early period, spotting, light cramps and headache

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I take birth control pills to help my acne so i don't take it daily or properly (though i try). I had unprotected sex during the last few days of my my period around the time when i was suppose to take the inactive pills. My period started about two weeks early. I have dark brown spotting, more like a mini-period. There is also light cramps, headaches and diarrheas. Are these symptoms of having sex during one's period? am i okay? Or are they signs of other problems?
Avatar n tn
Sounds like you're having hormonal fluctuation due to your improper use of the pill. "Diarrheas" is not a symptom of pregnancy and probably unrelated to what is going on. If you are not trying to get pregnant, you really ought to use a backup form of birth control if you are not going to be consistent with the pill. Btw - it's not healthy for your body for you to be so inconsistent with it - you should commit to taking it or find an alternative therapy.
Avatar n tn
I have a question dealing with my period. Usually i get really bad cramps the day before and the day my period starts. I had cramps the whole week before and the entire time of my period. My period only lasted 4 days and i'm still having cramps. Not to mention it was heavy for 2 days and then there was hardly any bleeding. Since, i've also been having headaches everyday and some heartburn. My periods have always been quite regular and last for the full 6 or 7 days. Me and my boyfriends had unprotected sex 2 days before my period started and used the withdrawal method. I show no signs of breast tendernes or morning sickness so...a little help please!
KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Hollus commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals