double uterus
hello dr.
well i am only 17 yrs old and i found i have two uterus and my doctor told me
i cant have kids.... this makes me really scared for my future.
is their any kind of surgery i can have to work on this??
thank you very much for your time
This probably isn't the right community to receive the answers you need.  Perhaps you could try the Women's Health forum?  They probably know much more there than some of us here do, as this forum is related to issues involving HPV.

Link to Women's Health:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/81
HI denise, I also have a double uterus. What u have is called a mullerian anomally. Look up Mullerian anomalies on the net and you will find a heap of info about the different types. I have uterus didelphus which means that my uterus is split into two halves. This double uterus is more common than you think and there is every chance that you can and will have a baby! You need to find out what type you have by making an apt with a gynocologist and asking for an HSG xray. this is where they inject dye into your cervix and can see what your uterus looks like. Then you need to seek advice. I am going to see a fertility specialist to see if I need extra help with conception etc.
Good luck and keep me informed of how you get on. Thinking of you.
Kat
Hi, Denise, I also have uterus didelphus and I have one healthy child and one on the way. My first child was born at 35 weeks and was only 2 lbs, 6oz, but she was healthy. She was the smallest baby to be released from the hospital where she was born.

My doctors were careful with my pregnancy and had me on light activity. I also received steroid shots to help develop her lungs and brain to develop, starting at about 26 weeks of gestation for several weeks. This was a precautionary measure in case she was born very early.  

When you do decide to become pregnant some day, find out exactly what your situation is like wyldkat said. If you are like me you have to of everything internally, but look normal on the outside.You might need surgery to remove a vaginal septum, but not necessarily. That depends on your comfort during some "physical activities," I don't want to say too much since you are only 17. Don't worry too much. Chances are you will be able to have children, but you will have to find doctors who know about your condition.

Kat1126
Hi, Denise, I made an error in the last paragraph. It should read that I have two of everything not "to" of everything. That's another thing, when you are pregnant someday, make sure you get plenty of sleep, so you don't embarrass yourself in a public forum.

:) Kat1126