discharge after pap smear
I am 43 years old, and I have been getting pap smears every year. When I was 33 I had an abnormal pap and was given a colposcopy which came out fine. I was also given a freezing surgery to freeze the bad cells..Ever since I have had normal pap smears and I go every year..

This past pap test that I had done 4 days ago I was told by the doctor that everything looked okay and that I may get some spotting..I dont remember him ever saying that to me before. But he seemed to think everything looked fine..Well later that night I had a brown discharge and I continued to have a discharge when I wiped myself ..then the last discharge I had was mucousy and tinged with a more red colored blood. but it wasnt alot..the spotting was only about twice a day and it wasnt alot either..It lasted for two and a half days after pap test, then it stopped..

I guess my question would be Is this normal? because it has never happened to me that I can remember..I was told that I had hpv years ago..But my pap's are always normal since And I am only with one partner..Could this be from an infection, or could this actually be cancer? I am so scared even though the discharge has now stopped. and I have not experienced any pain at all..no itching, but I did have a little bit of a greenish discharge before I got the pap smear.
.I always hate waiting for pap smear results and they make you wait so long..Thanks for reading my post...any thoughts?
It could be that he wasn't as gentle as he normally is, brown spotting is completely normal after a pap, I wouldn't worry.