effexor xr for menopause?
hi my doctor prescribed effexor for my menopause syptons is this good for that ?? night sweats hot flashes ect i am 48 years old and have had my monthly off  & on for awhile and then  none for 4 months and have the night sweats bad and hot flashes ?? do not want to take an anti depressent if i do not need to.....she said they do not precsribe the estrogen anymore because the higher cancer risk......thanks
Hi: I too am 48 yrs. old. I began taking effexor xr 2 yrs. ago. I have since gained 25 lbs. It does help with emotions of depression etc. But, the weight gain is certainly an issue. Also, while reading this forum last night (MENTAL HEALTH) I learned a ton of new info about the withdrawal effect of effexor xr, none of it good. So....if you have not gotten on it, do some more homework. Let me know how it is going. : ) Bumble