Aa
A
A
Close
failed bladder sling surgery
hi I had bladder sling surgery for stress incontinence on 01/21/10 and I am still having stress incontinence as a matter of fact it seems that I may be leaking urine at times,at first i thought it was discharge from the procedure,(which was to be expected) but now 3 weeks after i noticed that when i sneeze or cough i still have a gush of urine.also if i try to hold my muscles when i sneeze it sometimes does not happen right away,but when i relax my muscles a small flow comes out...it feels like menstruation discharge,but it is urine.
i seen my Dr. 4 days ago and he said that the surgery should normally work instantly ,he wants to see me in 2 weeks and he said he may have to dilate my cervix (in the office) and loosen the sling....i am completely mortified.....dilate cervix???? does this hurt???has anyone gone through this?? i don't know what to do,,,surgey was a big deal for me because i am always nervous about anesthesia and i have to be off work for 6 weeks,3 more to go.....i have not had sex but i have a feeling it will not be pleasant...does anyone know of this situation,has anyone out there gone through this
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
einaej added the Exercise Tracker
4 hrs ago
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
22 hrs ago
Blank
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Aug 23
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Reach your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Top Women's Health Answerers
Women's Health Community Resources