early periods

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

early periods

I had a regular cycle till the last two times. I have been early by 3 days and my period starts off with mild spotting of dark brownish discharge sometime jelly like texture. Sorry about the gross detail but Im really worried that I might have fibroids. Please provide help. Thanks much.
Hi there and welcome to the forum!  Glad you found us.  

Cycles can vary in length from 23 to 35 days for a normal cycle.  Is your cycle (first day of your last period to the first day of your next) less than 23 days?  The reason why that happens is often because an egg did not properly develop so is not released.  When this happens, most likely you have a hormone imbalance.  You would want to discuss this with your doctor.

If your cycle is within 23 to 35 days, you just ovulated early and that does happen.  General hormonal shifts can make a cycle a bit irregular for a person but still considered normal by a doctor/general standards.  

So, how long is your cycle is the first question to ask.  
did your Cycle last the normal amount of time when you were early?
Normal flow besides the brownish discharge?
Fibroids?  Usually with Fibroids you would be experiencing very heavy periods.  I had them myself.  

You should consult your GYN Specialist about your situation.  In my opinion this isn't related to Fibroids.
My period cycle now is 24 days and last for 6 days, before it was 28 days and lasted 5 days. Im concerned with this change as Im trying to get pregnant. Thank you for your assuring and helpful responses. I agree that a gyne consult might be beneficial. Thanks again!
I just became 34 in january and I noticed late last year that may period comes 4 days early than expected. Sometimes the cycle lasts for only 3 days or 5 days wheb it comes. What does it mean. I hardly take contraceptives because of the effect as it is safer to withdraw when having sex with my boyfriend. Please what does it mean? Do I need to to see a doctor?
Please someone reply.
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
Sep 27
AppleBr commented on photo
Sep 27
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals