dry skin around vagina

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

dry skin around vagina

There is some dry cracked skin all around the "lips" of my vagina and its super dry and cracked to the point of bleeding around my clitoris. I haven't had sex in about 5 days and I have had dry skin before but after I showered it was usually fine. I don't know if it's from working out more and it has something to do with sweating or if there are other reasons. I do use lotion so I'm confused as to why this is happening.
This dryness of vaginal skin can be due to eczema or contact dermatitis. Symptoms  can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin. If the symptoms persist then you should get it checked from a dermatologist and get other possibilities ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Des_a_rae commented on laureninlove's status
3 Filler Exercises to Loosen Up You...
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals