embarrassing vaginal odor
I am 49 years old, I am not sexually active and have been for about 2 years experiencing  times during the day I smell a strong fishy odor coming from the vaginal area. I bath everyday, I have even started taking personal wipes with me to the restroom so that I can wash up during the day but nothing seems to stop the odor. I wear panty liners so that I can change them and the smell won't get in my clothes. My pap smears are normal. Even though my doctor says that they don't know what causes bacterial vaginitis, and there is no cure that will keep it from reoccuring, I find it  extremely embarrassing. I am more aware of the smell more when I get excited about something. If I go out of town, or go out to lunch, or even go to a meeting, anything that is different from my regular routine, I smell it. The episodes seems to be getting closer together, where else in the very beginning it may have been once every couple of months, not they seem to be ocurring more often. Please help me, what can I do?
KDG
I agree with both Christie and Pandora. It never hurts to get a second opinion.  Be sure that the doctor tests you for all possible infections b/c even though you have not been active for 2 yrs does not mean you cannot carry bacteria for that period of time.  If the results do not return anything, try adding yougart to your diet.  I know it sounds weird but I personally feel that my vagina has more of a pleasant smell when I eat it..Just a thought..Good luck.
Every woman has a particular odor to her private parts--not all odors mean something is wrong.  

If you go to the doctor and have an exam and nothing is found, it could just be that this is your natural smell.  Anxiety may just be heightening your awareness of it.  You should not be douching unless it is recommended by your doctor.  All a normal woman needs to do is to wash with mild soap when showering, and keep the area clean and dry--wear cotton panties, and try not to wear pantyhose.  Excessive use of certain medicated wipes may also disturb your normal flora and worsen the problem.  
Sometimes wearing a panty liner can trap wetness against your skin and contribute to odor.  
Don't use those flowery feminine washes--you will feel "fresher" for a few minutes, but then you may be extra aware when your natural odor comes back (as it will)--thus getting yourself fearful that something is "wrong".

I'd say if you have recently been to the doctor, tests have been done that don't show an infection with anything, try the above suggestions and try not to worry so much.  Good luck!

the pads will trap odors and make it worse. i know that happens to me after my period and i use one. the smell is worse. once the pad is removed it is a little better. we all do have some odor but i thought that foul odors from the vagina was a form of bacterial vaginosis? (an imbalance of bacteria that is normally found down there). it doesnt matter how much you bathe, clean, wipe, use feminine products...it is what it is.as christie said, try not to think and be aware of it so much. you may be more aware of it when you are at lunch, meetings because you are in a closer area rather than being outside or stores...and you may worry that if you can smell it others can too. im sure you are the only one that notices. however, there must be something out there that can help? this is pretty common from what i understand and you are not the only one. what about inquiring at a health store and asking one of the herbal specialists? i know someone who took some herbal pills that helped with body odors from within. it was a cranberry, citrus combo. hope you can find a solution but again, try not to focus on it so much.
Hi, from what I know, although I'm not a doc, a strong fishy odor coming from the vagina is bacterial vaginosis, which usually is treated with antibiotics.  I was diagnosed with this when I was pregnant with my 3rd child.  You can clean and bathe all you want and the smell is going to keep coming back.  Maybe you should find a new doc because I was told it's a bacterial infection, not sexually transmitted, and as a bacterial infection needs to be treated with an antibiotic.
Take care,
Pandora
I got the impression she had been to the doctor and had been treated and had recuring problems...

The point is for her to go and have an exam, and if everything is normal, do the things outlined.
Thanks KDG, I tried eating some yogurt each morning and the odor seems to have disappeared. So far so good, and its been two weeks and no odor. THANK YOU- THANK YOU -THANK YOU
I AM NINETEEN YEARS OLD, AND I HAVE HAD A LOT OF SEXUAL PARTNERS, (7) TO BE EXACT. WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL I WAS MOLESTED BY MY GRANDMOTHER'S HUSBAND, AND I NEVER GOT HELP OR TOLD ANYONE. NOW THAT IM AN ADULT, I FEEL THAT BECAUSE OF BEING MOLESTED IT CREATED A TYPE OF MANIFESTATION; I HAVE THE URGE TO BE SEXUALLY ACTIVE WITH ALL OF THE MEN I DATE, I LIKE BEING DOMINANT AND CONTROLING. I WAS ON THE DEPO PROVERA SHOT FOR TWO YEARS STRAIGHT AND OCASSIONALLY USED CONDOMS. I'VE GOTTEN CHECKED BETWEEN EACH PARTNER AND HAVE HAD NO STD'S OR PREGNANCIES. I'VE HAD AN ODOR PROBLEM THAT I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS! I'VE ASKED MY DOCTOR ABOUT IT AND IVE GOTTEN NO RESULTS. IS IT BECAUSE OF MY MULTIPLE PARTNERS? I GET A REALLY THICK DISCHARGE SOMETIMES, ACCOMPANIED BY THE ODER, AND I SHOWER 2X A DAY! PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS! MEDICATIONS? HOW I SHOULD BATHE, CLOTHING- ANY ADVISE WOULD HELP!
KDG
you're welcome.  glad I could help!
555
I too have been experiencing a weird vaginal smell in the last week. My boyfriend and I are really sexually active and we went a week of not having sex and that is when I noticed a "funky" smell.. is it because I have not been releasing any fluids like I normally do, or is it because we are too sexually active?
well i am in the same boat as the 19-year-old,and i was molested too by more than one person when i was younger. i have had a lot of sexual partners,but i've had 9. now i have an embarrassing oder as well. i bathe regularly and it doesn't help. my doctor gave me a treatment for bacteria vaginosis but it didn't work. the sad thing is i CAN'T SMELL IT!!! no one will tell me directly that i smell like fish but they'll find some type of way to talk about fish! people can be SO cruel. as this problem goes on my self esteem is dropping but on the outside i continue to act like everything is o.k. i also have the thick white discharge,and just about every time i go to the doctor i get a diflucan pill!!i've been tested for every std in the book and i'm clean! i just don't know what else to do and i don't want to keep going to  the doctor because i don't have health insurance right now. somebody told me i should douche with yogurt!!??? could somebody please lend some credible advice?
I've had sex with 3 people and with the first 2 there was never any smell at all, but with my boyfriend now, there seems to be a bad fishy odor that wont go away.  Its is so strong when we are having sex, and then after, I go and wash with like, Summer's Eve, and the smell is gone, but when we have sex, the smell is back!  Strong as ever!  I tried the Summer's Eve douche and then washed, and the smell won't go away!  I was diagnosed with a yeast infection a few months ago, and it was treated.  I had another one and treated that too.  So, what's the problem?  I feel so bad when we have sex, because i know it smells horrible!!  Can anyone help out?
KDG
hey dreamer24.  it souunds like to me you have a bacterial infection which is easily treated with the right medication from your doctor.  the catch to it is that your boyfriend needs to be treated for it as well b/c he can carry the bacteria in his scrotum and never have a symptom but will continue to pass it to you.  another thing i've been told by my doctor is that using those feminine clensing products can also cause worst infections b/c they tend to throw off your natural harmonal balance.  hope this helps
I went to the doc this morning for the same reason!  My husband brought up that I have an odor.  I can't smell it, it's not an STD or a yeast infection.

My doctor confirmed that I don't have a yeast infection, but it may be bacterial.  She said that women need to make sure they're wiping properly (from front to back), use Dove soap for sensitive skin, and wash my undies in Dreft.  

The only time I don't have the odor is after one of my vinegar baths, but the smell returns soon after.

Good luck.
I, too, have a VERY strong vaginal odor, but have been checked year after year and have no infections or anything the doctor can find.  I don't smell until I become sexually aroused and then it's AWFUL!  He describes it as a strong smell of wood!  I don't know what causes this and am positive there is nothing wrong vaginally with me, such as infection, bacteria, etc.  I even take acidopholis pills to balance my natural bacteria.   We never smell it until I get excited and even though I have no ovaries, I still get extremely wet, as I always have....too wet! Does anyone else have this problem where they don't have an odor UNTIL they become excited?
Sorry about the above comment.

