excessive white discharge daily

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

excessive white discharge daily

Im 32 and having daily white discharge for years now. I know that discharge is normal and everytime I go for my yearly pap they say its normal but Im thinking that everyones AMOUNT of normal is different and Im thinking it even varies among doctors. My question is to the doctor, how MUCH is normal if you KNOW you are NOT being sexually aroused but STILL having excessive white discharge. How do my doctors know or I know how much is too much its not like we are measuring it. However, it is so much that I have been wearing the mini tampons for the past 5 years every day that I leave my house so that I am not wet all day. I am concerned with this most importantly because of the TSS that I am at risk for by wearing tampons and not pads. Its very frustrating that I should have to wear a pad (or tampon) every day, ISNT IT? Is this normal? Do most women out there where a panty liner on a daily basis due to discharge? Look forward to hearing from other women.
At first reading your post I'm thinking it's normal, but then as I read how you have to wear a tampon or pantyliner just so that your pants don't get soaked, I'm thinking It's NOT normal. I'd go see the doctor because although yes everyone does experience DC differently, I'd say there's still some general guidelines as when anyone should experience having more at some times than at others.. ..Did that make sense, sorry I'm kind of in a hurry but wanted to provide some help if i could. Call your doc and then get a second opinion. Keep us posted. this one is interesting.... Good Luck !  =)
yes thank you for your response, I think so too I think my doctor is just lumping me into a category and not asking enough questions to find out that it is TOO MUCH. Therefore, telling me every time that it is normal. Anyway I guess thats where my asking MORE questions would come in, thanks for your help I will see a different doctor and keep u posted. If anyone has the same experience as me please let me know.

I guess bottom line question is this: Do you wear a panty liner or tampon daily to absorb the discharge, and if so do you also think its just not normal?
I have been experiencing the same thing... but the DC is even worse when having sex...so bad that my boyfriend thinks i am cheating on him and that it is semen from another man... Its been stressing me out greatly so if you have any new info please let me know...
Hai Hanabear its nids I'm 23 and even I have white discharge from last 10 years that is exactly after my puberty. Even i have consulted many doctors, some say it's fungal infection and other say it's bacterial infection. I have never had sex with anyone. Can you please let me know if even you get the remedy for this problem. Hoping for the positive response.. Take care
do you know you have a natural discharge? this has been going on for the last 10 years after u hit puberty...are you sure its not your normal discharge?
I have the same thing as you and I want to know how to get rid of it because it is very annoying if find out please tell me
Hi girls! It's the same with me - i'm about your age, i have this thing ever since puberty ...I know it's normal because that's the natural way vagina cleans itself but it's making me feel so uncomfortable, UNCLEAN...Very annoying indeed! I haven't found any solution so far. I guess i should just accept it and wear the pantyliners daily :(
omg i kno exactly what you mean! thats how i came across this site, because i was trying to find out if its normal or not! i find it very humiliating and thus makes me not end up having sex with people because im so embaressed! sometimes it doesnt reaally have a smell and then sometimes it does, like vinegar. i kno its crazy ..it really upsets me as iv been checked out and everythings fine!
omg girlzz, my finace has the same problem im just like omg what is that!!!!! Its like GROSE jeez. IM so DESSGUSTED O MY GOD WHY O WHY is this Happinign to me GAWD. Shes like SMELL IT!!!! Im LIKE WHAT.. Y would i do something like THAT EWWWWW. and then she asked me to TASTE IT!!!! W!!T!!!F!!!
Just read everyone's posts and I am with you gals, I don't get it either!!!  I am 30 and of course, like most of you, I have had a reg/normal discharge since puberty.  I gradually started noticing that it was increasing more and more with each passing year.  Especially after 25.  At about 28 I started to really get annoyed with the fact that everytime I would wake up in the mornings and take a few steps around the house, I would immediately notice the sticky, goo building up and sometimes start running down my thigh if I'm not wearing underwear!!!  YUCK!  GROSS!!  ANNOYING!!  Now, I wear a pantyliner every day (like it or not) if I want to stay dry and not completely soak up my underwear!!  It sux.  From reading and researching and asking my Dr, I've concluded that it's definitely hormonal.  Especially after ur mid 20's, ur body is preparing for motherhood.  So I guess I'd rather soak up pantyliners instead of my panties!!  No solution to this Frustrating Problem.
i believe its normal! have had the white discharge ever since puberty and was worried back then, now I dont have to wear panty liners anymore. I clean out every morning!! friend told me her mum (midwife) advised her to use finger to wash out every morning , have done that ever since with a good shower head (nothing fun with all the white stuff coming out @ that time of the morn) . Clean all day and panties dry till next morning!
hi girls, well, i had the same problem before, honestly i always wear pads too almost everyday.. Im working in a corporate and we have yearly check up (Medical exam) here. then i got called up from our clinic cuz in my urine sample found out i have an UTI, so they give me a week medication, aside from taking these antibiotic, my mom suggests me to drink fresh coconut juice to cleanse me inside and lots of clean water, and u know even until i finished of a week medication for my UTI, honestly i still drink a lot of water and a coconut juice every morning, until i noticed, gurls, that i havent got any problem with these white discharge, it just sudden.. as in non!...i never use a pad for a week now cuz its really clean. Yes not super dry but it is like my undies i wear is clean, im not kidding gurls, just want to share.. for me i think the good enough water intake and this coconut juice made me cleanse inside, it didn't smells anyway, swear.. why you girls try it, i recommend it.. drink atleast 2 liters a day (mine i almost drink 3 liters, and no kidding, it was started 3 weeks ago due to my UTI, until i got used to it). Just want to share, i think white mens is a dirt inside us and water made us pee to cleanse inside..water (Drinking water) is very healthy and thanks also for the coconut juice.. goodluck.. its aiane
and listen to soph23... clean every day... as much as as possible, specially when you pee.. okies
hi, i have the same problem but not as bad as that yet, just wondering if cleaning and drinking water is the way forward or if there is anything better, because i hate it! it makes me feel so unclean and embarised! but it is good to no that i am not alone.
hi hana.
i have been having the same problem since i got married nearly ten years ago. i have 2 kids since.i have to wear a panty liner everyday to avoid getting soaked. i have gone to so many doctors and have had so many kinds of medicine inserted inside me. but the discharge comes back immediately after the treatment is over. it is really frustrating.
once i tries a traditional medicine - in the form of a capsule. to my surprise, it was gone completely! but the side effect was that pimples started breaking out. i never had pimples before. it really worried me. so i stopped taking the traditional medicine. so now, the discharge is here to stay :( still trying to look for other remedies though ...
hi hana.
All I can so is thank goodness I'm not the only one! Sorry ladies, but it makes me feel better:) I have had it some badly that it not only soaked through a pantie liner, but my undies and my jeans all at once! WTF??? I seriously want to cry at times. Oh and like tonight it happened when i was out with the girls waiting at the tanning salon. Straight through the liner, the undies and my pants....i wonder if i opt for my ovaries to be taken out if it will stop? I already have 3 kiddies and I'm not having anymore, so whats the point right? lol
Hey girls, Im only 18 years old and ive had this problem since i was 14. I remember in middle school it was so wet that i thought i had peed my pants. Anyways ever since then i have had to wear pads or tampons EVERYDAY!!!!!! im so annoyed....Im only 18 and i feel gross and that im different. I just want to know why this discharge is so heavy.....Its to the point where if i dont wear anything in my underwear that it will be soaked in about 5 to 10 min. I NEED HELP!
HI everyone I have had the same problem for years and I am 20. They really need to come up with a diagnosis and solution/cure for this because they continuously tell me that it's normal, and I'm thinking-no it's not!!! This can't be normal. Everyday my underwear is soaked, and although it has no smell most often, I am still embarrassed. Maybe we are not sexually aroused because we are too worried, embarrassed, and distracted by it. Luckily I am married and it doesn't seem to bother my husband. He knows how clan and OCD I am so he knows it's not something I am not doing to cause it. I JUST WANT RELIEF!!!
I have the same problem (my discharge is clear) but its everyday that its there and until recently I was wearing pads everyday because of it. But I stopped because I found out that it isnt healthy to wear them all the time, they can cause infection, irritation and yeast infections and of course if you are wearing a tampon there is the chance of TSS. I would suggest you stop wearing the tampons and ask your doctor if there is anything you can do to lessen the amount instead of asking them if its normal or not that way your doctor wont just say its normal  but might help you deal with this annoying occurence. I wouldnt worry about it other than the annoyance of it because everyone is different...I have alot of discharge whereas someone else might only have a little so it is different from person to person.
reading all your comments guys, made me feel somewhat relief. because all along i thought i was the only person in the world is experiencing such. i hate it when too much DC is being released. it makes me feel uncomfortable and unclean too. i'm always bothered that it might have this 'stinky smell" and that someone might notice it, etc. yes, i do have UTI. is this one of the causes? it has been more than a year since i experience too much DC.
I'm also a female with this problem. It's not only uncomfortable, but its embarrassing to me. I always think that someone smells it it if I don't wear a pantyliner I am worried it will soak through my pants while I'm sitting somewhere and when I get up people will see. As much as I am concerned about a better way to go about this I have a different question. Will it ever get better with age? Will my discharge Get better years from now? I used to feel like I was the only one. I never talked to my mom or anyone besides my doctor once. This is great. I feel more like a woman and that this is just another obstacle that us woman go through on a day to day basis. I wonder what kind of remedies there are to help minimize it if possible. I know doctors say its better to have excess, than no discharge at all, but is there any chance of us getting to a comfortable medium?
hello guys. i have the same problem too, too much white mens, every single day since last year and it's very annoying, uncomfy & depressing sometimes..i'd been to MANY doctors and given me a lot of med, be it oral or something that needs to be inserted but nothing has changed.
to aiane:
i'll try the buko or coconut juice u said...i really want a natural relief this time. i'd been praying too hard..
goodluck to us girls..
I actually understand completely. I am 19 years old. I have had this discharge every day since about a month before i hit puberty. I too have to wear either pads or tampons just to keep my pants from getting wet. My doctor says there's nothing wrong with me and that some women get it more than others. I feel so self conscious about it because i get it every day.
I am 20 and I am relieved that I am not alone with this because I too have had this problem for years and because of it have been embarassed to get to close to men. I know when I did have relations with a guy I got extremely wet in the process ugh I very much disliked it, I just wanted to hide in a corner. I got my first Well Woman Exam when I was 19 and was sort of hoping that my OBGYN would find something wrong with my Lab Results, because I was too embarassed to talk to her about it. Unfortunately my results came out normal, and now that I see all these post I see that it is common with some of us women. I will stick to pantyliners and try that coconut juice. Good luck to all the ladies out there hopefully they find something to stop this icky thing soon.
To all of you having this excessive discharge issue.
I too was having it after the birth of my 4th child.
I always tested negative to yeast infections but I knew that this much disharge wasn't normal.
I was reading a book about Probiotics and how important they are to our overall health balance.  It was saying that a healthy gut is a healthy body.
So I went to my local health food store and found a product called "Ultimate Flora Vaginal Support"  It is in a pink box in the refrigerated section. A bit pricey, but has cleared up the situation all together.
I no longer am embarassed or inconvenienced by it.
Good luck to you all.
I am SO glad to see this post!! I'm 24 and have been having this problem since I hit puberty 10 yrs ago! Its so embarrassing when u go to have sex and have to make a trip to the bathroom to remove ur tampon. Yes ladies..its that bad that I have to wear lite tampons daily. This worries me because of TSS. Panty liners kinda work but I still feel the wetness. Its gross! I have been to multiple doctors about this problem and all they tell me is that ur normal and to stop wearing the tampons. That doesn't help my problem. Any of u have any suggestions? At least I don't feel alone and like I'm the only one this happens to! :)
I have had the  same problem since as long as I can remember. I have tried panty liners but i still feel wet and gross, so I use tampons everyday. I know that it is not healthy but I cant stand feeling all wet and gross. Doctors have told me this is normal but my other girlfriends dont seem to have the same problem. I am also trying to have kids so I wonder if using a tampon is hindering my efforts. Alot of the time my partner notices it during sex and its embarassing. I want to have kids but I cant stand feeling gross all day long. I just wanted you to know that I also wear a tampon everyday. If anyone has a good solution please help! I want to have kids but again im not sure if this problem and the way I choose to deal with it is keeping me from being able to get pregnant.
Help! my boyfriend suspects i cheat on him.I have normal VD every day,but within the first few thrusts of having sex,LOADS of white thick glupy DC comes out! its gross!! and really puts me off.It doesn't smell though.I have recently been checked out and everything is normal.But what the hell is it?!
I am 35 I started having this discharges since after I have breast implant 5 yars ago. I was verry depressed after the surgery. I don't know if that coused it or not. I have more discharges during sex which embarrases me a lot.
Hi girls!..i been having this excessive dc since i was 18 im 28 now. i been to 4 dif doctors..obgyns,i event went to a specialist and they all did every test under the sun and did not find anything... i use to thing that i had a YI but it wasn't..i was told that some women just have a lot more dc and its normal...i learned to deal with it and not let take  over mylife. I have a bf for a year and half now and from the start i have explained to him whats going on with me and he understood and it dosnt really get in the way..on some days its worse then others like a week before my period. i know douching is not a good thing to do all the time but sometimes i will do it and it helps a little. i douche with worm water and acidophilus like the one you can take by mouth. good luck to you all.... and try not to have this issue take over your life, i feel like i lost 10 years of worrying and stressing and it held me back in life.
If you can't be serious Then stay off this site and be a jackass elsewhere.  Go somewhere and get started on your prostate exams douche bag!
So it seems that this happens to be a common issue. I also have talked to my doctor several times over my DC and its always the same thing-- tests and your fine, its normal. I never had a problem with it till i had my son. I thought it might have been the IUD (we took it out due to PID) and my DC went away for a month or so then started back up... i dont know why its so bad for some of us but i am hoping that my body begins to get balanced again and that the DC becomes less of a bother to me. to those of you that are finding that your man is still a *** about it even after you explain the normality of this then he is a *** and you should tell him to screw off because he has no idea how hard it is to deal with! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! I am going to try a couple things that i saw posted here.
i am 15 years old, and i have the same problem. White discharge, sometimes its thick and sometimes liquidy.... If it ever has a smell it smells like vinegar, and I wear a pantyliner daily. i am a virgin, and have had this since i was 13. I am going to the doctor soon and will ask her about different ways to lessen the amount of DC. xoxo good luck everyone.
Thats me too! 16 a virgin, And it seems as if its coming out in quarts what is going on!? what did your doctor say? I went and saw a doctor they said it was candida but I did the treatment, I took the medication, The cream and pills I even tried being a veggie-girl i barely ate bread no sweets only fruits vegitables, and white meat but that did not even work! This getting annoying!
Hi im 18! and I have the same problem. Im not a virgin but ever since I hit puberty i had this white discharged every once in a while. But recently it was so much that i even wet my JEANS! I was just concerned because its never been this much. I was on my way to class and then i just feel it coming .. so i go to the restroom and thats when i notice my jeans were wet too!! I felt uncomfortable cuz i thought people could tell and because it went through my jeans it started smelling a mixture of sweat and the fluid. Not pretty at all!! especially when i have to be all day in college!! and going class to class D: I just want to know if its NORMAL because i would only get wet if Im being sexually aroused or basically horny. Not just walking or doing any normal thing during the day and getting this wet!!
Hi  all I know that even using the panty liners daily is not entirely good for you infact sometimes it also causes infection. It should only be worn during menstural cycles and not everyday, also using cotton undies can also help.

