enlarged clitoris

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

enlarged clitoris

Im 15 years old and sexually active with my boyfriend. The past few weeks we havent been having sex because im embarassed about my clitoris. ITS HUGE all the time, its prolly almost 2 inches long. Am i turning into a man or is it sumthing else? please help. Scared.....
Please don't think I'm speaking down to you, because I'm not.  I just want to make sure that you have the anatomy correct.  There are several "folds" inside the female genitalia, and your clitoris is a little small "round-ish" area towards the highest point of your anatomy.  You can find this where the folds of skin meet, and very close to where you urinate from (not the same, but close).  Maybe you are referring to the labia--the folds of skin inside that surround your vagina???  I can't imagine a clitoris being 2 inches long.  That is the entire length of most women's anatomy.  Again, I'm not being disrespectful...I just want to make sure, being 15, that you understand.  It is completely normal, when you are aroused, for the area around your vagina to become engorged, or swollen.  Maybe that is what you are experiencing, and if that is, then that is completely normal.  Please write back if I haven't helped you, or maybe some of the other ladies can help.  MH
K well did that occur after one of the last time you had sex? because if it did maybe u just needed a break from it all if it was getting a bit to rough then thats complealty normal just leave it for a little while and see if it goes away if not you should see a docter about it because the oculd probably give it something to heal.. im also 15 and i am going through almost the same thing except its like i have a cut beside it and it was very painful and im afraid to do anything so im just waiting it out and letting it heal because thats wat i was told to do just maybe try iceing and waiting longer ..but wen u get hte chance ask a docter
I would not say that it is "normal" for your clitoris to be two inches long.  It is usually a very hard place to find.  Like what maryheather said - are you sure you have your anatomy right?  If this has happened in the last two weeks suddenly then I would go to the doctor.  I know I remember when I was 15 I would not want to go, but is you are sexually active than you should def go!!!!
Yes, as above, get some pictures off the net of female anatomy and make sure you are looking at the right thing, although at 15 I was pretty sure of what was what, and you might be right. Some women have really large clits, which get larger when they are aroused. If this is a new discovery for you, then I would recommend seeing a gyne. Find a woman, and don't be embarrassed. Remember every woman sees a gyne (or at least they should) once a year. I know the first time it seems really awkward, but for the doc, it is like a mechanic looking at a car really. I know that, being on the other side of the picture. They see so many private parts every day that there is really nothing to be embarrassed about. Please see one.

ON the other hand, if you do just have a very large clit and there are no problems, then hi five to you girl cus you just have more nerve endings for your lover to please you with. LOL.
Yes i have the anatomy right...it hasnt reduced in size still, I told my parents and im going to the doctor tomorrow.
wow! you are brave to tell your mom and dad that you have an enlarged clitoris! do they know you are sexually active at 15? i hope that when you go to the dr. that you will discuss birth contol options (if you are not already on it). i would bet you are cuz you seem a bit smarter than i was at 15. i dont think i even knew what a clitoris was.
i'm sure that thats just the way you are made. we are all different (down there too) but please just be careful out there okay? you are very young for such adult things.
I am glad you told them.  You must have a good relationship with your parents.  That is wonderful.

Please update us on what you find out.

Best wishes,

Amanda
Not to sound disrespectful to anyone but I thought it was a little funny that so many people asked if she had her anatomy correct .. Enlarged clits, in one case, can be a result of high levels of testosterone. Sometimes associated with steroid use which I doubt would be in this case but also a result of pcos.  Polycystic ovarian syndrome .. Basically your body produces more testosterone then estrogen, in women, there's also many other symptoms like chronic pelvic pain and systs on your ovaries. Iam not trying to diagnose anyone here because this prob isn't her situation either if it just happened within two weeks but yea it happens to people no reason to be embarassed
If it makes you feel any better iam 18 and I have the same issue .. I never noticed it though because it always seemed normal to me .. But then someone said something about it and it got back to me .. But hey there's not much I can do about it I have pcos which is why I suggested it above and iam more worried about the what I call ovary pain then that .. But the "medicine" gyn prescribed was birth control so you kill two birds with one stone I guess .. Didn't change the size though .. But my boyfriend doesn't care I ask him all the time .. So like I said .. No reason to be embarassed
I am the same 15 and my clitoris is huge to and i really need help I can't tell my mom cuz i am scared and my boyfriend and i wanna gave sex but i am jus to scared about wat he is going to say and tht upsets me wat can i do to help
!) Don't be worried about your bf thinking the clit is too big.  Most guys are excited by a big clit. More to love, suck, diddle.
2) Get checked for an ovarian cyst or tumor, and forget being embarrassed.
I know what each of you have felt at some time or another. I've got a big clit that I was born with and my mom, in an attempt to keep me a virgin forever, has told me since I was a young young young (ie 5ish) child that I was a freak and guys would run away from me. Kept me a virgin till I was 18...but even now, 7 years later, I can't relax enough during sex to enjoy it. I'm always wondering if the person I'm with thinks I'm a freak.
i too have a large cliterous, and i never noticed it really, because it seemed normal and everything! and i was comming across silver russel syndrome or something? and it said something like it can be something to do we birth? and i was three months early, so it may be something to do with that. but im so embarssed, im not sexually active and dont plan to be yet. im 15 and want to loose my virginty at 16. does anyone know if you can like get a reduction?

thanks
blank name!
x
wow that's weird, im 15 too, and I also think I have an enlarged clit. But I don't remember it being enlarged before and no I'm not sexually active
The long and short of it, is that if your doctor says you are fine, then you are. I say this because, I am a woman, and I watch porn, including porn where woman have a very large clitoris. VERY large. They are 100% woman, and from I have seen, I'm envious, because they honestly seem to have more intense orgasms. There are even devices (pumps, to be exact), so that any woman can give herself a larger clitoris (I would not suggest using these, especially at a young age, because they could potentially damage nerves and desensitize the area).

I feel it's normal. It just doesn't fit the stereotype of what a woman's clitoris "should" look like. Ask your doctor. He or she is an adult and an expert, and have seen them all. If they give you a clean bill of health, then enjoy your good fortune! Practice safe sex (always a must), and have a good time! :- )
You never updated. I have the same issue, my boyfriend and I had sex, but soon after I realized my clit was bigger than usual. I figured if I gave it a little while, it would go away. It has been almost all day and nothing has changed. Did the doctor tell you what was wrong or give you any information?
Clitoromegaly (or macroclitoris [1]) is an abnormal enlargement of the clitoris (not to be confused with the normal enlargement of the clitoris seen during sexual arousal).

Although clitoromegaly denotes just a clitoris larger than expected (thus involving some uncertainty about what can be defined as normal), it is commonly seen as a congenital anomaly of the genitalia.

In Atlas of Human Sex Anatomy (1949)[2] by Dr. Robert Latou Dickinson, the normal clitoris is defined as having a crosswise width of 3 to 4 mm. (0.12 - 0.16 inches) and a lengthwise width of 4 to 5 mm (0.16 - 0.20 inches). On the other hand, in Obstetrics and Gynecology medical literature, a frequent definition of clitoromegaly is when there is a CI of greater than 35 mm2 (0.05 inches2), which is almost twice the size given above for an average sized clitoral hood [3].

[edit] Presentation
In the most pronounced cases, clitoromegaly is a symptom of intersexuality since the large clitoris resembles a penis. (The different grade of genital ambiguity is commonly measured by the Prader classification[4] ranging, in ascending order of masculinisation, from 1: Female external genitalia with clitoromegaly through 5: Pseudo-Phallus looking like normal male external genitalia[5].)

[edit] Causes
Clitoromegaly is otherwise a rare condition and can be either present by birth or acquired later in life. If present at birth, congenital adrenal hyperplasia can be one of the causes, since in this condition the adrenal gland of the female fetus produces additional androgens and the newborn baby has ambiguous genitalia which are not clearly male or female. It can also be caused by the autosomal recessive congenital disorder known as Fraser syndrome.[6]

In acquired clitoromegaly the main cause is due to endocrine hormonal imbalance affecting the adult women, including polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)[7]. Acquired clitoromegaly may also be caused by pathologies affecting the ovaries and other endocrine glands. These pathologies may include virulent (such as arrhenoblastoma) and neurofibromatosic tumors.[8] This can also be caused by clitoral cysts.[9] In addition, sometimes there may be no obvious or hormonal reason.[10]

Clitoromegaly may be acquired through use of anabolic steroids, including testosterone. This occurs in Female to Male Transsexuals (FtM) after a period of hormone replacement therapy. Like FtM transsexuals, female bodybuilders who use androgens may also experience clearly evident enlargement of the clitoris and increases in libido. Women who use testosterone for therapeutic reasons (treating low libido, averting osteoporosis, as part of an anti-depressant regimen, etc) may also experience some enlargement of the clitoris although the dosages warranted for these conditions are much lower.

Deliberately induced clitoris enlargement, as form of female genital body modification, is reported to be achieved through various uses of testosterone and more temporarily with devices such as the clitoral pump.[citation needed] This may require altered masturbation techniques.[citation needed]

actully if you look up pictures of large clits.....most of them look like mini dicks....I have seen them as big as 2'3/4 inches
I have always been worried (from the age of 14 - 5 years ago) about whether I had a regular sized clitoris. Ive had several sexual partners that have not mentioned anything about it but now I am in a long term relationship and from the beginning, he has commented on the size of it. I wouldn't say it was 2 inches long but from the age of 12 it started to grow (stopped at 14 years of age) and slightly protrudes my lips at the front. I told my boyfriend that I am a verylucky girl, it gives me more pleasure as it is bigger and my orgasms are pretty good!

However, after he commented I searched for images of 'enlarged clitoris' and 'hermaphrodite' and the results are very similar. Say, if the cause of my enlarged clitoris was due to high testosterone, would I still be able to have children (my menstrual cycle is very normal!)?
Thank you God!! I'm 15 also and I'm in a relationship with my boyfriend, i'm still a virgin but he definately wants to have sex. I'm scared cause i guess i have a large clitoris too.. it's like 1.. 1 1/2 not sure, inches long, and it does get bigger? i guess during arousal, and that freaked me out cause i was afraid to god I was a hermaphrodite. I just spent the half hour reading up on intersex and hermaphrodites and i'm scared!! Am I boy or freak or something? And my mom doesn't even wanna take me to the doctor cause she says i'm fine cause i also have like something wrong with a skin fold down there? I don't know what the heck happened down there but it needs to be fixed..... can you reduce a large clitoris?? I saw a few pics online and they all look nothing like how mine looks down there and that worries me......
I have answered my own question..''if the cause of my enlarged clitoris was due to high testosterone, would I still be able to have children?''.

2 days ago, I found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant..

It seems that whatever has caused my enlarged clitoris hasn't stopped me from concieving.
thank you for your discussion. I have an adopted child and her "anatomy" doesnt look anything like mine. I thought she was a hermaphrodite.  thank you to all of the girls that have the same problem and yet are true woman.
Just for info guys I too have this problem and am currently being treated for it. This can be a condition called CAH which stands for congenital adrenal hyperplasia which causes an enlarged clitoris (known as clitoromegaly). Surgical treatment for this is available and the most common form is to perform a reduction clitoroplasty. I would advice all to go to your doctor and they can refer you to someone who specialises in this. I am due to go in for my surgery in 2 weeks I cant wait. Keep me updated on your progress guys. Dont be afraid to ask for help.
I was born w/ an enlarged clitoris because my mother was told she wasn't pregnant and the quack doc. prscribled hormone pills to regulate her period.

