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
the best way to speed things up is walk walk walk walk and i know right now thats the last thing you want to be doing. am mummy to 4 angels and it worked for me. i always got to 2 cms then nada for maybe 2 weeks. so with 3 and 4 i thought am not going through that again. i walked to i was exhausted warm baths NOT HOT are also a good way to speed things up and believe it or not and this is coming from a midwife SEX [of course gentle sex] the sperm softens the cervix helping things along and gets it dilating. i walked 2 miles with baby num 3 at 9am and was in the delivery suite at 8pm same day. good luck and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS castor oil is a definite trick as it gives you diarroaha and puts you into labour not a lot though and its vile. not recommended by medical professions
SEX!!! Thats right Sex, nothing rough or fancy..and without a condom. I know first hand! My 10 year old came early 36weeks, right after I had sex. and last year I gave birth to my son 9/18/2010 at 35 weeks! I had sex, he ejaculated inside me  and I began contracting and dialating. Had the baby 10 hours later. Im one who that works for. Both babies were healthy and went home with me after 2days. Congrats and good luck! oh yeah and after sex, shower and WALK!! WALK! WALK!!
By the way, I DO NOT PROMOTE OR CONDONE PREMATURE BIRTHS, I am one of those women who can not have sex during pregancy, my cervix cant tolerate it. My OB/GYN stayed telling me, "NO SEX"  "BED REST!!" But I didnt listen last year. Luckily, although a 35weeker, my son was fine! and went home in two days.