I'm 18 and i've noticed my vagina has a stench to it. It's not fishy like some problems are it smells kind of fecal, but not strongly of it. For instance i can't smell it on my finger after touching myself until my hand is about 5inches from my nose. And i have a boyfriend and asked him about it and e says he has noticed it since the first time we had intercourse about a month ago but i've notied it since a bit before that. Im not sure what to do i know its not Recto Vaginal Fistula because i've never had a baby or been pregnant nothing of the sort and like i said its not too too strong of a smell but im i don't know what to do about it. Can someone help?
I use to have the same kind of problem that all of you have. I have found a way to stop the smell. After I was downthere in the shower, I take white vingar and put in a cup and then put some water with it and then rinse down there. You know it works. Plus I put just reagular deorant on there as well.Some may itch them, but I get a gentle one and use with the vingar rinse and I am order free all day
I had that same problem for so long and just didnt even notice and i went for a pap and it was Vaginitis, she said it wasnt bad and gave me pills to take and it was gone just like that
I am 22 years old and I have an awful smelling vagina.  It all started about a year ago, I slept with a woman, and ever since then I have had this problem. Never in my life have I smelled bad in any way, no matter what I used or who I slept with.  It smells like something dead, it's terrible and I am at my wits end with this.  I have done everything, I have done the iodine ******, gone with out sex, vinager baths, different soaps, different foods and I don't know what else to do. I have a kind of phobia when it comes to doctors, I just don't want to go.  I just need to know whether or not this sounds like something serious.  I have searched the web and every std I could find and none of them sound anything like what I have.  I have no other symptoms, I have no pain, no burning, no itching....nothing, except the smell and it's not fishy at all.  Sometimes my discharge will start white and turn to a yellowish color, and the smell usually gets worse when I use the dove mild soap.  Sometimes after I have sex, the smell gets worse, sometimes it don't  Please somebody I really need help with this!!!!  
Go get tested for HPV precancerous changes onthe cervix
Im 19 And Im Not Sexually Active Yet & Im Also Over Weight.. I Have A Problem With Wetness & Odor.. I Have No menstrual periods because i have polycystic ovarian disease(Cyst On My Ovaries).. I Take Showers Everyday.. After My Shower Theres No Odor, But as the day goes by so does the wetness and the odor.. I Could take A Shower & Wake Up & Have Some Wetness, Then It Just progresses throught the day. The Wetness Leave Dark Stains On My Underwear & I Been Having This Problems Since I Was Younger.. People Tell Me Its Normal For Some Discharge On Your Underwear & Im Wondering If Thats True & What Is Causing The Wetness And Odor?? Could It Be A Weak Bladder??
Being overweight has its problems with the vagina.  I am also overweight and because of legs rubbing together and trapping moisture, I too sweat a lot and my underwear are usually very wet.  I try to change them as often as I can.  I can't say I smell fishy...but I do get a slight sweaty odd smell if its been a very long day at work and I come home.  

I don't think you're peeing on yourself... so I wouldn't worry about that.  Its just that between having a bigger tummy and bigger legs doesn't allow the vagina to breathe well and you will get a lot of sweat.  

It is normal for a woman to have some kind of discharge... mine is clear and rather watery... but if its white or chunky or the discharge is smelly then its probably an infection.  

My doctor just told me the only way I'm gonna fix it is to 1. shower every 6 hours or 2. lose some weight.

Hope that helps.
TRY ASKING YOUR OBGYN DOCTOR TO GIVE YOU FLAGYL IT WILL MAKE THE SMELL GO AWAY,ALSO IF THAT DOESN'T WORK I JUST FOUND A SIT FOR THIS DRUG THAT THEY HAVE OUT THAT IS SUPPOSE TO MAKE THE SMELL GO AWAY ALL TOGETHER,BUT IT IS EXPENSIVE,IT'S CALLED ENZARA
OK ladies..I too have this problem,the terrible vaginal and genital odor which also goes to my bottom. Ive seen my gynecologist for this and he all but told me to take  bath. I bathe twice daily (sometimes 3 times daily)., and the odor always come back after about 2-3 hours. As the day goes on it gets stronger and stronger. i've tried baking soda in my bath because it's supposed to eliminate odors and its mild to the skin, and I've also tried peroxide in my bath because it's supposed to help eliminate infections. None of these have helped permanently. My co-workers don't come out and tell me directly that I smell (thank God), but they say little things and I know that they're directed towards me. As you all already know, this is very embarrassing. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Why Yogurt? What is in yougurt that causes it to help vaginal smells?
Also, what if you dont like yogurt?  I'm not really into eating yogurt, but I will, if it will work.  What would help is that I can figure out what is in yogurt that effects the body, than maybe I can eat something else with the same thing in it...
I have an odor that smells like B.O. I get it pretty often, not all the time. I have gotten it ever since i was 13. It's so embarrassing. I hate to go to the bathroom where i know someone else is going to go in behind me. I don't want them to smell it. I have never heard of a B.O. odor coming from down there before. Have any of you? What is it and what do you do about it? I take a shower everyday and sometimes when i come home that evening I'll smell like it. Sometimes it is very strong and other times it's not. The smell is usually just in my panties. Please help!
im 23 and i have this nasty stinky smell that come from down there i can't stand it i tryed everything that i can find from valgnal creams to vingar,  but  the only thing i can say is try to stay as dry as your can and wear coton panties that help some time, and you can also where panty liners to help also, that sim to work also and you know what  else that i found out you can do is but a cap full of bleach and your bath water.
Yes when you go to the toilet just rinse well with water or baby wipes to remove all wetness and use corn starch baby powder to help with wetness and odor.
Ok ladies, If your noticing a different smell or discharge it may probably be a sign of infection. A vaginal infection is present when the normal vaginal discharge changes color, becomes heavier or smells different, or if there is itching, burning, swelling, or redness around the vagina.
One infection could be Bacterial Vaginosis (which is a common infection) and when symptoms occur, they may include: Unusual vaginal discharge with an unpleasant odor,The discharge might be milky white with a “fishy” odor. The odor can be worse after sexual intercourse,. Other symptoms women may experience include itching or burning in or near the vagina. Some women have no symptoms. If you feel like you have any of these symptoms please go visit your doctor and get tested. If you have bv, your doctor will prescribe metronidazole (Flagyl, Protostat). This medication is taken by mouth. There are other medicines that may be taken by mouth for this infection, such as clindamycin (Cleocin), and there are also vaginal creams and gels. You will not be able to drink or have sex for a week. while on these meds. I know that can suck sometimes though. Your partner does not need to be treated because BV has not been proven to be a sexually transmitted infection. Some women get BV again and again. It is not clear why or how this happens. These suggestions for good vaginal health may help:
Wipe from front to back (away from the vagina) after bowel movements to avoid spreading bacteria from the rectum to the vagina.
Keep the vulva (outside of the vagina) dry and clean.
DO NOT ******. Douching is never a good idea, especially with BV.
Avoid feminine hygiene sprays, harsh soaps, or soaps with lots of perfume.
Avoid clothing that can trap moisture: pantyhose (wear pantyhose with cotton crotch) or latex exercise clothing.
Using condoms may decrease BV recurrence for some women.
Now there is also a Yeast infection (which is a common infection). If this is present, there may be larger amounts of thick, white,(like cottage cheese), or no discharge at all. Other common symptoms include itching, swelling, irritation or redness around the vaginal area. A yeast infection is usually treated with creams and suppositories that are placed in the vagina. The length of treatment may vary from one to seven days. Some of these medicines are now available without prescription, such as miconazole (Monistat) and clotrimazole (Gyne-Lotrimin or Mycelex-G), and you may use then when you know you have a yeast infection.
Also, Trichomonas vaginitis, which is sometimes called "trick," is the third most frequent vaginal infection. Like bacterial vaginosis, this infection often causes an increased amount of discharge, which may be Green, yellow, or gray in color; frothy. Sometimes, the discharge smells different. Itching may be present but is less likely than with a yeast infection. Trichomonas vaginitis is also treated with metronidazole, taken by mouth. However, because this infection is often passed back and forth between sexual partners, it is necessary that the partner also take the medication to prevent it coming back.
I hope all this information that I have provided will help you.
Also one more thing, it is very normal to have a discharge. Common to all women, normal vaginal secretions help vaginas stay healthy by regularly flushing them out and maintaining their normally acidic environment. Healthy vaginal juices can have a mild scent, or no aroma at all, and can be:
Clear or milky white when moist, Yellowish in color when dried, Mucus-like or stringy in consistency
Heavier: During midcycle when ovulation occurs, when sexually aroused, during pregnancy, when using birth control pills. The amount of discharge is different for each woman. Some women have a little discharge now and then. Others have discharge every day. Your "normal" discharge might change many times throughout your life.
Sorry for writing a book but I like to be very detailed when I give some advice/information. But like I said I hope this information will help.

I heard that tomatoes make it smell stronger
ladies take 100mg of Chlorophyll dietary supplements daily to help with any type of body odors (ex. vaginal odors, bad breath). It acts as a internal deodorizer. Plus eat/drink yogurt with active cultures daily to help maintain the normal ph of your vagina and to keep away yeast infections.
im 25 years old and i lost my virgity last year and now im sexually active with only one partner. i noticed this smell in my vagina later this year. I also wanted to know if this is also the cause why i cant get pregnant.
i will appreciate all your comments...

thank you...
I always have an odor to my vag., it changes, sometimes its a swety urine like smell, sometimes its plain reg vag, but strong, and sometimes its like slightly old beef in the fridge..I dont know why. It grosses me out, its not a yeast infection, never fishy, and not an STD, I'm still a virgin too.

I might try the yogurt thing, but if its not a yeast infection, how will that work??

I wipe the right way, and wash myself down there between baths. Also its usualy a liquid around there, not sweat, not oil, or discharge or anything, just, clear, and that smell. Anyone know what it is?