Don't worry about this. You are not a hermorphidite. I am 47 years old and never had a negative response to it. When I told a boyfriend that it was a birth defect he replied that on the contrary, it's a miracle :)

Men like it because it is easier to find than on most woman.

I always knew I was different, When (years ago) I looked up normal female genitalia for comparrison, I cried.

But then I realized that it has never effected my life in a negative way.

On another note. You should not be sexually active at age 15. I was a single mother at an earlly age and believe me it is not fun. My childhood left @ that point.

It is easier to get a sexually transmitted disease then it is to get pregnate. Some of those diseases kill.

If a guy wont date you because you would sleep w/ him, he is a jerk and not all guys are like that.

You deserve better. Have patience. You will meet the right person who will respect you and your boundries.
I am very intrigued by all this, I have lived the last few years thinking that I was a pseudo-hermaphidite as I researched online.  When I was 15 my clitoris also became enlarged, and also as Tgirl12 commented my skin fold or the labia(flaps around vagina) was much longer than any others I researched on line.  I have had a boyfriend since I was 16 and I am 19 now and I have never had full sexual experiences because either the lights have to be off or I do not let him go down there.  I went to a "doctor" which uses the energy from your body and eyes to see whats going on in your body.  He told me that I have low estrogen and a cyst on my ovaries which further lead me to believe I was a he-she.  Also my periods are irregular so it seemed all arrows pointed that way.  But now that I see an enlarged clitoris may result in ovarian cyst I think I may be comfortable going to the doctor now, as before I was too ashamed.  Also I just wanted to comment this; if I feel the end of my clitoris it feels like a very mini penis with the head and everything. Is this true for others or am I truely a hermaphidite. No one would ever think so because I look very feminine.  But anyway thank you so much for this information it is truely going to change my life and the way I feel.  And I think I am going to consider surgery, Thanks
You are probably a normal girl with a big clit.  As long as your gyno says you are healthy, then go with it.  Increased sexual activity changes our bodies.  U may have had a larger clit to begin with and now that u r having sex more frequently; u may be thinking more about it and arousing yourself.  Don’t work yourself into a panic.  Learn to enjoy it.  Hopefully when u get older and practice safe sex
Hello everyone, I am 21 years old and I have a huge clitoris. I never realized it until one day I went for a Brazilian wax with my friend and she told me how I have a mini ****. I am really worried and too embarrassed to tell my parents or doctor about this situation.  Also, around the age of 18 I developed facial hair and excessive body hair and ever since then it has become worse. I am really scared because I keep questioning my sex.
above me: you probably have PCOS. go see a doc to learn more info.
but im the same. it may be friction, but last night me and this guy got together, but didn't have sex. he just, y'know, used his hands/fingers. anyways, he was pretty vigorous and rough when rubbing my clit but i didn't think anything of it. and when i went to the loo about an hour later, my clit had swollen to a MASSIVE THING. it was disgusting. i couldn't walk properly. now it's kind of gone down a little, but i think i have a large clit/clit hood anyway, which doesn't look so attractive. plus when he did finger me, he was quite rough, and got pretty deep, do you think he's popped my cherry and that's also why i'm sore? ideas would be helpful.
This is all entirely too funny.  33 years old.  I have PCOS, a larger than normal clitoris and a very good married sex life.  But I can't IMAGINE, even at age 33, trying to explain to my mom that my clit is too big.

Having sex at 15 is, wow, scary.  I can't imagine.  Please, oh, please be careful, and be sure that no one pressures you into anything you don't want to do.  I dated a lot of older guys when I was in high school, and they have a lot more experience at manipulating women.  Be choosey and always respect yourself because if you don't, no one else will.

i have the same problem. im 15 years old. and im deffinently still a virgin. im ready to have sex but to scared of what the guy might say of it. im not in any long term relationship or anything. but what if the guy goes around telling people at school? guys can be real jerks now days. I went to the obgyn or whatever its called and they said im fine. its normal. when i got home i did some research on it and i came to this cite. i walk around with confidence in school, but once i get home i nag my mom about turning into a guy. i cry myself to sleep almost every night cause of it. im not happy in my body. i there anyway i could get rid of itt?
Hi ladies,

I think I can help ;).  I am a 32 year old woman who was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) when I was 15 or 16 years old.  And, like you, I have an enlarged clitoris.  Howeer, when I was a teen I did not even realize it was enlarged; my genitalia looked like my mother's and sister's who both also have PCOS (my sister and I inherited it from my mother).  I realized that my clitoris was larger than others after my first sexual experience.  My boyfriend commented that it was the largest he had ever seen.  And, out of curiosity, I did a lot of googling of the female genitalia and noticed that my clitoris was much larger than theirs.  So, like many of you, I started freaking out and initially worried that I was turning into a man.  But, then I used common sense and started putting two and two together (my mother's anatomy resembled mine and she gave birth to two children...men can't give birth).  And, although I figured that it must be because of the PCOS because I know that women with PCOS have abnormal levels of testosterone, I then wondered if this condition was synonymous with being a hermaphrodite.  So, I scheduled an appnt w/ my OBGYN who stated that I was correct in assuming that the condition was due to the PCOS but that I was not a hermaphrodite...i.e. I am all WOMAN, lol.  And, I can be happy knowing that the upside of this condition is having very pleasurable sex.  I am proud to report that in the relationship that I had with my first boyfriend...I was never not in the mood, and I always had an orgasm, something that I have come to find via talking with my girlfriends is not the standard for all women.  Please note:  This is not to promote promiscuity among teen girls (I was 25 when I had my first sexual experience).  I just don't want you to waste years wondering if you are a man, and I wanted to share what some of the benefits are!  Be encouraged :).  
Having an enlarged clitoris does not mean you're becoming a man or a hermaphrodite. The clitoris is essentially equivalent to the male penis (they're the same organ before gender differentiation as a fetus), and thus the clitoris generally looks like a penis, except it's often too small and hidden by the labia/clitoral hood to notice. It is pleasured in the same way that a penis is and is why most orgasms are from your clitoris and not from penetration alone. Men and women have a lot in common (labia are like the scrotum, ovaries are like the testicles, men have breasts that can lactate, etc.).

When it does grow large, it is generally due to extra androgens (mainly testosterone) in your system. Androgens are what causes things like phallic growth (though most men meet their genetic potential and thus can't grow their penises much larger with it past puberty), deepening of the voice, and facial hair/body hair growth. Outside of that, testosterone and similar hormones can lead to easier muscle growth, increased libido (horny more often), and possible mood swings. They do not generally affect your breast growth, ability to lactate, or womb fertility, though they can result in irregular periods. ALL GIRLS HAVE TESTOSTERONE! It is produced by your ovaries during puberty to make you stronger and your bones healthier. Having extra does not mean you're part male. It is possible to be part male, though unlikely if you haven't noticed since birth. It is also possible for a doctor to prescribe testosterone to women with low levels of the hormone (and thus they're rarely ever interested in sex), to increase their sex drive to a more normal degree.

So outside of a bigger clitoris, and in some cases some extra hair or a deeper voice or whatnot (if you haven't experienced the other symptoms already, then you may never will), you're still all female and you can get pregnant, breastfeed, and be motherly just like every other woman.

In fact, some women are even interested in achieving affects like yours. A bigger clitoris can often mean better orgasms during intercourse/masturbation, make you in the mood for fun more often (which can lead to a better relationship with your mate), and your mate can actually find the thing and pleasure it to ensure you have an orgasm as well. I know quite a few men and women who find a larger clitoris more attractive, but there are also those who don't (especially those ignorant of the female anatomy and don't even understand what the clitoris is to begin with). It generally falls under a matter of preference, just like bigger/smaller breasts and bigger/smaller penises. Never ever let someone make you feel ashamed of your larger clitoris, it's a natural and healthy part of your body and those that think it's "ugly" are also the type that think a small chest is bad or a pregnant belly is nasty or having a small penis means you're part female. If anybody is afraid of your clitoris because it looks too much like a small penis, then it is likely they have very little knowledge of how sex or the woman's body works and would likely have relationship issues in the future because of that lack of knowledge anyways.

