Women's Health Community
excessive sweating whole body
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

excessive sweating whole body

Since a bout of shingles in 2001 I have had terrible sweating of my whole body except bottom of hands and feet.  I am taking hormones and they have tried different ones to no avail.  I have low thyroid and take Synthroid for that.  I can not get dressed in the mornings because the sweat just keeps coming even as I am trying to towel off.  My hair won't dry. I set in front of a fan and finally will stop sweating.  Get dressed - but this can happen any time - I can be just setting and start to seat again. The moisture just runs down my face, neck, chest, arms, etc.  I do not sweat at night - I am at my wits end - this is very dilatabiling to me and very tiring I need some help and so far my doctors have not been able to figure it out. Does anyone else have this condition I am 67 and wnt thru the change in my early 50's - this is much worse I do not find a TOPIC that is geared towards - so I will just pick one
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Check with the doc who prescribed your hormones and the one that prescribed your thyroid meds and see if there are interactions that have sweating as a side effect.  Also, try looking up exactly what you are taking, and on the manufacturer's web site you will probably find side effects.  If not, call their 800 number to see if sweating is a known side effect, or is one in conjunction with other drugs you are taking.  Good luck!!!
Blank
3134083_tn?1342613425
I too sweat to the point that at the end of the day my clothes appear to be wetter than someone who has been caught in a rain storm. When I sweat like this I loose all my energy and my voice. I am a man and I work out doors and am 61 yrs old. There has to be some help somewhere.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...