The smell is so bad, that if Im just sitting, I smell it. I dont know if other people smell it, i've asked and they say no, but it scents my clothes too.

help?
Thanks so much for your comment. I will definately ask a doctor about the prescriptions mentioned. Thank you.
Is it possible for vaginal yeast infections to cause strong body odors? D:
and if so, what can i do to stop it?
cause like its totally embarressing.
im 26 and have been with the same partner for nearly 7 years. i do experience a heavy odor and a discharge. i even tried bathing 3 times to see if it works.... smell comes back after couple of hours. i have gotten second (and third) opinion as to the cause. they ran tests and guess what... no yeast infection nor bacterial vaginosis. despite the results doc did put me on the anitfunal and antibiotics because i insisted on the treatment. i tell u what...there has been no change and im so open to any suggestion.
i too have the samn problem with myself when i first smelled it i was at skool and it was 2 weeks ago it is taking a toll on me because i be so fearful someone is going to say something to me in school. it smells like trash or something and i take 3 baths a day tog et rid of the odor and i tried to wipe with cleansing wipes and put perfume on but that makes it worser. it gets on to my undergarment and leaves a yellowish stain. i dont know what it is i don'twant to go to the doctor becasue i am scared.. what should i do people with your honest opinions....
thanxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
femanol all natural vaginal odor eliminator, trust me try it then come back and tell me how happy you are
Where can I purchase the Femanol all natural vaginal odor eliminator?  I definitely want try it.
Thanks...
are u a doctor??  how do u know all of this stuff??
i have no itching, burning, painfull urination...just the odor!!  what do you think this is??  
note..... some medications can cause the odor  to. i know some diabetic medd can cause it and some others to
i too have a bad odor.most times it smells pissy, but then my panties are never wet. i have seen doctors and have had different meds, but none have worked. i have tried chlorophyll, didn;t work. where do i find femanol all natural vaginal order eliminator.
I found Femanol at Amazon.com, I haven't bought it yet though...there are no reviews from other customers on it either so I'm kind of nervous about the purchase because it's $67.
i have this discharge everyday, the same fishy horrible odor, and sometimes it smells like ammonia if youput your panties to your nose and smell. i've been to  the doctor everything is fine pap smear hiv test no yeast infection she give me medicine that may take the smell away for about a week but then it;s right back agein but the medicine is suppose to make it go away she says. i have very very bad odors, i have to use a tampon everyday while at work because the odor is so foul, i know that the tampon just contains the odor inside but even while i have it on i can still get a wift of the odor god knows its horrible and embarrassing to be around people. i bathe consistently before work after work later in the day if i'm about to have sex i make sure i take a bath at least 5mins before hand the odor goes away a bit not as strong until its over you can smell the fishyness in the room. so now i burn a scenty candle or something to take away the stink.my male companion never complain i geuss cause they probably don't know haow to go about the approach, but i do ask do i stink or smell funny and the reply be no, but i tend to beleive them because i continue to have sex with them on the regular bases.i just want a cure or something to make this smell disappear,CAN YOU HELP ME OR FIND ME A DOCTOR WHO HAS A BETTER IDEA THAN MY DOCTOR
i have an odor thats yellowish discharge that has an odor but got checked and i do not have any stds or a bacterial infection of any kind or a yeast infection. it started about a year ago and lasted even when i was pregnant goes away during peroid. im so angry,i guess i am gonna try all these things i guess and see.
I too had an odor problem and I tried Summer's Eve feminine wash, just recently, and I haven't really had any more problems. Hopefully, they won't return!
i read on the site that someone had tried using vinegar. so far its working for me. i bathe and then use about a half cup mixed with water and pour it down my private areas and then i try and wash it in real good. so far it has been working. don't ask me how because it is not being used internally and i know the smell has too be internally. i just hope it doesn't return because i too have been to doctors and every prescription i have used has worked for a while and then it returns. its been about three weeks using the vinegar.
Ok, I have the same problem as most of the other ladies....I've noticed a bad smell for a while now...I've only had sex two times in my whole life...and I got checked after those times for STDs but the doctor said I had nothing. My problem is I notice the smell when I pee, and it's really embarressing. It's kind of fishy....ew..but for real, and my pee was really yellow for a while, and I also notice white-ish discharge...I think I have some type of infection, but I really don't know. My doctor only told me to drink more water for the pee thing, which does help...but the odor is still there.

Do these things really help? :
100mg of Chlorophyll dietary supplements
Yogurt
Summer's Eve?
Vinegar washing?

My question about the vinegar is, doesn't it just make everything smell like vinegar? I'm not sure I want to try that.
I need some advice!!!
I use ivory soap  ..never take a bath cause baths are for babies and ladies invest in a double shower our bodies are like men and when we have and don't have sex our bodies go throu a hormone change..and the shower head gives a deeper cleaning to the kitty area. and pat dry with a clean towel not the towel from yesterday ok..casue it holds lil things i call creeps that sit on the towel dust.. air that flows over ppl walking in and out heat dry all towels and place in a cabnet

and ladies use the double shower head for release too it helps with the daily build up that we have ok and this should work

always bathe b4 swimming....****** regular vinger and cold water 3 dayz after you period so that way the kitty can breath and ladies when at home sit free like no panties with a skirt we do need air and it will take away stress from lil miss kitty and keep her neat on the hair casue that keeps the smel going u can trim or shave or wax your lil gitty up..... and ladies use ivory soap and have your partner use the same soap on his penis and if you use toys use a condom thae is for ladies like trojans for ladies the lil purple pack

Do these things really help? : no they don help
Yogurt
Summer's Eve?
Hello ladies,
Unfortunately, I too have been having vaginal odor problems for awhile now....like a few years.  I've been back and forth to doctors and it's been the same routine...metronidazol, flagyl, diflucan(for yeast), etc...they work then the infection whether yeast or bacteria return.  I also have fibroids.  Through research my husband and I have found out that my reoccurring infections are as a result of my fibroids and hormonal imbalance. To make a very long story short, along with douching which I know is not best to do, especially a lot, because it does disturb the natural vaginal flora,  I've tried Femanol. I noticed some have recommended it, well from my personal experience it was a wasted $67...They say that you should notice a difference after taking them for a couple of days, I gave it 2 weeks and then some with no results....so use at your own risk...I could go on and on about my issues because I can sympathize with most if not all of you here, but I suspect it would be redundant...smile.  
HI SOMETIME I SMELL WHEN I HAVE SEX WITH MY HUSBAND ALOT.  I USE LINER EVERYDAY AND CHANGE THEN 4 OR 5 TIME ADAY IT IS SOMETHING I DID FOR YEARS.  I DONT USED THE LINER BECAUSE I SMELL BUT I KNOW PEOPLE WHO DO AND SOMETIME I WONDER IF I DO SO I JUST DO IT IN CASE.  ANOTHER THING  I DO IS WHEN IT'S HOT I SHAVE BECAUSE THE HAIR HOLD ORDER.  EVEN IF U HAVE HAIR UNDER YOUR ARMS SHAVE.  AND USE BABY POWER JUST A LITTLE.  I JUST THINK IF U USE THE BATHROOM AND U CAN SMELL YOURSELF EVERYONE ELSE CAN TOO.  SOMETIME FOOD CAN CAUSE U TO SMELL SO JUST TAKE NOTES OF WHAT U EAT OR DRINK.  TAKE NOTES WHEN YOUR SMELL IS WORST (SUMMER, WINTER, ETC)  EVERYBODY IS DIFFENENT AND OUR BODY IS DESIGN TO TAKE IN THINGS AND LET GO OF THINGS SO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY
If you cannot stop it the smell then block it, use a oil based perfume. On her hands, an oil based perfume is a strong perfume which can destory any nasty smell. However only put 2 drops on your hand and rubbed it. You can get from the body shop or any where else. This will cover it for as long as the perfume lasts.
Oh i forgot i also recommond the villian smelling ones ( it lasts about 2 hours and is nice smelling)
Hello.  I think what many of you are experiencing is a vaginal bacteria.  If you consistently get tested by your docs and they agree it's not an STD or yeast issue, then....
I am 34 years old, and have been dating an uncircumsiced man for two years (first time it started was with him and only after he came in me).  My doctor's and homeopaths have recommended  probiotics + yogurt.  I've used antibiotics which cleared everything up but he hasn't taken them yet, so it kept coming back.

sum 1 help! coz dis sucks big time! i tend to get this really awful funky smell just after my periods!! and they last for weeks, till my next period comes, it woz soo bad at a point wen even my brother could smell it, when we were at the cinema. He didnt want to say anything but it waz jus so bad he had to ask me. I thought only i could smell it, but aparently not! i tried wearing panty liners to stop the smell getting onto my nickers and clothes, i change them frequently, even tried using femine wipes, deodorants and washes dat prevents the smell, but dey all dnt work! wots worse is the more i used them the more i react to the products. i think dey give me thrush. ive been tested for sexual infections but i came out all clear, so i dnt know wots wrong with me, its always after my period! although i noticed that after having sex, like 3 days later the smell tends to go away? well something like that. pls some 1 help! its soo embarrassing!! do i use vinegar? some tips pls, sorry for the long story, i just need sum help!!
Damn......
Im sorry but all muslim women dont smell like peaches and cream....most of you women smell like yall dont where deodorant, take a bath or brush you teeth and carry lots of body odor that you probably used to smelling thats why you dont smell yourself.. I most public bathrooms in the US dont have a place to wash your va jay jay after pis and poo. If they do holla at missykrissy please.,...
Well I'm 18 and I've been having this strong fishy vaginal order for about I week now and its driving me crazy. I've NEVER had even a normal ordor, i've always been very clean, but this is unbearable. The weid thing is that I stopped taking my birth control almost two weeks ago and i began spotting,for like two days off and on. I figured it was just an effect of the hormone change but then I wondered if I was pregnant?  I stopped spotting, had sex one day later and spotted again yesterday...is this just a dark discharge or am I infected with an STD or something. My new boyfriend and I never use protection and I wonder if he has given me something or is it Bacteria Vaginiti (I pray) I also had like really bad itche episodes in the inside of my vaginal lips almost 3 weeks ago so I'm trying to figure our whats wrong with me...buying all these vagisal products are wearing on me just to control order. I also bought a screening test last night and my PH was 5...omg I'm trying to get a doctor's app. for tommorow..does anyone know wats wrong with me?
I'm a guy, and my girlfriends area is very strong... a cross between fish and umm almost like a wet dog.  To be honest, it can get very bad and make my stomach turn.   I got lots of advice in this forum thanks!  