I would highly recommend AGAINST any sort of clitoral reduction surgery. Even if such a medical practice was performed, it would still be quite inaccurate and the chances for a loss in some/much sensitivity is high, if not a definite consequence. Reducing your genitals and losing the nerve endings may make you more adverse to sex than you might be now, due to the lack of pleasure.  

However, if you do have an enlarged clitoris and you can't pinpoint the cause (not from birth or taking steroids or foods high in testosterone), then I would very much suggest you see your doctor. Not to scare you or anything, but there are some conditions that would result in your ovaries producing extra testosterone. PCOS has already been mentioned, but there can also be the chance of cancer or whatnot and it's good to check with your doctor to make sure. If it is something harmful and can be cured, then you can thank your enlarged clitoris for being a rather nice warning sign. Though even if the doctor finds the cause and potentially stops it, your clitoris will not reduce in size once it has grown from the testosterone. On the other hand, if your clitoris is already 2-3 inches long, it likely won't grow any longer if the condition continues, as the genetic potential doesn't allow for much longer usually.

Enjoy your larger clitoris, I know several women who would be jealous. Be happy you aren't like those with a small clitoris and low sex drive who have difficulty achieving climax. I have had a few friends who never had an orgasm until they were 22+ years old, though often times it is due to social ignorance and stigma.
Oh, and after re-reading what I posted above, I noticed I missed some key points.

Having a large clitoris doesn't mean you have a special condition for it either. Some girls just have a larger clitoris than others, just like some boys have a larger penis than others. A clitoris can be hidden away amongst the labia and clitoral hood, or it can protrude from the labia like an erection (clitorises essentially are erections when they engorge with blood from arousal). It's just like having bigger or smaller breasts and the like, and generally grows during puberty. The androgens I mentioned are just the mechanism behind the growth and in SOME cases may have increased levels due to genetic or environmental causes. It's just better to be safe than sorry if this is something new and recently "popped up". Though being age 15, chances are its just puberty kicking in.

For those thinking you may be a hermaphrodite, it is very unlikely. A true hermaphrodite has both testicles and ovaries and can impregnate and be impregnated, and generally are born as such. Intersex people are those with "ambiguous genitalia", where it's difficult to tell if the penis is a clitoris or vice versa, and the vagina is nearly closed off or the scrotum has a slit. Reading up more information on those terms will make you much more knowledgeable. However, there are cases of doctors who go by the social myth that "girls must have small, petite, nearly invisible genitals" and mistakenly diagnose people as "intersex" up until the last couple decades (and may still persist in some regions), so be careful about what you find. Some "gender assignment" stories are quite saddening. Being a hermaphrodite/intersex isn't something to be ashamed of either, since nobody should be ashamed or afraid of who they are due to what a portion of society thinks.
omfg im 15 too! i use to think eh its a clit nd i didnt kno wat it was suppose 2 look like so i thought mine was normal yakno til 1 day an ex of mine brung up the fact tht i had a very large clit its not 2inch but its pretty big ...im scared nd embarrassed as well so u aint the only 1 nd um..i feel more confident after i read sum of the other comments ..well good luck nd yes i do agree we all r too young but just like u adluts we have sexual needs nd desires as well some of us just experience tht sooner then others XD
Hi all,
hya i have seen ur post on here and i have the same condition as u CAH can you tell me how the surgery went as i am wanting mine done thanks
There is a medical condition that can cause ambiguous genitalia.  Where the girl is all girl but looks like boy.  Labia closes and clitoris is enlarged.  This condition is called Classical Adrenal Hyperplasia.  This can be life threatening and is detected at birth.
The NON-Classical Adrenal Hyperplasia or similar disorder is what you may have.  Both forms of this is the result of the body missing an enzyme to make hydrocortisone or cortisol.  I don't know what the normal size is but if you think it is too large ask your doctor to check you hormone levels.  
Late onset Non-classical hyperplasia  can happen later in life.  
Either way your adrenal glands are affected and your body makes more male hormones.  But when the adrenals become tired or exhausted it can be life threatening because your adrenals are making insufficient hydrocortisone.  Chronic fatique syndrome etc..l... can manifest ....

