endometriosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

endometriosis

Has anyone taken Lo ovral 28 for the treatment of endometriosis? My Gyn prescribed Lupron injections and I refused because of side effects.  He gave me an rx for Lo Ovral 28 and told me not to take the memory pills in hopes to stop my periods and keep the endo from coming back.  Is it safe and will it be a benefit?
I also have endo…I had a laparoscopy done in May…I didn’t want to try to shots cause of the side effects. My doctor also told me to go on a birth control and skip the inactive pill in hopes to stop my period for about 6 months to see if I’ll be pain free.
In the end I went on seasonal because it’s a light pill. I’ve been on it for 6 weeks I didn’t have much luck yet. I still get the same pains for day’s non stop and to top that of I’ve been bleeding for 14 days non stop. I spoke to my gyn he said since this is a light pill I should double up every night and the bleeding should end. I’m going to give it few more days and if it won’t stop then I double up or go get a new birth control but a bit stronger.

I’ve read lots of very good/helpful books about endo and learned lot more about it. I def do not want to try the shots or anything stronger than birth control.

Books- living well with endometriosis by-kerry-ann morris
And- endometriosis a key to healing through nutrition by- dian shepperson & Michael Vernon.

Take care