The question I need you to help with is... how do I bring it up with her?  Shes moderately sensitive.   I need some women to help me out... how would you want your guy/girl to tell you?

(Its so bad that after sex my clothes or blankets have to be all washed in hot water, and the smell on my hands doesn't wash off easily.)
I sprinkle  a small amount of baking soda over my vaginal area as well as my panties in the morning to keep the odors away and it works.  I no longer have an odor.  Even after I remove my panties at night no odor is detected.
hi im only 15 years old and i had this problam for about 2 years and when i finaly went to the doctors they told me i have a bacterial infection cause i was alergic to perfumed soaps that i used to cleam my self and he refured me to derriford hospital in plymouth and they gave me antibiotics, i took them for a week and the smell went, i hope this helps because it is very embarresing and as bein a teeneger in school the children there can be crule about it but not its gone i feel better then ever
Its really sweet of u that u havnt told her yet and considered about feelings,
I got almost same problem with myself and my hubby complained to me many times,infact all the time ,in case we stoped doing sex 5 years ago and still its same.

Now the best way is,tell her u read about vaginal odour blog in some forums and i got to know tht its dangerous for women health then i realized u also have same smell and since i m very concerned about u ,i want u to go Doc or tell her the all about preventions,like cotton panti,use odourless soups,dun wear tight under dresses and keep it open when u on bed and eat yougurt...

she would love that u r concerned about her ;)
im eaten yogurt right now, some people say my odors fishy and some say its toxic smelling, like chemicals, i ate yogurt yesterday and got no complaints about a smell like usual i think its working, ill also wash with vinegar later which i think could help also, i cant smell it myself so wish me luck! this problem is debilitating, i quit my job and i left school i got so many comments, everyone thought i was unheigenic C*%ts! Do you reckon it matters what yogurt you eat? i just eat low fat passionfruit its really creamy and nice GOODLUCK ALL OF YALL
I found another website that had heaps of information on BV which i think most of us suffer from, ill give you the link, theres heaps of entrees written i read through all 360 of them and found that these are the cures- http://www.viable-herbal.com/products/prod64.htm these herbs are suppose to eliminate all symptoms including the smell, it also acts as a great immune system guard. another cure for this is http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Primadophilus+Reuteri+&category0= these probiotic are exactly what we lack in bacteria down there. these capsules taken orally and mixed with plain yogurt inserted in the vagina cures it, i dont think you need to insert vaginally that often but taken orally it cures it.

The forum link is http://www.womens-health.com/boards/gynecology/386-chronic-bacterial-vaginosis.html theres 14 pages of blogs so dont miss that GOODLUCK GUYS iv already ordered the primadophilus reuteri beccause the herbs dont ship to Australia see ya! x
Hey Guys, I'm a 35 yr old woman, one who had never even heard of BV until I met my now ex 18 months ago. I have a Daughter who is 8, I'm healthy, don't take drugs etc.The first time I had unprotected sex with him, about 2 days later I had this horrendous smell of fish which made my blood run cold. All STD check came back negative. I searched the internet OVER and OVER, reading hundreds of websites on BV. I tried EVERYTHING I came across from yoghurt, garlic, folic acid, acidphilous...you name it I tried it. I'd be treated with metronizodol (be VERY aware of this drug given over a few courses as I had nerve damage through it, if you suffer any tingles in your hands or feet ask for clyndamycin as it does not affect the central nervous system). In the past I have never ever come across anything like this and in all honesty I have had 15 sexual partners in my life. I even considered was it my hormones changing? I had a smear test to rule that out.....every damn thing I could think of. When we used a condom I had NO symptoms. You know what ladies, I did finally did discover how to get rid of this once and for all, without any of the various products you can try......I ditched the dirty Son of a ***** who I'd been with for a yr as I discovered he was frquently visiting hookers and having unprotected sex!!!!! BV is bacterial, or in my case it was, sexual related. I had NO idea he was doing this. Not all men are like this I know and BV is related to many issues, different soaps etc but if like me this starts with a new guy PLEASE be sure this guy is genuine.....I got rid of the dirty vile smell when I got rid of the dirty vile guy ;)
please help =[ I'm only 15 and I've recently noticed a strong vaginal smell. It's only been in the last few days, and tbh i wouldn't usually worry about it, but I'm seeing my boyfriend for the first time in 12 weeks on Friday, and I'm worried he'll notice or anything.
It kind of like a meaty smell =[ That sounds so disgusting but it's true. And I get very thick discharge, but I put that down to being on the pill for a few years? For period pains, not for contraceptive use, but I do have a sexually relationship and have had several relationships, but none of them had stds, and all had been checked. My current bf I have been with for almost a year now, so I know he oesn't have anything.

I'm really worried!!! It's just suddenly so horribly strong :S I don't know if other people can smell it, and I've always had a strong odour, but, yeh, it's just suddenly so strong :S I don't have any stds or infections as far as I know, but I have had some yeast infections last year, and I have had cystitus when I was younger.

PLEASE HELP! thanks
Fish smell is the bacterial tric. It is not yeast or vaginosis. Triconomis..(sp). Fish smell, actually fish smell. Dr can give you something to clear it up. Can be spread between people, techincally a STD. Real tired of women saying Fish is yeast or normal. Another way I would go if I was desperate and broke and I had severe itch and Fish ordor is a VERY VERY weak bleach ******. I have done this myself once and I learned it from my Mom. Get a traditional ****** bag and get like a Teaspoon of bleach and mix it up in a cup of water, before adding it to the large volume of water in a douch bag (not the little ones). You may end up with a yeast infection later, but that is easier to clear up.
I have also had problems with BV, Boric Acid suppositories (get the Dr. to write a scrtipt for a Compound and the pharamcy can make it). It took care of the BV, then keep a few for occiasional use.
Some of these deodorants and powders that we use irritate the virgina and cause it to smell.Sometimes I use the betadine pessaries to get rid of it all.
Sometimes it's urinary tract infection that causes your virginal ph to increase and cause it to smell.If u got a discharge assess ur urine output,color and smell.If u have the tract infection drink plenty.Cranberry juice does help.Go see your doctor and get trimethoprim tablets.Virgisil is very good to get rid of odours if you gonna sleep with a guy.u get it in chemists.Men don really care bout odours cuz they just want to put it in.Finguring or any form of masterbation does contribute to the virginal infection as it introduces bacteria to the virgina.Wash with cold water and cut down salt in your diet.In rare cases bv is a sign that ur partner has urethritis which females don't get.Investigate on your partner.Never wipe back to front.Too much rough intercourse can irritate the virgina.If a guy ejaculates in your virgina wash it early.Don't store the sperm for long cuz it may cause problems and itchiness.Hence the more u scratch the virgina the more bacteria you introduce to it.Wipe your virgina properly after having a wash.Shower is safer than a bath cuz it lessons the amount of bacteria that goes in your virgina.Stay with cansten cream or pessaries incase of any thrush.Touch your virgina with clean hands.Dont allow your partner to fingure you with a ring in his fingure as it habours germs.
Can we get an MD's opinion on this one?
In all the posts I read I do not see one mention of diet. What you eat is what you put out, whether in taste or odor. I remember my ex-husband starting to wander down that way one day and telling me I had a slight odor, not noticable until his face was smack dab buried in it. lol. Since I grew up in a house with a bidet I never thought about it. We got married and he just never went there again. I divorced, met a guy who was into veganism and I started to shift my diet towards more vegetables, fish, and fruits and less red meats. No more smell. DH is a fiend and I am happy about it. Check your diet... if it is the SAD one we all grew up with then you may be doing your body a disservice and this is the result. It was for me.

