feelin depressed :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

feelin depressed :(

So my bby will be 2 months on the 20th and im starting to feel the baby blues.. i find myself crying for no reason n my aunt and my mom dont help cause they tell me im fat and that i eat to much. I know i gained weight with my pregnancy but im trying to loose it but they just make me feel worse tellin me all the time that im fat and that if i dont looe weight my fiance ia gonna leave me..i know its not true but i still feel bad about myself
Oh, sweetie.  I'm very sorry.  Don't let them get you down.  That is quite cruel to give you a hard time.  there isn't a mama out there that doesn't want to lose her baby weight but it takes time.  Right after baby you are pretty dang busy and preoccupied with baby care and your body is healing.  It takes 9 months to gain the weight, it doesn't fall off over night.  So, don't be so hard on yourself (and wish I could tell them to not be so  hard on you too).  

After my first baby, at about 2 or 2/5 months, I started trying to exercise again.  I had stopped early in that pregnancy due to some issues I was having so it had been a long time since I'd done any exercise.  I set up a bench in the basement (like a step from 'step class'. . .   I'm an 'old school' work out person) and turned on music on my ipod and just stepped all by myself, I took the baby for long walks in the stroller (great for getting away from annoying family), we actually joined the YMCA which has a sliding scale for people.  Single moms who don't have much income would even possibly be free hon.  And your baby can go to the babycare and you could do a class such as yoga, zumba, step or whatever you like or just go to the treadmills/weight room or you could swim.  I do like having a place to go.

So, I did start to lose some baby weight with my first pregnancy.  Ha, but then found out I was pregnant again when my first baby was 7 months old and then all bets were off.  Then after THAT baby, it took my like 3 years to lose the weight.  Okay, I didn't try very hard but I was busy.  And you are busy.  

We as women have to love ourselves.  You'll figure this out in your own time and find the right weight for you.

If you really feel you are becoming 'depressed' in any clinical sense of the word then you need to call your ob who delivered your baby and talk to them.  They may want you to start some medication.  

any chance of moving out of your mom's place soon?  
She actually lives wit me and my bf tipl she finds a apartment
Okay,  Well, what about all the other things I wrote about.  :>)  I'm sorry she is making you feel bad especially since you've taken her in.  Do you need any other help?  Ideas of ways to treat depression, ways to lose weight?  Ways to deal with someone who is rude to you?  I'm not sure what you're looking for but am happy to help if I can.  good luck