failed bladder sling surgery
hi I had bladder sling surgery for stress incontinence on 01/21/10 and I am still having stress incontinence as a matter of fact it seems that I may be leaking urine at times,at first i thought it was discharge from the procedure,(which was to be expected) but now 3 weeks after i noticed that when i sneeze or cough i still have a gush of urine.also if i try to hold my muscles when i sneeze it sometimes does not happen right away,but when i relax my muscles a small flow comes out...it feels like menstruation discharge,but it is urine.
i seen my Dr. 4 days ago and he said that the surgery should normally work instantly ,he wants to see me in 2 weeks and he said he may have to dilate my cervix (in the office) and loosen the sling....i am completely mortified.....dilate cervix???? does this hurt???has anyone gone through this?? i don't know what to do,,,surgey was a big deal for me because i am always nervous about anesthesia and i have to be off work for 6 weeks,3 more to go.....i have not had sex but i have a feeling it will not be pleasant...does anyone know of this situation,has anyone out there gone through this