As for the yoghurt, this is not the fruit yoghurts filled with tons of sugars. Get the plain organic kinds or the ones spiked with probiotics, but very little sugar. For one of my girlfriends this helped her very well. Everyone is different in their bodies responses to the foods we eat. Mine responded to diet changes(getting rid of tons of meat) and hers to adding yoghurt to her diet.
Femanol is the only products that elimates the odor. I bought it and within about three to four days  my  problem had gone.I also researched the websites etc,,,dont waste any more time on deodorants etc.  this product will work...   I feel like a new woman.  Honestly, you must try it,. you wont regret it...
rephresh is also quite good
This is so helpful. I have been feeling like Im the only one going through this. I have had a smell for the past 4 years. In and out of doctors, medications after medications. negative std results. Everytime they gave me antibotics it would go away and then after my next period it would be back. Mine is not a fishy odor, it is more like old acidic urine smell, which is making me wonder if I am leaking small amounts of urine throughout the day.  I  recently noticed that the first time in the day it comes is after the first time I urinate and then my undies are wet and the odor is there. I too, take 2-3 showers daily. I am so embarrased by the odor that my fiance and I did not have sex for a year. I recently began having sex with him again b/c I know that it is important to a marriage and he is very understanding of what Im going through. I dont really have odor during sex or after, I just make sure I take a shower before.  It's funny b/c now that we have sex the odor will go away for a couple of days after but then just come right back unless we are at it within 3 days. I used to do the panty liner thing, but it did not seem to work. I have to agree with Miadora. I think  it is due to my diet and weight gain. I never had a problem until I started gaining a lot of weight. So I am actively trying to lose weight and change my diet. I also noticed that the oder is not as strong when I drink alot of water. I hate water, so I always end up stopping for awhile. So I will try the vinigar thing and continue to drink water and hope as I continue to lose pounds the odor will go away. I have a new doctor, so I am going to try to swing this by him and pray he is willing to look into it more than other doctors did. This is so annoying, I know. but your not alone. The things women go through.....
o.m.g tell me about it! ladies, IM 24 and i started having this problem june of 06. i got some mitrocondizole(think that how u spell it) and it would work for maybe a month or so and then come right back! its so embarassing, sometimes i change panties bout 3 times a day to keep the smell down! i shower normally, and keep myself clean down there, but it doesnt seem to help. i was hoping that i didnt have a cyst that was infected and draining or anything like that! im too embarassed to have sex....its AWFUL! even after i ****** it doesnt seem to help....WHAT SHOULD I DO?
I am eighteen. I have only had one sexual partner, and I'm not sure what to do about my problem with odor. I have had the same partner for two years, and I never noticed a smell at all until about a month ago. It's so unpleasant that my boyfriend doesn't even want to be intimate. I notice it sometimes when I'm sitting, and of course when I go to the restroom. I wash extra obsessively now, and bought some feminine wipes today as well. I noticed that if i am showering and use regular bar soap, i.e jergesons or ivory soap, the smell over powers the soap while i am washing, and i can smell it during my shower. If i use a rose scented soap bar that I recently bought, it seems to be gone for a few hours after I shower.

I don't know what to do though, because it won't go away. Any suggestions? I eat quite a bit of yogurt as is and that hasn't helped me at all.
also I've noticed that if my boyfriend and I do have sex, it starts to smell immediately. He comments on it occasionally, and afterwards it engulfs the entire bedroom. It's so embarassing. I haven't gone to the doctors because i always assumed that if i had some sort of infection it would be sore or hurt meanwhile.
You know what missykrissy was right about what she said.  Don't try to say it's just all other women who have vaginal order and not muslim women cuz it's a lie.  You guy stink also, you're whole bodies, breathe, clothes and the whole 9 yards, so get the **** over yourself, and let me know also where there are public restrooms in america where you can wash yourself after us use the restroom ***!!!!
im 19, and i play volleyball..

we wear spandex and get sweaty and usually dont wear underwear underneath. im trying to figure out how i can have such a horrible smell. my moms a nurse and is constantly telling me to go get it checked out but im nervous to. i dont even know where i'd go to do that. a clinic?

its so incredibly embarring to be sitting in the huttle and everyone commenting on a stink. usually if its that noticable.
i have had a smell down there since i was a teen, however, it was not STRONG until my husband and i started having unprotected sex.  he never complains, but we have talked about it.  Literally the minute he ejaculates inside of me, the odor is overwhelming.  I have tried everything on here without success, but this is what I do to help prevent the odor, I dont let him finger me, and we use a condom and water based lube.  i have began takin those acidophillus pills and have noticed a change.  

I am over weight and have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.  I took prescription meds for 2 yrs with no success in any area.  So now I am trying this entirely naturally, I have just ordered Femanol, and am eating healthier.  Doctors dont know everything, I finally listened to my body and i am finally getting somewhere.  i feel for everyone who has posted.  But everyone is different and only you know your body,  Dont give up just because the doctor offers no hope,  

Helpful Hints:  After you shower lay in front of a fan with it aimed directly on your area, bacteria breed in warm damp areas.  When it is given the chance to breathe and fully dry, the problems are less frequent.  WATCH closely your spouses hygiene/even on their hands.Put a small amount of vinegar or peroxide in a small clean spray bottle and spritz the area and allow it to completely air dry.  Keep hair clean and trim, wipe correctly and make sure you wipe COMPLETELY after every bathroom use.  If it is extra damp like after urinating the smell will be worse and more noticeable.  If your are bigger use powder or baking soda to reduce friction and absorb sweat.  Make sure if you are bathing which most people and doctors dont recommend, make sure you clean the tub with bleach or vinegar, they are full of bacteria and germs and they all get washed right inside of your vaginal area, and will make your situation worse.  
hi im 17yrs old nd i also have an odor in my vagina i go to tthe doc all the time but they say its natrual discgarge my discharge is like a yellowish,clear i bathe everyday but the odor usuallys occur hours later wat should i do??? while im having sex the odor does NOT occur but im still worried
hello everyone. I am having the same problem. I have a horrible odor "down there". But guess what? I Have HPV which is caused by STD. I was treated with antibiotics for the bacterial disease but since there is no cure for the HPV  I think that is the cause I have that ugly odor. It smells like a dead rat..... UHU!! that bad. and If any one knows any thing that might help me, please let me know. I dont know if I should use Eve ****** or not. Can someone tell me if I should? Will it make me any harm if I have HPV?

Thanks, Mary Z.
ok ladies i am in the same boat and i also have all the problems symtons etc; i am now bleeding after sex ,i have an apt again and i hope i can also find a cure its disturbing its been going on for a long time now i have also been told to eat yogurt etc; and i will try and repost if anyone can explain the bleeding which just started please let me know also i do use a condom and i am 40 so please advice asap
Hey, just wondering--some of you said that you smell bad after you've had sex. Is it possible that it is the guy's that are causing the smell inside you?
Please read this ladies. My heart goes out to every woman on this page as I suffered BV for a yr and tried EVERYTHING possibly known to try to help, from acidofilus, yoghurt, probiotic drinks to having my hormones checked and a smear. NOTHING took it away, it only appeared after unprotected sex with my partner at the time, this started when I met him, I'm 35 and have never had anything like that before. I was treated several times with metronizadole (which have left some nerve damage) be careful with that drug it's listed as a side effect on the box. Clyndamicin cream works just as well but without that side effect. I've had a child and a few partners over the yrs and never experienced this before with unprotected sex. The vile fish smell is generally infection and if you're having unproted sex and this only happens after, PLEASE listen to your body, GPs have limited information on BV. It makes my blood BOIL when I read how BV is not transfered by a man IT IS!!!  Not in all cases but in mine it was as the vile pathetic excuse of a man I was with was having unprotedcted sex with hookers!!! Every time you have unprotected sex it's NOT normal to need a course of antibiotics which I put to my GP, who more or less shrugged. Men pick loads of bacteria up during unprotedted sex which can EASILY be passed on.  For women on here who suffer this without having sex, I'd ask your GP to transfer you to a gyno if ya have tried all the usual, no perfumes, bubble bath etc, but if ya reading this page I'm sure it's a last attempt to find answers after everything has been tried. I now have a new partner and the first time I went to bed with him it was horrendously frightening, I'd told him all about it (as embarrasing as that was) he works in the medical profession and everything he said was true, it was never me in the first place. I even went for a swab before had just to make sure there was no bacteria floating around and everything went fine, a decent clean bloke. The vile smell went when I ditched the vile bloke. I waited 3 months for an AIDS test and that was the worst 3 month of my life. I'm a lot more careful now and a lot more cautious. I'm not saying ALL men cheat, they don't, I just ignored my intuition at the time, I'd just hate anyone else to have all this purely because of some vile excuse for a man. I wish you all well :) XCX
I'm not an expert on this, but I am in tune with my own body.  THIS ODOUR IS CREATED FROM THE INSIDE OF THE BODY.  Anything that you do externally is just a temporary masking of the odour.  The odour is bacteria (ruling out other medical infections that could be).  An overload of natural bacteria that needs a DIET SUPPLEMENT for balance.  THE ANSWER IS CHLOROPHYLLIN 100MG TWICE PER DAY.  This is a natural product that balances and eliminates all odours from the body.  I found the product FemaFresh in my local drug store, 60 capsules for $10.00 for 24 hour freshness, it's harmless.

