Women's Health Community
failed bladder sling surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

failed bladder sling surgery

hi I had bladder sling surgery for stress incontinence on 01/21/10 and I am still having stress incontinence as a matter of fact it seems that I may be leaking urine at times,at first i thought it was discharge from the procedure,(which was to be expected) but now 3 weeks after i noticed that when i sneeze or cough i still have a gush of urine.also if i try to hold my muscles when i sneeze it sometimes does not happen right away,but when i relax my muscles a small flow comes out...it feels like menstruation discharge,but it is urine.
i seen my Dr. 4 days ago and he said that the surgery should normally work instantly ,he wants to see me in 2 weeks and he said he may have to dilate my cervix (in the office) and loosen the sling....i am completely mortified.....dilate cervix???? does this hurt???has anyone gone through this?? i don't know what to do,,,surgey was a big deal for me because i am always nervous about anesthesia and i have to be off work for 6 weeks,3 more to go.....i have not had sex but i have a feeling it will not be pleasant...does anyone know of this situation,has anyone out there gone through this