Check out these sites for better explanations.

http://www.caresfoundation.org/productcart/pc/ncah_late_onset_cah.html

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000411.htm

CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR.   I can't believe some of these comments here.  NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be EMBARASSED to talk to your Doctor.
You don't have to talk to your mother if you feel uncomfortable.  Just pick up the phone and make an appointment.  If your Doctor dismisses it without doing proper tests, Find Another Doctor.   Better savfe than sorry.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you might have PCOS please, please see an  Endocrinologist.  Non-classical Adrenal Hyperplasia is often miss diagnosed as PCOS and in later years your adrenals can crash...   sudden death
Omg Whats With The 15 year old age hahaha? i am also 15, ive never thought i was a guy for having a englarged clit or a hermaphrodite, i just worry what people will think of me ( Guys) in bed. But its reassuring knowing im not the only one:D
I have an enlarged clit and from what I was told, it was a good thing. Its nothing wrong with it, but of course Im a little older so the perspective from others may be a little different. Also you should be happy with what you got, being that you are different makes you special. Dont try to alter anything. I love being Sdifferent :-)
I am 13 years old. An I have a large clit. I had sex and my boyfriend a couple months ago. Well he is now my ex but he said my clit was like 2 inches long. I would like to know if that's normal.? I am scared an embarrassed to tell my Mom about it. One of my clitoris's are small & the other one is big. What does that mean? Should I be embarrassed to have sex with the boyfriend I have now? From what I read up above, am I a he-she? Does this mean I have good sex or I am more pleasurable?
-Thanks for your help.  
Don't be worried about having a large clitoris; don't worry this is perfectly normal. Thousand upon thousands of women have very large clits due to the amount of blood flow to the clitoris. It varies in every woman no matter what your age. Inexperienced young males may think that it is abnormally large but it is very normal due to the fact that they have not been with many other women.
Please do not think that there is something wrong with you.
Men also vary in size. There are thousands of men who think it is very sexy for a woman to have a large clitoris. If you do some online research you will find this is very true.
I have had these experiences also and am confused about what is going on. The body hair is what bothers me the most. I have looked into intersex conditions and I wonder if that is what I have. It is actually more common than people think. There is a documentary called Orchids that is one person's story but it explains it pretty well. I am 24 right now but have had the increased body and some facial hair since I was about 19 or 20. My hips are also very high and I have very irregular periods. I think the hardest part is finding somewhere to start.
I beg to differ my clitoris is 2.5 inches from the base to the tip and  3/4of an inch around I too notice how big it was getting at age 13 and I was terrified it was 1972 .  I would not undress around the other girls at school.  I am just now appreciating my big clitoris . Not to worry young lady your going to be okay little note stay away from DHEA and any supplments that stimulate hormons I made that mistake thats how I went from 2 inchs to 2.5 there are websites with females with large clitors... on the web.
Girls please! To be concerned for having a big clitoris is like to be mad because you have discovered a gold mine in your backyard and you are concerned about your geraniums. Men would be really really aroused for that. Believe me.
Yes Heather it is happening to me and I am 14. But other girls are envious so I wouldn't worry. It is also becoming more sensitive.
Please to contact me if you can. I would like help on this one.
Since it is a few years since your original post I would like to hear how you have resolved the issue
I am having this now at 14. Can you tell me what you did about your enlarged clit? I have seen one other girl with it and it was shaped like a very small penis
I am similar with enlarged clit. I also found I am attracted more and more to other girls which probably means I am Lesbian. Did you have this also?
You have 2 clits? I think you are thinking of your labia which is skin hanging down either side of your vagina