Omg im having the same problem. I mean it just started getting heavy and now my boyfriend thinks that im cheating on him bc I was laying down in bed right after I got out of the shower from work, and i got up to find the remote, and it literally just fell and seeped out of me and ran down my leg! (Wow so crazy!)    Now he is like convinced that its semen from another man, and im out fooling around when im supposed to be working, its stressing me out and messing with my relationship!
I'm 32 years old and have been having excessive vaginal discharge and weird odor since 2005 (age 26). It has been 7 years of complete torment and frustration. Up until 2005 I had normal discharge if any and no odor. At age 17 I did have Bacterial Vaginosis, but I had no symptoms and took one dose of metronidazole pills and it was gone. No problems until 2005. One day I was on the toilet and I noticed some weird clear gel on the tissue after wiping. Since then it has gotten heavier and has a distinct odor. Some times vinegar, sometimes a chemical smell, sometimes a fruit smell. Some times watery and sometimes thick and white. Some times yellow. Just before I get my period, it increases.

I have been to several doctors and they give me either metro pills or the gel. The same ole stuff. It never works. I was told I have BV and a Group Strep B. I'm not diabetic or anything as I've been tested for it many times. I was even given a yeast infection med to combat the problem but it doesn't work. Nothing works! I was diagnosed as having 2 small fibroids in 2008, but I don't think that has anything to do with nasty discharge. I have to wear maxi pads every day. Pantiliners aren't strong enough. If I'm going somewhere important, I have to wear a tampon to help keep my panties dry because it always wet and causes irritation. Underwear constantly ruined and stained.

I have tried Rephresh, Acidophilus and all other remedy's, but they don't work. At one point I had bad itching, but not so much anymore. But it does itch sometime. It isn't a yeast infection. I have just about given up on ever being normal again.

