falling alot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

falling alot

OMG
I am a 49 year old perfectly healthy female or so i thought. I now have fallen 3 times in the last 10 days for absolutely no apparent reason. Once while just walking on a flat surface. I keep landing on my knees and they're not very happy about it. I've been to the doctor and all they've done is a ton of lab work that so far has come back all normal. Now what?
Hi there and welcome.  Well, how are your ears?  Are you dizzy before you fall?  
Do you feel like your knee gives, or your leg is suddenly weak, or is it dizziness as specialmom is asking?  I ask because I noticed recently that after sleeping for a long time in an odd position that put my knees into a somewhat sideways and downward bend with no support under them, the knee joints kind of swayed when I got up.  I don't know if I would have fallen, but they felt for a minute like they were too unsteady to hold me.  I've never had it happen before, and am thinking I'll go buy some of those shark cartilage tablets to see if they help me build up my knees.
I'm not dizzy and my hearing is fine I think but it does feel like something's off in my head like my equilibrium or something. I can't really put my finger on it. Almost like delayed tearooms time
Oops...I meant reaction time :)
I'm just wondering about your eustacian tube.  When you are laying down, do you hear a wooshing sound when you turn your head quickly to the other side?  

And Anniebrooke brings up another idea.  

Do you have any pins and needles as well as in nerve issues?  
No whooshing sounds, and I'm not quite sure what you mean by the nerve issues. Pins and needles where?  In my legs or feet?  Actually no pins or needles anywhere that I'm aware of but what I am aware of is when I like start to walk and I notice I almost feel like I swaying or sometimes leaning in one direction or another other than the direction I was intending to go. Does that make sense?  Probably not. I don't know how to explain the feeling.