This would be the only cure for non infections.
From: Common Sense GIRL  
I have found that an effective way for dealing with the odor related to bacteria is washing with tea tree soap.  It definitely doesn't last all day, but I noticed that after washing with it I get less discharge.  It smells a little moth ball like, and may tingle a little, but I have found it to be the most helpful.  Antibacterial soaps for the vagina can be another temporary fix, but I find that these always smell too perfume like so they never mix well with other odors.  I think the tea tree soap does the same thing the antibacterial soaps do, but don't leave a horrible scent by mixing bad odor with perfume.
i also have this odor...I wear pantyliners all the time and when I change them, there is no discharge but the liner looks dirty-as if i rubbed it on a dirty surface. The smell is not fishy either. I use fem wipes, I wash thoroughly and regularly, I use powder but the smell only goes away for a lttle while. If I dont use a liner, my panties smell like ammonia and there is always a small wet spot. I have had STD's in the past but the doc said that I dont have one now. I am very careful during sex, but it's awful because I can only have planned sex where I can wash up first. When I wash down there, the washcloth reeks, and my self-esteem plummets. My mum says try an old fashioned ******, but i hear so many stories about messing up the chemical imbalance. She wears pantyliners every day too. Is this hereditary? I don't know what I should do. Please help
lady's i know this sounds funny try puttin a pealed garlic clove in your vag ! trust me do it over night,  so you do not loose the clove inside sow a string right threw the middle . garlic will kill any unhealthy and un natural bacteria in your vag.
It's really embarrasing and I can't bring myself to tell my mum.

I am 20 year's old and I am a virgin.

I have a boyfriend living in London, and we are in love and would like to take things further, but I notice I have this smell and it's one of my biggest worries. Everyday I worry about it. I am too embarrased to go to the doctors, but if it can be treated with antibiotics, I guess I should try. I change my underwear everyday and shower everyday, and the smell is still there. It's really stressing me out, worrying about when I have sex that it's really going to smell, that's why I avoid it.

I just feel my mum's going to laugh or something.

And what if you don't like yoghurt? I havn't eaten that for ages, I'm a fussy eater and don't eat many things. I don't drink milk alone, eat cream and even butter.

Is there anything you can bathe in to help?

Or would going to the doctors be the only option?
Oop's!

I am also overweight, but I am on a diet, I am eating healthily and drinking around 4 Litres of water a day. And I am excercising by horse riding, I own 7 horses, so seeing to them is what's also helping, and I try excercises in my room.

It's hard for some people to lose weight, I guess that's metabolism, but still.

I'm aware this can be a cause, but would if still *Hopefully* clear up if I got medication from the doctor?

I really want to get rid of this problem, because I'm having basically what everyone else is having.

Like for instance, if I wear black underwear, I get white or yellowish stains, and when their washed, it stays in and turns like a brownish colour (In my underwear)

It would be a whole weight taken off my shoulders if I were to get rid of this problem.

Especially before meeting my boyfriend, I have a friend who's asked me to go up to London on the 31st and I am now stressing and panicking about it, because it's a huge oppurtunity to meet up with my guy, and all I can think about is this problem, I don't think the weight bothers me all that much, it's just the smell and everything.
Ok, so I finally talked to my mum about it...

It was really embarrasing too, and I'm finding it difficult to communicate with her now.

I told her my problem, and said can I go to the doctors, but she said they would want to do an examination.

I'm a VERY shy girl, and I just can't show the doctor my vagina. That's just embarrasing... Even if it is a woman, I just can't do that.

Is this true?

I thought you'd just tell them what you are expieriencing, like Smell and discharge.

I'm never really itchy or feel burning unless I'm on my period, but I'm ok after that.

I am so thankful that at 2:30 in the morning I have found this site.  I have been suffering for years with the problem and have felt so very alone and ashamed  It started out periodically with a mild odor and then increased over time and with the odor magnifying 1,000.  It, too, is a terrible fishy smell.  I go to my GYN, and just had an exam...everything is ok.  I don't have a yeast infection, he never mentioned a vaginal infection, I don't have discolored discharge and have only had 1 partner all of my 45 years.  I do have uterine fibroids and also suffer from incontinence, as I've had 2 babies (13 and 18 yrs now).  Both of my boys were 2.5 lbs bigger than I was suppose to vaginally deliver, with the youngest taking my insides out when he came out.  I have had a full pelvic floor lift (I don't recommend this to anyone) about 12 years ago.  Within the past 3 years, I have started "leaking" again.  I am mortified by everything.  I shower every day, I use Summer's Eve feminine powder, and am continually wiping that area, but it doesn't help.  I haven't told my GYN because I'm so embarrased!  Sometimes it smells like a cross between amonia and fish.  After reading all of these articles,I was just wondering if the acid in the urine could be causing the increase in the vaginal PH balance, thus causing the odor?  Would anyone know an answer to this?  I will try the yogurt, the Femanol and also the baking soda, other than that, I guess I'm going to have to call the GYN.  When I wear a pad, you cannot smell the odor, even when you take the pad off....it just seems to happen when any discharge or urine get onto my underwear (which are all white cotton)...so much for the "thong thing" or any "feminine panties".....If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.  I'm just so tired of this situation and am truly happy to know that I'm not as alone as I thought I was.
Try RepHresh....Works like a charm it elminates ordor itching and discomfort..I had a bad ordor and I've had it about 3 years so i wentto the store and bou the product and it works greeat!!!
I'm sorry so many of you have stinking coochies. Mine doesn't stink, thank you very much. My suggestion, assuming you don't have a medical problem: One, semen in the vagina can cause a fishy smell. The only times I have had a fishy odor was when I had semen in there.
Two, eat your veggies! And yogurt. Three, let your cooch breathe and keep it dry with talcum powder- NOT cornstarch (starch feeds bacteria) Anaerobic bacteria STINKS when contacted with air. Keep it dry, keep it aired.
Panty liners and pads with plastic will make it smell worse. So will chlorox and perfumed douches.
I worked in healthcare and I came into contact with many women and their vaginas and got to know the clients over time, and NOT all women have a noticeable odor. It seemed to be about half didn't smell, a quarter had a mild smell, and another quarter STANK! The women with the worst smells seemed to have the worse diets, also wore tight jeans etc and sat with their legs clamped together and had bad attitudes toward their vaginas. Don't hate being a woman. Being female is great!!! Taking care of yourself is simple and easy.
And guys will lie and say the smell is ok because they want to keep getting laid. Then, they will turn around and make fish jokes with their friends. Continuous stink that won't wash off easily reminds me of wet, anaerobic compost. You probably need to wash with a mild antibacterial soap, and keep it dry with talcum and air it out at night.
im starting to think this thing is viral and is transmitted, and im starting to think its the men, men and hookers men and cheating and everyone must be treated and protected until you find the real source.  covering it up wont help, just will mask the odour for a while.

When im not sexually active im fine, its only when i sleep with that ***********, that this happens everytime, i knew it was that **************!
I noticed my vagina started smelling like scampi and lemon nicnaks so for a joke, one night, when my husband was a sleep i sat on his face to see if he would notice the stench and wake up.....he didn't  ...10 minutes past by and i was becoming bored, so lifted up my bum and farted with such force it ripped of one of his eyebrows, and disloctated his jaw bone..
I have been taking Detrol for an overactive bladder, which really works, but now I have this bad odor from down there that gets worse as the day goes by. It's not a fishy smell, more like bad BO. I don't know if  the odor is due to my vagina getting dried out from the medication but I've never had the smell before I started using it. When I stop taking the Detrol the odor goes away & as soon as I go back on it , it comes back. I started using a vaginal cream & it helps. I'm thinking that some medications could cause the vagina to dry out and become disrupted so creams could be the answer. If anyone out there also takes Detrol & has this problem please let me know.... By the way, I have not been sexually active for years other then a rare do it yourself remedy which always causes a bad odor & a dry feeling for days.
I am a 45 year old woman, and know from personal experience, a woman's natural secretions change during the course of the month.  With these changes, the secretions can be thin and clear, thin and milky white, thick and clear like egg whites, or a thick and white with a pasty texture.  These are normal changes with our monthly cycle.  It is normal to have odor down there because of bacteria.  Think about it... we deal with natural vaginal secretions (the vagina is self cleansing by the way), menstural blood, and if we are sexually active... semen.  All three of these things will cause odors if we do not do the right things in cleansing ourselves.  There are things you can do to keep yourself smelling fresh and clean.  
1) Do not wash with regular bath soap, ie, Irish Spring, Coast, etc.  The tallow used to make these soaps cause a strange strong odor, or so I have noticed with myself.  I use Summer's Eve for sensative skin, usually twice a day since I am very sexually active.  
2) Never douche.  You will wash away good bacteria and make it easier for bad bacteria to take over and then you end up with BV or a yeast infection.
3) Eat yogurt every day.  Yogurt is full of beneficial bacteria, including the good bacteria we carry in our vagina.  The better your ratio of good bacteria, the less odor you will notice.  You can also use plain unsweetened natural yogurt as a vaginal supository once a week.  Works like a charm and is not harmful from what my doctor told me.  
4) Try to consume a natural diet with whole foods and drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day.  Say you way 100 lbs, drink 50 oz of water a day.  
5) Always wash up after having sex.  No need to douche.  Try sitting on the toilet for a few minutes and rinse with plain water to wash away any bacteria from the vaginal area.  
Please try these tips, they work for me and I am sure they will work for you if you are experiencing natural body odors without infection.  If you try these tips and still continue to have a very strong odor, please visit your doctor as soon as possible.  
I really found all this infromation helpful. We always think that we are the only ones huh? I have been told by my Dr. that my body makes too much batriea at times.I only noticed this when my periods started becoming abnormal. But thax to everyone that gave advice. I will be trying some of these.
I also had that problem same with you guys