I find myself getting jealous of men because they don't have to walk around smelling like fish or have globs of discharge in their underwear. Or have nasty odor. Most women that I've talked to don't have this problem. Why can't I just be normal and not walk around wearing pads 24 hours a day? Please help! I don't have a boyfriend because he would think I'm nasty. Afraid to meet someone because eventually I have to tell them and explain my embarrassing situation.
Ive been experiencing this since before puberty. All the doctors say its normal n that I have more hormone glands than the average woman. im tired of wearing pantiliners everyday and I cant wait until it stop. The only time that im dc free is the day before my cycle start. Its annoying. I spoke to my grandmother, and she too experienced the same thing growing up. She said it didnt stop until she reached minopause. not only do I experience dc on the daily, when I gave birth to my daughter she had a cycle. It was only for about 4-5 days. I dont think thats normal either but her doctor daid it was. Her body was gettin rid of some of my hormones. Can someone tell me anything about that
I have the same problem and everyone i ask tells me its oh sooo normal but its not normal! Its embarressing and Iv dealt with this ever sense i hit puberty  10 years ago...
Seriously, do you know how to write a complete sentence that makes sense?  Do you know your anatomy?  You urinate from your urethra not your vagina.  Drinking lots of water will NOT clean out your vagina since water does not come out of this area.  You probably noticed a change in the discharge because it was caused by a bacteria which the antibiotic help kill.  It was most likely an infection helped by the medication.
Hi I'm 14 and I have this problem. It's thick and white, but very little amounts. I take showers twice a day because I feel gross. I haven't had my period yet. It's not allot so I don't have to wear a pantyliner or anything. It's smells weird. Iv'e had it for about a year now. It's daily but if I take a shower it goes away for a few hours. Haven't told my mom or anyone. Please help.
i have to wear a pad daily and it is the worst and most annoying thing ever! my doctor told me it was normal too, but i was wondering if there was still just a way to control it, becuase i feel like if it were normal, more women would have this : /
Ok i have had this problem for years and i have had all the tests for sexually transmitted diseases and tests and checked by gyno etc. everything even scans.  everything is normal.  like a lot of you here i have been told its normal.  this is not a medical problem however it is more of a lifestyle problem.  

i dont want to wear pany liners forever so my underwear is always wet and i have a gooyey liquid which hardens by the end of the day. my main problem is embarssment when taking off underwear during sex, looks so horrible and washing clothes before anyone sees,

There are treatments but nothing is permanent, it always starts again after the treatment,  So girls it is normal! unless it smells or itches or is anything besides whitish/cloudy colour then get it checked out.

I did notice that maybe with too much sugar in the diet it increases, so i think diet could affect it.  i eat a lot of sugar and for a week when i cut down i noticed it was less but that could be a coincidence.  if anyone finds a natural cure PLEASE TELL ME!!!!
My boyfriend think vaginal discharge is another mans *** and that I'm cheating on him :(
I get "you *** pants are on the floor"
"What were you doing today, did you go to your lecture?"
It saddens me to think everytime I try and explain he is so ignorant to the fact it's normal and I'm not cheating. It makes me feel like there's something wrong with me :(
Does anyone have this same problem, I know angle1992 has experienced this. But her boyfriend would have been around 16 at the time, mines nearly 22!  
I have been wearing tampons every single day for soooo many years, I have tried using panty liners because of the fear of TSS, but it goes through those, and I end up having irritation and yeast infection from the excessive moisture. My doctors all have said it was normal. But I never hear any of my girlfriends having this issue. It's miserable,
All of you can try pranic healing, a no touch therapy. You can yourself imagine you are sweeping away the dirty energy out of your pubic area by moving your hand near the vagina area and imagine you are catching the dirty energy and throwing it into a bowel which contains  a hand full of salt and one litre of water for about50 to 100 sweepings. Then you can clean your hand with isopropyl alcohol or salt water. repeat several times daily till your white discharge stops.this is asiple cleansing process. you do not have to touch the vagina. you do this for even pain in any area. the sweepings can be increased around that area where the pain or problem is. Sweeping is just moving your hand from top to bottom and after every five waves pick up the dirty energy and throw it into salt water. you have to imagine you are catching the dirty energy. some may feel pain in the hand.. after you finish cleans your hand with salt water. happy healing. contact me for help
I am 23 and married. I have had discharge ever since I can remember. So much I have to wear a panty liner ever day, sometimes changing it a second time. I have no infections and all paps have been normal. My doctor said its normal, but like you said, what exactly is normal. She suggested wearing pantys as less as possible. But that has just made more of a mess. It's so aggravating. Even though I'm married, it's embarrassing to make love when I have a panty liner with DC all over it. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
I'm only 17 and I have to... If I don't and I have just one feeling of discharge...I go to the restroom and my underwear are soaked and it is not comfortable ... does birth control help with that at all?
Since so many people are experiencing this, then its normal.  Once its not itchy, discolored or smelly, then you should not worry.  Use what it takes to keep you clean and fresh.  Don't scorn what comes out of your body, its yours.  
I'm only 13, and this year I have started getting heavy discharge. It is incredibly uncomfortable, and I always feel kind of... damp. It makes it hard to really enjoy myself because I always am thinking about it. It leaves a dried up white smear in my underpants. Can anyone help? :(