Women's Health Community
douching with bleach???????????
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

douching with bleach???????????

I am trying to explain to my friend that she is harming her body by douching with a low concentration bleach water. However, I do not know what words to use to explain this to her. Someone please help me because this sounds horrible.
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Tell her it is toxic and harmful and NOT intended to even be on your skin. Have her read the label on the bleach! Putting it inside of herself is dangerous. I think she should speak to the doctor about it. Call poison control I am sure they have information.
Douching isn't even recommended AT ALL for women. It disturbs the natural balance in the vagina.
Blank
Good Gosh.  Vinegar and water would be ok but bleach.  She's lucky she hasn't fried out her insides!
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
It sounds like she is really, really worried about something that is in her vagina.  I'm sure if that is the case, you aren't going to be able to convince her that she doesn't need to douche at all, but certainly there must be some way to keep her from doing it with this.  Could you insist she come with you to an ob-gyn and talk it over?  Man, what she is doing is so dangerous!
Blank
Don't douche at all!!!
Blank
vinegar and water is good just as well as toothpaste. has anyone tried toothpaste if u'll try it ists the best leaves u very clean and odorless.
Blank
toothpaste????thats odd, ive never heard that before, is that safe?
Blank
Douching disrupts the pH balance.  She needs to see an OB/GYN immediately!!!!!
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
I think some formulations of toothpaste contain peroxide, a bleach.  I sure wouldn't do it.  (Of course, I grew up in the era when they came to the scientific conclusion that douching was not ever necessary, so I wouldn't do it anyway.)  Please don't put things up the coochie that are not formulated for the coochie.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...