so try to convince your partner that everytime you make love with him just enjoy the smell and make the best shot of it!!! uhhhm ahhhh uhhhhm ahhhh ahhhhh.....
i am nineteen and i've notice these pass days or so i have had a thick white substance on my undies, sometimes it carries an odour and other time just the thick white flued without the smell....am very worried about this! i was thinking if this has anything to do with not having sex for a long time and just thinking about it, i've notice also when i get excited the thick white flued act up more. sometimes i would take a mirro and look at my vigina and i would see the thick white flued right up... i take regular shower but after a few hours the flued would reach on my undies, it very disgusting. i also used liners thinking that would help but that helps to trap the smell, so i decided to stop wearing it, to see if it would helps. please i just need that smell to go away and that white flued to STOP!!! PLEASE HELP HELP, dont want it to reach to that stage, where people have to tell me about it, because right now its not that smelly. so before it reach to that stage, i want to get ride of it.....so please any advise? am here.. thank you!!
My sister has been a Gynecologist  for 10yrs and she’s seen some of the worst cases of the stinky kitty. The vagina isn’t suppose to  have an odor. An odor is usually a sign that something is going on down there either a yeast infect, BV or something else .   My sister  usually recommends her patients to buy  Candida to clear up yeast infections.  Bacterial Vaginosis, the top two drugs are  Flagyl  which is an oral  med also known as Metronidazole 500 MG and Clindamycin 150MG and  Amoxicillin. You can get them  online at drug delivery.

https://www.drugdelivery.ca/s31097-s-CANDIDATE-FOR-CANDIDA-AND-YEAST-INFECTIONS-116754-s.aspx

http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3503-s-FLAGYL-116754-s.aspx

https://www.drugdelivery.ca/s4789-s-DALACIN-C-116754-s.aspx

https://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3510-s-AMOXICILLIN-116754-s.aspx
Try Femanol for Vaginal Odor
I have this bad odour after sex with my boyfriend. I have neven have to smell before......what is wrong with me and what should i do. I heard that i can get this FEMANOL , what is this femanol ? for wahing our private part ? Please tell me and please tell me where can i get this. I'm in Malaysia. Can i get in any of the drug store?

I happen to go in on this forum on fishy odor from the vaginal area,ladies let me tell you it is the guy you are with most of the time. When ever you start a new relationship with a new guy, and before that you never had that problem, trust me its him ,having sex with other women un protected.So I am with the other lady's that's saying the same thing. When I started a new relationship with this guy I started having a fishy smell all the time < I stop having sex with him and it went away.Yes I had to go to the doctor everytime to get medication for it, I got tired of going to the doctor, so I got rid of his a$$.Feeling good again!!! good luck to all of you
Hi! drink plenty of water, eat fruits and specially always wash your vagina specially after urinating (with soap or w/out soap but as long you wash it then its better) and if you wash try to check in the mirror or even without mirror if that white thingy is not there... those whites are hiding in d vagina (i dont know what it called in english) try to remove that one coz it can cause a very bad odor.
And one thing buy this called TAWAS i dont know if you have this in your country but if you know any filipinos ask them on where to get tawas (its like crystal but dont buy that hard one buy the one which already smashed like cocaine looks) Ok! So, take a tawas mix it with squeeze lemon then use it as your feminine wash. (Do it before you sleep and specially when you woke up) Then, as you go to your work try to bring some of the tawas even without that lemon just use water.
This tawas was used by our greatgreat grandparents for body odour specially under arms...
I hope this will help you.
Thanks....
Is there a doctor here we can get some professional advice from?
I know where everyone is ocming from. My past wasn't the greatest either. Im only 18 and had chlamydia twice, a yeast infection, a bacterial infection, and some other sort of vaginal infection.. Even when im "clean" I still feel like im not..

I am so amazed at how many others out there is experiencing the same thing I am.  I had it BAD!!!!!  Just to let everyone know that I was diagnosed with this (BV) and it was bad.  Every story sounds like mine.  I have tried to the metrogel to rephresh and nothing had seem to work.  Taking Metronidazole and a pill from the herb store called "Ultra Probiotics" is working very well.  I am also eating yogurt everyday.  This is helping me as we speak.  If your OB/GYN is giving you the Metrogel  tell them that you would like to take the Metronidazole (pill form), this works better.  this flushes your whole system.  Please send me feedback so I know that you guys are getting better with this terrible thing.  

EmbarrasseD
I am 29 Years old, I have had the problem of the vaginal odor since I was 16 yrs old. I have had 3 children and had many many doc's apointments and nothing at all has been found as far as infections or diseases that would cause the odor,  I used to take a lot of baths instead of showers simply because I'm a bath person. But I did find that if You start to take showers DAILY, instead of baths the odor does not come until that night or the next morning instead of just an hour or so after bathing. So take a shower EVERY morning, And at mid day use a washcloth and lather it up with mild soap and wash that area and change your panties after doing so, Before you go to bed do the same exact thing until the next morning when it's shower time again. I know that changing your panties 3 or 4 times a day can add up in the laundry aspect but it is worth it. wearing a pad or panty liner to cover the smell just makes it worse, your vagina will start to sweat and you will begin to have exessive discharge that will thicken in a warn confined pad and make the smell even worse. Just wear cotton panties at all times.
I have the same problem. But mine sometimes drips out white and yellow stuff. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
so glad to find this thread as I'm also wondering if something could be wrong...bv maybe.  going to try the vinegar wash first and sleep "free" to see if that helps!
i really need help
for the past year or so i have had this awfull discharge and odd fishy smell so each day every day for the past year ive wore a tampax to hide the smell. when i remove it theres like a yellowy white discharge its so embarrasin expecially b4 sex have to say jus popping toilet.. i havnt told my other half or no one.a few months ago i was readin a mag and saw another woomen had the same problem but as i started reading mum cam in so i jus chucked it down hoping to read it later.. but never to be seen again. im 18, if i went to see a nurse would she have to look down there or what?
someone please help me out!!!

embarrsed! :$
Well, I've just trawled through this whole thread! And like many others - it's a relief to know that I'm not the only one! I never used to identify with this 'fishy' odour that people used to talk about. But now I Do! Not only fishy but a beefy smell! yuk!
I haven't yet been to the GP and am aware that using soap and other products can actually make the problem worse. Interestingly, I've noticed that since I gave up being a vegetarian (approx 4yrs ago), I have started to smell differently. I also have hypothyroidism - not sure if that has a proven connection?!
I have become so conscious of the smell that it has significantly impacted on my sex life. I've been with the same partner for 3.5yrs and we rarely have sex. I feel so aware of it. I used to enjoy oral sex but now that's gone out the window.
I know my post hasn't got any direct advice but I do empathise with all you women on here.
Keep searching I guess......
I'm 18 years old and a virgin. I've had this issue for as long as i could remember... I was molested as a child... I'm not sure if that's the reason why i've been suffering from this, but I want to get rid of it.. i'm so sick of smelling so god aweful.. I'm so emberrassed.. It doesnt help that i have a low self esteem.. I can't really get near people too close because im embarressed and scared they're goin got smell me.. I'm always wet down in my area... I don't know why or what is is.. I dont understand this.. I need help.. I'm willing to do anything to get rid of this. Please, please, please, help me.
Hi , i also have the fishy smell down there . Im only 13 and i have had this problem since 5th grade . i never told anyone about it besides my mum , my grandma , and 3 close friends . And the worst thing is , is that i have to ride a bus home from and to school , and people always say "Ewwww , someone smells like fish!" Then they look at me and start laughing . My big brother has had to punch a kid in his face for telling me i need to take bath! I take showers daily , and everytime i get out of the shower , i smell myself , and i smell good upperbody , but lowerbody "Ughh" . I just need help! Please help me anyonee:(
I am a virgin, 21, so no case for STD, thankfully! I I had one yeast infection and was treated by gyno, it went away.  Months later...no discharge, no itching, just strong odor! EXTREMELY UNPLEASANT. I hate fish so I don't really know what it smells like but it's not doable at all. Very embarrassing and impossible to hide. I know all the precautions and ways to help it(supposedly) but I wonder if there are any other cases that can think of options. My gynecologist told me she checked for EVERY infection possible and it came back totally normal. She prescribed me metro something gel for BV and I used it 5 nights but it did nothing. I can't deal with this. I appreciate any feedback or professional advice. I never thought that the week of my period would be what I look forward too! It's the only week it seems to get rid of the odor. HELP! Thanks!
Good morning everyone,  I have the answer to all of your problems.  Yesterday, I went to a Infectious Disease specialist (OB/GYN-ID) because I have been having this odor since July 2009.  Well, I've been all types of physicians such as OB/GYN, Urologist, OB/GYN Urologist, etc.  I was in the specialist's office and he could not find anything wrong with me except I had this odor.  He told me that when all the other doctors couldn't come up with anything come back and see him.  I did and he gave me the best news.  There is a device that my doctor was part of and it is FDA approved.  All I am going to say to you all PLEASE GOOGLE - waterworks douching device.  This is your answer.
I am 20 yrs old and my boyfriend and I would have sex and smell the scent of latex because of the use of condoms. We havent been using condom for the pass month now, and there were no latex scents, but we had sex this week and while having sex we were smelling the latex scents. Can someone please tell me what is causing this, this i dont need him to be wondering if am sleeping with someone else and using a condom, thats why he smells the scent...
Hi ladies I seem to be facing the same problems as most of you and have been reading a lot to help cure this problem. If you have a strong fishy odor things that I have read and seem to help are douch 50/50 with peroxide and water this will kill all the bad bacteria also go purchase acidophilus you can find this at any drug store it's a capsule either take one pill a day or you can even insert it into your vagina I do that every night and have noticed a difference. It's a friendly bacteria that helps support intestinal flora.  Best of luck.
Several approaches worked to help me beyond my doctor's appointment with this problem. I've had full improvement to neutral feminine aroma with the following:
1.) Probiotics: I take 1-3 acidophilus/bifidus wafers per day that guarantee 1 billion organisms at time of manufacture. It's the same ad yogurt, but easier and less calories.
2.) Fenugreek: 1 time per week. It acts as an internal mucilage clarifying agent and 1 Tbsp. of seeds may be softened and consumed as a tea. Not great tasting, but get it in capsules if you prefer because Fenugreek really works!
3.) Cranberry: 2 times per week. I alternate Cranberry capsules with Fenugreek. The promotion of urinary tract health by adjusting ph and the extra dose of Vitamin C.  
4.) Drink more water: at least 64 ounces daily, or 8(8oz.) glasses, or 2.5 liters. If it helps you, try to infuse your fresh water: orange or cucumber slice, lavender or basil sprig, mint leaves, etc. The French call this a tisane. It's a nice change to flush your system.
5.) General practices: cotton - not synthetic underpants, no underpants at night, use low setting hairdryer to remove excess moisture after showers/baths, no soap or perfumes should be used on or around your vaginal area, instead cleanse with fresh yogurt or a splash of apple cider vinegar on moistened clean cloth, or cotton pad and rinse very well. Use a clean cloth or cotton cosmetic cloth daily. Soap (even mild sulfates) will destroy beneficial bacteria that reduce odor and improve vaginal health and keep odorous yeast (or fungal) infection at bay. Soap makes your problem worse.
Plus.) If these steps don't alleviate your problem as they did for me - try the extra step of cutting excess sugar, wheat and caffeine from your diet. Additionally increase your intake of fiber and antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables.

