empty 5mm gestation sac, so scared
I had my first u/s last week they thought I was 5 and half week pregnant. When I saw the Doctor she was not hopeful. There was nothing wrong with the 5mm gestational sac but there was no yolk or heart beat present. After the scan I started with brown discharge. I had another scan two days later as I was having brown discharge still. The sonographer found that I had a heart shaped uterus. The scan do not show I was misscarrying. The sonographer reported with a heart shaped Uterus you some times can have a blood clot on the other side in one of the horns which may account for the blood. I was unsure really what she meant. When I saw the Doctor she said it was likely I would miscarry. The gestation sac measured 6.5mm but the Doctor said that could be the scan measurements being out. Really unsure and confused. The first scan I had the sonographer said it looked like a healthy 5 and week pregnancy and its common to only to see an empty but the Doctor something different. I am being rescanned on Monday. My breasts are still sore and  Iget tired easily. Is there any hope?
To answer your basic question: yes, there is hope. Anything can happen and everything might be ok. It's entirely possible.

I think what you really want to know is, are you going to miscarry. And sadly, none of us can answer that. I hope not and we'll all be pulling for you. Keep us posted.
It is very common that a heart beat is not seen at 5 and a half weeks.  It shows up around 6-7 weeks.  I had an u/s at 5weeks 3 days, there was a sac and no heart beat or baby.  At 6weeks 5 days, there was a baby and a heart beat.  I have had brown discharge with 2 of 3 pregnancies.  The first experience with brown discharge went from 4 weeks to 8 weeks, and the baby is 4 years old now and sometimes smarter than me.  The last time I had brown discharge, was last month.  It started at 7 weeks, and I miscarried.  The most common and normal occurence in pregnancy is not any brown or red spotting.  When I went to see the dr. about the brown spotting, he said that 40% of women experience this....and half of them have healthy babies.  Therefore, the other half will result in miscarriage.  You will get an answer on Monday.  I know that it doesn't get you through the weekend, but there is a decent chance that this will be okay.  Being tired is a good sign, right before I miscarried, I had noticed that I wasn't as tired as I had been.....like I was staying up late and watching movies and reading.  I wouldn't have been able to stay up after 9 pm the week before.  Try not to get worried, it isn't good for you or the baby....I know it isn't easy.  Worrying won't change the outcome.  I will keep you in my prayers....take care.
You have a "heart shape" uterus also known as a bicoruated or septated uterus. I have the same thing. With my first pregnancy I only bled a little in the beginning and 9 months later a healthy baby. But since then I have had 2 more pregnancies-1 miscarriage and the third pregnancy I bled the whole entire time which also ending sadly in the 6th month (which had nothing to do with the bicoruated uterus). It is very possible to bled and still have a successful pregnancy. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, I would definately wait it out. Don't allow your doctor to jump to any conclusions either. It's still really early and anything is possible. Good luck to you.
Please, please, please...wait before you let your doctor do anything invasive.  I went to the ER fearing I was miscarrying ( I was bleeding quite a bit) and they did an US and said they saw an empty sack, the doctor immediately scheduled me for a D&C.  I pitched a fit and said no I wouldn't do it.  The doctor released me and said to follow up the following week and they would do a D&C if I didn't develope and infection first...the day I showed up for the D&C they did a routine US to be sure everything was ok and that's when they saw the baby and cancelled the surgery!  I was 6 weeks along, and I thank God I followed my instinct and did not let them perform the D&C on me the day I went to the ER.  I'll never forget how the ER doctor told me "There is a 99% chance you miscarried already" and my son just turned 9 years old 2 days ago!!!!!  :-)