Women's Health Community
feels like food gets stuck in my chest
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

feels like food gets stuck in my chest

I dont have a sore throat but for the last few weeks whenever i eat bread or muffins so far thats all i notice it with the food seems to get stuck in my chest it hurts real bad i drink water and it pushes it down but it hurts so bad as its going down. what can it be?
Could this have anything to do with a gallbladder i have a stone in mine and need to have it removed.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
79258_tn?1190634010
There are a number of things this could be, but you'll definitely need to see your doctor for a diagnosis and treatment. I would suggest doing so sooner, rather than later. My husband has this happen sometimes; his is due to esophageal spasms from longtime GERD.
Blank
I'm having problems with feeling full after just eating a small meal and sometimes the food comes right back up with lots of burning in my chest and my throat is sore all the time. Could there be some kind of back up going on? My stomach swells up all the way under my chest and i go up a whole pants size. And recently i just had the stomach flu and i throw up for 3 days and the back door as well. i think there must be some kind of blockage. I had this problem for a few months now and I'm going for an upper GI next week.
What do you think?
Blank
When I eat potatoes or carrots sometimes  gets stuck in throat and I can't swallow anything. cause of this being stuck in my throat. and sometimes with bread
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...