Best wishes to you! I personally understand the discomfort and self-consciousness of having a personal odor that you would like to change. You aren't stuck with this.
The yogurt works very well and you should add a bedat (ms)  on your toilet so you can rinse yourself each time you urinate. Take a tampoon and add some plain yogurt at the end and insert into you vaginal, I do this at night and go to bed, I have not had an ordor. I think my odor may have come from cleaning myself every morning with just plain water. It was a daily practice for me whenever I showered and I thought this was a good thing to do, but it's not.
I am a doctor and can tell you this. If your vagina smells no one will **** you even if you are hot.
To everyone that is suffering from this it is totally 100% the man that u r sleeping with trust me on this one. i had unrotected sex wit the guy i have been seein 4 a year twice. we have been havin sex so much with condoms and the 1st time we do it unprotected i had a very small smell but after the 2nd time a few days later the smell was stronger. its not very noticable but ladies check ur man..IF HE HAS ANY KIND OF ODOR (MUSTY) ON HIS PENIS, THEN HE IS CARING AN INFECTION. i got checked out b4 the smell came and was cleared of all std's. i havent told him about him passin the infection on 2 me but i am no longer seein him due 2 the simple fact that he doesnt wanna go get checked out 4 any other disease so that makes me think that he has something so i dont wanna risk me catching something. but make sure u get ur self and ur man checked out and get ur lives back 2 normal.  

good luck everyone
i too have an odor i was with someone who used to love strippers a few yrs back he has a fetish for them and skanky things and loved sex and soon AFTER we broke up, never during i started having an odor never have i had it before or any STD so scared out of my mind immediatly went to go get checked and no STDs!! yet i still have an odor, however, i did have a abnormal pap so i am going for a colposcopy.... i am so scared does any one know what this could mean my fear is ever having to leave my children and i just get so scared of sexual relationships now because i kind of feel i got this from him. i also have been sleeping with the father of my kids again and we use protection but one time it broke, he said he didnt show any signs of STD so i think its only me i hope. and does any one know what birth control is good and HEALTHY, i dont want crazy side effects, i want to have kids again so i dont want to risk my health for that
Hello Im 13 As Well And Im About To Be 14 And I Know Exactly Where Your Coming From I Have The Same Exact Problem, Im About To Start My First Year In Highschool And The Stinch Is Quite Mild But, At Times I Can't Stand It. I Heard Douching Is Bad For You, Im Scared That Someone May Make Fun Of This Slightly Mild Smell. I Was Thinking Of Douching With Vinger And Water But Im Scared Of The Risk I Also Get This White-ish Stuff As Well(I Know Kind Of Embrassing)But, I Just Want To Find A Way For It To Be Gone. I Am Doing Far More Reseach On This Topic As Well As Sub-topic Like: Is Douching With Vinger And Water Bad, How Do You Know If You Have An Abnormal Discharger(Looking Up Right Now)Etc. So Can Anyone Out There Please Help?
1. Your vagina should have a smell. That's natural.
It's good.
If your vagina has a rancid or fishy odor, that's the sign of a problem, of course!

But--especially those of you who are quite young--
please be aware that
every adult woman's vagina has its own unique odor that is proper and normal and attractive.
Discharge is also normal. It should change from a clear to a slightly creamy or pearly color over the course of a month. Discharge that is thick, goopy, cheesy, frothy or a strange color is not normal and a definite sign of infection.

2. As has been said already: if you have itching, pain, burning, discomfort, strange discharge, or if the smell is bad
please, please, PLEASE see a doctor. You may have an infection that could be easily treated but that, if left alone, could really injure you. I know. No one likes going to the doctor....but go anyway.

3. Unless you have an infection, and even if you do--
other people probably cannot smell it while you are clothed.
Try not to be oversensitive, don't look for mean-spirited jokes in normal conversation.
Ordinarily, most women are hyper-aware of the smell of our own vaginas. Additionally, women have a better sense of smell than men, especially when it comes to body odors.
Relax. Chances are HUGE that you're the only one who smells it in your day-to-day, clothed life.

4. Stop being ashamed of your body.
regardless of what has been done to it in the past,
it is YOURS
the only one you will ever have.
it is not bad or dirty or ugly.

It is precious and sacred and clean and beautiful
and it is YOURS.
Care for it, enjoy it, cherish it, love it.

5. TROUBLESHOOTING  ;)

TOUCH:
Before you or anyone else touches your vagina, their hands should be CLEAN.
Also, if you use vibrators or sex toys, these should be thoroughly cleaned after each use, or covered with a fresh condom before each use.
Urinate after sex or masturbation. This is one of your body's ways of preventing infection!

CARE:
Stop messing up the natural pH of your vag, ladies.

No douching.
No daily pantyliners.
No scented sprays or powders in or around the panties.
The same goes for talcum powder--if you need something, use cornstarch, or a cornstarch based product.

Wash with Dove unscented for sensitive skin. (this is what most dermatologists would direct you to do!) Always use soap only on the EXTERIOR....never, ever put soap in there. Your vag knows how to clean herself, don't mess up the workings! ^^
Use a fresh towel every time you bathe. Towels that are hung up and used for days on end are incredibly full of bacteria, and they are not going to help. If you must reuse towels, hang them up near a heater or running AC where they can dry rapidly.
Do not let them remain damp for hours.

Above all,
PANTIES:

NO THONGS.
I can't say that loudly enough.
Thongs are a HUUUGE cause of infections. They're fun, yeah...but they're just not hygienic.
For those of you who may have groaned at that, take courage--
you don't have to resort to "granny-panties", lol.
Just switch to any non-thong style
in COTTON.
(Save the silky stuff for special occasions.)

Also, and this is a GREAT tip, be sure to either run your panties through the dryer after each wash, or (if they must air-dry) to thoroughly iron the crotch of each pair before putting them away.

If you still have a problem, try switching to a non-fragrance, non-dye detergent. Allergies to detergent sometimes first pop up as irritations to your most delicate parts, which can lead to stinkiness.

DIET:
Yogurt, yogurt, yogurt. A little every day does wonders for many women!
Don't take herbal remedies of any kind without the advice of a medical professional whom you trust!! Self-medicating yourself in any way, including with herbs, can be dangerous stuff.

If you take in a lot of sugary food and/or eat only white starches
(white rice, white bread, etc.) you might want to consider cutting back, or changing some of your starches to whole grain or multigrain varieties.

You may also want to have your blood sugar checked,
as imbalances in blood sugar can mess up the vagina's ecology.

IN CONCLUSION:
your body knows how to care for itself
if you just give her the tool and get out of her way.
If you're having a problem, please try the above for two weeks and see what happens!

Love, health and blessings to you~!
<3