does yam make ur period come down

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

does yam make ur period come down

hi a friend told me if i go to health food store and rub yam on my belly my period should come down? This sounds sill has anyone heard this before? And thanks for the advice someone told me about the itching i had to boil water with vingar its definately helping. I have a doctor's app next week thanks for all u ladys comments. Update still no period since july 28 and two more months before that i was given hormones to bring it down it came on july and never seen it again. XOXOXO
Well with the itch it may be a ph balance or infection. If all ruled out. Yogurt may soothe it also eating yoghurt helps or kefir milk. Drink I tablespoon of lemon juice in water when you first wake up in the morning neutralises your ph. Wtih your period your friend was probably telling you of wild yam which is a natural progesteron.  I am not sure it will bring your period on.  If you are stressed, overweight or underweight it can also cause missed periods.  Your gyno needs to do more research. Has he/she tested your fsh and tsh levels? If you have had an injection to kickstart once on the second time they should have asked you to come in on your third day of your cycle for a blood test or saliva test for hormone levels.  With this itching and missed period it could be hormone related. Go back to the doctor and ask for this.
Rubbing yam on your belly with have no bearing whatsoever on your period coming.  You doctor can prescribe Provera to jumpstart your cycle.

Yesterday I suggested a vinegar/water douche, but I didn't say anything about boiling them.  You're not using really hot water to rinse yourself, are you?
Wild yam (taken in pill or tincture form) can be used post-ovulation to raise progesterone levels and maintain fertilisation. It will not bring on your period.

A herbal route that has been shown to regulate menstruation is agnus castus (chasteberry, or Vitex). You can take this all month long. It has been shown to regulate the glands that produce progesterone and prolactin, thus resulting in regular monthly periods.
no i meant water with vinager thank u its working to help the itching.
i don't know if I am  pregnant or not.. i still have a week before my period is due.
would a progesterone oil injecton help me get my period?