endometrial stripe thickness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

endometrial stripe thickness

hello,
I am 38 yrs old with 3 kids. I have heavy period monthly that's why my Dr advised me to have an ultrasound. I just had a transvaginal ultrasound and the result says that I have an intramural myoma measuring 3.0x1.8x 2.2 cm and my endometrial stripe measurement is .71 cm.  Is there something I should worry about? My dr will be available this weekend and I am worried about the results. Anyone who can interpret the results?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

An intramural myoma is simply a fibroid in the wall of the uterus.
I think an endometrial stripe of that thickness is pretty much normal premenopausally, but I am not a doctor and certainly don't know the specifics of your situation.

Of course, your doctor should contact you with results and the two of you can plan together what, if anything, should be done about the fibroid and it's possible relationship to your heavy periods.
Hi christie,

Thanks for your inputs. I went to my doctor today and showed her my results. She recommended an endometrial biopsy to check what really causes my heavy bleeding during my period. I will have it done this coming weekend. I hope everything will turn out fine.

Thanks again!
I am trying to get my tubal reversal in order to get pregnant. I am 43 years old. My husband and I have no children together. The thing is, I missed my period last month June, and still haven't seen in for July. Today is already the 12. Should I continue with the reversal?  Am I going through premenopause? Can I still get pregnant if I am going through premenopause? Is there a way for my doctor to determine whether it's premenopause? I really need some answers. I am scared that's what it is and I may not be able to give my husband a child. Anyone out there with some answers I would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks for the help.
I also havea thickened endometium. I also have a fibroid (about 1 inch) with cysts on both
overies. I will be scheduled for a D&C and endometrial abalation. Fertility is not a concern for me as I am 43 and have two grown sons (and a tubal). They will do a biopsy at the same time. The reason is heavy bleeding. Has your dr. mentioned a D&C?
I've had a reversal and I went thru alot of testing before my dr would do the reversal, to ensure that the procedure would be successful as long as you've went thru all of the testing both you and your husband then thier's no need to worry, just be prepared for th pain but it is well worth it in the long run.